PDA

View Full Version : What will be the first movie shelf warmer?

jourdo
05-22-2007, 02:02 PM
Just curious who you think will be clogging the shelves from the movie line?

Based on numbers, I think deluxe Jazz has a good chance here.

Vader
05-22-2007, 02:11 PM
The deluxe preview figures gets my vote.

soundwaveCA
05-22-2007, 02:30 PM
At this point I could see most of the movie deluxes save maybe Brawl and Barricade warming shelves for quite sometime.

Batman
05-22-2007, 03:23 PM
I would say the protoforms.

y2jversion1
05-22-2007, 04:02 PM
Protoforms are already peg-warmers, followed closely by the Cyber Slammer Bumblebee & Barricade.

IMO it will be non-movie guys like Wreckage, Swindle, Dreadwind and Arcee that will keep the pegs toasty

GMfan
05-22-2007, 05:03 PM
Don't forget ultimate bumblebee...or maybe leader Brawl but after how bad the deluxe arms were someone may want it...

Paradigm-Shift Prime
05-22-2007, 07:25 PM
def the protoforms...eventually I could see voyager Ratchet being one.

StarwarsTF
05-22-2007, 07:41 PM
Bumblebee unleashed..............it's crap!!!!!!! (too high in price) Oh yeah, wreckage/Jazz from dlx line.

Phy
05-22-2007, 07:45 PM
Are those two Ratchets still on the shelf at Sears?

Shepp
05-22-2007, 09:09 PM
you know, they should have had the preview figures on the shelves since like january, intermixed with cybertron and classics deluxes. like one per case asst and only made a limited run of them.

that would have hyped the movie up for a while, and they'd have been highly sought after figures. plus they wouldnt clog the shelves when the regular movie figures came out.

as is, it was like 2 weeks between when i first saw the preview figures and when the movie figures came out. and now, at toys r us they have just as many preview figures as they have of the entire dlx asst. of movie figures. possibly more.

GMfan
05-22-2007, 09:16 PM
I also think the OP voice changer may be one...Vader was why not this one?

RedOktobre
05-22-2007, 11:43 PM
RedOktobre's predictions regarding TF Movie figures ranked from MOST to LEAST popular:

DELUXE
Brawl
Bumblebee
Barricade
Scroponok
Jazz
Protoform Optimus Prime
Bonecrusher
Protoform Starscream
Wreakage
Swindle

REALGEAR
Speed Dial 800
Spy Shot 6
Longview
Power UP VT6
Booster 10

LEGENDS
Bumblebee
Barricade
Jazz
Ratchet

VOYAGER
Starscream
Blackout
Ironhide
Ratchet

LEADER
Optimus Prime
Megatron

Paradigm-Shift Prime
05-22-2007, 11:51 PM
you know, they should have had the preview figures on the shelves since like january, intermixed with cybertron and classics deluxes. like one per case asst and only made a limited run of them.

that would have hyped the movie up for a while, and they'd have been highly sought after figures. plus they wouldnt clog the shelves when the regular movie figures came out.

as is, it was like 2 weeks between when i first saw the preview figures and when the movie figures came out. and now, at toys r us they have just as many preview figures as they have of the entire dlx asst. of movie figures. possibly more.

yeah i agree with that

jourdo
05-23-2007, 12:25 AM
Are those two Ratchets still on the shelf at Sears?

Actually there was only one when I was there last.

chisau
05-23-2007, 12:46 AM
the voice changer helmet. that will be the only thing from the movie i'll buy.

Sokar
05-23-2007, 02:27 AM
Actually there was only one when I was there last.

I got the last one just after you posted that there was one left, and haven't seen another since.

I think ratchet will be a hit for the kids though. The brighter colors and the fact that it's an emergency vehicle should help it win kids over.

QuadESL63
05-23-2007, 12:01 PM
I have just been to Calgary TRU Sunridge yesterday and looked at the wall of the initial 6 movie deluxes at the new TF feature corner... I have never seen so many Deluxes :rolleyes: Not to mention this is not the only place in the same store that have them! Most of them will be shelf warmers for sure :D

Phy
05-23-2007, 01:52 PM
I got the last one just after you posted that there was one left, and haven't seen another since.

I think ratchet will be a hit for the kids though. The brighter colors and the fact that it's an emergency vehicle should help it win kids over.
Maybe. Calgary having had yellow-green fire trucks for years might help him out here.

Team Jetfire
05-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Sears was re-stocked yesterday.

more Blackouts and Ratchets...

As more shelf warmers---cyberstompers will be around for a long time IMO.

agesthreeandup
05-23-2007, 04:59 PM
There is a whole lot of Bumblebees left over at the TRU downstaris. I know the name will sell it eventually but it is such a horrid figure.

Spencer.

BadJeff
05-23-2007, 05:00 PM
the voice changer helmet. that will be the only thing from the movie i'll buy.
Originally this was the last thing i cared for from the movie stuff but after I had a dream about riding my xr50 while wearing it, it's now back on the list.

StarwarsTF
05-23-2007, 05:39 PM
I forgot the robotic Optimus arm!!!! (did anyone mention it) Ohh man shelf warmer here you come LMAO.

QuadESL63
05-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Sears was re-stocked yesterday.

more Blackouts and Ratchets...

As more shelf warmers---cyberstompers will be around for a long time IMO.

South Centre Sears?

Shepp
05-23-2007, 05:59 PM
i might actually pick that one up when it goes on clearance. it shall match the helmet. i definitely wont pick up the starscream one, that really doesnt look that great. but i'm debating about the bumblebee one with the shield.

I forgot the robotic Optimus arm!!!! (did anyone mention it) Ohh man shelf warmer here you come LMAO.

Team Jetfire
05-23-2007, 10:23 PM
South Centre Sears?

Yeah.

I work in the Mall, so I will check sears every once and a while...

QuadESL63
05-24-2007, 12:47 AM
Yeah.

I work in the Mall, so I will check sears every once and a while...

Was trying to see if I can pick up Blackout but they were all gone when I was there @ around 6:30 pm :(

Team Jetfire
05-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Holly crap that was quick.

I will check again on tuesday for you. (when they get their shipment)

RandomFerret
05-24-2007, 02:15 PM
I'm betting it's gonna be deluxe Brawl. That's the only one I've seen stay on the peg.

QuadESL63
05-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Holly crap that was quick.

I will check again on tuesday for you. (when they get their shipment)

Thanks! Yes, it was quick. I didn't plan to get Blackout but when I've read that he goes together with movie Scorponok I have to keep my Scorpy accompanied :D

I think the Deluxes will be peg warmers for along time... they made too many of them. As I have said one of the TRU here in Calgary has a wall of them and then some.

kidkid
05-24-2007, 07:44 PM
For Deluxe Movies...it looks like Jazz will be a shelf warmer. I see a wall of Jazz yesterday when I went to a TRU. I think the transformers game cards will be another shelf warmers...It will eventually die out after the movie or something maybe? Or maybe leader prime will be another one just like classic optimus prime?

RedOktobre
05-25-2007, 02:02 AM
For Deluxe Movies...it looks like Jazz will be a shelf warmer. I see a wall of Jazz yesterday when I went to a TRU. I think the transformers game cards will be another shelf warmers...It will eventually die out after the movie or something maybe? Or maybe leader prime will be another one just like classic optimus prime?

Yeah, I agree with kidkid. I was just at Metrotown TRU in Greater Vancouver. There were A LOT of Jazz figures. Barricade seems to be the most popular one though.

kidkid
05-25-2007, 02:19 AM
Yeah, I agree with kidkid. I was just at Metrotown TRU in Greater Vancouver. There were A LOT of Jazz figures. Barricade seems to be the most popular one though.

Yeah.....I only see 2 Bumblebees, 1 browl and 1 Wreckage at that Toy's r us. Is Jazz really that bad? haha

RedOktobre
05-25-2007, 03:01 AM
Yeah.....I only see 2 Bumblebees, 1 browl and 1 Wreckage at that Toy's r us. Is Jazz really that bad? haha

I only bought Bumblebee, Brawl, and Barricade so far. I wanted to buy Jazz since I liked it.

However, I didn't buy him yet because the other figures were more popular and my gf didn't like it either.

QuadESL63
05-25-2007, 12:56 PM

Sounds like your TRU hasn't put out all of their Deluxe stocks yet :D When I see the "wall" the first thing that came to my mind was, "... there will be a big sales at the end all right..." :p:D

RandomFerret
05-25-2007, 01:29 PM
The only reason Classics Prime has stuck around so long is that it looks tiny in the package.

Leader Movie Prime has no such problem.

GMfan
05-25-2007, 01:38 PM
So true I was if-y on buying classics prime due to his size but the robot mode is much bigger (I think the truck mode looks better without the blaster on the top though)