PDA

View Full Version : which figure is worth $

KBlurr
08-17-2009, 09:28 AM
EDIT: PLEASE ONLY POST OPINIONS ON EACH FIGURE: DO NOT TELL ME WHICH ONE TO BUY

*Decided to start a new thread on this topic*

I have an urge to make an impulse buy, but if I do give in, I don't know what to get:

Animated Swindle
Animated Blazing Lockdown (It's all I find)
ROTF Ice Cream Twins (Haven't decided whether to get them or not)

Sureshot22
08-17-2009, 09:36 AM
well i have all 3 and my fav is animated swindle. great mold, fun transformation and looks great.

blazing lockdown is ok. but i dont find myself wanting to play with him at all so not my fav.

i got the ice cream twins today but havent opened them yet so dont know how good they are yet.

TheLogicalProwl
08-17-2009, 09:46 AM
Get all three, you know you want to...

And what you are doing is not an impulse buy. An impulse buy is when you are in a store, see a figure, and decide you have to buy it. Thinking about a purchase and having a survey about it is not impulsive.

Team Jetfire
08-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Logical prowl is logical.

tusko
08-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Swindle is a great toy. Fun features, great transformation and good characterization in the cartoon. Possible young Prime kitbash too.

KBlurr
08-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Well, my thoughts on each.

ROTF Ice Cream Truck is a nice combination figure. But since I already have Skids & Mudflap in their individual vehicle modes, there's no point in getting them again. The Vehicle mode is nice, but I just don't think it's worth $15 getting Skids & Mudflap again. It's just my personal policy of TF buying

Blazing Lockdown. Lockdown was a cool character in Animated and he's so freaking tall. Nice car mode. But I dunno.

Swindle has nice robot mode, but an okay vehicle mode. Vehicle mode has a tiny gap on the sides. And robot mode is about Soundwave size. Hands look weird. But the extra guns packed in him look cool on him. Since I'm a G1 fan, I can justify getting him.

So I can only afford one of these two right now. So which should I get? Swindle or Lockdown? Unbiased opinions please.

Team Jetfire
08-17-2009, 10:56 AM
Swindle. Both are great charaters and Lockdown is high on my list of favorites, but Swindle is just higher...

Also, there are 3 versions of Lockdown, so there is a greater chance that you may see one in the furture when you have the cash to buy it...

Razorwing
08-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Well there is a thread on Impulse buy. -.-

edit: I re-read the OP's post. This is not an impulse buy. It's something you should think for yourself. Ultimately, the green is yours.

generalblast
08-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Animated Swindle or Blazing Lockdown?

I'll choose Swindle mainly because of his big cannon. He looks much better in Robot Mode and he looks tough in vehicle mode.

Blazing Lockdown is okay. Wouldn't get him. Revenge of the Fallen has a Lockdown coming and I think that one is pretty much the same as this Blazing edition.

slippy
08-17-2009, 11:57 AM
swindle because he has a bfg

Mighty_Galvatron
08-17-2009, 01:22 PM
Swindle

KBlurr
08-17-2009, 01:26 PM
Well there is a thread on Impulse buy. -.-

edit: I re-read the OP's post. This is not an impulse buy. It's something you should think for yourself. Ultimately, the green is yours.

I just want to say that I'm only looking for opinions on each figure and not telling me which to buy.

It's my $. My decision.

KBlurr
08-17-2009, 01:42 PM
This thread is over.

After reading and watching the reviews of each figure (and some logical thinking), I will just make my own decision instead.

Autobot Hound
08-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Icecream twins all the way because of orginality and great paint apps. Plus i like how the movie figs look over TFA.

TFA Swindle was 2nd choice. nice alt mode.

TFA Blazing Lockdown was a thumbs down all the way. I like his first version better. I'd buy him just for his buzzsaw and put it on first version. lolzzz

Darth Wave
08-17-2009, 03:50 PM
swindle because he has a bfg

BFG = Big Fat Girlfriend :D:D:D

Team Jetfire
08-17-2009, 04:09 PM
This thread is over.

After reading and watching the reviews of each figure (and some logical thinking), I will just make my own decision instead.

Which one did you choose?

GMfan
08-17-2009, 05:16 PM
This thread is over.

Fantastic....