PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Leader Class Prime

devilsknight
05-18-2007, 12:53 PM
I've been searching desperately around Brampton for leader class prime and have yet to find him. I wanted to know what is like...is it worth the $

Thanks !

dak
05-18-2007, 01:05 PM
He's pretty cool. More or less accurate with the movie. Paint apps are great, minus a few details on various area's. Chrome could have been used on certain parts, but the color chosen is alright. and the Automorph feature for his head and feet are both really cool. The only down side I have with him is, while he's looking so great with the detail and transformation, His scale to the rest of the bots it way off. So, if you're into detail and cool transformation, Go for Leader Prime, if you like to pose your characters together on your shelf as a team, wait for Voyager Prime. but if you're Insane, like me, and just want all primes, go for both.

One thing that I like on this prime better than Voyager Prime is the lack of a huge backpack, which is really nice when going for accuracy.

Shepp
05-18-2007, 09:24 PM
as is on my shelves scale has pretty much gone out the window, so leader class prime shall be a welcome addition.

lars573
05-18-2007, 11:58 PM
Thoughts on leader class prime???

http://www.acc.umu.se/~zqad/cats/1174329819-415285564_7c0ccc29e4.jpg

Nuff said!

Synch
05-19-2007, 04:00 AM
I'm thinking that target exclusive prime will be the best movie prime so far

General Tekno
05-19-2007, 12:32 PM
From the pics I've seen, the leader-class looks best. Just because he doesn't have half the truck on his back.

And as for the Target one , I honestly prefer the standard colors on that Voyager mold better.

Shepp
05-19-2007, 12:36 PM
i agree, mainly for the metallic finish. if i can find it cheap, i'll get it. but i'll more than likley get the canadian voyager class release instead. without the target paint scheme. it'll be much easier for me to find. but i'll still be getting leader class prime too. i'm all for more detailed transformations and bigger figures in general. even though they create space constraints.

to be honest, i cant really see many parents buying leader prime for their kids when there's a cheaper version of the exact same figure right next to it. are they to be released in the same wave?

GMfan
05-19-2007, 03:02 PM
I like leader class prime but there is always room for improvement. I gave him 9/10 on another thread so I will here.

jourdo
05-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Just opened this bad boy up tonight. HOLY CRAP!

Let's start with the alt mode. Very nice detailing. The bot mode is hidden very well here. The truck horn sounds are actually quite fun. This is one of the first Prime's that really does not look naked without the trailer.

The bot mode is amazingly detailed. I love how the his weapon is built into to robot mode. Posing is good. I can't complain about the paint-aps overall -- still not a fan of the flames, but they work. Chrome would have been nice, but really does not take away from the figure. A little more neck and wrist articulation would have been nice, but do not really hinder Prime overall. The automorph features work fairly well. Seeing as I plan to pick up very few movie toys, the scale does not bother me.

He's big... He's Prime... Does anything else matter?

Overall, I'd go 9/10. The drawbacks are minor at best, and do not really take away from the figure. I would say this guy could give MP Prime a run for his money.

General Tekno
05-19-2007, 11:56 PM
Voyager Prime is Wave 3 of the Voyagers.

So the kiddies will already have the Leader Class by then.

lars573
05-20-2007, 01:57 PM
to be honest, i cant really see many parents buying leader prime for their kids when there's a cheaper version of the exact same figure right next to it. are they to be released in the same wave?
The only kids that will get leader prime are rich kids and spoiled kids.

-KG-
05-20-2007, 02:12 PM
I got him a couple of weeks ago and he's great! Really nice looking alt mode and quite heavy. I found the transformation to be challenging as well. He's beside my MP-01 and looks great. The only thing is side by side you can tell he can use some chrome...

devilsknight
06-25-2007, 08:10 AM
I finally gave in over the weekend and bought him, brother gave me a choice for my bday him or Revoltech Megs (plus I just got leader class Megs so I needed someone to balance the scales)

I must say it's quite the toy. Not my fav prime but it's up there in my Top 3 !

It's heavy I noticed too in truck mode...but it's all good.

Nyghtwynd
06-25-2007, 12:28 PM
I wonder when someone will make a trailer for him?

Does he even use a trailer in the film?

Shepp
06-25-2007, 05:16 PM
man, with a trailer that would be one massive figure. folded out that thing would be like a minicon airport.

jacobot
06-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Bought him last week on sale and had to wait til end of school today to give to my kid as a grad present from grade 1. All I know is I'm sitting there looking at the instructions and the kid is transforming him into truck mode no questions asked. Much more complicated and intricate than Cybertron version ( realistic). I hope it will be able to take the same punishment.

RedOktobre
06-28-2007, 12:35 AM

I like both primes, but I like the (Voyager) Robo-Vision Prime more because:
1. easier to play with due to smaller size
2. easier to pose and display due to smaller size
3. double "projectile" weapons
3a. I love projectile weapons
3b. TWO projectile weapons :rolleyes:
3c. not many figures have TWO projectile weapons
4. easier to buy 2 due to lower price (1 to play; 1 for MISB)
Unfortunately, the following disappoints me a little:
1. Backpack
2. Leader has a better head.

yuppa
06-28-2007, 12:45 AM
I recently picked up leader prime..
WOW what an awesome figure.
my favorite , 10/10

RandomFerret
06-30-2007, 02:25 AM
After seeing the movie, I really wish they'd given the toy a mouth. It just doesn't seem like movie prime without a mouth