PDA

View Full Version : Submit your Questions now for Cyberton.ca's Hasbro Transformers Q&A for October

GMfan
09-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Its that time again for another Hasbro's Transformers questions and answers session!

Questions are due Monday, October 5th, 2009 so submit now!

Jefro
09-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Previously Hasbro stated this...

2) Will Masterpiece Skywarp and or the last Animated figures (Arcee, Rodimus) be released in Canada? If so will they be exclusives to a particular retailer?
Specifically to the Canadian market, Masterpiece Skywarp will be available at Walmart this fall.
As for the remaining Animated figures, similar to the U.S. market, we have full intentions of releasing these figures at some point in time. However, we are unsure yet if these will be mainline or exclusive items and their exact shipping date.

So more or less, they said we would see the Animated stuff and they were just unaware of the date.

Talking to Hasbro Canada at AFX they don't think the last wave of Animated voyagers as well as the Universe voyagers more then likely won't be making it up here.

Now at the Action Figure Expo they claim we probably wont be getting them.

So my question is how about a solid, truthful answer. Will Canada be seeing the Animated Acree & Rodimus Minor or not. Don't care about a date but they should know for a fact whether we will see them up here or not.

GMfan
09-27-2009, 02:16 PM
That was regarding Wreck-gar and Atomic Lugnut, I'm pretty sure we'll be getting the new stuff that has yet to hit any shelf

KBlurr
09-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Why haven't the Transformers Animated Wave 6 Voyagers (which consists of Atomic Lugnut and Wreck-Gar) and the RoadBuster Ultra Magnus leader figure been released in Canada yet? And will the remaining unreleased Animated Figures such as Arcee and Rodimus follow the same fate?

Retread
09-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Has the developement cycle ended for ROTF? If no, are there still new molds in the works, or is it just repaints and retailer specific requests?

Aernaroth
09-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Why haven't the Transformers Animated Wave 6 Voyagers (which consists of Atomic Lugnut and Wreck-Gar) and the RoadBuster Ultra Magnus leader figure been released in Canada yet? And will the remaining unreleased Animated Figures such as Arcee and Rodimus follow the same fate?

I'm pretty sure I saw Roadbuster Ultra Magnus in Canada, but that was at a comic shop, and thus could have been brought in from the US.

My question is, will hasbro be continuing the practice of marketing several transformers lines at once (Movie, Animated, Universe, Crossovers), or will see a focus on a single toyline for the brand in the future?

How are case distributions decided?

Cheers Ian
09-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Questions:

1) When can we expect an annoucement concerning the newest non-movie focused Transformers line and/or a new animated series

2) Will the recent Hasbro Sketchbook ever be available in some form for purchase?

Cheers!
-Ian

Benzo
09-27-2009, 03:52 PM
1) when can we expect a release of Transformers Animated Season 3 on DVD?

2) is there still a chance we can see a release of these Robot Heroes, Ricochet vs. Predaking and Tigatron vs. Inferno since they've been released in the UK?

3) will we see a North American release of ROTF Buster Optimus Prime?

Robimus
09-27-2009, 04:00 PM

Atomic Lugnut has been seen on Canadian toy shelves at Superstore(Loblaws).

Alexander Quinn
09-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Q.) Will North America see a repaint of the ROTF Leader Optimus Prime in a paint scheme simuliar to the Japanese Amazon DVD exclusive? (I so want that figure!)

GMfan
09-27-2009, 06:22 PM
Just a reminder,

Hasbro will not answer questions about specific character toys
EX: "Is there going to be a Leader whoever?" or "Are we getting a Movie Ultra Magnus toy?"

They also cannot confirm or deny any upcoming products.

This is an opportunity to find out about the behind the scenes creative process, the thoughts, decisions and the people involved with Transformers.

generalblast
09-27-2009, 06:25 PM
1). "NEST Global Alliance" subline from the Revenge of the Fallen line has some interesting new molds. Other than the comfired new molds for this line, will we see any more new molds made or is it going to be mostly repaints?

2). Will there be anymore new sublines? I want to see the return of an old subline from the Movie toyline, like Premium Class. (I don't know if it is successful or not, but it will be nice.)

3). Why is Canada always get stock much later than other countries or states, like America? For example, Wave 5 Voyagers. They've been released over a month from now and still not sighted. I would like to see figures released much faster here.

4). Why are some special figures, like Buster Prime or the last Movie toyline Black Arcee from the Takara Tomy line, isn't released here? I would like to see a figures from a country across the sea or even from the States, like Jolt from the Movie toyline, appear here in Canada. We would like to get things that other countries or states can get that we can't get before.

If you're not going to answer Questions 1-4, even if I hope you do:

5). How long does it take, for example, Deluxe Dirge from the Revenge of the Fallen toyline, to design a figure, plan it, confirm the design, and make it out? Be more specific, how long does it take to make a new mold from planning and designing to finishing the product?

6). Does it take a long time to figure out the right spots to put the ball joints etc. so it can transform and move freely, like the knees or elbows? How many people does it takes when thinking about this and putting it into action?( Like testing out the figure)

7). Does it take a lot of thinking when writing bios for each and every figure?

justprime
09-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Hello Hasbro
1: I would like to know if the rest of animated figures are going to show up in Canada arcee rodimus etc?
2: Why does it seem we are 1to3 months behind the U.S. in respect to Releases of the Transformers line of new toys?
3:Will there be a new Transformers cartoon in the near futuren to fill the void by animateds demise?
Thank you

KBlurr
09-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Just a reminder,

EX: "Is there going to be a Leader whoever?" or "Are we getting a Movie Ultra Magnus toy?"

This is an opportunity to find out about the behind the scenes creative process, the thoughts, decisions and the people involved with Transformers.

Was my question one of those examples?

Stapler
09-27-2009, 10:09 PM
-What kind of process is used for devising obscure/unlikely repaints? Are possible repaints planned in advance when a mold is being developed? Do employees submit their ideas for the more obscure/brilliant repaints that are made?-

Universe Ratbat is a good example of an ingenious repaint that I doubt was planned when the mold was being developed. So I'm just really curious of how that happens. :)

Robimus
09-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Just a reminder,

I find these both interesting being that the Star Wars wing of Hasbro is constantly addressing both styles of questions.

For instance in the last Q&A they mentioned that they have plans to include three of the Ewok characters from The Ewok Adventure when questioned about upcoming Ewok toys.

As well they stated that a new Wookiee figure was in the plans for 2011, and other similar things.

I read new info about specific characters every Q & A, and frankly its what keeps me interested in those Q&A's.

I guess my question is, if they can't give any specific answers to fan questions about characters or upcoming product, whats the point?

Pascal
09-28-2009, 12:36 AM
We got Star Wars Transformers, then Marvel Transformers... will we see GI Joe Transformers?

Aernaroth
09-28-2009, 12:55 AM
There has been an increasing use of trademarked names from one line in others (Transformers names in GI Joe, GI Joe names in Transformers, Visionaries names in Transformers... etc). Is this done to protect the trademark, to save on having to purchase a new trademark, some mixture of the two, or another reason entirely?

pandaprime
09-28-2009, 01:03 AM
There has been an increasing use of trademarked names from one line in others (Transformers names in GI Joe, GI Joe names in Transformers, Visionaries names in Transformers... etc). Is this done to protect the trademark, to save on having to purchase a new trademark, some mixture of the two, or another reason entirely?

Visionaires names in Transformers? :confused:

and my question would be how is Hasbro encouraging Canadian retailers to carry more (order more?) stock of Transformers?

Traxxas
09-28-2009, 02:51 AM
Hi ,
Does Hasbro have plans to officially re-release the extremely popular G1 form factor Dinobots in their original glory??

To support this question / request, hasbro only need to look at the very popular Takara MP Grimlock.

Thank you, G1 Transformer fan,
Chris Barwig

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
09-28-2009, 10:51 AM
how many transformers figures are made a day?

Beechy
09-28-2009, 01:23 PM
What goes into designing a new transformer?

How do you decide what vehicles would make transformers?

MeisterJ4zz
09-28-2009, 02:53 PM
1) How come some of the deluxe robot modes doesn't meet at the same height? Take for instance the Universe 2.0 line that had Sunstreaker and Prowl robot modes in the same height range while Ironhide and Hound were shorter when they could be just as tall. So during the production process, are their robot mode heights even put into consideration or ignored?

2) Will the next US-released Masterpieces get chrome parts?

Matrix_Holder
09-28-2009, 05:22 PM
1) what are your plans to improve on quality control on your figures during design and manufacturing , ie the backwards knees on ROTF combiner silverbolt and universe Ironhides robot mode doesn't transform correctly to make his head line up right.

2) why offer exclusives to a store like zellers that is constantly gouging customers with the price of their transformers exclusive figures.

3) any plans to rerelease figures that have not been available in canada such as classics devastator?

Aernaroth
09-28-2009, 06:50 PM
2) why offer exclusives to a store like zellers that is constantly gouging customers with the price of their transformers exclusive figures.

Because they order enough figures / have a deal with a chain that orders enough figures to be able to demand exclusives. Once they buy said figures, pricing is up to the retailer, and out of Hasbro's hands.

Visionaires names in Transformers? :confused:

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryotek)http://www.finalfrontiertoys.com/VintageToys/Other/Visionaries_Cryotek_MOC_C-8.5.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryotek
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryotek)

Batman
09-28-2009, 08:17 PM
#1. What is the process behind including voice clips in various Transformers figures? Do the voice actors come in to record lines for the toys? Are the clips taken directly from the media (Movie, Cartoons etc.) Does Hasbro have an in house voice actor who records voices for toys all across different lines Hasbro creates?

Stapler
09-28-2009, 08:46 PM
#1. What is the process behind including voice clips in various Transformers figures? Do the voice actors come in to record lines for the toys? Are the clips taken directly from the media (Movie, Cartoons etc.) Does Hasbro have an in house voice actor who records voices for toys all across different lines Hasbro creates?

Now I like this question! Maybe we can learn some of the history behind G2 Megatron's voice of doom.:D

Pascal
09-30-2009, 11:22 PM
Given all mainline toys already come in bilingual/trilingual packaging and that there are already plenty of english-speaking toys on the market here (Transformers and other toys), how come Quebec is struggling to get certain figures that are readily available in other provinces like ROTF Jetfire, Ultimate Battle Charged Bumblebee, the Zellers exclusive combiners, Perceptor & Insecticons reissues, etc.?

pulsedragon20
10-01-2009, 01:16 AM
Given all mainline toys already come in bilingual/trilingual packaging and that there are already plenty of english-speaking toys on the market here (Transformers and other toys), how come Quebec is struggling to get certain figures that are readily available in other provinces like ROTF Jetfire, Ultimate Battle Charged Bumblebee, the Zellers exclusive combiners, Perceptor & Insecticons reissues, etc.?

Because they have a distribution plant is located in Quebec! :D

I pretty much have the same question

jourdo
10-01-2009, 01:24 PM
I cannot remember if something like this has been addressed before, but here goes:

How does Hasbro view these third party developers (not the kitbashers, but the for profit companies)producing products that walk a very fine line with regards to copyrights? Many of these kits have been beneficial to the products Hasbro releases, by helping increase sales... but at what point does Hasbro feel the trademarks have been stepped on? Has there ever been though of developing a working relationship with these groups?

jacobot
10-01-2009, 02:02 PM
I guess my question is, if they can't give any specific answers to fan questions about characters or upcoming product, what's the point?

All I see is repaints and off screen movie molds coming and some TFA leftovers, great for collectors, but what will you be marketing to my kids for the next few years before The 3rd TF movie?

kreutz013
10-01-2009, 03:52 PM
Will hasbro release more Transformers in the Ultimate Toyline?
Will Hasbro also rerelease or reissue the other combiners left?

freakx2001
10-05-2009, 09:38 AM
With the recently release of the Insections and Preceptor reissues as part of the Transformers Universe line and there being still several Takara reissues such as Blaster and Kup / Wheelie which have not made it to North America. Is there any chance we will see more reissues in the future?

Code of Honor
10-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Submitting is now closed. Thanks everyone.