PDA

View Full Version : Renaming Figures

Shepp
05-19-2007, 10:06 PM
does anyone else give their figures new names, or establish them as a different character entirely? i dont really mean this in the kitbash or repaint sense, just with the figures right out of the box or off of the card.

like cybertron excellion being renamed as rodimus

or shockblast to shockwave

or machine wars megabolt being switched to megatron (as the card and tech spec show megatron actually having megabolt's colours, and vice-versa)

i'm planning on getting deluxe movie wreckage to use as a deluxe scale megatron. the helmet is close enough to buckethead's, and i can disregard the face since few movie toys have proper faces to begin with.

General Tekno
05-19-2007, 10:11 PM
I call my Alternators Meister "Jazz".

And as for Wreckage, let me say that he doesn't look very Megatronny in person. To me, I see him as the Decepticon equivalent of Dinobot.

EDIT: On that note, I now look at Wreckage in that light more closely... The facesculpt would WORK as Dinobot. And he's got the weaponry type to fit the bill.

Shepp
05-19-2007, 10:29 PM
you know, now that you mention it, he does have a very dinobot feel to him. damn, now i need to find some other movie figure to use as a deluxe scale megatron.
i mean, i need something to face of against protoform prime. and no, starscream just wont cut it.

dak
05-19-2007, 10:38 PM
I can't say I change any of my characters names. But i do remember ages ago calling Dinobot "Riptor" cause i thought the name Dinobot, being the same as the team was dumb. I call him dinobot now. lol.

jourdo
05-19-2007, 10:55 PM
I totally do this as well. Alt Decepticharge is Dragstrip to me. Shockblast (Alt/Energon) is no question Shockwave. Whatever character seems to fit the bot is what I tend to go with.

General Tekno
05-19-2007, 11:48 PM
Cyb. Downshift is Wheeljack to me.

I realise he's supposed to be an update of Armada Downshift, who is more of a Wheeljack homage, but the head to me is what makes him Wheeljack.

GMfan
05-20-2007, 12:04 AM
I got way to many to think of since I prepher collected to newer stuff thats an homage to the original G1 characters...loved the charters, hated the toys. The top ones on my list are renaming almost every combiner piece for the Energon line. The combiners being Superion, Bruticus, and Devestator (-mixmaster as there was one extra for the original... he was killed in battle). It's fairly easy to do as many of them are either similar to colour or form of their G1 counterparts. Another few from energon would be Bulkhead being renamed Springer and Cliffjumper being renamed as Sunstorm (due to energon shortage they lost theit ability to triple change :P).

Robimus
05-20-2007, 03:39 AM
Just picked up a two pack of two inch figures named Payload and Accension.
Renamed Payload - Tow-er because of his tow rope and
Assension - Treads because he is a tank.
My four year old daughter and I both remember their names much easier that way.
Of course Shockblast is Shockwave and the legends Rodimus is Hot Rod as well.

GMfan
05-20-2007, 03:52 AM
Ya I made those changes as well

Shockblast => Shockwave
Classic Rodimus => Hot Rod
Energon Downshift => Wheeljack (only reason why they didn't give him this name was for that autobot traitor in armada who took it...why couldn't he be downshift, seems more suiting)

Shepp
05-24-2007, 10:56 PM
well, i've done it. i swapped movie brawl's head with movie wreckage.

so now i have a g2 megatron done in the movie style. pretty sweet.

now i just need to paint the brawl head gray to match wreckage's body and i'll be all set. they both transform fine with the swapped heads too.

Team Jetfire
05-25-2007, 01:19 AM
in all honesty, no.

I have a hard enough time remembering the names that Hasbro gave them.

Shepp
06-21-2007, 09:37 PM
behold: Neo-G2 Megatron!

edit: okay, its a digibash, i'll get picks later.

Protoman
06-21-2007, 11:47 PM
I can't say I change any of my characters names. But i do remember ages ago calling Dinobot "Riptor" cause i thought the name Dinobot, being the same as the team was dumb. I call him dinobot now. lol.

Riptor was also the name of a Killer Instinct character (Fighting game made by Rare/Nintendo during the mid 90s) of the same dino species.

RandomFerret
06-26-2007, 01:54 PM
I'm planning head swaps and repaints of every single one into Beast Wars characters.

Last years' botcon set was just that cool.

Shepp
06-28-2007, 05:25 PM
i've seen a pic done with override repainted into cheetor and i thought it looked better in both robot and vehicle modes than clocker. but then again with the override's mandible-looking vehicle front end, the sculpt would also work very well for blackarachnia.

in that same pic rhinox was using red alert's sculpt, and looked WAY better than landmine's. it had brakedown as rattrap, but i'm not sure which i'd go with.

while you're at it, repaint shortround as scorponok, if only because he's got the claws.

BadJeff
06-28-2007, 05:42 PM
Just for fun I think I should rename Energon SixShot "Energon Big Johnson"