PDA

View Full Version : Ages Three and Up Announcement: New Owner and Relaunch

Super_Megatron
12-09-2009, 10:26 AM
It's been a while since Ages Three and Up (http://www.AgesThreeAndUp.com) has made any announcements here. Find out who owns the relaunched store and what they are offering by clicking here (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?p=193622#post193622).

Super_Megatron
12-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Hi There,

It's been a while since Ages Three and Up (http://www.agesthreeandup.com/) has made any announcements here in the forums. Sorry we've been absent for so long. But it has been productive...

Since the original reopening of the Ages Three and Up online store in May 2009, I've been busy gathering more feedback for the store, it's new direction and forging new relationships to help bring customers more transformers focused collectibles.

Thanks to all those that supported us and bought our Transformers when we relaunched in May. Your support has helped to keep Ages Three and Up in the community. It's been a bit of an adventure already as a new owner trying to revive a great store that has had so much history with this community, but I am dedicated to keep stocking our store with products that our customers will enjoy for time to come.

Now I know many have had questions about what happened to Ages... does it still exists or not? Will we still be supporting the transformers collectors in our region? Does Spencer still owns the store? And in some cases I've seen questions as to whether or not the new owners are just made up figments in digital space.

To respond... I really do exist and I did acquire AgesThreeAndUp.com (and all it's web properties) from Spencer last December... thanks to my supporters that made that happen. I did not assume ownership of his inventory, nor the retail store which is now owned by another outfit.

However that does not mean we have left the retail scene. In addition to the efforts we have made to improve our online store, we have made Ages Three and Up transformers available to our local customers in Vancouver, Canada through The Urban Samurai Hobbies store located in Lougheed Town Centre (Upper Level across form The Bay). We've rented out half the space to display and stock items so that local customers can have the convenience of just stopping by to purchase their items they want right away.

Spencer does work at the retail location for Urban Samurai Hobbies, but has nothing to do with Ages Three and Up operations in any way nor does he have any ownership of the brand itself. We have a whole new crew that runs the Ages Three and Up section.

I know that in the last closing months of the original Ages Three and Up Store, there was lots of uncertainty and concerns about how some things were being handled. But without passing judgement, I would like to say that as the new owner, I strive to make sure my customers stay happy and find the products they are looking for at reasonable prices.

I know from being a customer of the store in the past and up to the time it ended that I was treated with that ideal and always got the stuff I needed at fair prices and received good customer support. I hope to continue more of that.

It's been slow going up to this point, but I am happy to say that we are back and are already starting to stock the store with new products. We will be rotating our stock often now, so check us out for the latest preorders and specials.

We have now confirmed shipment of products on their way to the store this week and will start shipping out to customers next week:

* MP-01B Convoy
* Ravage USB Stick
* Grimlock Optical Mouse
* Buster Prime
* Alternity Bumblebee and Cliff Jumper
* Restock on ROTF Jetfire
* Restock on e-Hobby Megatron Exclusive
* Restock on e-Hobby Sunstorm Exclusive

There's also tons of already available stock in the store. So check out the new online store @ agesthreeandup.com (http://www.agesthreeandup.com/) or for local customers who haven't already, drop by the Urban Samurai store @ Lougheed Town Centre.

Thanks,

Boris Chow

Cliffjumper69
12-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Hmmmmm.... Still kinda Iffy about this whole thing. Ill shop at Automation. ;)

CJ

Doctor Kibble
12-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I don't buy it. This stinks.

FreedomGundam
12-09-2009, 02:38 PM
I don't want to doubt any sincere actions from the new owners, but my question is: if the new owners were already concerned about the image that A3U had with its customers in the closing months of its business under Spencer, why does the new management open up the store under the same name? Why not have it a fresh start entirely under a different name, different banner? As it stands, A3U had left a bitter taste in many fans' mouths, and keeping the new business with the same old name is not really helping anything...

(On a side note, though, I must point out that, other that just having a very delayed order last year near the closing months (ordered in Feb/Mar, got my order in October), I didn't end up losing anything due to the delays nor did I receive bad service... in fact, Spencer was extremely helpful when my delayed package was missing one item from my order)

agesthreeandup
12-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Hmmmmm.... Still kinda Iffy about this whole thing. Ill shop at Automation. ;)

CJ

Understandable, I don't expect things to change overnight for Ages Three and Up. And I've myself heard great things about Atomation (is it automation or automaton?) Directed some friends to buy from them... who also bought from me (thanks guys).

Like I said in the announcement though, hard to pass judgment, cause at the time Spencer stopped his operations, I was still a customer of the retail store, so more on the side that you guys were on looking in.

Hard to discredit or credit anybody's word. But instead of spending my efforts looking back, I just decided to find funding... also put in my own money so that I could still bring in products for the people on the west coast here that need their Transformers :)

It's been slow going, cause I wanna make sure that we had the funds and staff to support this and make it better again.

I know it won't win you back by words alone, so I'm just gonna focus on moving forward and making sure that I get my products to my customers and treat them right.

It's all I can really do. Sorry that Ages has sucked for you in the past. Hope that if you are in a bind and need something you can't find you think of us as you would any new vendor. Cause essentially we are, just kept the name cause a lot of people already associate it with transformers collectibles in Vancouver.

Thanks for the feedback either way.

agesthreeandup
12-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Yeah, I don't buy it. This stinks.

Noticed you are from BC. If you are in the Vancouver area, stop by the store. You'll see that it's all true what I said.

And to be clear, Spencer does work for Urban Samurai. However, our only connection to Urban Samurai is we rent shelves and space from the owners and stock our items for local customers. The toy industry in Vancouver isn't that huge, so it's no surprise to see Spencer workin for them. Small world indeed.

Would love to open our own store when we have this running smooth again, but one step at a time. Just focused more on spending our time right now on product. I literally started with zero stock. Didn't want to buy up all of Spencers old stuff.

agesthreeandup
12-09-2009, 03:32 PM
I don't want to doubt any sincere actions from the new owners, but my question is: if the new owners were already concerned about the image that A3U had with its customers in the closing months of its business under Spencer, why does the new management open up the store under the same name? Why not have it a fresh start entirely under a different name, different banner? As it stands, A3U had left a bitter taste in many fans' mouths, and keeping the new business with the same old name is not really helping anything...

(On a side note, though, I must point out that, other that just having a very delayed order last year near the closing months (ordered in Feb/Mar, got my order in October), I didn't end up losing anything due to the delays nor did I receive bad service... in fact, Spencer was extremely helpful when my delayed package was missing one item from my order)

Thanks for the input on the name stuff. This was one of the hardest parts moving forward to decide on.

See the problem was 2 fold. Whereas Ages when ran by Spencer really upset the customers on closing, at the time of purchase, everyone that I had spoken to in Vancouver had good things to say about the retail store and wished it was still around. I read about the online stuff too and did see a mixed feeling about how he handled things. It was a lot to digest for me.

But the fact remained. I had 2 choices... start a name of my own in an industry where I've been more of a collector and have no real branding or use a brand that people here locally already associate with transformers. I based most of the decision on what kind of products the name was related to more than some of the bad press that it received.

Both would have been a tough challenge. Gaining confidence as a new guy on the block especially doing the retail stuff or trying to salvage a tainted one. It was tough. But after a lot of feedback, it really seemed a lot of people were still more fans of Ages then the bad press had ruined.

And that's the problem, reading through everything a lot of bad press really just came from a handful of people in comparison to all who have shopped there over the years (Ages has been around for around 5 years... I'm starting to get some customers that haven't even shopped with them during all of this and have rediscovered us). I guess because Spencer had already let go of his interest in the business, he just never bothered to correct some of those complaints properly at closing.

Sucks too, cause I know myself when I read any bad press, it goes a long way no matter how little of an indication it is. And after a year hiatus, it's been left to evolve into things that aren't even true.

Up until this post, I was said to not have been a real person by people that have never even met me, my crew or tried to substantiate any of the claims. Everything was speculative at first and then all of a sudden, I was not even a real human being, just a figment of Spencers imagination... lol

It's definitely been some interesting choices. But in May 2009 when I did restock the online store... we sold quite a few items and were able to get some good feedback on our service. It's just been harder for me from a perspective of how do I turn a store that sold everything to just carrying transformers products and also finding the latest stuff at good prices so that I could pass on the good pricing to customers was a challenge.

The retail store is doing well now too with good rotation, so I think people realize that I'm just here to move forward and get things in good shape and most importantly keep those shelves stocked with good product. Leave the past behind kinda thing.

But like I said I pass no judgement on the people that are saying bad things, cause maybe that was their experience... can't take that away from them. Nor can I pass judgement on Spencer, cause when speaking to him, he was very candid about what he did and didn't do for his customers.

Icetron
12-09-2009, 05:04 PM
All I can say is that I went to Urban Samurai a couple times already, and was greeted by friendly people. (I make this point because at other stores I'm either not greeted at all or I just don't feel like I'm being greeted, more like I am being watched so I don't steal stuff?) The prices seem fair since most of the TFs are Takara (Japanese) versions, although I'm not interested in buying stuff like the Japanese ROTF toys. I never ordered or preordered anything from the old A3U so I have nothing really bad to say about the past, however I'm looking forward to seeing how the new store works out in case I ever need to buy anything. :)

bvia
12-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Are your in-store prices the same as the online prices or are they slightly higher like when Spencer operated to cover the store expenses?

Icetron
12-09-2009, 05:10 PM
^ If it helps, the ROTF Deluxes in-store were $25 IIRC and they're listed the same on the site.

Pascal
12-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Well, well, well, look who was right after all...

agesthreeandup
12-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Are your in-store prices the same as the online prices or are they slightly higher like when Spencer operated to cover the store expenses?

We are trying to keep the prices very similar. But my initial shipment back in May was just a tad more expensive overall. Didn't know about some extra brokerage fees.

But the latest stock we've been ordering is pretty on par. Some larger items in the store have been marked down a bit on the web site just because shipping costs on those will be more.

I am doing my research, so most things I'm trying to keep on par with what's on the market. And as we are still fairly new at the mall, I've been really trying to keep it stocked and working my margins to try to get close on everything.

Do note too that because I started the online store first as part of this whole revival, it does have it's own inventory. So some things in store such as the henkei's right now are slightly cheaper when you walk in.

Consolidation of the stock and pricing is almost done, but there are still a few items that differ a bit.

bubbacon
12-09-2009, 07:24 PM
I for one am glad to have Ages Three and Up back, I bought a few Transformers through the web site of the old store over the last few years. Spencer was always good to deal with, but I look forward to future dealing with the new owners!

Leozak
12-09-2009, 08:54 PM
I am very curious why you decided to continue with an existing store that had a lot of baggage in its final days..

The reputation of the store is already low and I'm surprised that you did not focus your energy into starting up a new store with a clean slate..

Judging from the responses.. it will be an uphill battle to try and win ppl over.

*EDIT* Not that I wanted to be negative about the whole thing.. just more concerned for you :)

agesthreeandup
12-09-2009, 08:54 PM
All I can say is that I went to Urban Samurai a couple times already, and was greeted by friendly people. (I make this point because at other stores I'm either not greeted at all or I just don't feel like I'm being greeted, more like I am being watched so I don't steal stuff?) The prices seem fair since most of the TFs are Takara (Japanese) versions, although I'm not interested in buying stuff like the Japanese ROTF toys. I never ordered or preordered anything from the old A3U so I have nothing really bad to say about the past, however I'm looking forward to seeing how the new store works out in case I ever need to buy anything. :)

Thanks for the props Icetron, we are definitely striving to keep a nice environment for our customers to enjoy the product.

agesthreeandup
12-09-2009, 09:08 PM
I am very curious why you decided to continue with an existing store that had a lot of baggage in its final days..

The reputation of the store is already low and I'm surprised that you did not focus your energy into starting up a new store with a clean slate..

Judging from the responses.. it will be an uphill battle to try and win ppl over.

It's also an uphill battle to start a new brand and have people have that recognition to the products when they see you. And plus as I posted in an earlier message, there have been a lot of good comments too. So maybe I'm halfway up that hill... I don't know.

I really think that in comparison to all the collectors ages three and up has served in 5 years. The last little bit of baggage really is small in comparison to all of that history.

So in short, new brand or old brand, I never expected to win customers just by opening. I intend to put hard work on it no matter what and prove that I'm about my customers.

Helps that I love the hobby myself and I grew up in that era.

I'm really trying to focus my energy on transformers rather than spending time undoing what Spencer may or may not have done. I really don't have that kinda power over people.

I'm sure no matter what, new or old name, I will even have customers that may not like how I do things. It's just the game if you're gonna be offering your stuff to lots of people. Everyone can differ when it comes to standards.

In an ideal world, I would love to just open up a store and have crowds rush in fighting for products. But even customers that never heard of ages, don't buy from me right away. Takes a little elbow grease to show them that I deserve their biz.

Mumps
12-09-2009, 09:40 PM
I personally have never had a problem when I dealt with Spencer, I even ordered something right when the problems started and I got my stuff.

But I can say that I was rather turned off by all of the negativity. But ya know, it doesn't always have to stay negative.

I will treat this new launch of A3U like I treat the startup of ANY new online store. First I will see what people think, then, if the price is right, I'll place an order. Thats the same thing I did with all of the other retailers on the sponsors banners to the right. Some of them I never ordered from because of either Price, or they just didn't have what I wanted, and others I have given way too much of my money to.. haha

So, if this really is a fresh start, I wish Good Luck to Boris and his team. It's always nice to have a fresh face in the TF dealing biz.

Leozak
12-10-2009, 12:00 AM
I wish all the success and if you happen to be at TFCon next year, I'll be sure to drop by and say hi

pandaprime
12-10-2009, 01:09 AM
I see they are listed under Transformers Shopping here on this site. :)

C_Shewins
12-10-2009, 01:16 AM
After all that... I don't think people still have interest when they hear the name "Ages Three and up" seriously. Well, good luck. I would still rather get my tfs from BBTS and Automaton.

crimbot
12-10-2009, 01:22 AM
I wish you the best of luck. I see it this way, I never had a problem in the past, and I am going to support site sponsors before anyone else. Given the A3U toolbar on the side, I'm prone to give it a shop:)

Doctor Kibble
12-10-2009, 02:04 AM
Noticed you are from BC. If you are in the Vancouver area, stop by the store. You'll see that it's all true what I said.

And to be clear, Spencer does work for Urban Samurai. However, our only connection to Urban Samurai is we rent shelves and space from the owners and stock our items for local customers. The toy industry in Vancouver isn't that huge, so it's no surprise to see Spencer workin for them. Small world indeed.

Would love to open our own store when we have this running smooth again, but one step at a time. Just focused more on spending our time right now on product. I literally started with zero stock. Didn't want to buy up all of Spencers old stuff.

Nah, I don't think I'll check out your store. I'll just take your word for it. :) Best of luck to you. But I still gotta wonder why you would take that name. By the way, how are you able to use the agesthreeandup profile here? Did Spencer sell you his cybertron.ca profile and password? Can you just trade profiles like that? How does that work?

MasterOfPuppets
12-10-2009, 03:27 AM
Well Boris, if you really are who you say you are then it's too bad you had to go and get yourself associated with Spencer. On that basis alone you have already lost a potential customer. If you're renting store space from Urban Samurai; which last I checked was co-owned by him and a fellow named Alex, then any money I spend is going to be funding your rent costs. Quite frankly, I don't want to put another cent in his pocket. Spencer has stolen money from far too many people, including friends of mine and he really shouldn't be allowed to have a business if he can't even pay these people back.

And Boris, even if you try to tell me otherwise I can't just take your word for it. Sorry but that's just the way it is. The fact that you guys have gotten yourselves involved with Spencer has completely turned me off of your business. I really would love to be able to purchase import TFs locally at reasonable prices, I really would. But you should have stayed far away from A3U and made a name for yourself.

And I know Boris does exist but that doesn't rule out the possibility of Spencer posting as Boris here. If you are Spencer then you know who I am and I know the terrible things you have done. Shame on you.

Karifore
12-10-2009, 04:34 AM
Well Boris, if you really are who you say you are then it's too bad you had to go and get yourself associated with Spencer. On that basis alone you have already lost a potential customer. If you're renting store space from Urban Samurai; which last I checked was co-owned by him and a fellow named Alex, then any money I spend is going to be funding your rent costs. Quite frankly, I don't want to put another cent in his pocket. Spencer has stolen money from far too many people, including friends of mine and he really shouldn't be allowed to have a business if he can't even pay these people back.

And Boris, even if you try to tell me otherwise I can't just take your word for it. Sorry but that's just the way it is. The fact that you guys have gotten yourselves involved with Spencer has completely turned me off of your business. I really would love to be able to purchase import TFs locally at reasonable prices, I really would. But you should have stayed far away from A3U and made a name for yourself.

And I know Boris does exist but that doesn't rule out the possibility of Spencer posting as Boris here. If you are Spencer then you know who I am and I know the terrible things you have done. Shame on you.

I agree with MasterOfPuppets... I'm normally not one to complain about bad service as long as I get what I've paid for. It's a different story though when they ignore you after finding out they owe you something that's already been paid for which they don't have anymore and don't want to give your money back. I don't know if it has anything to do with me being in Ontario, so they believe it's not worth the trouble since it's not like I'm going to fly out and go to their store to get my refund. There's more to it, but I don't bother with the details either. Anyway, I think it was a bad idea to use the A3U name as well and remain associated with the old A3U in any way. There are many good people on this board that I'm sure would have given you a chance with any other name and location, including myself, but I can't bring myself over to give it another chance given the association to the old store. Sorry...

Still, I sincerely wish you good luck with the venture Boris.

agesthreeandup
12-10-2009, 04:54 AM
Nah, I don't think I'll check out your store. I'll just take your word for it. :) Best of luck to you. But I still gotta wonder why you would take that name. By the way, how are you able to use the agesthreeandup profile here? Did Spencer sell you his cybertron.ca profile and password? Can you just trade profiles like that? How does that work?

Hey, thanks. Ya, that's been the hardest decision take a chance on the tainted name or take a chance on making a new one. Like I said, there really is a mixed feeling and lots of good feedback too.

So I went with the feedback, a lot of which is normal unfortunately. Ages had a lot of fans and haters like almost every business I know.

Was hard to make a decision to try and build another brand too. It's really more about what the name is associated with in terms of product.

Again, don't want to minimize what you are trying to say about the past. Just gonna focus on the future for me now. Bad name or not, I'm just not one to screw over my customers, so I hope in time that will prove true.

I bought everything that was remaining in online presence for Ages, so that included this username. I just didn't buy the business, assume any stock or take over the retail operations.

agesthreeandup
12-10-2009, 05:09 AM

Hi there. Seen your posts before. Seems like you really had something against Spencer. I really don't know how to respond.

Not really trying to change your mind. You have your reasons to be mad. And ya, if someone screwed me over, I would not be happy either.

so nothing to really disagree with you on that. But he's gone. Lougheed mall is in Burnaby where you are located, so really the only way to know is by comin down and meeting me.

And I can totally understand if you don't want to put another cent in Spencer's pocket. So I can tell you that no proceeds from my store go to anything but my cost to run the store with my new crew and the products. My rent goes to the mall. So they actually make all the money.

And man do they make their money. They sure don't make it that easy to just open up a store.

And really, you don't have to take my word for it. I intend to prove things over time.

agesthreeandup
12-10-2009, 05:17 AM
I agree with MasterOfPuppets... I'm normally not one to complain about bad service as long as I get what I've paid for. It's a different story though when they ignore you after finding out they owe you something that's already been paid for which they don't have anymore and don't want to give your money back. I don't know if it has anything to do with me being in Ontario, so they believe it's not worth the trouble since it's not like I'm going to fly out and go to their store to get my refund. There's more to it, but I don't bother with the details either. Anyway, I think it was a bad idea to use the A3U name as well and remain associated with the old A3U in any way. There are many good people on this board that I'm sure would have given you a chance with any other name and location, including myself, but I can't bring myself over to give it another chance given the association to the old store. Sorry...

Still, I sincerely wish you good luck with the venture Boris.

Don't be sorry. These are things that happen and I knew going in that some people did have some negative issues with the store. As they do positive.

These are forums, so you can be as negative as you need to be. Especially given your circumstances.

I would never not refund my customers for orders they don't receive though. Seems like a pretty standard ethical thing.

I can see why you think it a bad idea to carry on the name and the whole association you have with it.

And I totally could be Spencer right now posing as someone and making you a sucker again. But I'm not. And I don't really know what else to do short of video taping my forum posts.

Anyway, I feel that a store and a name doesn't manage it's customers. The people do. And we're not the same crew as the old for better or for worse.

agesthreeandup
12-10-2009, 05:24 AM
After all that... I don't think people still have interest when they hear the name "Ages Three and up" seriously. Well, good luck. I would still rather get my tfs from BBTS and Automaton.

Some people still do have a lot of interest in the store. They had very different experiences though. Seems to vary but mostly good comments. But no better or worse than any mixed feelings about other stores.

Sucks that it was the ending note for the old Ages store. I appreciate the kind words despite how you feel about the whole thing.

tfs, bbts and automaton are good stores and support the community. No complaints on my end about that.

agesthreeandup
12-10-2009, 05:27 AM
I wish all the success and if you happen to be at TFCon next year, I'll be sure to drop by and say hi

Sweet... I totally intend to set up there. Hope to meet a lot of new faces.

MasterOfPuppets
12-10-2009, 05:43 AM
Hi there. Seen your posts before. Seems like you really had something against Spencer. I really don't know how to respond.
I didn't always have a thing against him. There was a time I considered him a friend. I've known him since John's Collectibles and the Rupert store. I'm also an ex-A3U employee. Never did get my last pay check after the store went under. So he stole money from me and from close friends of mine. I know of despicable things he has done that the TF fandom is completely ignorant of. So I hope you'll understand that not only can I not shop with anyone that has that association with him, I simply cannot give my business to anyone that is operating in the same store as him.

CobraCommander
12-10-2009, 08:32 AM
I was one of the folks that got a late package from A3U (back in the Spencer era), but it never really bothered me as the package did eventually arrive complete and the communication was clear. Frankly if the price is right, I'll give just about anyone my business.

Well, well, well, look who was right after all...

Who? ...more importantly about what? :confused:

Pascal
12-10-2009, 10:05 AM
About A3U actually having a new ownership. I called it, no one believed me, someone even implied I was blatantly lying about the whole thing, which is utterly retarded. What do/did I have to gain out of that, I don't think I've ever bought something from their online store other than a few Roadbots once. I just happened to know one of their former employees and I had a chat with the new ownership (Boris or Adrian, can't remember). That's it, I just relayed what I knew.

I'm still dumbfounded reading about people here not willing to believe the legitimacy of this new ownership. Yeah, Spencer fucked up big time, yes, employees never got their last paycheck and that sucks (I guess Spencer decided to refund angry customers first), but Boris is not Spencer. And A3U is only a name. I too think Boris should have chosen a new name, but what can you do, it's his call, not ours.

Oreobot
12-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Just wondering who owns Urban Samarai Hobbies? Is it Spencer's business?

StarwarsTF
12-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me! :(

Seems Pascal you're on your own man for believing this!

Boris a little advice if you want business to pick up and grow some trust again change the name, and start fresh!! Or your business wont be around long enough. This is just my opinion. Also good luck.

Robimus
12-10-2009, 11:58 AM
A3U has been around for a lot of years now as an online retailer and I suspect its a fairly well known web address despite the problems of the past year.

A new name is a difficult thing to build when one has an established name thats been around for a long time.

Keep in mind the that likely the majority of A3U customers, old or new ownership, are not a part of Cybertron or TFW, so on.

Pascal
12-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Seems Pascal you're on your own man for believing this!

You're probably right. And Super Megatron isn't really running this site, Kelly Hrudey is.

JLvatron
12-10-2009, 01:22 PM
You're probably right. And Super Megatron isn't really running this site, Kelly Hrudey is.

In Kelly's defence, she felt she needed the 'Super' title to be taken seriously.

JLvatron
12-10-2009, 01:26 PM

Sweet... I totally intend to set up there. Hope to meet a lot of new faces.

I think this is very important. A3U has long been 1 of the great dealers at TFcon and people enjoy visiting the table.

Hopefully, your presence there will generate alot of good talk that'll close the old stories.

pud333
12-10-2009, 01:28 PM
About A3U actually having a new ownership. I called it, no one believed me, someone even implied I was blatantly lying about the whole thing, which is utterly retarded.

I believe you had something to do with the phoney moon landing too, didn't you Pascal? Admit it!

I'm still dumbfounded reading about people here not willing to believe the legitimacy of this new ownership. Yeah, Spencer fucked up big time, yes, employees never got their last paycheck and that sucks (I guess Spencer decided to refund angry customers first), but Boris is not Spencer. And A3U is only a name. I too think Boris should have chosen a new name, but what can you do, it's his call, not ours.

I totally agree. If there ever was a comment to recommend, it would be this one.

Personally, I too believe Boris should have taken a new name, but I can understand why he chose to keep the name. I loved going to the old A3U store. I have fond memories of picking up TFs or grabbing the latest Revoltech figure, etc. It seems there are people here that have already condemned Boris through guilt by association. And that's fine, it's not right, but they're entitled to that belief. After all, the A3U issue was and still is quite a sore spot for many consumers.

At the end of the day, money talks, bullshit walks. If Boris can provide good service, at fair prices, he should be fine. We all know the prices of toys have escalated quite a bit in the past couple of years, so as long as Boris can fulfill the need at a decent price, it's all good. It's good that Boris has come on here to explain things and to show some transparency, but I'm afraid he's going to have to do a lot of that. It's going to take a while to rebuild A3U.

I will go down to the Lougheed location to check out A3U's rental space in the next week or so. I am curious to see how things are run.

agesthreeandup
12-10-2009, 01:33 PM
I didn't always have a thing against him. There was a time I considered him a friend. I've known him since John's Collectibles and the Rupert store. I'm also an ex-A3U employee. Never did get my last pay check after the store went under. So he stole money from me and from close friends of mine. I know of despicable things he has done that the TF fandom is completely ignorant of. So I hope you'll understand that not only can I not shop with anyone that has that association with him, I simply cannot give my business to anyone that is operating in the same store as him.

Ouch, sorry to hear that. I was very careful before hiring any employees or going retail with this so that it won't happen with my crew.

Agreed... Not paying employees is not cool in any business.

Pascal
12-10-2009, 01:42 PM
When Quebec is going to get their new NHL team, are they going to call it the Nordiques again or some other fancy/trendy name? One could argue the Nordiques name could be associated with past mediocrity, but some could also associate it to great names like the Stastny bothers, Mats Sundin, Peter Forsberg, Joe Sakic... Either way, the new Nordiques will be a totally new team, just the current Ottawa Senators have nothing to do with the old Senators who won the Cup multiple times.

You make a call (the choice of a name), it makes some people happy and makes other unhappy. Same thing with old A3U vs new A3U.

jjwankenobi
12-10-2009, 02:06 PM
I can't believe Spencer has become such a pariah in this community that Boris had to add a small disclaimer.

Good luck A3U. Hopefully you can rise above the infamy of your namesake.

agesthreeandup
12-10-2009, 02:09 PM
When Quebec is going to get their new NHL team, are they going to call it the Nordiques again or some other fancy/trendy name? One could argue the Nordiques name could be associated with past mediocrity, but some could also associate it to great names like the Stastny bothers, Mats Sundin, Peter Forsberg, Joe Sakic... Either way, the new Nordiques will be a totally new team, just the current Ottawa Senators have nothing to do with the old Senators who won the Cup multiple times.

You make a call (the choice of a name), it makes some people happy and makes other unhappy. Same thing with old A3U vs new A3U.

Well said Pascal.

JLvatron
12-10-2009, 02:14 PM

Well said Pascal.

It's understood that there are marketting reasons to associate yourself with Spencer, through the A3U name.

...but PLEASE don't associate your store with the Nordiques!!!! :(
That would be business-cide! :D

agesthreeandup
12-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Personally, I too believe Boris should have taken a new name, but I can understand why he chose to keep the name. I loved going to the old A3U store. I have fond memories of picking up TFs or grabbing the latest Revoltech figure, etc. It seems there are people here that have already condemned Boris through guilt by association. And that's fine, it's not right, but they're entitled to that belief. After all, the A3U issue was and still is quite a sore spot for many consumers.

At the end of the day, money talks, bullshit walks. If Boris can provide good service, at fair prices, he should be fine. We all know the prices of toys have escalated quite a bit in the past couple of years, so as long as Boris can fulfill the need at a decent price, it's all good. It's good that Boris has come on here to explain things and to show some transparency, but I'm afraid he's going to have to do a lot of that. It's going to take a while to rebuild A3U.

I will go down to the Lougheed location to check out A3U's rental space in the next week or so. I am curious to see how things are run.

Well said. I'm typically at the store evening and weekends. My Associate Brooke takes the day shift. Always nice to have people from the community visit.

Darth Wave
12-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Well I was one of the many happy customers back in the early days of A3U... till things started to go south. I saw a few friends get screwed over and that pissed me off. In a way it was a blessing because it made me to look else where for my TF fix... thus Cybertron.ca was found on the web.

I always believe in second chances... so I will go check out the store and if all goes well may return.

Boris good luck w/ your new/old advanture here with A3U and I do hope you turn the name around and open up your own store front.

agesthreeandup
12-10-2009, 02:44 PM
It's understood that there are marketting reasons to associate yourself with Spencer, through the A3U name.

...but PLEASE don't associate your store with the Nordiques!!!! :(
That would be business-cide! :D

HA! Maybe when they do a Transformers / NHL crossover. I'd like to see Mat Sundin transform into a zamboni.

Goaliebot
12-10-2009, 02:49 PM
In Kelly's defence, she felt she needed the 'Super' title to be taken seriously.

Ha! Kelly Hrudy is a man, man. Former L.A. Kings goalie, now a commenter on CBC Hockey Night in Canada. My wife calls him "smilin' noddin' Kurt Russell" whenever he's on screen.

Hrudy was a fine netminder, but he had the worst glove hand ready position ever - like a crossing guard holding up a stop sign.

Plus he really stoned my Leafs one playoffs.

Carry on. :o

jourdo
12-10-2009, 02:53 PM
I wish you the best of luck, as you've got a major uphill battle in front of you.

As with everything, time will tell how the new A3U turns out... but anything that brings another retailer to Canadians is a good thing.

Vangelus
12-10-2009, 06:36 PM
I really hope this works out, because I am always behind more BC-based sellers. ;) Hopefully I can stop by your rented space the next time I'm on the mainland.

JLvatron
12-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Ha! Kelly Hrudy is a man, man. Former L.A. Kings goalie, now a commenter on CBC Hockey Night in Canada.
TeeHee-ous!! :D:D

C_Shewins
12-10-2009, 09:25 PM

That's exactly my thought, u got that right. Don't tell me people deserve chances, we had gave him enough chances. I wonder if anyone is stupid enough to get fool by them again. After all, some of the money is going to get into that scammer(Spencer)'s pocket...like who would want to make him some money?

CobraCommander
12-10-2009, 10:13 PM

My votes for the "NordEastiques" or "Not Nordiques" :D

JLvatron
12-10-2009, 11:08 PM
That's exactly my thought, u got that right. Don't tell me people deserve chances, we had gave him enough chances. I wonder if anyone is stupid enough to get fool by them again. After all, some of the money is going to get into that scammer(Spencer)'s pocket...like who would want to make him some money?

All joking aside, what did Spencer do that was so bad? I've only bought stuff at TFcon from him and his prices were great and he was nice.

What was so bad about his store?

cheetorBWORG
12-11-2009, 12:58 AM
Either way, the new Nordiques will be a totally new team, just the current Ottawa Senators have nothing to do with the old Senators who won the Cup multiple times.

LOW BLOW.

Boris (I hope this is right...)... I have a limited amount of knowledge about the incident from last year, seeing as I entered the fandom in the third trimester of last year.

But it won't stop me from checking out your site. Benefit of the doubt is needed here, and I'll gladly give it to you. Actually, if I ever have a hankering to buy transformers in the future, I hope I can get some stuff from you for cheap and for quick, since I live in Alberta.

Good luck, kind sir.

Pascal
12-11-2009, 01:04 AM
My votes for the "NordEastiques" or "Not Nordiques" :D

LOL! And player #19 would have "NOT SAKIC" on the back of his jersey. :p

Pascal
12-11-2009, 01:06 AM
I really hope this works out, because I am always behind more BC-based sellers. ;) Hopefully I can stop by your rented space the next time I'm on the mainland.

Solution: Automaton Toys West. :)

Darth Wave
12-11-2009, 03:07 AM
So here's my review of the store (UrbanS)... not bad! A good selection of TF's, army stuff etc, but the thing that made the whole experence sour was seeing Spencer sitting right there in the front counter. I didn't even bother to take a closer look at things and just walked out. Sorry to say but there is no way in hell I'm ever walking into that store again... as long as Spencer is in there!

Boris my plee to you is get out of there and open your own store front. Only then will I be willing to give you a chance!

C_Shewins
12-11-2009, 03:32 AM
Me and my friends just went by Lougheed after dinner tonight passing by Urbans, saw Spencer sitting right there. I am sure he is one of the owner no matter what he says here now, it is like his whole family is there in the store sitting at the counter, lmao

Just telling you guys, he is a liar, u buy from A3U, meanings u r buying from the scammer, Spencer.

Sun Swipe Prime
12-11-2009, 07:42 AM
Just out of curiosity, for those in Vancouver and even out of town, has anyone tried legal action against this Spencer. Get everyone who's been wronged together and sue him. Obviously you know where to find him and present him with a subpoena.

I've never had any dealings with A3U except buying one or two things from their store front when it was at metrotown and all this kafuffle is new to me. From the posts, obviously there are strong feelings about things and people are entitled to them. I'd probably feel the same way if I got screwed like that too. But it seems like Boris is now having to take the brunt of negativity that should rightfully be directed at this Spencer person. I won't get into who owns what and who exists or not debate, but here's something to think about, if there was some sort of trick being played on the TF community here, wouldn't it have been easier just to start with a new name instead of dealing with this fallout? That's what a good con man would do instead of trying to rebuild a tainted name. I've no stake in things here other than hopefully another source for transfromers. Just some food for thought.

dees
12-11-2009, 10:34 AM
I wonder if there's other toy forums out there bitching about Spencer too.

Pascal
12-11-2009, 12:37 PM
I wonder if there's other toy forums out there bitching about Spencer too.

kellyhrudey.com

:p

Other than a handful of employees, who didn't get their money back from Spencer? I thought all customers ended up getting their refund later than sooner?

JLvatron
12-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Coming soon: suddenly too many to list. Ouch!

From A3U ? :rolleyes:

Pascal
12-11-2009, 03:02 PM
From A3U ? :rolleyes:

Not a chance. In Canada, it's Automaton or nothing. Or cybertron.ca boardies. :)

miasboytoy
12-11-2009, 03:09 PM
well there's always jays clocks in surrey. thats a really good option! i dont think anyone can beat his prices, but the drive is usually the only thing bad about it.

Pascal
12-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Been once to Jay's Clocks when I went back to BC in 2007 (because you recommended it!). I think that's where I got my Frenzy & Rumble headphones. Nice little store, but it sure was a long drive!

pud333
12-11-2009, 05:48 PM
For those that believe that Boris is just a front for Spencer, I'm curious: Don't you think it would be easier for Spencer, if he did want to rip people off some more, to put "Boris" in charge of a new online store with a new name, as opposed to reviving A3U? After all that baggage, do you really think Spencer would bring back A3U? Doesn't make any sense. If I were looking to rip people off, I wouldn't revive a brand like A3U again. People would see it coming a mile away. I'm not looking to flame anyone here, I'm just wondering if hatred towards Spencer and A3U is preventing people from thinking rationally?

Doctor Kibble
12-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Misguided pride, perhaps?

MasterOfPuppets
12-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Other than a handful of employees, who didn't get their money back from Spencer? I thought all customers ended up getting their refund later than sooner?
So... what, the employees suddenly don't matter? As long as the customers all get their money back everything is good? Seriously, this attitude pisses me off. What about the distributors? Business partners? Do TF fans not care who their money is going to as long as they get their toys at the cheapest price? What a disgusting attitude.

Robimus
12-11-2009, 11:37 PM
So... what, the employees suddenly don't matter? As long as the customers all get their money back everything is good? Seriously, this attitude pisses me off. What about the distributors? Business partners? Do TF fans not care who their money is going to as long as they get their toys at the cheapest price? What a disgusting attitude.

I think its worth pointing out as based on these threads and several of the extremely upset folks posting within them I assumed that Spencer had not given refunds to his customers.

Pascal never said everything was alright, you implied that was what he was saying.

I'm interested in hearing both sides of the story to get as accurate a feel for the situation as I can, so if the old A3U did get refunds to all of its customers that is a relevant bit of info.

The mere fact that Transformers(and toy lines in general) are constructed by underpaid workers(very likely almost slaves) in China, Malaysia, and goodness knows where else means we as collectors should be careful which high horse we climb upon.;)

JLvatron
12-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Very well said, Rob. 8)

Pascal
12-12-2009, 01:32 AM
So... what, the employees suddenly don't matter?

When did I say that? Never.

Pascal
12-12-2009, 01:42 AM
I think its worth pointing out as based on these threads and several of the extremely upset folks posting within them I assumed that Spencer had not given refunds to his customers.

Here's what I think:

1. Employees didn't get their last paycheck.
2. Some customers did get a refund (I've read about them).
3. Some customers did not get a refund (I've read about them, but that was well before A3U v1.0's story ended, so it's unclear if they eventually got a refund or not).
4. Some boardies who never had any money owed from A3U jumped in the hate bandwagon because it seemed like the right thing to do regardless of what was the real situation.
5. Some boardies who never had any money owed from A3U just don't care.

MasterOfPuppets
12-12-2009, 05:34 AM
When did I say that? Never.
Your post came across a bit that way to me and I made an assumption. Jumped the gun a bit, my bad.

There are also distributors he owes thousands to and business partners that he ripped off and owes thousands to. He took full pre-order payments upfront, squandered the money and when it came time to pay up he had no money so there were huge delays with product and instead of admitting his own fuck-ups he claimed his Japanese distributors were ripping him off. There was also that ridiculous 15% restocking fee for an item that wasn't even there yet. And he didn't choose to end A3U, he had no choice. He had no money, the reputation of his online store was in the dirt and the mall had basically kicked him out.

I can forget the lost pay check; it's despicable but it's nothing compared to the thousands that he owes a good friend of mine and other awful things he has done that aren't even related to business. But the fact that he can just open up another toy store when he can't even pay these people back is just sickening. I also thought he had "lost interest" in the hobby. Guess not.

People can think I'm making all this up because I hold some sort of grudge or whatever. But I'm not. I'm speaking nothing but the truth. You'll just have to take my word for it the same way you'll have to take Boris' word that Spencer isn't running the new A3U behind the scenes. I speak the truth because I don't want to see people fueling his business because he'll just end up ripping someone else off in the end. I'm not telling anyone not to buy from Boris, that's their choice to make. I'm just saying that I will not shop with the new A3U as long as they operate within the same store as Spencer and continue to be associated with him.

StarwarsTF
12-12-2009, 09:51 AM
So just a side note Boris created the website and domain name for Spencer. They've been working together from the day him and Spencer hooked up to make A3U. Boris has been a member of A3U as long as Spencer has.

You know the internet is a great tool you get to find out all neat stuff on small businesses and who's in charge of them! The sightings of Spencer just show that nothing has changed congrats on all the BC people cheers to all of you. :)

Pascal
12-12-2009, 10:06 AM
So just a side note Boris created the website and domain name for Spencer. They've been working together from the day him and Spencer hooked up to make A3U. Boris has been a member of A3U as long as Spencer has.

The website came well after the physical store opened as far as I know. Was Boris around when the store on Rupert first opened?

Protoman
12-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Wish them the best of luck, the original had great prices.

Aernaroth
12-12-2009, 01:59 PM

You know the internet is a great tool you get to find out all neat stuff on small businesses and who's in charge of them! The sightings of Spencer just show that nothing has changed congrats on all the BC people cheers to all of you. :)

Care to cite your sources?

C_Shewins
12-12-2009, 02:30 PM
The thing is Spencer never learn, he doesn't know how to run a business. How long can a business last with him selling things that has low profit and along with his bad attitude/customer service? still remember he opened an account with the name"UpYourAstrotrain " in this forum, lol. That is his true face people. That guy is a fake. He never appreciate any of his supporters or customers.

Not to be personal and I am just telling the truth, but he has been a loser all along his whole life running business with no knowledge. He just keep on closing down and start over again. Many people has fallan into his traps and got scammed, his partners, customers and even employees now that I found out.

But wake up people, this is not Boris' store, but Spencers. Not to get too complicated, just don't support this store. I feel sorry for his new partners, but too bad. Now, he is just using his partners in the store to cover himself up. U will bump into Spencer's ugly face like I did or some people did if you are bad luck enough.

pud333
12-12-2009, 02:50 PM
well there's always jays clocks in surrey. thats a really good option! i dont think anyone can beat his prices, but the drive is usually the only thing bad about it.

His location is probably helping his prices. I bet it's much cheaper out there than it is having a store in Vancouver or something. I've never been there though because of the drive. Always wanted to...

The mere fact that Transformers(and toy lines in general) are constructed by underpaid workers(very likely almost slaves) in China, Malaysia, and goodness knows where else means we as collectors should be careful which high horse we climb upon.;)

Very well said. Whatever brain pills you're taking, you should pass them on to others. :p

C_Shewins
12-12-2009, 03:44 PM
For those that believe that Boris is just a front for Spencer, I'm curious: Don't you think it would be easier for Spencer, if he did want to rip people off some more, to put "Boris" in charge of a new online store with a new name, as opposed to reviving A3U? After all that baggage, do you really think Spencer would bring back A3U? Doesn't make any sense. If I were looking to rip people off, I wouldn't revive a brand like A3U again. People would see it coming a mile away. I'm not looking to flame anyone here, I'm just wondering if hatred towards Spencer and A3U is preventing people from thinking rationally?
Do u know it isn't cheap to make a website with a new domain name? I guess he is just trying to make it cheap and easy. Don't bother with spending more money for his scams, instead of changing the ownership to his partner that's all.

Dinoboob
12-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Do u know it isn't cheap to make a website with a new domain name? I guess he is just trying to make it cheap and easy. Don't bother with spending more money for his scams, instead of changing the ownership to his partner that's all.

Wow, feel the hate comming from this guy. What did he do to you? Sleep with your sister or something? Phew.

This thread is getting insane with speculation and stupidness. Some resposes are well thought out and other are down right stupid. Just to prove a point here:
Domain name - $10 from go daddy
Domain Space - $10 to $20 a month depending on size
Zen cart/drupal, OS Shopping Cart and more - free open source product.

C. Shewins, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about and just spewing nonsence. It is very cheap to have a site now a days and even more so if you don't actually register with the provience you are in as a business. Anyone can do it with a little resources and a touch of brains.

Lots of personal attacks in this thread. Wonder how much of it is fact and how much fiction. Anyone even bother to ask Spencer himself? Seems to me he is quite available if everyone is seeing him in the store.

Good luck to you Boris. Seems like an uphill battle but I can understand your reasons.

C_Shewins
12-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Wow, feel the hate comming from this guy. What did he do to you? Sleep with your sister or something? Phew.

This thread is getting insane with speculation and stupidness. Some resposes are well thought out and other are down right stupid. Just to prove a point here:
Domain name - $10 from go daddy
Domain Space - $10 to $20 a month depending on size
Zen cart/drupal, OS Shopping Cart and more - free open source product.

C. Shewins, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about and just spewing nonsence. It is very cheap to have a site now a days and even more so if you don't actually register with the provience you are in as a business. Anyone can do it with a little resources and a touch of brains.

Lots of personal attacks in this thread. Wonder how much of it is fact and how much fiction. Anyone even bother to ask Spencer himself? Seems to me he is quite available if everyone is seeing him in the store.

Good luck to you Boris. Seems like an uphill battle but I can understand your reasons. Do u know how much it costs to get someone to design your website? This guy could be another Spencer, lol

Dinoboob
12-12-2009, 04:19 PM

Just to make sure I understand what you are sayig is that Boris created agesthreeandup.com in 2003, which acording to the way back machine, that is when the site first showed up on line. He just showed his face now? I too would like to know where you got this info.

Dinoboob
12-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Do u know how much it costs to get someone to design your website? This guy could be another Spencer, lol

It is quite simple to modify the CSS of open source. I know people who will design and apply a skin to open source for $500 to $1000 depending on the complexity of the design. Chicken scratch when it comes to on line sales.

CobraCommander
12-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Do u know how much it costs to get someone to design your website? This guy could be another Spencer, lol

The cost of designing a website and the cost of the domain name are independent. Even if Boris used a new name he would still have to design a new website, or at least parts of a new website, such as; changing the title, faqs, items for sale, etc. That said the underlying infrastructure could potentially remain the same, such as; the shopping cart and payment mechanism. But the fact that he is using the old domain name makes me wonder why bother redesigning the site at all? He should just remove the Spencer toon, update inventory/prices and FAQs and keep the rest intact. That is assuming Boris indeed sees value in the name "Ages 3 and Up"?

Here's a question for anyone in the area, does the space that Boris is renting from Urban Samurai contain the same items as sold in Urban Samurai, but with different prices than those of Urban Samurai :confused:

pud333
12-12-2009, 04:55 PM

It's pretty cheap to have a website. A couple years ago I had my own website for my writing that I published. It wasn't a blog or anything, but a real website I had a buddy of mine design. The only thing I paid for was the domain name and space which basically was super cheap.

I understand you were wronged by Spencer, but it still feels like a witch hunt to me. Like I said before, only money talks and how Boris runs his business over the next little while will dictate the new A3U's reputation.

Sureshot22
12-12-2009, 05:58 PM

Thats saying that Spencer would be smart enough to think of that. and we all know thats not the case.

most of the people here wouldn't walk across the street to piss on Spencer if he was on fire.

pud333
12-12-2009, 06:47 PM
most of the people here wouldn't walk across the street to piss on Spencer if he was on fire.

All all the comments regarding A3U, this one probably rings truest.

StarwarsTF
12-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Sorry guys im not doing every bodies homework here! You want sources check the internet.

Secondly I know how hard it is too run a small business I wish nothing but success for all who try, but for a business with the name A3U attached to it it's going to be harder.

Thirdly Dinoboob your name says it all! :p Yes I know how much it costs for a website here check it out let me know what you think http://www.loosenoose.ca (http://www.loosenoose.ca/) we just came in third place for a local film festival :) I'm very proud and there's more to come!

C.Shewins another great person from Vanacouver who sees this scam first hand!! In the end I dont want more people hurt from this guy or his team of merry men. I shop at kooltoyz, automation toys, Jays clock (now) ;) , big box stores and whoever else is a sponsor here. Now if anybody wants to know how the international Mortorcycle show went today I'd be glad to tell you! All I got to say is I still love my Kawi and im not going to ever give her up LOL.

Sun Swipe Prime
12-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Sorry guys im not doing every bodies homework here! You want sources check the internet.

Sorry. I'm not sure I'm understanding this. If you really want to warn people off from being potentially scammed, what's so hard about point out your sources? You don't have to give the exact link, but you can at least give the site where you found it or even the general search you used. Wouldn't this help others in the future? Otherwise, it's all wild unsuppported accusations. Is there some secret Stonecutter handshake I need?

I posed this question earlier. I Spencer owes you money, and you know where to find him, can't you all get to gether and sue him? I don't know crap about law but, if it's thousands of dollars, can't you just off all the proceeds of the suite to a laywer? You may not get anything back but at least Spencer wouldn't get anything either.

miasboytoy
12-12-2009, 08:27 PM
I called the City of Burnaby and checked and Ages And Urban Samurai. You don't have to believe me, just call 604-294-7320 and ask. It's public information to find out who owns a store.

i got the quote from here
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19419&highlight=boris&page=3

has anyone verified this. they are closed for the weekend. so until monday i guess we wont find out if the information has been updated yet. i cut out all the other info of the quote as it was irrelevant. just thought this may answer some questions for most of you guys.

this link is also interesting. check it out.
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18988&highlight=boris&page=3

Dinoboob
12-12-2009, 08:56 PM
this link is also interesting. check it out.
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18988&highlight=boris&page=3

The Whois does show that Boris is the current owner and administrator of agesthreeandup.com. It was created in may of 2003 which is confirmed by the way back machine but the whois info was changed in July of 2009. I would assume that Boris changed all the old info when he took control over all the agesthreeandup name, as he did with the agesthreeandup screen name used on this site.

agesthreeandup
12-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Me and my friends just went by Lougheed after dinner tonight passing by Urbans, saw Spencer sitting right there. I am sure he is one of the owner no matter what he says here now, it is like his whole family is there in the store sitting at the counter, lmao

Just telling you guys, he is a liar, u buy from A3U, meanings u r buying from the scammer, Spencer.

Wow... sorry haven't been on in the past couple days. Been super busy at the store. Also got some great shipments in.

C Shewins, don't know who you are, never met you, don't know anything about you... so doubt you know much about me or my operations.

Sorry, just pointing out fact. You don't have to believe me that a3u was paid for and ran by me in the past year.

But if you have a reputation for giving credible info on this site... you should stop this line of thinking. It's very inaccurate. And in time, I guarantee you it will come out that I was being honest all along.

The hate thing, you're entitled to that, can't really argue since I don't know what happened with you. But I would never assume what happened in your situation. So pretty bad to do that here to me.

Boris

agesthreeandup
12-12-2009, 09:39 PM

This is pretty much what I thought the community would have come up with. But the more and more I read the hugely negative posts... I see that it is an employee related thing. Which preceded my ownership of the online stuff.

Infact... I didn't even take over the retail location. I believe someone from Spencer's own camp took it over (straight up hearing through the grapevine, maybe different story now).

So in some weird way, I guess they got whatever justice they thought they should have.

Boris

agesthreeandup
12-12-2009, 09:48 PM

Yikes... this one is a lie :S

Sorry man... don't know who gave you your sources. But bad info.

Boris

cheetorBWORG
12-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Wow, nice turn around, Boris.

But yeah, there is A LOT of crazy hate in this thread from you 2 guys, MasterofPuppets and C Shewins.

Both of you have said your piece on the matter. MOVE ON. It's getting hard for someone to speak out facts when 2 people with Bullhorns are polluting the air with noise.

I know someone will points out "Facts!? You don't know who's behind that A3U username!" But really... Isn't the thing that happened to Spencer a one time affair? Someone said that he was a repeated failure, which I don't THINK it's true...

Whatever man. Give the benefit of the doubt. We're only human. Money is metal and paper. Don't let it control you.

agesthreeandup
12-12-2009, 09:52 PM
The website came well after the physical store opened as far as I know. Was Boris around when the store on Rupert first opened?

Nope, I was traveling in Europe. I did purchase a couple of things from the rupert location though. That's how I know they were around for a while before they moved.

agesthreeandup
12-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Wish them the best of luck, the original had great prices.

Totally. I'm definitely trying to make my prices reasonable for everyone and trying my best to meet a lot of the standard pricing. Which I have.

But you know, some things I still had a little learning curve so some items turned up more expensive than originally estimated for my initial shipments.

But getting much better now.

venksta
12-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Well, I think its good there is another new option for local collectors. I think the best part is that it will help with the competition and keep prices good among the different stores, like when the old A3U was around.

I use to shop at the old A3U, from when it branched out of John's Collectible to the first location at Metrotown.

From seeing what collectors have to say here, and those I've talked to locally, that don't post, the general consensus seems to be trust issues. Basically, there were a lot things said by Spencer before the old A3U went under, and they didn't add up, or it was found Spencer wasn't telling the truth. Since Spencer was mentioned in the original post by Boris, it makes it even harder for a lot of people to try and give this new A3U a chance. I think distancing yourself from Spencer will help a lot, as many of collectors who do have issues, have it with Spencer. And as long as the new A3U is anywhere near, or close to be associated with him, it will not help you at all.

I hope you are able to distance yourself, and become a good resource for collectors to be able to buy cool TF products. :)

agesthreeandup
12-12-2009, 10:13 PM
But wake up people, this is not Boris' store, but Spencers. Not to get too complicated, just don't support this store. I feel sorry for his new partners, but too bad. Now, he is just using his partners in the store to cover himself up. U will bump into Spencer's ugly face like I did or some people did if you are bad luck enough.

You'd been better off saying just "don't support this store"... cause now your intentions don't feel like it's trying to find the truth anymore.

Everyone is titled to their own opinions and I have no problems with you saying out right you hate the name, or don't shop there, but you really should not give people on these forums bad info.

They come here to get accurate information as far as I remember. I've been transparent. I see that someone has even posted my personal business information in lengths to find the truth.

So, you know, getting kinda creepy now. I'm not lying. I feel like I just disappointed those who really wanted their theories to be right about a3u's new ownership.

agesthreeandup
12-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Well, I think its good there is another new option for local collectors. I think the best part is that it will help with the competition and keep prices good among the different stores, like when the old A3U was around.

I use to shop at the old A3U, from when it branched out of John's Collectible to the first location at Metrotown.

From seeing what collectors have to say here, and those I've talked to locally, that don't post, the general consensus seems to be trust issues. Basically, there were a lot things said by Spencer before the old A3U went under, and they didn't add up, or it was found Spencer wasn't telling the truth. Since Spencer was mentioned in the original post by Boris, it makes it even harder for a lot of people to try and give this new A3U a chance. I think distancing yourself from Spencer will help a lot, as many of collectors who do have issues, have it with Spencer. And as long as the new A3U is anywhere near, or close to be associated with him, it will not help you at all.

I hope you are able to distance yourself, and become a good resource for collectors to be able to buy cool TF products. :)

Ya, totally... thanks for seeing the meat of the whole thing. Which is, I'm just trying to bring more product available to bc. I know I was frustrated for a while finding things. Ages was all I knew as a consumer here locally. Wasn't so active in the forums. In retrospect wish I was more here on the forums before... everyone here provides so much good info on tf stuff.

I wanted to not mention Spencer's name in the release... but you know, then I'd be lying for real to everyone. And I knew the backlash... but I kinda just wanted to be honest about the whole situation. Kinda a first step to really earning my keep. I'm not out for people's money, so I'd rather have no customers than customers built on false conceptions.

If negative energy is what's been associated with ages... no better time to change it than start now. And although being honest may not win me friends and also have people question why bother with the ages name, but it doesn't scare me, cause I really have been working hard to earn my customers anyway.

I know I'll get questioned time and time again why I kept the name, but I really have to say as a customer, Spencer always helped me out and treated me good. And although I haven't really known Spencer for very long... I really don't see the nasty things people say they see.

And honestly, I probably won't be moving out of here anytime soon, even if it means hell from the forum world, because we're treated right here, the urban samurai staff are all helpful to our customers as well. And if I paid more rent for my own store... I wouldn't be able to supply any transformers to anyone cause I'd be outta business.

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback that you've been giving though... I like how you are not making assumptions, just asking the pertinent questions.

Aernaroth
12-12-2009, 11:26 PM
StarwarsTF, if you're so certain that you've got undeniable proof that this is a grand conspiracy, then by all means show it to the rest of us. If your goals are to spare your fellow fans from getting scammed, rather than just trying to attack someone's reputation because of something someone entirely different did in the past, then you should be happy to post a couple links or screenshots exposing the whole thing rather than just telling people to "do their own homework".

As for myself, I'm giving Boris a chance until I see hard evidence to convince me otherwise. He's been open about his situation and his motives, far more than he really needed to, given the amount of crap he's had to put up with in this thread. I honestly hope he can repair his store's reputation and create a business that we can all be proud to shop at.

Also, Boris, I have a question about the Kabaya Gashapon TF preorder on your site, since sadly, there isn't much info on it. Is this for a case? How many are in a case? Do you have any idea when you'll be receiving them or shipping them out?

Pascal
12-13-2009, 12:14 AM
It is very cheap to have a site now a days and even more so if you don't actually register with the provience you are in as a business. Anyone can do it with a little resources and a touch of brains.

Yeah, I have my own. Total cost: about $250 for 3 years I think. That's nothing.

EDIT: And somehow, some people here seem to think/believe/assume I'm an "A3U lover" and that I'm the only person on Earth to support that store. I'll set the record straight one last time: I don't care AT ALL for A3U, old or new. I've just relayed what little info I had on my end and I try to see both sides of the story instead of blindly jumping on the hate bandwagon without really knowing all that is going on.

I've bought only once from the original online store (as stated in a previous post that some people seemed to have ignored), pretty much had to harrass Spencer on MSN for a prize (Roadbot) I won from his store (actually, I almost got forced to make a purchase to give him a reason to ship my prize), I've never bought anything from the new online store and don't ever plan to as Automaton can get me anything I need with the best customer service I've ever encountered on this planet.

God, this place can sure be exhausting at times... All this over retarded Transformers. Gee.

agesthreeandup
12-13-2009, 01:09 AM
Also, Boris, I have a question about the Kabaya Gashapon TF preorder on your site, since sadly, there isn't much info on it. Is this for a case? How many are in a case? Do you have any idea when you'll be receiving them or shipping them out?

Hi, Sorry about that, we were actually updating our site and somehow put that listing live. We actually weren't sure if we were gonna get it, but I'm talking to a supplier now that can get it to us.

The price is actually 44.99 cad per case and it's 8 per case. We've updated the info as we've just received that. Should be shipping end of December.

King Benny
12-13-2009, 02:57 AM
Hi there. First post and a newbie to collecting G1 transformers. :)

I have such fond memories of G1 transformers... some of the best times of my childhood revolved around excitement I got out of the original cartoon. As I got older, I never thought of collecting anything. I'm not sure why.

Anyway, I was shopping in the Lougheed Mall last week and passed by Urban Samurai. In the display case a Revoltech Starscream caught my eye. My favourite transformer and damn, it looked awesome. From there I discovered the Henkei line which I fell in love with.

Since that day, I've been back there 4 more times and have purchased a lot of transformers. 12 of the 16 transformers I have bought in the last week have come from A3U via the Urban Samurai store location.

When I stumbled on to this site, I was quite surprised to see this thread. I think I might have seen this Spencer guy at the store, but I cannot say for sure as I do not know what the guy looks like.

What I can say is that I have met Boris a couple times now and have also met his sales associate Brooke. Both of them have been very helpful and professional to deal with. Every visit has been a good one due to the friendly staff. A3U will be receiving my business/support in the future.

I am not here to try and sway anyone. I cannot comment on A3U's history with the online store. I just wanted to share my personal experience. For those who are local but have their doubts, I would recommend stopping by Urban Samurai and meeting Boris. I believe he is being sincere in his intentions.

Ben

C_Shewins
12-13-2009, 04:00 AM
Wow... sorry haven't been on in the past couple days. Been super busy at the store. Also got some great shipments in.

C Shewins, don't know who you are, never met you, don't know anything about you... so doubt you know much about me or my operations.

Sorry, just pointing out fact. You don't have to believe me that a3u was paid for and ran by me in the past year.

But if you have a reputation for giving credible info on this site... you should stop this line of thinking. It's very inaccurate. And in time, I guarantee you it will come out that I was being honest all along.

The hate thing, you're entitled to that, can't really argue since I don't know what happened with you. But I would never assume what happened in your situation. So pretty bad to do that here to me.

Boris
I am not going to post anymore, i keep on getting waring, so it' s fine I don't think i am allow to tell the truth, maybe this is my last time of my posting about A3U. But surely, people in BC, check the store carely, u will find evidence i mentioned from the store. U will find Spencer is one of the owner. I hoped i have helped people who has potentially get scammed. That's all.

agesthreeandup
12-13-2009, 05:39 AM
I am not going to post anymore, i keep on getting waring, so it' s fine I don't think i am allow to tell the truth.

I think that's the problem... what you are telling is not the truth cause you got the wrong info. You're allowed to say whatever you want.

I hoped i have helped people who has potentially get scammed. That's all

You haven't helped, cause I've never scammed anybody.

Boris

darthrage
12-13-2009, 07:33 AM
I hoped i have helped people who has potentially get scammed. That's all.

So what exactly are you trying to say???

That if you walk in, pick out the item you want, bring it to the counter, whoever is working is going to steal your money right in front of you? Or a scam artist is going to try to physically "scam" you? What the hell does that even mean??

Make a little more sense before you decide to say that people can get potentially scammed at a new physical storefront because as far as I can tell, its business as usual. You see something you like, you pay for it, you go home happy.

And the haters here are nothing but people who are so bent on their own theories that they made up that they haven't even bothered or will not bother to go straight to the source to figure things out for themselves because they believe their accusations SO MUCH that they're actually afraid of being wrong of the actual truth.

Haters will be haters. Say your piece and be gone because you're way too caught up in this drama for your own good. I find it so disturbing and a little bit amusing when there are guys out there that say that they're doing research and covert ops and hacking into the mainframe database just to uncover info about the truth..........get a freaking life. They're just Transformers.

You don't like to shop there? Move on. I had a problem with another retailer, I made my comments and I moved on. Hating something forever is unhealthy and you should ask yourself how meaningless is your life that you gotta create drama in other people's lives to make yourself actually feel like you're a part of something?

It's just a toy store.

Badgertron
12-13-2009, 08:08 AM
Wow, I don't think I've seen this much bile being spewn since...oh wait, it was almost exactly the same topic, only a year ago! I guess we can't blame it on the crummy Vancouver weather, could we? :)

There really has been a lot of hearsay going on about A3U and Spencer in the past while. While there may have been a few problems with the online store, he ran a pretty good physical location, and went out of his way to do some things for the local community that no other local dealer has done, such as hosting Parts Nights in-store, actually going to Botcon to get exclusives for people, making a "loose" display case for fans looking for deals, and generally taking the time to keep up-to-date with what's going on in the collecting world.

Having known the guy for the better part of a decade, I can say that, like anyone, he has his faults, and has made some questionable decisions in the past. A lot of people I talk to seem to accept as fact a lot of rumors & hearsay about the whole ordeal. There are things being said about this guy (even above and beyond what's been said here) that would make most people cringe, and it's unfortunate that a lot more of that kind of thing has been spread around than actual interactions, both on and offline.

Just a theoretical, here: Might it be possible that, due to his reputation, he got jerked around on at least one occasion, either by suppliers, partners or employees, because they knew that he would get stuck with the blame?

Boris: I've only briefly stopped by Urban Samurai once, but now that I know you're there, I look forward to going back and meeting you in person. :) I can appreciate your situation. Have you gotten any difficulty from Japanese suppliers due to the A3U name? I know the value of "face" in that culture, and if they have been burned in the past it may be a concern. I hope that your A3U doesn't prove to be more trouble than it's worth.

-BT

agesthreeandup
12-13-2009, 01:59 PM
It's just a toy store.

Exactly :) No need for drama.

Quantum
12-13-2009, 05:01 PM
All i gotta say is: Boris, good luck with the store. Congrats on becoming a bigger part of the community, and kudos for trying to prove that you are just here to get stuff available for the fans.

To all who have a beef with Spencer: that sucks. I like Spence; I consider him a friend. He tried really hard, and I won't take anyone else's experience away from them or diminish it, but frankly, there isn't a single business in the world who doesn't have some angry customers due to any number of unfortunate situations.

It sucks.

But honestly, get over all the conspiracy crap.

You have a beef with Spence, take it up with Spence. You got a beef with Spence, you have no right to take it out on Boris. That's like having a bad experience with someone named Mike then not trusting anyone named Mike or who has anything to do with Mike, and openly warning people about Mike (who wasn't even the Mike from the original bad experience). Sheesh. Doesn't make sense.

Boris has obviously tried very hard to show that he is starting fresh with an already used name. Let's all just move forward and keep enjoying our nerdy little hobby. It's about fun, not trash-talking people who don't deserve it and obviously love the same awesome stuff that we all do.

Can't we all just get along?! :D

tkim87
12-13-2009, 06:29 PM
i work inside lougheed mall so i regularly goto Urban Samurai for tamiya paints and also just to have a look at new items when i get a chance, and i have no bad things to say about them. I usually see brook or spence when im there but i've also seen several others at later hours (assuming Boris and his employees) and they've always been friendly. always felt welcomed even if i was there with no intensions of buying anything (which usually is the case..:P), and that is good enough for me.

-that asian guy that left a nickle there on saturday.

Robimus
12-13-2009, 08:38 PM
That's like having a bad experience with someone named Mike then not trusting anyone named Mike or who has anything to do with Mike, and openly warning people about Mike (who wasn't even the Mike from the original bad experience).

Oh man, don't even get me started about Mike and his friends...........

Quantum
12-13-2009, 09:25 PM

:D

CyberMnky
12-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Mike's an ass

Sun Swipe Prime
12-13-2009, 10:10 PM

MIKE! OOOO... that nasty, NASTY Mike. Do you know some call him Mikey, and I heard Mikey hates everything. But strangely, he likes Life cereal and Armada Hotshot. He swears its got the best articulation and gimick that's ever been....been... like ever. Saw Mikey punt a kid across the transformers aisle once and stuff a Gi-Joe up his nose while saying, "Kickin' yo' butt is the other half of the battle." I swear this is true. :P

Doctor Kibble
12-13-2009, 11:07 PM
LOL! I heard Mike steals from childrens charities...

pud333
12-14-2009, 02:29 AM

Sorry, but you can't come on here and make an accusation and not give sources. Well, I guess you actually can, but it does not give merit to anything you say.

Also: Mike's a repacker. Saw it with my own eyes. Just trust me. Total fucking repacker. :)

TFtoys
12-14-2009, 09:28 AM
You don't like to shop there? Move on. I had a problem with another retailer, I made my comments and I moved on. Hating something forever is unhealthy and you should ask yourself how meaningless is your life that you gotta create drama in other people's lives to make yourself actually feel like you're a part of something?

It's just a toy store.

Yeah. Don't let A3U takes us apart.:p. I thought we all are like brothers and sisters in the cybertron network...

I rather hate Walmart than a small toy store. Walmart as a mess retailer not supported to tell me the same voyager class has different "value" and attempt to persuade me not to price match...
Anyway.

Boris: I've only briefly stopped by Urban Samurai once, but now that I know you're there, I look forward to going back and meeting you in person. :) I can appreciate your situation. Have you gotten any difficulty from Japanese suppliers due to the A3U name? I know the value of "face" in that culture, and if they have been burned in the past it may be a concern. I hope that your A3U doesn't prove to be more trouble than it's worth.

-BT
You just gave me an idea. Keeping the A3U names could be a positive for the supplier relationship to work on the price budgeting. The longer the relationship, probably the easier, the quicker and cheaper to access to operate the store. If Boris tries to have himself a new name, the supplier won't be able to give him better deal or notify him any new products.
And by comparing the A3U website to the old one, it is similar TF lines that they can carry like last year. Henkei, e-hobby, and Trans-scanning. Just they don't seem to carry gundam and superrobot war model, which the metrotown comic store carries. And I guess the Metrotown comic store not able to get much Henkei line because A3U hold on to this supplier.
Bad reputation or not, A3U website is already a finished product that Boris can use directly and easier for him as a first time in the toy business.

I guest I have to start googling/wiki about Mike's history...

EDIT: And somehow, some people here seem to think/believe/assume I'm an "A3U lover" and that I'm the only person on Earth to support that store. ...
God, this place can sure be exhausting at times... All this over retarded Transformers. Gee.

Yeah, I totally heard you,Pascal. How can people treat my TF mentor this way ?:D
Pascal almost the first Canadian to get the first hand TF before retail in the past and wrote a desent toy reviews. How could he be a A3U lover if A3U has those TF available after the ebay appearance most of the time ?

Hi there. First post and a newbie to collecting G1 transformers. :)
...In the display case a Revoltech Starscream caught my eye. My favourite transformer and damn, it looked awesome. From there I discovered the Henkei line which I fell in love with.
Welcome board and that's why a physical store is so important for window shopping than an online one.
you could also find desent deal in the Crystal mall in Burnaby and several toy stores in the Richmond while they have those on sale. we have those sighting here. Hopefully you can maximize you excitment and TF experience by looking at different display from different stores.

JLvatron
12-14-2009, 11:22 AM

You find Transformers retarded? Well then, I'll be kind enough to relieve you of such a burden, feel free to give them all to me.

you're welcome. :cool:

Pascal
12-14-2009, 12:27 PM
You find Transformers retarded? Well then, I'll be kind enough to relieve you of such a burden, feel free to give them all to me.

you're welcome. :cool:

I think you know what I meant. It's supposed to be just a hobby to enjoy yet some people are taking Transformers so seriously... it's just too much.

Quantum
12-14-2009, 12:53 PM
It's supposed to be just a hobby to enjoy yet some people are taking Transformers so seriously... it's just too much.

Agreed.

As for "mike", just n case, is totally fictional. Any similarity to a real person is unintentional and purely coincidental. :D

Aernaroth
12-14-2009, 02:25 PM
But surely, people in BC, check the store carely, u will find evidence i mentioned from the store. U will find Spencer is one of the owner. I hoped i have helped people who has potentially get scammed. That's all.

For those of us with lesser detective skills, could you point out what specific evidence we should be looking for?

Agreed.

As for "mike", just n case, is totally fictional. Any similarity to a real person is unintentional and purely coincidental. :D

Mike is history's greatest monster.

Quantum
12-14-2009, 03:29 PM
For those of us with lesser detective skills, could you point out what specific evidence we should be looking for?

Mike is history's greatest monster.

That's what I think too. Says so on the Interweb.

Mumps
12-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Wow... some of you are blowing this WAY out of proportion... You people need to just calm down, and, oh... I dunno, not shop at A3U? It's a new owner, a new store, and an old name. Lets not run Boris out of town until he actually DOES scam somebody, ok?

If it turns out Boris is telling the complete truth... I think he deserves some slack, and a chance.

MasterOfPuppets
12-14-2009, 05:41 PM
This is an out right fabrication. I have a lot of reasons to despise Spencer but even I know this is complete bullshit. I knew Spencer for almost the entire run of A3U, I know his former business partners and I used to work for the guy and never did anyone named Boris ever come up. I find it hard to believe he could keep Boris under wraps for what, 5 years? Unlikely.

And C_Shewins, what exactly did he do to you? You harbor a lot of hate for Spencer, which I find very amusing, but I gotta wonder what he actually did to you.

A lot of you guys seem to be focusing your responses to people that seem to spouting complete nonsense, and I can see why, it's really easy. But did everyone just ignore my last post because it's the truth and no one can refute it?

Your post came across a bit that way to me and I made an assumption. Jumped the gun a bit, my bad.

There are also distributors he owes thousands to and business partners that he ripped off and owes thousands to. He took full pre-order payments upfront, squandered the money and when it came time to pay up he had no money so there were huge delays with product and instead of admitting his own fuck-ups he claimed his Japanese distributors were ripping him off. There was also that ridiculous 15% restocking fee for an item that wasn't even there yet. And he didn't choose to end A3U, he had no choice. He had no money, the reputation of his online store was in the dirt and the mall had basically kicked him out.

I can forget the lost pay check; it's despicable but it's nothing compared to the thousands that he owes a good friend of mine and other awful things he has done that aren't even related to business. But the fact that he can just open up another toy store when he can't even pay these people back is just sickening. I also thought he had "lost interest" in the hobby. Guess not.

People can think I'm making all this up because I hold some sort of grudge or whatever. But I'm not. I'm speaking nothing but the truth. You'll just have to take my word for it the same way you'll have to take Boris' word that Spencer isn't running the new A3U behind the scenes. I speak the truth because I don't want to see people fueling his business because he'll just end up ripping someone else off in the end. I'm not telling anyone not to buy from Boris, that's their choice to make. I'm just saying that I will not shop with the new A3U as long as they operate within the same store as Spencer and continue to be associated with him.
Oh and that Nordiques analogy from before is completely retarded. The truth is you could have changed the name to "Used Diaper and TF Store" and as long as you have the best prices for TFs and you can get the word out (which is very easy) the fans will flock to you. Not like Ages Three and Up was a very good name to begin with. I always got customers coming in asking "Where are the baby toys?" Very irritating.

JLvatron
12-14-2009, 06:44 PM
I think you know what I meant. It's supposed to be just a hobby to enjoy yet some people are taking Transformers so seriously... it's just too much.

I take Transformers very seriously and like to think of them as much more than just a hobby.

This thread's beef is with a former store's perceived practices and a new takeover-er's perceieved ties.

It's about perception of a business/person, not about Transformers at all.

Pascal
12-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Oh and that Nordiques analogy from before is completely retarded. The truth is you could have changed the name to "Used Diaper and TF Store" and as long as you have the best prices for TFs and you can get the word out (which is very easy) the fans will flock to you.

The retard would like to suggest you send an email to Mario from Automaton to see if it's as easy as you think to start a new store... A name can matter. If BBTS was to change hands, pretty sure the new owner would think about it twice before changing the name. Ok, A3U is no BBTS, but I think you get the point.

CyberMnky
12-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Out of curiousity, how many people keep checking this thread for ongoing amusement?

No offense to the people here taking things quite seriously, but as someone who has no experience with A3U either under Spencer or Boris - this is just a place providing free entertainment for me now.

pud333
12-14-2009, 10:22 PM
A lot of you guys seem to be focusing your responses to people that seem to spouting complete nonsense, and I can see why, it's really easy. But did everyone just ignore my last post because it's the truth and no one can refute it?

I don't think anyone is saying anything about your last post, because I don't think it's beyond reason to think that Spencer owes people money and has done bad things. But your post had nothing to do with Boris as far as I know. So I don't think anyone really had anything to add to it. I think most people here are willing to give Boris the benefit of the doubt that Spencer is not involved with the new A3U beyond working in a store that Boris has rented space from.

MacDougs
12-14-2009, 11:16 PM
First off... After having been to the store, that's a lot of "rented space". As far as I can tell, the majority of the product in "Urban Samurai" belongs to A3U. Why would you open a store when most of the merchandise you're selling isn't yours?

And to say that Spencer is "just an employee" is like saying that the Prime Minister just signs documents. I highly doubt that he would be satisfied to come in to a place of business a few times a week and sit behind a counter unless he had some sort of stake in it. Especially knowing the backlash he'd get.

I know a few of Spencer's former employees fairly well and everything they have told me regarding the matter not only makes perfect sense but also lines up with major events. Does anyone here remember when the old A3U site got hacked, and for a few days there was nothing but a picture of an asian guy flipping the bird? Can you say former business partner with computer skills?

And I say all this despite the fact that Spencer seemingly treated me quite well whenever I dealt with him. However I also witnessed him badmouthing customers after they had left the store. And God forbid if you ever walked in with a bag from, say, TRU...

I know this is a little off topic but I just wanted to strengthen the argument. Boris, you seem like a pretty straightforward guy and regardless if what you've been saying all along is true or not, just watch your back. Either way, eventually the curtain will probably come down.

chans formers
12-14-2009, 11:38 PM
Out of curiousity, how many people keep checking this thread for ongoing amusement?

No offense to the people here taking things quite seriously, but as someone who has no experience with A3U either under Spencer or Boris - this is just a place providing free entertainment for me now.

X2:D

MasterOfPuppets
12-15-2009, 02:12 AM
The retard would like to suggest you send an email to Mario from Automaton to see if it's as easy as you think to start a new store... A name can matter. If BBTS was to change hands, pretty sure the new owner would think about it twice before changing the name. Ok, A3U is no BBTS, but I think you get the point.
That's exactly right, A3U is no BBTS. BBTS is an established online store that actually has a good reputation. A3U's reputation was in the dirt, why would anyone besides Spencer push so hard to revive this name? And not only is A3U associated with TFs, but also with an incompetent business owner.

I don't think anyone is saying anything about your last post, because I don't think it's beyond reason to think that Spencer owes people money and has done bad things. But your post had nothing to do with Boris as far as I know. So I don't think anyone really had anything to add to it. I think most people here are willing to give Boris the benefit of the doubt that Spencer is not involved with the new A3U beyond working in a store that Boris has rented space from.
But that's just it. Boris is operating in the same store as Spencer and we're just supposed to take his word that there is no involvement on Spencer's part at all? That's just too ridiculous.

Pascal
12-15-2009, 02:26 AM
A3U's reputation was in the dirt, why would anyone besides Spencer push so hard to revive this name?

Wouldn't the logical solution for Spencer be to open a new store under a different name (and probably in a different location) hoping no one would realize it's just A3U v2.0? He would have to grow a full-on russian beard and wear dark glasses and a funky hat at all times though.

Pascal
12-15-2009, 02:35 AM
Actually, maybe Spencer did the stupidest move (reviving A3U in plain sight) thinking most customers would find the idea too stupid to be possible, therefore making his cover near perfect. :p

C_Shewins
12-15-2009, 03:33 AM
Who cares now? Doesn't matter Boris, Alex, Spencer or whoever this store belongs to. I guess many people already know this store is involved with Spencer, especially those who have visit the store. I think it is ridiculous Boris say it has nothing to do with Spencer, what a lie, lol . But if anyone ask how is this store, I will just tell what I think. So if you like him, simply go buy from him. For those who order online, just pray u won't get screw over. Those of u who don't believe what I said, simply go do your own homework, go check out the store yourself, or get your friend to do your homework for you.

Prowler
12-15-2009, 03:44 AM
Ok, I've been a quiet reader on this but I feel this needs to be pointed out

I am not going to post anymore,That's all.

and yet here we are,

Who cares now? Doesn't matter Boris, Alex, Spencer or whoever this store belongs to. I guess many people already know this store is involved with Spencer, especially those who have visit the store. I think it is ridiculous Boris say it has nothing to do with Spencer, what a lie, lol . But if anyone ask how is this store, I will just tell what I think. So if you like him, simply go buy from him. For those who order online, just pray u won't get screw over. Those of u who don't believe what I said, simply go do your own homework, go check out the store yourself, or get your friend to do your homework for you.

Seriously dude, your evidence is flakey and you can't even stand by your own words why should anyone believe you? You're coming across like a stupid ranting hypocritcal nutcase now. If you don't like the store, don't shop there.

Easy breezy crazy wayzy

C_Shewins
12-15-2009, 03:48 AM
Ok, I've been a quiet reader on this but I feel this needs to be pointed out

and yet here we are,

Seriously dude, your evidence is flakey and you can't even stand by your own words why should anyone believe you? You're coming across like a stupid ranting hypocritcal nutcase now. If you don't like the store, don't shop there.

Easy breezy crazy wayzy U don't need to believe me, I never ask you to believe me either. Yup, of cuz I wont' shop there, did i tell u i am going to shop there? lol U must be dreaming if i do.

Prowler
12-15-2009, 03:52 AM
Yup, of cuz I wont' shop there, did i tell u i am going to shop there? lol U must be dreaming if i do.

No, hypocritical because you said you won't post here again yet you are...

pud333
12-15-2009, 03:58 AM
and yet here we are

I thought that was funny too.

But that's just it. Boris is operating in the same store as Spencer and we're just supposed to take his word that there is no involvement on Spencer's part at all? That's just too ridiculous.

How is it ridiculous that Boris would have rented space from within Urban Samurai? It would be cheaper than renting the whole space, and less overhead especially for a start-up (re-start-up?) business needing to increase its cash flow. It's a lot less ridiculous than people thinking Spencer is secretly running the new A3U from his underground panic room beneath Urban Samurai, hoping that canadian collectors are idiots and will fall for his plant, "Boris," that sounds like a character out of Rocky and Bulkwinkle.

Look, I concede that looks strange, but I have yet to hear of stories of Boris ripping people off, so until that happens, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Actually, maybe Spencer did the stupidest move (reviving A3U in plain sight) thinking most customers would find the idea too stupid to be possible, therefore making his cover near perfect. :p

Lol. If this turns out to be true, then I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong.

darthrage
12-15-2009, 06:27 AM
Who cares about the past anymore?? The beef you have with the former owner is probably more than a year old.

Why is it so hard to believe that a 3rd party wanted to re-open a store under the same name without knowledge of the store's history? Did it ever occur to you that the new owner didn't have a clue about the drama that goes on here about a single store?

Why is that such a big deal to people? Just because some people (yeah all 3 of you) had a bad experience with A3U in the past doesn't mean that has anything to do with this NEW store.

It is a new store with a fresh new start and Boris has been nothing but sincere and straight-up from the very start.

"telling people to do their own homework" ???

WHAT HOMEWORK??? Spy work? So what do you plan to do? Visit the store incognito with your trenchcoat, sunglasses and hat and pretend to be a customer and talk to the people who work there to get inside info? Get a life. Why is it so important to you that you get information about what is going on with this store?

TFtoys
12-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Wouldn't the logical solution for Spencer be to open a new store under a different name (and probably in a different location) hoping no one would realize it's just A3U v2.0? He would have to grow a full-on russian beard and wear dark glasses and a funky hat at all times though.

How is it ridiculous that Boris would have rented space from within Urban Samurai? It would be cheaper than renting the whole space, and less overhead especially for a start-up (re-start-up?) business needing to increase its cash flow. It's a lot less ridiculous than people thinking Spencer is secretly running the new A3U from his underground panic room beneath Urban Samurai, hoping that canadian collectors are idiots and will fall for his plant, "Boris," that sounds like a character out of Rocky and Bulkwinkle.

Addition to the overhead and less operational expense, there might be something in the contract that Boris can inherit the A3U name and properties super cheap (cheaper than starting a new business for himself). Also, some of the import stuffs, you have to sign contract with the supplier or at least have some formal relationship with the existing supplier. It is not like the supplier would give the wholesale deal when a new guy/a new store name just show up with cash. Besides, if the new owner has no experience before, he does not have a clue that how shipping will be handing, how long it would take from the releasing date to the product actually arrived and any additional charge or fees.

The thing with the Spencer shows up in the store does surprise people. Yes, he could help Boris with some lack of knowledge and experience or just simply help his friends. However, he does not show up and help the Metrotown comic store (the formal A3U location). Most of the people heard about his reasons to close the store last year and he did not want to involve with the new store and will join the military or other career paths what soever... but here we have people seeing him in the new A3U in Lougheed mall.

And where are those board members outside of the BC who have issues with A3U ? They just do not want to talk about A3U,Or their problems have been sloved ? at least they can confirm that they get their last shippment and money return.

Robimus
12-15-2009, 10:43 AM
That's exactly right, A3U is no BBTS. BBTS is an established online store that actually has a good reputation. A3U's reputation was in the dirt, why would anyone besides Spencer push so hard to revive this name? And not only is A3U associated with TFs, but also with an incompetent business owner.

I just wanted to point out that BBTS does have a reputation for Scalping, yet is a huge and popular online retailer.

Taking a glance at the TFW boards shows their reputation, at least from that end, to be questionable.

JLvatron
12-15-2009, 10:51 AM

Lol. If this turns out to be true, then I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong.

Me 2nd! :D

Pascal
12-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Does anyone here remember when the old A3U site got hacked, and for a few days there was nothing but a picture of an asian guy flipping the bird?

Ted?

venksta
12-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Ted?

I remember that. I think it was for more than a few days the site was hacked. Ted joined up with the owner of Comic Land, and opened up another location for it at Brentwood mall. But it didn't last long.

Pascal
12-15-2009, 12:40 PM
Didn't he even go as far as copying A3U's colors for his store or something? I think I heard something like that.

venksta
12-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Didn't he even go as far as copying A3U's colors for his store or something? I think I heard something like that.

What happened is, Spencer opened up the first A3U, about a store up from Comic Land. From what the Comic Land owner told me, Spencer got mad that CL was selling toys and comic book figures, as it was competing with his store. Even though they had always carried those type of items, and since most comic book stores do anyways. So then Spencer moved to Metrotown, and Comic Land moved into the original A3U spot, as it was a bigger store space for them. And the owner was just plain lazy I guess and didn't bother repainting the store. When they opened up the second store in Coquitlam, they decided to paint the store in the same colors as the first, which was the A3U scheme. It was also to make Spencer mad. They told me this straight out as one of the reasons for keeping that color scheme. When Ted joined up, he helped open the 3rd store at Brentwood, and they kept the color scheme going with that place too.

TFtoys
12-15-2009, 01:13 PM
What happened is, Spencer opened up the first A3U, about a store up from Comic Land. From what the Comic Land owner told me, Spencer got mad that CL was selling toys and comic book figures, as it was competing with his store. Even though they had always carried those type of items, and since most comic book stores do anyways. So then Spencer moved to Metrotown, and Comic Land moved into the original A3U spot, as it was a bigger store space for them. And the owner was just plain lazy I guess and didn't bother repainting the store. When they opened up the second store in Coquitlam, they decided to paint the store in the same colors as the first, which was the A3U scheme. It was also to make Spencer mad. They told me this straight out as one of the reasons for keeping that color scheme. When Ted joined up, he helped open the 3rd store at Brentwood, and they kept the color scheme going with that place too.
now, this is the inside story that is really useful. If Boris could give some more background info like this, it would help to clarify the suspension out.
Btw, you guys are really early bird of today and eager to reply this thread...

pud333
12-15-2009, 01:43 PM
When they opened up the second store in Coquitlam, they decided to paint the store in the same colors as the first, which was the A3U scheme. It was also to make Spencer mad. They told me this straight out as one of the reasons for keeping that color scheme.

Haha. That's actually hilarious.

I just wanted to point out that BBTS does have a reputation for Scalping, yet is a huge and popular online retailer.

Taking a glance at the TFW boards shows their reputation, at least from that end, to be questionable.

Rec'd this ^^^.

Btw, you guys are really early bird of today and eager to reply this thread...

I don't know about anyone else, but I had a boring weekend, so I need a good laugh now and then.

Spencer_Wilson
12-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Hey Guys! Remeber me? I am guessing you do!

Since it is obvious that no one has the actual nutz to come in and talk to me in person, I am guessing I have to come here to play.

Feel free to ask me any questions you want. I will answer them full out. A3U is now a year behind me and there really is nothing more for me to hide. You want the real answers about any of the happenings of 2008 then now is your chance. If any of the Mods want to make this a thread of its own, no problems there either. I will comply.

There is a lot of hate here. Some of it I can place to events more than 10 years ago and some I can place to only last year. The only one I really have no idea is C Shewins. Man, what is your beef? I have seen several other people ask you as well with no answer from you. Is it because you don't have one? I think you are the only person in Vancouver who I don't know what your screen name is and you have done everything possible to ensure that is the case.

I applaud Boris and his dedication to the hobby. He was told up front of all the issues that happened the previous year and weighed his choices. In the end he saw the value of what A3U had to offer and went for it. I do consult with him from time to time but honestly......do you think I would want to do anything for a fandom that hates me so much that a thread like this occours? Am I just such a glutton for punishment and there is NOTHING else out there job wise that I could do that I MUST get back into the Transformer game? Come on wise up just a touch.

Spencer

Spencer_Wilson
12-15-2009, 01:58 PM
When they opened up the second store in Coquitlam, they decided to paint the store in the same colors as the first, which was the A3U scheme. It was also to make Spencer mad. They told me this straight out as one of the reasons for keeping that color scheme. When Ted joined up, he helped open the 3rd store at Brentwood, and they kept the color scheme going with that place too.

Yes, a mature and well thought out business decision.

There is also a store in Surrey that has the same colour scheem, by some skytrain. They told me right out that they were copying but not copying. You also see that MTAG only changed one colour of their scheme. Seems like a lot of copying going on around town. Or perhaps secretly I own all of them and am just trying to throw people off here.

Spencer.

agesthreeandup
12-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Addition to the overhead and less operational expense, there might be something in the contract that Boris can inherit the A3U name and properties super cheap (cheaper than starting a new business for himself). Also, some of the import stuffs, you have to sign contract with the supplier or at least have some formal relationship with the existing supplier. It is not like the supplier would give the wholesale deal when a new guy/a new store name just show up with cash. Besides, if the new owner has no experience before, he does not have a clue that how shipping will be handing, how long it would take from the releasing date to the product actually arrived and any additional charge or fees.

Although I did not have a formal contract with A3U, they complied with handing over all the websites and online usernames for things like facebook, cybertron, tfw etc.

But your post is very close to many of the reasons I wanted to keep some existing infrastructure. I'm a web developer and in order to change to the system I want, would take months and some planning.

I didn't want to have things all change at once and not know how to handle it. Changing things slowly with infrastructure is less risk for me and less startup time.

For example, the site, I could've did a redesign or an overhaul of the system which would include lots more testing and fixes, whereas the old store worked and the kinks have been worked out over a few years. That's pretty big value.

I could've paid and went to conventions where I would spend more money on travel and then spend more time on the process of meeting all my own suppliers. But I decided to use the same suppliers who knew what I needed so I could get products out right away.

I'm doing what any smart business person would... test the water before jumping in and don't spend huge amounts of time or money to change things that are working, but over time, striving to improve certain aspects of the infrastructure based on feedback.

This is why it's so ironic that the few hators here keep giving feedback bout the past. Which is the one thing I can't improve or change. I have a shell of a company that is gonna need some change and growth and I'm wanting more feedback on that process rather than what happened with people that have nothing to do with the store today.

Anyway, I have been busy at the store and customers have had great things they say to me and I've already seen a couple posts from those that accessed the forums after they shopped with me.

I've also made sure to let serious customers know of cybertron.ca to get good info. So again, nothing to hide from anyone, old or new.

Quantum
12-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Thanks Spence, for coming in and setting it straight.

Boris, thanks for continuing to be straight about everything.

Haters, stop hating. These last two posts above should put it all to rest.

How 'bout Spence gets to move on without all this shit coming up again; Boris gets to build up his new store without all this shit coming up again; and we all get to enjoy Transformers without all this shit coming up again? Can we try? Please?

Spencer_Wilson
12-15-2009, 03:35 PM

Care to go a little further in history on this one? When I first opened A3U Comic Land was owned by Dan. Dan was considering retirement when I was scouting for locations and I spoke with him many times regarding opening two doors down from him. I was not interested in comics and he really did not care much about toys so we were in verbal agreement that the combination of the two stores would work out well. After I opened Rubert, Dan sold his shop off to Winston, the now currenty owner. He is the guy who looks like he just woke up, very tall asian fellow with wild hair. When Winston took over we discussed this verbal agreement and all seems OK. After some time Winston begins bringing in toys. Many toys. Much of the same stuff that I was bringing in. He did start pissing me off much of the time as talking to the guy is much like pulling your own face off. After Metrotown aproached me about opening there, I stormed into Comic Land with a stupid offer to Winston to 'get rid of me' which he gladly paid. I moved out, he moved in and all was well. Now if you want to talk lazy, Winston not only never changed the colours, he never took down the logos. As a matter of fact I have been told for a long time he was telling people he fired me and the business was always his. I had a few customers tell me this but never confronted him myself. I did end up going to the store about 6 to 8 months later complaining that he still had my Ages Three And Up sign still up on the outside of the store and when I got inside my giant painted logo was still quite visable on the wall. I ended up having to go and spray paint over the outside sign myself to cover it up and I am sure if you remove the picture that is on the wall behind the counter there, you will still find my logo painted into the wall.

There is always a lot more history that goes on than what is posted here. I am sure anyone can figure that out. Perhaps if people really did want to find out the truth, they would dig just a little deeper and maybe go to the sources a little more and they would find a lot more info.

Spencer.

Aernaroth
12-15-2009, 03:50 PM
There is always a lot more history that goes on than what is posted here. I am sure anyone can figure that out. Perhaps if people really did want to find out the truth, they would dig just a little deeper and maybe go to the sources a little more and they would find a lot more info.

Spencer.

How do we know you're the REAL Spencer? You could just be Spencer from A3U pretending to be someone pretending to be Spencer, just to throw us off! =P

But you're right, the bad blood in this thread is ridiculous, and I think its laudable that you're coming here to post and clear the air.

venksta
12-15-2009, 04:15 PM
After Metrotown aproached me about opening there, I stormed into Comic Land with a stupid offer to Winston to 'get rid of me' which he gladly paid. I moved out, he moved in and all was well.

Interesting... I actually assumed this whole time Winston made that part up. And yes, I am serious about that. From my point of view, things didn't add up. And I was a customer of both places at that time too.

Spencer_Wilson
12-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Interesting... I actually assumed this whole time Winston made that part up. And yes, I am serious about that. From my point of view, things didn't add up. And I was a customer of both places at that time too.

It was actually quite funny. It was a movie moment where I bust into the store slammed my hands down on the counter and actually yelled at him. 'You want to get rid of me!? Fine for X dollars you can. You come up with that money and I am out of here!" Two days later I had a certified cheque in hand and a contract stating I would not open another store in Vancouver for 3 years or something. I don't recall exactly what it said. I would have to dig it up.

Spencer.

CobraCommander
12-15-2009, 04:24 PM
@Spencer_Wilson

Question, is it true that you did not pay your employee's their last paycheque (from A3U storefront)? Assuming yes, have you made any effort to repay them? I'm just asking as I'm curious if you are Man enough to owe up to your mistakes (again assuming you did not pay them)?

Spencer_Wilson
12-15-2009, 04:35 PM
@Spencer_Wilson

Question, is it true that you did not pay your employee's their last paycheque (from A3U storefront)? Assuming yes, have you made any effort to repay them? I'm just asking as I'm curious if you are Man enough to owe up to your mistakes (again assuming you did not pay them)?

There is only one employee who did not get his last cheque with Vacation pay. MOP was paid in cash for his last bit of work and I am fairly certain that on the last day of operation he was paid from the till. One other employee took about a month or a few weeks for me to get enough in the account to cover his cheque but he did get it. Other than that, all employees got cheques with all their vacation pay. There is a lot of history on the one fellow who did not get his and I hold him responsible for a lot of what happened to A3U. I talked with him on the phone a few times after A3U was closed and told him that all he had to do was call me. He never did.

There is also a lot of obligations that go along with bankruptsy. Paying final cheques is not always top of the list in government terms. Neither is paying customers for lost preorders. I did what I could for months after A3U closed and paid off all orders from people who contacted me.

Spencer

Quantum
12-15-2009, 04:40 PM
And as someone who got screwed out of my last cheque and vacation pay by an employer who declared bankruptcy, it really isn't a gov't priority for employees to get that last paycheque and vacation pay. So people should thank Spence for that, as that was he himself owning up to obligations out of personal responsibility to make things right.

pud333
12-15-2009, 04:43 PM
How 'bout Spence gets to move on without all this shit coming up again; Boris gets to build up his new store without all this shit coming up again; and we all get to enjoy Transformers without all this shit coming up again? Can we try? Please?

Seconded.

MasterOfPuppets
12-15-2009, 05:54 PM
There is only one employee who did not get his last cheque with Vacation pay. MOP was paid in cash for his last bit of work and I am fairly certain that on the last day of operation he was paid from the till.
I was not payed. A couple weeks after the shop closed I came by the warehouse to pick up that Henkei Grimlock I payed for on boxing day. I asked for that last bit of pay and never received it. Whatever; not gonna cry over spilt milk. More importantly, and I'm not gonna name any names, but you know who you should be paying back and you're just not doing it.

JLvatron
12-15-2009, 06:18 PM
It was actually quite funny. It was a movie moment where I bust into the store slammed my hands down on the counter and actually yelled at him. 'You want to get rid of me!? Fine for X dollars you can. You come up with that money and I am out of here!" Two days later I had a certified cheque in hand and a contract stating I would not open another store in Vancouver for 3 years or something. I don't recall exactly what it said. I would have to dig it up.

Spencer.

That is TeeHee-ously awesome!! :)

Spencer_Wilson
12-15-2009, 06:20 PM
I was not payed. A couple weeks after the shop closed I came by the warehouse to pick up that Henkei Grimlock I payed for on boxing day. I asked for that last bit of pay and never received it. Whatever; not gonna cry over spilt milk. I'm not gonna name any names but if you really are Spencer then you who you should be paying back.

If I do indeed still owe you this money then why wait until now to bring it up? You could have contacted me at any time. It is not like you did not know how to get a hold of me. With so many things going on there is no way that I can remember everything. If I owed you money and I had it and you asked for it then I would have paid it. If I did not have it at that time why would you not say anything until a year later? Unless of course you had an oppertunity to trash me in a public forum of course.

As for who I owe money to, who are you? Their gaurdian Angel? Or do they not have the nutz to contact me themselves? I have never hidden or made myself inaccessable. Anyone who knows me in the past can still call me as my number has not changed in all that time.

As for the one guy who I already said I did not give their paycheque to, I still have the written cheque pined to the wall in my office. It stands as a reminder to me every day to how far you can trust someone and how soon people can turn on you.

Spencer

Spencer_Wilson
12-15-2009, 06:28 PM
That is TeeHee-ously awesome!! :)

I seem to recal someone eles in the store as well. I am sure it was quite comedic to see. Perhpas even a little scary. I can be quite loud.

Spencer

Ginrai
12-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Since it is obvious that no one has the actual nutz to come in and talk to me in person, I am guessing I have to come here to play.

Feel free to ask me any questions you want. I will answer them full out. A3U is now a year behind me and there really is nothing more for me to hide. You want the real answers about any of the happenings of 2008 then now is your chance.
Spencer

How many times were u screwd by your Japanese suppliers? How many times can u cry wolf? I guess the question is what does japan have against poor little u? They don't screw anyone but u over? Give me a braek!

Oh, why would u have a reason to lie? I don't know, but the Office of Superintendant of Bankruptcy has no record of you filing. Public record. Anyone can call. 604-666-5007 I hope all of your past business partners see this and come get u.

PS: if you are so past the fandom and this business, why go to Botcon this year?

Spencer_Wilson
12-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Actually I only had one problem with a Japanese supplier. It was a big one and set a snowball effect that was already in motion. It was not even a Japanese supplier but one in China who provided Japanese toys. I did also have an issue with Kidi Toys who sent me a full order of KO Metroplex figures claiming them to be legit. I also had a rather large shipment of Omega Supreme figures arrive with every figure crushed. I was shopping around for new suppliers in an attempt to lower my margin.

As for the Superintendent, I have not officially completed the Bankruptsy but still trying to tie up some loose ends before making it official. I have not done my taxes for the last 4 years and needed a year of employement to finalize my divorce. They require a previous years tax filing to determin things like alimony and child support. Much of this is at the direction of my Bankruptsy lawyer.

As for Botcon, I did not attend so not sure why you are saying that I did. I did go to TFCon this year only for the exclusive. Powered Convoy has been one of my favorite toys for a very long time and I NEEDED the FP version to go with my collection of Diaclone versions. Being past the fandom does not mean I have to stop collecting for myself.

Spencer

Spencer_Wilson
12-15-2009, 06:57 PM
Ginrai, I notice from your one other post that you are someone who claims that you are owed money. Feel free to contact me with some information regarding your order and I can look it up for myself. Did you at any time over the last year make an attempt to contact me regarding any lost payment or missing items? The spencer@agesthreeandup.com email was still accessible up to about 3 months ago so I would have still been receiving them and I don't recall any such request. Feel free to contact me here or at my email spencer_wilson@hotmail.com and I can check it out.

Spencer.

PS. the number you called was the Burnaby lisence office. It is where you purchase your business lisence for each city. As renewal for lisences comes up in November, I would have paid for it right away meaning it would be in their records up until the end of this year. In November I did not know I was shutting down. I was still under the impression I could pull through.

Protoform X
12-15-2009, 08:28 PM
There is a lot of history on the one fellow who did not get his and I hold him responsible for a lot of what happened to A3U. I talked with him on the phone a few times after A3U was closed and told him that all he had to do was call me. He never did.

As for the one guy who I already said I did not give their paycheque to, I still have the written cheque pined to the wall in my office. It stands as a reminder to me every day to how far you can trust someone and how soon people can turn on you.

Wow...really Spence? I Called, Emailed, MSN'd, Facebooked..the only thing i didnt do was show up at the warehouse. As to Why MOP or i havent brought this up since last year...cause there was no point! we were there with you till the bitter end, we stuck it out with you and we knew you owed a lot of people money, so our paychecks didnt seem like it should take priority... we made this decision not as staff but as your FRIENDS, we knew it wasnt worth it to bring up. After a few months of us not talking and you not picking up my calls, when you finally did pick up you made it perfectly clear you wanted nothing to do with me anymore and seeing you for my final check just didnt seem worth it.

as a final note - its getting pretty old that you keep blaming me for A3U's demise. We have been over it, after i told you i was resigning from the Manager position at oakridge, i didnt just bail, i stuck around and worked for you for another 4 months, i paid my dues and i dont regret my decision, and this whole thing is waaaaayyyyyy behind me. thats all i have to say

agesthreeandup
12-15-2009, 08:56 PM
How many times were u screwd by your Japanese suppliers? How many times can u cry wolf? I guess the question is what does japan have against poor little u? They don't screw anyone but u over? Give me a braek!

Oh, why would u have a reason to lie? I don't know, but the Office of Superintendant of Bankruptcy has no record of you filing. Public record. Anyone can call. 604-666-5007 I hope all of your past business partners see this and come get u.

PS: if you are so past the fandom and this business, why go to Botcon this year?

Wow, this statement really does not portray you as someone that is looking for the truth. Now that Spencer has come in to speak out about what happened... you have no real questions for him. Only attacks.

That's extremely inconsistent with someone who is seemingly trying to protect the forums from a "bad person".

All I've seen in your posts are tantrums and undirected explanations of evidence that doesn't seem to tie anything together.

It's just one hateful confusing mess of words in my opinion. Resorting to calling anyone an "embarrassment" is pretty arrogant and assumes you are not embarrassing yourself which I really feel you are with every statement you make.

I'm cringing reading your stuff because it's so brutal and aggressive. Even if you are right, I don't think the excess of insults in your statements help me or anyone to understand what's going on here.

Spencer_Wilson
12-15-2009, 08:58 PM
Wow...really Spence? I Called, Emailed, MSN'd, Facebooked..the only thing i didnt do was show up at the warehouse. As to Why MOP or i havent brought this up since last year...cause there was no point! we were there with you till the bitter end, we stuck it out with you and we knew you owed a lot of people money, so our paychecks didnt seem like it should take priority... we made this decision not as staff but as your FRIENDS, we knew it wasnt worth it to bring up. After a few months of us not talking and you not picking up my calls, when you finally did pick up you made it perfectly clear you wanted nothing to do with me anymore and seeing you for my final check just didnt seem worth it.

as a final note - its getting pretty old that you keep blaming me for A3U's demise. We have been over it, after i told you i was resigning from the Manager position at oakridge, i didnt just bail, i stuck around and worked for you for another 4 months, i paid my dues and i dont regret my decision, and this whole thing is waaaaayyyyyy behind me. thats all i have to say

Sorry you feel that way Protoform. I considered you to be one of my best friends for many years. It is too bad that my anger and resentment for the closing of A3U is all it takes to trash a 5 year friendship. Was I hurt? Yes. I trusted you and put a hell of a lot of faith in you as well as a huge financial investment in you. Oakridge was the demise of A3U, 100%. Without the high rent, the added cost of products and the cost of employees who were content to sit behind a desk and play solitare A3U could have pulled out of the finincial difficulties attributed to changes in suppliers.

Our last phone call IIRC went along the lines of me telling you I was angry, hurt and going through a tough time. I was mad at you, at MOP for being a traitor and many other things. Then I told you I was going to do the grind on Sunday and would really like it if you called to go with me. That call never did come.

Spencer

Nemesis Predaking
12-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Wow, this shit is epic.
Personally, I only ever dealt with A3U once & the transaction was flawless.It was for a Gundam Custom Deathscythe Hell D.
I believe it was not to long before everything went south.

From what I've read. I can understand peoples apprehension about not waiting to deal with A3U again, but really is it necessary to drag it out all over again ?
Give the guys a chance to do business.
If shit goes wrong then those that warned everyone can say "we told you so". But also keep in mind the old saying "buyer beware".
I doubt I'll deal with A3U, but that's not because of any of this stuff. I'm happy dealing with Automaton & BBTS.
But if something comes up at A3U that I can't find anywhere else, i may just deal with them.

Doctor Kibble
12-15-2009, 11:51 PM
So let me get this clear, Spencer. You were on your way out of Rupert anyway, but still made Winston "buy you out"?

You blame Protoform X for the demise of A3U like he was the one that made major decisions for you? And you pin his paycheque on your wall as a reminder? You can't just mail it to him?

darthrage
12-15-2009, 11:51 PM
i think we should keep this thread on topic of the welcoming of a new store to the lower mainland before the hostility gets out of hand. If there needs to be a discussion about the history of A3U in the last 5 years or more, I think that's a whole new thread.

Welcome to the world of Transformers retail, Boris and I hope that you have much success. I think it would probably be appreciated if the people here can introduce themselves as who they really are behind their screen names when going to the store so relationships can be built because I know that if I was a store owner, I'd like to know who everyone is so that I know their customer needs and wants.

But I'm sure that when someone enters the store and then reports their purchases and findings on the site, they can probably figure out which customer's face to put with the screen name.

Anyways, the A3U drama can be handled privately or at least not in this thread because Boris has been totally sincere in explaining himself and I believe he deserves a chance. He's doing something for the TF community in 604 and yet people are already biting each other's heads off when in fact they could be going home with a decent to positive shopping experience at a brand new retail store.

And to the people spreading hate....do you really want to continue doing this? Because it is displayed in public that you all are quite negative people and other people probably won't want to deal with you in a trade. Cuz you know it'll be awkward, just FYI. You're probably one of those guys that walk into the store, don't say a word, spend alot of time looking at TFs, don't say a word and then walk out and then quickly log into Cybertron to report your findings / "intel". OR you'll probably be like "oh man, I don't wanna walk past that store because I might see so and so". (so then you end up taking the long way around in the mall just to avoid being spotted, LOL!)

pud333
12-16-2009, 12:13 AM
You know, for a guy named "darthrage," you're pretty level-headed, haha. :p

I totally agree with what you said. This thread has gone really off course, from discussing the new A3U, to discussing what looks like some pretty private issues from the old A3U. Perhaps the thread should be split or something?

Anyway, I think some people just need to move on. Nothing Boris or anyone says can convince the haters from thinking otherwise, and vice versa, so it's sort of a stalemate at this point. Let's just move on.

i think we should keep this thread on topic of the welcoming of a new store to the lower mainland before the hostility gets out of hand. If there needs to be a discussion about the history of A3U in the last 5 years or more, I think that's a whole new thread.

Welcome to the world of Transformers retail, Boris and I hope that you have much success. I think it would probably be appreciated if the people here can introduce themselves as who they really are behind their screen names when going to the store so relationships can be built because I know that if I was a store owner, I'd like to know who everyone is so that I know their customer needs and wants.

But I'm sure that when someone enters the store and then reports their purchases and findings on the site, they can probably figure out which customer's face to put with the screen name.

Anyways, the A3U drama can be handled privately or at least not in this thread because Boris has been totally sincere in explaining himself and I believe he deserves a chance. He's doing something for the TF community in 604 and yet people are already biting each other's heads off when in fact they could be going home with a decent to positive shopping experience at a brand new retail store.

And to the people spreading hate....do you really want to continue doing this? Because it is displayed in public that you all are quite negative people and other people probably won't want to deal with you in a trade. Cuz you know it'll be awkward, just FYI. You're probably one of those guys that walk into the store, don't say a word, spend alot of time looking at TFs, don't say a word and then walk out and then quickly log into Cybertron to report your findings / "intel". OR you'll probably be like "oh man, I don't wanna walk past that store because I might see so and so". (so then you end up taking the long way around in the mall just to avoid being spotted, LOL!)

chans formers
12-16-2009, 12:14 AM

Anyways, the A3U drama can be handled privately or at least not in this thread because Boris has been totally sincere in explaining himself and I believe he deserves a chance. He's doing something for the TF community in 604 and yet people are already biting each other's heads off when in fact they could be going home with a decent to positive shopping experience at a brand new retail store.x2:)
speaking as a outsider reading in,i've never actually dealt with a3u personally(i'm not tech savy enough to do quite a bit on here...including online ordering:o:o)but darthrage does have a point.this thread (as much entertainment as it is:D)is totally for the "relaunch of a3u". i'm not speaking for either side on this one,but since "spencer wilson" is actually posting/replying to alot of this,would it be safe to assume he can recieve private messages?would it not make more sense to just "pm" the guy and try to solve whatever the issue is with the guy?imagine being in "boris's" shoes,after shelling out who knows how much coin to take over a defunct business/name,only to fight another uphill battle.and as a few of you have been saying you're just trying to warn people from being scammed,concrete proof says it better than words can ever say.honestly though,if i knew how to order stuff online(thank god i don't$$$$:rolleyes:),i'd probably give boris a try up until the day i "actually" get ripped off.but i probably wouldn't from spencer,just mostly cause i don't like being involved in drama in any way and no offense to him,he seems to almost be a magnet for it.

Ginrai
12-16-2009, 04:46 AM
Actually I only had one problem with a Japanese supplier.

Well when I look at Ages past comments I see the bad ones are removed, but I'm sure that all the people on the forum who remember all the excuses will know what I'm talkign about.

As for the Superintendent, I have not officially completed the Bankruptsy but still trying to tie up some loose ends before making it official. I have not done my taxes for the last 4 years and needed a year of employement to finalize my divorce. They require a previous years tax filing to determin things like alimony and child support. Much of this is at the direction of my Bankruptsy lawyer.

This is more believable if you knew that its a Trustee, not a lawyer that you talk to. Actually an accountant. Just ask the office. Nice try.

Ginrai, I notice from your one other post that you are someone who claims that you are owed money. Feel free to contact me with some information regarding your order and I can look it up for myself.

Are u serious? I talked to some guy named Mike last year. I count it as lost money now. I just want other people to know about my experiance with yor company. From what others are sayiong, you dont pay your staff or friend? Why pay me? Forget it.

Wow, this statement really does not portray you as someone that is looking for the truth. Now that Spencer has come in to speak out about what happened... you have no real questions for him.

Forgive me "boris", but I won't waste time asking questions to someone who isn't trusted. And I'm sorry for you bein involved withh him too. What truth do you have? Nothing. Only your word. And the other readers have my word. My word is just as valid or not as yours is.

All I've seen in your posts are tantrums and undirected explanations of evidence that doesn't seem to tie anything together.

At least I provided numbers for people to call. All Spencer does is want us to take his word for it. Well with all the negative things people say, customers, employees, friends now, I think his woird is not too good. Right? Where is yor evidence that he doesn't own Ages? Burden of proof is on you, not me.

Resorting to calling anyone an "embarrassment" is pretty arrogant and assumes you are not embarrassing yourself which I really feel you are with every statement you make.

But its ok to try to call people out. Calling them cowards? Don't have the nutz? Don't try to advertise here and then have your friend insult the fans.

Sorry to everyone who reads this all. But it is frustrating to see "boris" come on the boards and tell us hes not with Spencer. Where is the proof? And then if someone says something bad. U say its a lie and not true. The n u say, if you dont beleive me, come in and buy toys from me? That proves nothing and people deserve better than that.

Bottom line. No one knows if u r Spencer. If you are, pretty sad. If u r not, then I question ur business sdense anyway buying a business with such a bad rep. not too smart. If u r in bussiness with him I guess good luck, youll need it it seems, like his other friends and other employees.

Well I guess you can keep tag teaming and bullying people on the board now...

Ginrai
12-16-2009, 04:49 AM
This thread has gone really off course, from discussing the new A3U, to discussing what looks like some pretty private issues from the old A3U.

I agrre its ugly now, but is it off topic? New owner? New ages? These are what we'er talking about right? Thweres no proof this isn't old ages with new wrapping.

I guess everyone knows what my opinion is now, but until we prove anything one or another isn't that what "boris" is in for assosiated with a bad name?

We have a rightt to ask.

Sun Swipe Prime
12-16-2009, 06:12 AM
I agrre its ugly now, but is it off topic? New owner? New ages? These are what we'er talking about right? Thweres no proof this isn't old ages with new wrapping.

I guess everyone knows what my opinion is now, but until we prove anything one or another isn't that what "boris" is in for assosiated with a bad name?

We have a rightt to ask.

Yes, people have a right to ask questions, but from an outsiders view right now, I'm not seeing any questions being asked. I see a lot of wild and angry accusations.

Let's think about this for a moment. If these accusations are true, what is there to gain from them? You warn off a few people, but the harm has already been done to youself, and you're out what ever money you're out. Now think about if these accusations are false. You're dragging Boris's name through the mud here and causing him problems that he doesn't deserve and that's wrong.

I'm willing to give Boris a chance to prove himself. In time, lies will show through and so will truths.

All this hate is really.... frustrating to read.

agesthreeandup
12-16-2009, 06:13 AM
Well when I look at Ages past comments I see the bad ones are removed, but I'm sure that all the people on the forum who remember all the excuses will know what I'm talkign about.

So basically you are saying you have no proof.

Forgive me "boris", but I won't waste time asking questions to someone who isn't trusted. And I'm sorry for you bein involved withh him too. What truth do you have? Nothing. Only your word. And the other readers have my word. My word is just as valid or not as yours is.

Truth I have? I have a store that many people have seen me at and spoken to me. Nobody's seen you at all and you aren't even located in my city. And you're talking about people in Vancouver. Seems ridiculous you would even call me out on this.

Nobody said your word isn't as good as mine. But the way you put your words together makes it hard to understand what makes you so sure of yourself. Maybe this is just more of a problem with your investigative skills rather than people lying. I can't help you with that.

At least I provided numbers for people to call. All Spencer does is want us to take his word for it. Well with all the negative things people say, customers, employees, friends now, I think his woird is not too good. Right? Where is yor evidence that he doesn't own Ages? Burden of proof is on you, not me.

I think that's what everyone is wondering... why are those numbers even important.

You've provided proof of everyone elses identity except for yours. You got a number I can check you up at? What's your real name even? Spencer's given his, I've given mine. We are both accessible to the public. Seems only one that's hiding something is you.

But its ok to try to call people out. Calling them cowards? Don't have the nutz?

Well, I haven't really seen any outstanding proof of you having any backbone, so I dunno what you're so confused about. You keep saying the same things over and over again and haven't revealed yourself. Yet you won't believe people that have revealed themselves here.

Sorry to everyone who reads this all. But it is frustrating to see "boris" come on the boards and tell us hes not with Spencer.

I highly doubt you are frustrated at anything but being called out for not having a firm position or grasp of what you sound like right now. I doubt you are sorry to anyone and you definitely got things all wrong too. So I dunno, kinda fighting against yourself now.

Where is the proof? And then if someone says something bad. U say its a lie and not true. The n u say, if you dont beleive me, come in and buy toys from me? That proves nothing and people deserve better than that.

Never asked anybody to buy from me. Just letting people know I'm available and in business at a mall. A public place where everyone can actually see me and ask me questions and evaluate for themselves. Something you can't even do. I really doubt you care about what people deserve. Seems like you want nothing more than to have the last word. If it's that important to you, then fine, I don't have proof I'm me. I'm only looking at the reflection of someone that doesn't really exist.

Bottom line. No one knows if u r Spencer. If you are, pretty sad.

Well, nobody knows who you are, so maybe we are all made up people talking to made up people. Infact, I'm actually one robot of many that combine to make a super robot spencer. Since the truth seems ridiculous to you, maybe that will be more believable for your taste.

If u r not, then I question ur business sdense anyway buying a business with such a bad rep. not too smart. If u r in bussiness with him I guess good luck, youll need it it seems, like his other friends and other employees.

Thanks for your concern, but I'd rather not take business advice from someone that has shown such bad acumen on just forum posting.

Well I guess you can keep tag teaming and bullying people on the board now...

Never attacked anyone... from what I recall this whole thing is about you attacking my store name and asking me to prove I'm not Spencer.

Just giving you what you were asking for the truth. If you want I can make up a fake story that matches more of what you had in mind.

darthrage
12-16-2009, 06:46 AM
As someone who is also an entrepreneur, I'm showing my support for a local business owner like Boris. That's why I find some of this back and forth arguing a little bit tiring and ultimately......off topic.

Boris opened the store because he is passionate about the Transformers hobby (likes yourselves) and he came here to look for support and some people here instantly bring him down........what a disgusting attitude.

I know how tough it is to start up a business. I'm having a hard enough time trying to get my company up and running without the people bad mouthing me at the start.

Let's be reasonable here. You're unhappy about what happened in the past, fine, say your words, let the past be the past and move on......no need to lose sleep or get an ulcer over it. I mean, seriously, what is it.....a year ago and this stuff has been dormant??? Come on guys. Its not worth it. Boris explained himself and deserves a chance. This whole bringing up of A3U's past is not fair to Boris and his mention of a fresh new start for the company.

This thread should be locked, the announcement was made, Boris said his piece.

Go transform something

agesthreeandup
12-16-2009, 06:51 AM
Let's be reasonable here. You're unhappy about what happened in the past, fine, say your words, let the past be the past and move on......no need to lose sleep or get an ulcer over it. Its not worth it. Boris explained himself and deserves a chance.

Totally... time to move on. I better get outta here too before I start to believe I don't really exist :P

Next announcement from me will be for new product... not old gripes.

Ginrai
12-16-2009, 07:23 AM
Wow, very long post to say nothing. I'm not attaching my name to a business and assking people to shop with me. I don't need to tell my name. If I did, nobody on this forum would even know who I am.

What's yor point? Prove your not Spencer. If u cant then people can still question why u took a name with such bad reputation.

U want questions instead of speculation? Fine.

Why would Urban Samurai Hobbies open a store to sell mostly your product? makes no sense.

First off... After having been to the store, that's a lot of "rented space". As far as I can tell, the majority of the product in "Urban Samurai" belongs to A3U. Why would you open a store when most of the merchandise you're selling isn't yours?

And to say that Spencer is "just an employee" is like saying that the Prime Minister just signs documents. I highly doubt that he would be satisfied to come in to a place of business a few times a week and sit behind a counter unless he had some sort of stake in it. Especially knowing the backlash he'd get.

Friend of mine went in a got a business card. Urban Samurai on one side and Ages on the other. Sounds like your closer in business than u let on.

What is Spencer's postiion in Urban Samurai? Where is Adrian? Where is Alex? (former owner of Urban) Wasnt Spencer selling Urban Samurai toys in Ages befor eit closed? My firend was told by Spencer that he bought Urban Samurai from Alex.

You start this thread saying u understand why people are mad at Spencer and now u have him backing u up. Wasn't he removed as a sponsor from here or TFW boards bacause of his failure to deliver his preorders or offer refunds?

How dare you say that I'm not a real person? I'm not selling anything. I am not on the boards trying to win trust for my business. u have to prove yoursef with time. But so far u cant answerr any questions with facts. only your word. so i will take it for what it is worth... the reputation yor business has.

Feel bad for u if u didn't know this was coming. But the Ages drama was a pretty big event on the boards last year. Not everybodys goin to forget.

Ginrai
12-16-2009, 07:29 AM
As someone who is also an entrepreneur, I'm showing my support for a local business owner like Boris. That's why I find some of this back and forth arguing a little bit tiring and ultimately......off topic.

Boris opened the store because he is passionate about the Transformers hobby (likes yourselves) and he came here to look for support and some people here instantly bring him down........what a disgusting attitude.

I know how tough it is to start up a business. I'm having a hard enough time trying to get my company up and running without the people bad mouthing me at the start.

Let's be reasonable here. You're unhappy about what happened in the past, fine, say your words, let the past be the past and move on......no need to lose sleep or get an ulcer over it. I mean, seriously, what is it.....a year ago and this stuff has been dormant??? Come on guys. Its not worth it. Boris explained himself and deserves a chance. This whole bringing up of A3U's past is not fair to Boris and his mention of a fresh new start for the company.

Go transform something

if u want to trust, then thats pretty nice of u. But there is only speculation and trust left here. u r right. everything that can be said has been said.

I like that you trust "boris", but u assume his motives are passion for the hobby. but we dont know anything for sure and thats what everyone is talking about. Againthis is what a "new ages" threead is about. and so i dont think it is off topic.

but there is no progress here, maybe it should be locked down. he cant answer with facts and the angry poeple like me can only speculate what is really going on. pretty pointless i guess.

but i wont shop with them and anyone who will and has read this thread is taking a risk. (thats fair right boris? it is a risk)

Pascal
12-16-2009, 10:39 AM
What's yor point? Prove your not Spencer.

Plenty of people here have met Boris in person. You fail.

Cliffjumper69
12-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Wow, I love interwebz drama! :D

At Boris and A3U, I honestly was thinking of giving you guys a try and help out your business. (I need Alternity Cliffjumper) After reading you flame a fan who is angry and upset out in the open and not in PM's or in emails, really turned me off your store. In ALL the manager positions ive had, I learned you NEVER make the customer look like a fool or cut them down to size. If Ginrai was being rude to Spencer or your business, you take the high road not lower yourself to his level. If anything, you treating him with respect will make you look better and help you in the long run. :rolleyes:

This thread has been derailed and I think the Mods should slap a lock on it or clean it up. ;)

CJ

pud333
12-16-2009, 11:18 AM

We have a rightt to ask.

You have a right to ask, but Boris is real, dude. Your "arguments" fail on such a monumental level, it's almost not funny. Almost.

Seriously, you keep saying there's no proof that Boris isn't a front. Yet you have no proof to prove your point. You're making serious accusations about deceit, theft, fraud... all things being equal, with no one having proof, your accusations are the kind that ruin people's lives and livelihood. Boris and Spencer are out in the open, accessible to the public, their personal info has been dragged out into the forums. You? You get to toss mud from behind a user handle, basically keeping to the shadows. It'll be easy for you to just drop your nick (a nick that you just created recently to basically attack Boris on the boards it seems), but Boris can't just change his life. If you're going to make accusations, be a man and put your money where your mouth is, and show us real proof. Proof that can be used in a court of law. Oh wait, you have none. There's nothing you have that shows that Boris isn't a front, because if you had any real evidence, you would have given it up by now. Transparency goes both ways. Boris has a right to face his accuser. If you're so right, you shouldn't be afraid to give your own personal info to face him, right? Have the courage of your convictions.

The internet makes it really easy for dudes like you to throw mud and flame and make baseless accusations. Grow up dude. Put yourself in Boris' shoes if you can. Would you want someone dragging your name through the mud without any proof? No of course not. All I can say to you is:

http://mcaaron.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/full_house_joey_cut_it_out-t-link.jpg

Go transform something

Definitely. I think this thread poses no purpose anymore. Haters making accusations they cannot back up. Even Spencer comes on here and says people can ask him questions, yet most just seem content to yell at him. No point in it. This thread probably should be locked now.

King Benny
12-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Ginrai, I have met Boris in person. He does exist. You can go to Facebook and look him up - he is the admin for the A3U group. His profile photo matches the guy I met at the store.

I can also confirm Alex is still at A3U. He is the first guy I met actually. I can also confirm Spencer is at the store. At first, I wasn't sure if it was him, but Facebook helped me confirm that. :)

I do not know what roles Alex and Spencer play with Urban Samurai, but I do know that when I visit, it is Boris that is doing all the "transformer type work". By that, I mean managing all the inventory and engaging conversations with customers in regards to new products coming in. He is often very busy at the store and to me, looks like the A3U owner. Spencer, if he is there, is often behind the counter - not really involved. He has shared some useful product information to me (I am thankful being a newbie at this hobby), but Boris is the one I communicate the most with and is the person I complete the transaction with.

I agree with those who have expressed that this thread is getting tiresome. I hope we can move on and focus on the new products A3U is and will be supplying.

Ben

jourdo
12-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Yes, people have a right to ask questions, but from an outsiders view right now, I'm not seeing any questions being asked. I see a lot of wild and angry accusations.

Sadly I think all A3U threads are doomed to spiral into what we have here.

Let's think about this for a moment. If these accusations are true, what is there to gain from them? You warn off a few people, but the harm has already been done to youself, and you're out what ever money you're out. Now think about if these accusations are false. You're dragging Boris's name through the mud here and causing him problems that he doesn't deserve and that's wrong.

Not to mention the legal implications of making such false statements. I'm all for the community helping out each other, but without rock solid proof we are doing more harm than good.

Go transform something

Well said! The entertainment value of this thread is dropping and it is just turning sad now. Why not just start a separate "I hate Spencer" thread and be done with it?

Give Boris a chance to prove himself one way or another. If he is genuine, then great! More options for us Canadians. If he is snowing us then we will eventually find out and A3U will be dead once again.

Again, best of luck with this Boris... you've got one hell of an uphill climb to make.

Pascal
12-16-2009, 11:58 AM
In ALL the manager positions ive had, I learned you NEVER make the customer look like a fool or cut them down to size.

In all fairness, I don't think Ginrai is a customer. Just a veeeeeeeeery loud and random troublemaker. If Ginrai was standing in front of him in his store, that would be another story.

Cliffjumper69
12-16-2009, 12:34 PM
In all fairness, I don't think Ginrai is a customer. Just a veeeeeeeeery loud and random troublemaker. If Ginrai was standing in front of him in his store, that would be another story.

Very true Pascal, but from any business standpoint, anyone and everyone is a potential customer ;)

CJ

pud333
12-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Very true Pascal, but from any business standpoint, anyone and everyone is a potential customer ;)

CJ

This is how I look at it. I mean, I just wouldn't bother, but my father would beg to differ. He's a very successful self-made business man, and he's never backed down from a fight.

I work at a financial institution, and we've closed people's accounts down for less. Customer is usually right, but sometimes you get one that is ignorant and beligerant, and they have no right to abuse you. You can't let them bully you around which is what is going on here. At one point, Spencer was the bad guy according to his disgruntled consumers. Now those same people have become the bullies. Doesn't make it right.

Mumps
12-16-2009, 12:58 PM
At Boris and A3U, I honestly was thinking of giving you guys a try and help out your business. (I need Alternity Cliffjumper) After reading you flame a fan who is angry and upset out in the open and not in PM's or in emails, really turned me off your store. In ALL the manager positions ive had, I learned you NEVER make the customer look like a fool or cut them down to size. If Ginrai was being rude to Spencer or your business, you take the high road not lower yourself to his level. If anything, you treating him with respect will make you look better and help you in the long run. :rolleyes:
I dunno. I go through my life with a "treat others as you wish to be treated" attitude. And if somebody treats me like crap, I give it right back to them, because obviously thats how they prefer to be treated. Regardless of position, I am glad to see people holding their ground against a puny internet flamer.

Pascal
12-16-2009, 01:03 PM

CJ

I know, I would probably be a poor businessman. This is probably how I would react (replace "whale" and "dolphin" with "client" and "customer")...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwNvIM2W9Aw

Cliffjumper69
12-16-2009, 01:20 PM
I know, I would probably be a poor businessman. This is probably how I would react (replace "whale" and "dolphin" with "client" and "customer")...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :p

CJ

Delta-Raven
12-16-2009, 03:04 PM

Hah, very nice.

I'm just going to throw my support for Boris (who IS in fact real, and not a front for Spencer/Terminator/component of giant-combining-Spencer) and the new Ages out there. I've been in to the store a few times, and every time the people there have been very friendly and helpful (yes, one time even Spencer).

Perhaps Boris didn't make the greatest business decision in taking over the A3U name, but that was his choice to make. Again, perhaps it was a bad choice to be in the same mall-space as Spencer, but it was his choice to make. Both Boris and Spencer have gone above and beyond what they need to in order to make themselves accessible to us, and the only thing that happened was they had shit thrown at them. Some of us have gone all creepy-stalker-like and still have come up with absolutely no proof that Boris is just a front for Spencer. The burden of proof is on us now, not them.

Spencer did make some god-awful decisions, but that doesn't give you a right to drag Boris, a man who's trying to help us with our beloved hobby, down with him.

At first this thread was really entertaining, but now, quite frankly, it's just a thoroughly depressing look at how blind we as people can be... (granted, the South Park clip lightened it up a bit :P )

I'm throwing my vote in that this thread be closed.