PDA

View Full Version : Toys R' Us Back Road Brawl Set Sighted in Canadian Retail

GMfan
10-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Thanks to Sokar for making the first sighting of the Toys R' Us exclusive 2 pack Back Road Brawl in Canadian retail. This set includes a 2007 Longarm repaint into a G1 coloured Hoist (http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/viewthread.php?tid=14620&extra=page%3D1), as well as another G1 colour scheme homage on Mixmaster (http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/viewthread.php?tid=14622&extra=page%3D1) who has a different head from his original release. The set is retailing for $49.99.

See what other Transformers products are being sighted in our Canadian Transformers Sightings forum (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=4).

Sokar
10-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Toys r us has put out the back road brawl 2 pack containing G1-themed repaints of Hoist and Mixmaster.

Hoist is a green/grey repaint of tftm 07 long arm, while mixmaster is a repaint of rotf mixmaster, but with a different head.

The price on these is 49.99$

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a5/soundwav/IMG_0229.jpg

Pascal
10-15-2009, 05:45 PM
Well, if someone wants to split the set, I'm interested in just Hoist.

Team Jetfire
10-15-2009, 06:24 PM
Again with the crazy prices...
50? for somthing that should be no more than 45?

Bleh.

Nocturn
10-15-2009, 07:09 PM
Anyoen in cowtown want to split? I only want hoist (is there an echo in here....)

BadJeff
10-15-2009, 07:22 PM
I think someone in BC saw these a couple days ago
I bought a set today. Like the figures but sure don't feel like i got any bit of a deal..

Tech Spec
10-15-2009, 07:24 PM
This set was sighted over the weekend at TRU Metrotown. I just got my set.... anyone interested in the Mixmaster? he's still on twist ties :p

Pascal
10-15-2009, 07:38 PM
Sounds like everyone here is going to buy a $50 Hoist... ;)

Prowl_2009
10-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Sounds like it. ;)

jackalprime
10-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Again with the crazy prices...
50? for somthing that should be no more than 45?

Bleh.

29.99 + 15.99 = 45.98

$3.01 discrepancy. lame. really really lame. this set should be $39.99 if they expect to move it. Future shelf warmer like Whirl and Bludgeon

Tech Spec
10-15-2009, 07:50 PM
I had some ROC figs I got as gifts during the summer and return them to TRU for credit. Ended up paying $42 after taxes, isn't too bad on the wallet I guess.

pulsedragon20
10-15-2009, 11:59 PM
I think Hasbro is getting stupider...deluxe+voyager =$50 and not $45/$46? ...guess the new paint job (and palstic) costs about $4-$5 extra

shelf warmer...

TFtoys
10-16-2009, 12:45 AM
I am really lost interest in the repaint set....
unless the Hoist is repaint from the "final stand" with the Fox's figure sitting in....

jackwacko
10-16-2009, 02:09 AM
Yet another shelfwarming overpriced pack... I still see those Masters of Metallikotos even after that sale.. Gathering at the nemesis has that crap megatron and $75 isn't gonna help, and the only reason one would buy this set is for that Hoist... at $50....

TheLogicalProwl
10-16-2009, 02:56 AM
As much as I like these two figures (yes, even Mixmaster). I too smell another shelfwarmer. Will buy at $35, and may even jump at $39.

I can say one thing. My local TRU has not moved one Whirl/Bludgeon or Nemesis set. What were they thinking?

Icetron
10-16-2009, 03:55 AM
Hmm I thought this was reported already but guess not. I'm actually not really interested in either, easy pass for me!

jackwacko
10-16-2009, 04:20 AM
In TRU Richmond over here, even leader Megs and Prime are kinda shelfwarming.. and those are actually good figures.. Wouldn't it have been smarter to get rid of those guys? Who take up a lot of shelf space.. literally.. Honestly i would buy that Leader Prime for $40.. even $45.. But these stupid sets can go burn... I don't see any reason of them, getting a new mold from them might have helped, but NOOO let's just repaint EVERYTHING... Shoving that crap Megatron doesn't do that $75 pack any good. Mixmaster is decent, but with that freak-show of a head... definate turn off and another Shelfwarmer.. Heck my friend returned his Metalikotos set after one day.. and he got it as a fricken gift...

jackalprime
10-16-2009, 09:15 AM
In TRU Richmond over here, even leader Megs and Prime are kinda shelfwarming.. and those are actually good figures.. Wouldn't it have been smarter to get rid of those guys? Who take up a lot of shelf space.. literally.. Honestly i would buy that Leader Prime for $40.. even $45.. But these stupid sets can go burn... I don't see any reason of them, getting a new mold from them might have helped, but NOOO let's just repaint EVERYTHING... Shoving that crap Megatron doesn't do that $75 pack any good. Mixmaster is decent, but with that freak-show of a head... definate turn off and another Shelfwarmer.. Heck my friend returned his Metalikotos set after one day.. and he got it as a fricken gift...

Leader megs is a known shelf warmer anywhere, im surprised you actually see prime floating around. these sets that have come out are simply not going to sell. parents wont shell out 60 to 80 bucks with tax for these packs. Not when they can buy a few scouts for 10 a piece, and then a voyager on top or a couple deluxes. Adults (and collectors) want the most for their bucks (at least I do) and these sets are too over priced for that "wow! look at this!" impulse purchase for collectors and that birthday gift for a son or daughter.

Scrapper6
10-16-2009, 09:36 AM
We have the popularity of the first film and the scaricity caused by underestimating said popularity in toy sales for these jumped up prices on exclusive items, not Hasbro's fault, I'd wager. Unless they're dictating what the prices should be, but I always thought TRU, Wal-Mart, Whatever had the final say on their pricing for exclusive items?

Anyway, unless I became a millionaire over night, I wouldn't fitter away my hard earned cash on two figures that are repaints, and are priced higher than the combination of a single boxed Voyager and single carded Deluxe. I'll just save my cash for BOGO at Superstore, at least there I know I'm getting a deal, even with the higher price point for the deluxe figures. :(:rolleyes:

chans formers
10-16-2009, 10:04 AM
Sounds like everyone here is going to buy a $50 Hoist... ;)
sounds like you're right. wtf hasbro?even the first movie scorponok/blackout set was only 39.99,and even then that was kinda pricey but worth it for 2 new figs.this set,most guys just want hoist but not at 50 bones!!! it's easier and cheaper just to make our own hoist from strong arm.weak sauce hasbro....total weak sauce:(the only way they can fix this screw up is to package hoist as a "single" deluxe.(keep your fingers crossed boys:confused:)

Prowl_2009
10-16-2009, 10:12 AM
Welcome to the next shelfwarmer everyone. This set is just going to go the way of the Masters of Metaliko set. I really don't understand what Hasbro's deal is, what's with the price inflation? $50 for this? Don't get me wrong, I really want this set, but $50 is very steap and these will only sit gathering dust and waiting for a sale to clear them out. It's sad really. I don't really know what the boys at Hasbro were thinking. :(

Pascal
10-16-2009, 10:19 AM
I think the extra money is used to stuff Bay's mattress.

Goaliebot
10-16-2009, 10:46 AM
I would guess that TRU sets this price, not Hasbro? Just a guess.

jourdo
10-16-2009, 10:49 AM
I think Hasbro is getting stupider...deluxe+voyager =$50 and not $45/$46? ...guess the new paint job (and palstic) costs about $4-$5 extra

shelf warmer...

Does Hasbro set the prices? I was under the impression that TRU is gouging here and not Hasbro. Either way, I see this sitting around for a while.

Matrix_Holder
10-16-2009, 10:51 AM
sounds like you're right. wtf hasbro?even the first movie scorponok/blackout set was only 39.99,and even then that was kinda pricey but worth it for 2 new figs.this set,most guys just want hoist but not at 50 bones!!! it's easier and cheaper just to make our own hoist from strong arm.weak sauce hasbro....total weak sauce:(the only way they can fix this screw up is to package hoist as a "single" deluxe.(keep your fingers crossed boys:confused:)

that's the only way I'll get the figure, I think that the mixmaster is ass, even in G1 colours. If they don't sell Hoist off as a deluxe single i'll not be getting him.

chans formers
10-16-2009, 10:52 AM
shall we start taking bets? i give it a week and a half before someone finds one of these sets on the shelf, returned but with hoist switched out for strongarm or some other bot that's actually green in color.

Autobot Hound
10-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Im sure it's a good deal for some. But to me....majority of there ROTF 2-packs & 3-packs figs are quite disappointing. I usually just want 1 of the figs in the pack. But this new pack does look a bit more promising.

Autobot Hound
10-16-2009, 01:09 PM
shall we start taking bets? i give it a week and a half before someone finds one of these sets on the shelf, returned but with hoist switched out for strongarm or some other bot that's actually green in color.

hehehehe ya just a matter of time before someone puts up a pic of that!! "Another Walmart thread" i love those.

wat would be great if someone was clever enough to swap them for the G1 KO versions!!! Now that id pay to see!!

Batman
10-16-2009, 01:15 PM
I would be all over this for $39.99. Mixmaster is cool, but I would totally have to do a head swap with someone. If it goes on sale I would buy it.

I think Hoist was a poor choice to package with this guy, they should have put a green/purple Rampage instead and sold Hoist on his own because I think he would have been pretty popular with both fans and kids.

Stapler
10-16-2009, 02:03 PM
I really don't think I'll be picking this set up. Don't get me wrong, they both look good and Mixmaster's new head sculpt is nice if a little on the cute side.
... You know, I think that Mixmaster mold with that head sculpt would be pretty cool if he were coloured as a Junkion. The alt-mode looks kinda similar to a garbage truck, so why not make him an ROTF Wreck-Garr?:)

generalblast
10-16-2009, 11:06 PM
This "Toys R" Us Exclusive- Back Road Brawl" is not really that bad. Hoist looks pretty good actually. Mixmaster is not that horrible, even if he is horrible.

But look on the bright side, at least the price.. Oh yeah, there is not really a bright side to this set at all. :(

jackwacko
10-16-2009, 11:44 PM
Here's an idea TRU if they wanna get rid of all the crap packs. Buy one $50 dollar pack, get one half off... I don't see any other choices.. The pack is okay.. because I personally don't have neither molds.. but isn't something i'd scream like a little girl for.

EASE
10-17-2009, 09:52 AM
Hoist is cool,but i could really use the Mixmaster,even with the ugly head.:) But not for that price.:(

SMOG
10-25-2009, 09:43 AM
Yeah, the price is total bullshit. What's the point of a 2-pack of repaints if you're forced to buy both figures, paying MORE for each one?

I mean, where's our incentive? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

zmog

Prowl_2009
03-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Anyone seeing these in the stores anymore? My local Toys R Us in Newmarket has been out of them for quite a bit and I only ever saw the set once when I was there. :confused:

CBII
03-15-2010, 03:43 PM
I haven't seen them at any of the Edmonton TRU stores in a long time now.

Prowl_2009
03-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Bummer, I was really hoping to get my hands on that Exclusive Hoist. :(