PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Revenge of the Fallen DVD/Blu-Ray Release Guide

dak
10-17-2009, 12:29 AM
This coming Tuesday (Oct. 20, 2009), Transformers Revenge of the Fallen DVD/Blu-Ray will be released at Canadian retail! With the help of everyone who posted, we have created a list of store releases and Exclusives to help you decide which major retailer you would like to buy from. (NOTE: Most of these prices are for the GTA and could very from province to province. Please check your local store flyer) This list will be updated as more info comes in.

Future Shop
Blu-Ray - $27.99 Plus Steel Case (Price 3 Days Only)
DVD - $18.99 (Price 3 Days Only)
DVD (2 Disc) - 28.99
2 Movie Collection (DVD) - $29.99

Best Buy
Blu-Ray - $27.99 Plus The Fallen T-shirt (Price 3 Days Only)
DVD - $18.99 (Price 3 Days Only)
DVD (2 Disc) - $26.99
2 Movie Collection (DVD) - $32.99

Zellers
DVD - $13.49 Plus $10 toy Coupon (Price Tuesday Only After Trade and Save)

Wal-Mart
Blu-ray - $27.93 (Price 3 Days Only)
DVD - $18.47 (Price 3 Days Only)

HMV
Blu-ray - $36.99
DVD - $26.99
DVD 2 Disc - $29.99
DVD 2 Disc with Bumblebee Case - $29.99
2 Movie Collection (Blu-ray) - $62.99 (available 03/11/2009)
2 Movie Collection (DVD) - $34.99

Toys "R" Us
DVD - $19.97 (Price 3 Days Only)

Check out these discussion threads already in progress:
Confused with the different version of the ROTF DVD/Blu-Ray... (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19040)
Futureshop Flyer for ROTF DVD's (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19092)
Best Buy Exclusive ROTF Blu Ray The Fallen T-Shirt (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19091)

UPDATED: 10/19/09

pulsedragon20
10-17-2009, 12:45 AM
So does HMV have the BB case and does Walmart have the "IMAX extra features" exclusive?

down_shift
10-17-2009, 01:46 AM
What do the steel cases look like?

GMfan
10-17-2009, 01:47 AM
does Walmart have the "IMAX extra features" exclusive?

The blu-ray version, yes

Shockwave 75
10-17-2009, 02:20 AM
The blu-ray version, yes
Slag.

Tekkamanraiden
10-17-2009, 08:26 AM
I wonder if North America will see this bonus released.
http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=12565

canprime
10-17-2009, 08:34 AM
Can someone clarify the G1 complete series for me at Best Buy.

It looks to be the Shout Factory set, but only $99?

Is that the price, or is there a required purchase to get that price?

alexsaurus_rex
10-17-2009, 10:31 AM
So does HMV have the BB case and does Walmart have the "IMAX extra features" exclusive?

Don't know about Walmart, but HMV does have the transforming BB case.

Tekkamanraiden
10-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Can someone clarify the G1 complete series for me at Best Buy.

It looks to be the Shout Factory set, but only $99?

Is that the price, or is there a required purchase to get that price?

It's in Best Buys flyer for $99.99. Nothing is the flying stating that you need to buy anything else.

Protoman
10-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Alright so exclusive wise:

HMV - Bumblebee transformed DVD case (2 disc)

Future Shop - Blu Ray version comes with steel case (similar to the Movie 1 2007 Future Shop cases)

Walmart - Blu Ray version at Walmart has Imax scenes (..... I dunno, I don't remember anything NEW in Imax)

Best Buy - With Blu Ray purchase you get a The Fallen T-Shirt.

That's about it for now.

Evan
10-17-2009, 04:43 PM
IMAX on Blu-ray for Walmart, eh? I don't have a Blu ray player yet, but I may as well just get the Blu-ray version as I would be buying TF for Blu-ray again anyway. No point in buying everything twice...unless I want to watch it on Tuesday! I guess I have a few days to decide still.

dak
10-17-2009, 07:33 PM
The blu-ray version, yes

There is nothing in flyer or on the website at the moment that states anything about a special wal-mart Imax version.

dak
10-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Walmart - Blu Ray version at Walmart has Imax scenes (..... I dunno, I don't remember anything NEW in Imax)

same statement as above, and if you youtube both versions (pirated) and compare the forest scene, there is a difference. the images don't line up after a few angles.

Protoman
10-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Hmmm yeah... I guess after work Tuesday I will go get the HMV version...

OptimusNIXX
10-18-2009, 12:13 AM
same statement as above, and if you youtube both versions (pirated) and compare the forest scene, there is a difference. the images don't line up after a few angles.

you serious? I heard the IMAX Wal-Mart version is USA Wal-Mart exclusive... can someone confirm?

if that's the case, I am going to ask my buddy in the states to get it for me... plus, with the recent strong CDN, it may be cheaper AND better to get this exclusive version from the states...

renegade_decepticon
10-18-2009, 02:18 AM
i will be getting the 2 disc special edition at bestbuy which is the most cheapest you could pay for that product and as for my friend he's getting the blu ray version at bestbuy for the fallen t-shirt.

Takao
10-19-2009, 04:04 PM
So we aren't getting the Wal-Mart exclusive "Big Screen Editions"? According to the US site, the "Big Screen Edition" is available on the 2Disc DVD set, the 2Disc Blu-Ray, as well as the single disc DVD.

BadJeff
10-19-2009, 04:14 PM
My guess is that yes, we will see the Big Screen Edition at Walmart. We'll know for sure in the morning.

SimonMK
10-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Big Screen...? Is that the version for those who still use those square TV?

Takao
10-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Big Screen...? Is that the version for those who still use those square TV?

Heh, no. That would be Full Screen.

Big Screen Edition would refer to the Imax cut of the film (two minutes longer...), where at certain points the film has a larger aspect ratio. It's a Wal-Mart exclusive in the US. It's on the 2 Disc Blu-Ray (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=12534009), 1 Disc (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=12534010)DVD, and 2 Disc DVD (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=12534010) (looks like they mixed up the coverart).

tilallr1
10-20-2009, 11:03 AM
FYI ... NO IMAX Walmart edition in Canada. Only US Walmarts are carrying it. So you'll have to import it if you want it.

Please don't waste a trip to Walmart. You'll only be extremely disappointed.

Post your rants (with everyone else) here:

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19040

soundwaveCA
10-20-2009, 11:17 AM
FYI ... NO IMAX Walmart edition in Canada. Only US Walmarts are carrying it. So you'll have to import it if you want it.

Please don't waste a trip to Walmart. You'll only be extremely disappointed.

Post your rants (with everyone else) here:

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19040

Don't see what the big deal is personally it's not like they added any new footage or anything.

Now if it was an exclusive cut of the film that was an hour shorter with the Twins and that Leo clown cut completely out of the film I would be first in line to join in the nerd-rage :p

tilallr1
10-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Don't see what the big deal is personally it's not like they added any new footage or anything.

Now if it was an exclusive cut of the film that was an hour shorter with the Twins and that Leo clown cut completely out of the film I would be first in line to join in the nerd-rage :p

Actually it is a exclusive cut of the film. Albeit only 1 minute and a half. And on course the added IMAX footage, which roughly adds double the picture for the most intense scenes of the movie. Also, the Picture Quality for those scenes kick the crap out of anything yet released on Blu-ray. So all around win-win.

WORTH IT ???

If your a FAN of this film I would say most definitely. If not, its probably a pass.

soundwaveCA
10-20-2009, 11:38 AM
I can understand and respect that people want a definitive edition but personally I dont think the IMAX scene's in the movie really translate that well to a home theater setup anyway. They did the same thing in Batman Dark Knight and while it looked cool in an IMAX theater it was pretty meh watching the same scene's on my TV.

tilallr1
10-20-2009, 11:43 AM
I can understand and respect that people want a definitive edition but personally I dont think the IMAX scene's in the movie really translate that well to a home theater setup anyway. They did the same thing in Batman Dark Knight and while it looked cool in an IMAX theater it was pretty meh watching the same scene's on my TV.

Absolutely agree. For some people and there home theater setups this may be not worth it. It may even be distracting. But personally for me (Since I do Front Projection) it is sooooo worth it. Especially if you have a 16x9 screen. Don't find it distracting at all. Unless you count the gasps everytime IMAX footage shows.

jourdo
10-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Wal-Mart
Blu-ray - $29.83 (Price 3 Days Only)

You can update this to $27.93. Picked mine up this morning for that price.

dak
10-20-2009, 11:51 AM
You can update this to $27.93. Picked mine up this morning for that price.

thanks

Mumps
10-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Being one of the people who absolutely LOVED both movies, I would much rather have the extended cut. I don't care if it's only a minute, it's the version that I saw in Theaters, and thats what I want for my collection.

The fact that this is available means, to me, that no other version of the film is worth buying. I would rather have no movie, than an incomplete one.

tilallr1
10-20-2009, 02:29 PM
Being one of the people who absolutely LOVED both movies, I would much rather have the extended cut. I don't care if it's only a minute, it's the version that I saw in Theaters, and thats what I want for my collection.

The fact that this is available means, to me, that no other version of the film is worth buying. I would rather have no movie, than an incomplete one.

Ditto.

malteselegacy
10-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Alright so exclusive wise:

HMV - Bumblebee transformed DVD case (2 disc)

Future Shop - Blu Ray version comes with steel case (similar to the Movie 1 2007 Future Shop cases)

Best Buy - With Blu Ray purchase you get a The Fallen T-Shirt.

That's about it for now.

With the Tshirt you also get a movie poster. Well worth the price. The tshirt is cool.

Hantei
10-23-2009, 05:12 PM
From today's flyer, Visions will be having a sale on Transformers Revenge of the Fallen. It started yesterday (Oct. 22nd) and ends next Thursday (Oct. 29th).

1 Disc DVD: $18.00
2 Disc DVD: $20.00
Blu-ray: $24.98