PDA

View Full Version : Transformers RoTF Sales at Real Canadian Superstore

Code of Honor
10-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Real Canadian Superstore is currently having a sale on Transformers Revenge of The Fallen figures. First it's a Buy One Get One free with a coupon from the RCSS flyer on RoTF Deluxe toys. Next is 25% off select RoTF figures, check you local store to see exactly whats available.

Check out the flyer at http://www.superstore.ca/

Goaliebot
10-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Starting Friday Real Canadian Superstore (might be Ontario only, check superstore.ca for your province) will be having a sale as follows:

Flyer available now at http://www.superstore.ca/

- Coupon in the flyer for Buy One Get One (free) on ROTF Deluxes. Price $16.99 each, savings of $16.99 (on the second one, with coupon).

- Prices "rounded down" on "assorted select Transformers", save up to 25%, now starting at $8 (scouts maybe?). Picture shows a deluxe Sideswipe and a Gravity Bot, though that's confusing if Deluxes are rounded down given the coupon deal indicating that Deluxes are $16.99, which is their reg price there... (yay confusing flyers!). If you want to get really saucy and check item codes, the item codes in this sale are 537352, 666264, and 771121.

More on the BOGO coupon:

Ironically the coupon shows a picture of a FAB Prime, but it clearly says deluxe figures.

Coupon fine print:
FREE buy 1 Transformers Revenge of the Fallen deluxe figure and get 1 FREE
with this coupon and the purchase of 1 Transformers-2 Deluxe figure we will deduct from your total the retail value of the article & add sales tax (if applicable) on the retail value without coupon. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. One coupon per family purchase. Coupon effective from Friday October 16, until closing Thursday October 22, 2009 & cannot be combined with any other coupon offer. No rainchecks, no substitutions. No refund or exchange on free items. Coupon has no cash value. 821627 $16.99 value
select Transformers Revenge of the Fallen deluxe figures 695230.

jacobot
10-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Now that's a good B:)G;)

JSon
10-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Nothing on the one for Alberta :( Though it is this weeks flyer, so maybe when the next one comes out...

3rdStryk3
10-15-2009, 01:15 PM
This sale is also available in select Loblaws (Ontario and Quebec) and Maxi's (Quebec).

Black Cat
10-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Ugh, and me without my employee discount. X(

BeeBoy29
10-15-2009, 04:01 PM
this sale is so much better then tru's sale
gonna try and pickup thrust and gears if i can

Robimus
10-15-2009, 04:12 PM
I'll check this out. Superstore has had a couple excellent BOGO's this year.:)

Icetron
10-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Waaaay better than the TRU one, maybe I can find 2 deluxes I want. Great price!

jackalprime
10-15-2009, 05:46 PM
is this Loblaws supercentre? or is that a differerent chain

jackalprime
10-15-2009, 05:51 PM
looked at Loblaws supercentre for this deal but cant find it on the online flyer

Goaliebot
10-15-2009, 11:02 PM
I wonder if they'll let me return and re-buy Arcee (unopened) to get a second deluxe with the coupon? If I give it a try I'll post an update.

Benzo
10-15-2009, 11:10 PM
I think this would be a good time for me to finally buy Arcee and Chromia :)

Cheers Ian
10-15-2009, 11:51 PM
I wonder if they'll let me return and re-buy Arcee (unopened) to get a second deluxe with the coupon? If I give it a try I'll post an update.

I'm sure they will. I used to work at Zehrs (Superstore/Loblaws afiliate) and they were pretty leanient with returns.

If they won't allow it, ask for the Manager. Just state that you are an Loyal customer and you'll pretty much get whatever you want.

But you didn't hear this from me...

Cheers!
-Ian

Cheers Ian
10-15-2009, 11:52 PM
is this Loblaws supercentre? or is that a differerent chain

It's the Great Canadian Superstore, owned by Loblaws, but they have their own sales and specials that differ from Loblaws/Zehrs/Fortinos

Cheers!
-Ian

TFtoys
10-16-2009, 12:37 AM
Nothing on the one for Alberta :( Though it is this weeks flyer, so maybe when the next one comes out...
different zone might have different week of sales. Mine superstore still has "this week"'s sale until Friday. So the new flier might be starting on Saturday in some zones?

CobraCommander
10-16-2009, 06:40 AM
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/6684/loblaws.jpg

Tekkamanraiden
10-16-2009, 08:04 AM
Well I know where I'm going first thing this morning. Thanks CobraCommander.

CobraCommander
10-16-2009, 09:46 AM
NP, I just came back from the Weston Rd location this morning and picked up Arcee and Swerve.

3rdStryk3
10-16-2009, 10:53 AM
So, I just got back from two different Loblaws. The first one I went to didn’t have any ROTF deluxes (or didn’t put them out yet). So, I asked an employee if they were some where else in the store and she said she’d go ask someone from the toy department. She returned saying that they’re not sure if have them but they did get a new shipment of stock in the back that hadn’t been sorted. Then she suggested I go down the street to another Loblaws and try there. Now, knowing from previous experiences and researching online before heading out; I knew that the store she was directing me to had a different flyer (well, basically the same flyer minus the page with the coupon). So I asked her if the store down the street would honour the coupon. To which she replied, “Why not? Loblaws is Loblaws”. Then I explained to her they had a different flyer down the street. She didn’t realize this and was sure it was the same saying only Superstores have different flyers. Not wanting to waste my time arguing, I decided to give it a try; thinking that even if they didn’t have the coupon in their flyer down the street as long as the regular price was $16.99 I could probably get a way with it. However, to my surprise at the second store the regular price had a tag of $17.49, thinking to myself may be it will scan at $16.99 I picked up an Arcee and Swerve and proceeded to the cashier. Now, at the cashier I presented the coupon and explained to her that I was a bit concerned because the price tag was $17.49 and not $16.99. So at this point she asked the cashier at the customer service desk to do a quick price check before she would scan the first item. And guess what? It scanned at $17.79 (in hindsight I probably should have pointed out the error and got $10 off, but I digress). Anyhow, the customer service clerk knew right away that the coupon was from the bigger store and explained that the coupon does not apply to their store (I didn’t ask why, so I don’t know, if someone can explain please do). Now, I probably could have argued, but, like I said I kinda already knew the outcome before trying and I was in a rush anyway. In the end, I didn’t put up much of a fight and left without the toys. However, I did have a short chat with the cashier explaining that the store down the street told me to come here and she said they’re idiots and should’ve known better. So the moral of the story, if you’re going out today looking for this deal, go to a bigger Loblaws that carries a lot of general merchandise. Or better yet check the destination store's flyer online before you waste your time going there.

TFtoys
10-16-2009, 12:33 PM
BC Approval !
but check the date of the sales though. http://www.superstore.ca/west/thisWeeksFlyer.aspx
different flyer layout but the same deal~
Oct 17.

venksta
10-16-2009, 02:38 PM
BC Approval !
but check the date of the sales though. http://www.superstore.ca/west/thisWeeksFlyer.aspx
different flyer layout but the same deal~
Oct 17.

Thanks for the heads up! :D

Scrapper6
10-17-2009, 11:10 AM
I have no clue who I should get. I don't want Thrust right now, that's for sure since I already have Breakaway and would prefer unique molds only until my budget get's bigger.

That being said, if they don't have any Decepticons in stock I can only get Autobots, and I'm not 100% sure if I just want Autobots.

Oh well, I'm sure once I check every single Deluxe in stock I'll have a rough idea of who's coming home with me to join my limited display.

To be honest, I'm so hung up on Lego collecting I'm not sure why I'm even buying TFs. Then again, I still like Transformers, that hasn't changed. It's just my collector's mindset that's a little one-track minded at the moment. :rolleyes: You know how it is, if you're a multiple toyline collector like me, who sticks to collecting one toyline at a time, changing your collection patterns once every couple of years. Or maybe you don't know how it is? :confused:

Alexander Quinn
10-17-2009, 01:04 PM
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/6684/loblaws.jpg

Strangely, my local flyer didn't have this page in it at all. Doesn't show up on the online version for my store either. It's nice to know that Superstore's philosophy apparently is screw the suburbs. :(

JSon
10-17-2009, 01:14 PM
different zone might have different week of sales. Mine superstore still has "this week"'s sale until Friday. So the new flier might be starting on Saturday in some zones?

Yeah they were just slow on updating their flyer. We are good to go in Edmonton!

Benzo
10-17-2009, 01:16 PM
Strangely, my local flyer didn't have this page in it at all. Doesn't show up on the online version for my store either. It's nice to know that Superstore's philosophy apparently is screw the suburbs. :(

print that page out and see if you can use the coupon

Sun Swipe Prime
10-17-2009, 09:27 PM
print that page out and see if you can use the coupon

I think that should work.

FYI the Super Store by one get one fee Coupon can also be used on other figures if one of the two that you get is a ROTF figure. For example I got ROTF Arcee and and Animated Blurr by using the coupon. Just bring the figures up to the cashier and ask them if the coupon works with the two figures and they'll try it out, and it should work. I did it twice at different stores so it should work for everywhere. But don't use the self check out it won't work there.

pandaprime
10-17-2009, 09:41 PM
FTW!

http://eflyerwest.superstore.ca/cached_banner_pages/Coupon.aspx?CID=http://rcsswest.flyerservices.com/cached_images/coupons/2710f4a0-8b80-4f74-912c-52c32b188f58.gif

jackwacko
10-18-2009, 01:52 PM
I think that should work.

FYI the Super Store by one get one fee Coupon can also be used on other figures if one of the two that you get is a ROTF figure. For example I got ROTF Arcee and and Animated Blurr by using the coupon. Just bring the figures up to the cashier and ask them if the coupon works with the two figures and they'll try it out, and it should work. I did it twice at different stores so it should work for everywhere. But don't use the self check out it won't work there.

Good tip.. Will try that out.. except the Superstore in Richmond only has lockdowns.. and i already have the blazing version. Oddly they have a few ROTF soundwaves, BBs, lots of Swerves(kids don't dig pink cars..) but no RC.. Oh and lots of scalpels O_O