PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone help you hunt?

jourdo
05-15-2007, 01:19 AM
A comment made in another thread made me wonder about this.

Does anyone help you with your hunting? Mom? The wife/girlfriend (or both)? Friends? Others?

For the most part, I'm flying solo (except for tips from others on this site). My wife will sometimes look for something when she is out if I let her know what I'm looking for. My mom did find me and Energon Galvatron back when it was first found in the city.

What about the rest of you?

Tech Spec
05-15-2007, 01:49 AM
Myself and 2 other friends hunt together on Saturdays. But lately it has been on the solo tip and calling them asking if they need anything.

RedOktobre
05-15-2007, 01:49 AM
A comment made in another thread made me wonder about this.

Does anyone help you with your hunting? Mom? The wife/girlfriend (or both)? Friends? Others?

For the most part, I'm flying solo (except for tips from others on this site). My wife will sometimes look for something when she is out if I let her know what I'm looking for. My mom did find me and Energon Galvatron back when it was first found in the city.

What about the rest of you?

Like yourself, no one "directly" helps me "hunt" for TF figures.

However, I get indirect help from my gf. Sometimes, I ask her to snatch or pickup the odd TF figure for me. She has a Costco card, so she bought me the Prime/Wing Saber exclusive for my 2006 Christmas present.

Unfortunately, she is not exactly supportive of me collecting TFs (this is a side issue). Also, she accompanies me to our cross border shopping trips to the US. Often, I request to make detours to Target and/or Walmart to checkout TF figures available.

I receive much "internet" help from ChrisW & kidkid (and others). Like myself, they are extremely active in shopping and/or monitoring the major TF retailers in Greater Vancouver area (in BC) and post regularly in the "BC TF sightings."

Unfortunately, no Movie TF figures are available in BC yet except for the Protoform figs.

RedOktobre

Super_Megatron
05-15-2007, 10:03 AM
My wife will call me from Wal-mart a couple times a month and tell me what they have/ask me if I'm looking for anything. If she is visiting her parents she'll call me from a TRU as well.

Paradigm-Shift Prime
05-15-2007, 10:35 AM
my dad and my girlfriend both look for US only exclusives for me when they go down to the states. My dad is 60, so it is considerate of him to go searching around.

dak
05-15-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm a loner when it comes to hunting down TF's. I do get the odd heads up from some friends, and some family helps with the tranportation situation, but other than that, i'm by myself.

1337w422102
05-15-2007, 11:56 AM
I go on scouting missions without backup, for the most part. Occasionally, I might go with my friend TheTouch from Seibertron.com, but that's pretty much it.

Prime Sinister
05-15-2007, 12:18 PM
My wife and kids help look for TFs. During her "daily" trip to the mall, she occassionally calls me to report what she spots. My son recently spotted the Movie Prime at the Stouffville Wal-mart return counter.

Black Cat
05-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Another lone hunter, here. Although, I used to get a lot of help from Dave-astator, before.

Ah, who am I kidding? He went out and got them for me. :D

It would be great having another set of eyes helping me look for the ones I want, though.

GMfan
05-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Most of the time I'm on my own but my other buddy collecters call me from time to time to let me know whats new or in stock.

noodle
05-15-2007, 04:26 PM
I usually get my brother to help me out during a weekend trip to the mall but other than that im a loner. But, If Im having a really hard time finding something Ill drop a message here asking for help :)

Shepp
05-15-2007, 08:29 PM
a few friends will keep an eye out for me from time to time.

but as far as my parents go, as well as my fiance, they tend to stay clear of it.

after all, it is my hobby, and plus they dont know what i have and dont have.

BadJeff
05-16-2007, 10:27 AM
The only help i get is from you guys...My wife tried to be a trooper a few times and "surprise" me with some stuff but always grabbed something I already had. Kinda took the fun out of it for her, now I go solo.

lars573
05-16-2007, 11:01 AM
I owe my sisters boyfriend $30 for the second wave classics mini-cons they picked up for me. They have been willing to help me hunt.

PrimeConvoy
05-16-2007, 03:53 PM
For the most part I'm on my own, sometime my sister will give me a call when she's down in the states and my girlfriends tags along when I'm on the hunt, but thats only been lately.

Delta prime
05-16-2007, 05:04 PM
I have a buddy thats into TF as well and we look pretty much everywhere. Recently I found Ratchet and Blackout deluxe model from the movie at my local Sears

soundwaveCA
05-16-2007, 10:33 PM
Pretty much got my whole family on the lookout most of the time, though most of the time I end up finding everything on my own. Every now and then though a family member will pick up something I missed.

I usually get most of my stuff via the internet or conventions so I dont end up hunting that much anymore.