PDA

View Full Version : IDW Beast Wars

devilsknight
05-25-2007, 02:43 PM
Out of curiosity, what happened with that comic line ? I started buying them up not to long ago and noticed they just stop.

Were they unpopular ? Are more coming ?

Thanks

Synch
05-25-2007, 04:26 PM
I think I saw on TNIs comics site that there was aonther one coming based off the first one. Magmatron sees that cybertron and the universe is going to be destroyed some how and calls upon the maxies from the last book to stop it or something

General Tekno
05-25-2007, 08:14 PM
It was supposed to be a 4-issue mini, that's all.

There's a followup mini coming out this fall, as well as, at long last, the profile books that have been heavily delayed.

jourdo
05-25-2007, 11:47 PM
It was supposed to be a 4-issue mini, that's all.

What he said.

Ondoher Prime
05-26-2007, 12:38 AM
the new series coming out i think in september is beast wars: the ascending, plus the 3-issue beast wars sourcebook, both by idw.

agesthreeandup
05-26-2007, 01:18 AM
I loved the first set of books. Very happy with what they did for the characters and the story. I am looking forward to what they may do with it next.

IDW seem to be using the lisence very different than Dreamwave did. I like where they are going with the stories and it does not seem to be overwhelming as it did with a lot of the Dreamwave stuff.

Spencer.

Synch
05-26-2007, 01:42 AM
Yes its such a shame when they make such great characters out of such cra* toys! Not all of them mind you but most ... I all ways wana buy that lil ape guy but then I look at the toy and go ELCH!

I found the link here ya go
http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid=208&itemid=9850

jourdo
05-26-2007, 11:20 AM
Yes its such a shame when they make such great characters out of such cra* toys! Not all of them mind you but most ... I all ways wana buy that lil ape guy but then I look at the toy and go ELCH!

I found the link here ya go
http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid=208&itemid=9850

I totally agree! The toys I saw on the shelves just didn't do anything for me. Granted, I was not really back into collecting at the time of Beast Wars, but I did enjoy the show. I thought the characters they developed there, and continue to do so with the comic are great.

To be fair though... did we REALLY need Grimlock in another TF book?