PDA

View Full Version : What was your last impulse buy?

jourdo
08-11-2009, 08:54 PM
I have an itch to go on an impulse shopping trip tonight... I'm always afraid of what that holds when I do that. I remember ending up with Universe Night Slash Cheetor because of one of these trips... I no longer have Universe Night Slash Cheetor.

What was your last impulse buy? Glad you did it, or major regrets?

Nocturn
08-11-2009, 08:57 PM
ROTF Deluxe Deep Desert Brawl.

Happy.

Stapler
08-11-2009, 09:04 PM
I try not to make any impulse buys. The most recent one that I made that I can remember is Arcee from the 07 movie line. I'm pretty lucky that I haven't make any impulse buys that I regret yet, though.

Darth Grimlock
08-11-2009, 09:06 PM
My last impulse buy was Mighty Muggs Soundwave. He's not going anywhere.

Cheers Ian
08-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Star Wars Leektar and Nippet.

It was the first Star Wars figures I've bought in about 6 years.

I couldn't resist a Baby Ewok. I'm happy with this purchase.

I know I've bought Transformers on impulse and usually I'm not happy with them after the "New toy smell" wears off.

I probably don't own it anymore. Whatever it was.

Cheers!
-Ian

hugh_da_man
08-11-2009, 09:11 PM
my impulse buys are usually ebay related...now I have a bunch of 25th tmnt figs.

OneShallFall
08-11-2009, 09:11 PM
G1 Apeface and 1 Menasor foot on the evil ebay.:|

Not very happy with the one foot considering I bought two locally a day later.

Icetron
08-11-2009, 09:13 PM
I was a little bit iffy about buying 25th Prime, but for $30 he's almost a steal. Very happy with the purchase!

Not TF related, but my more impulsive purchases were some GIJoe ROC figures ($10 for 2 was tempting) and a Star Wars Clone Trooper. Haven't opened any yet so I don't know how I feel yet. :p

Batman
08-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Gi Joe ROC Pit Playset

Very Happy.

Code of Honor
08-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Universe Powerglide at TFcon... Then the G1 deco Powerglide showed up... got rid of the impulse buy at a con last month.

TMIIWonkoNemises
08-11-2009, 09:59 PM
My last impulse buys were at TFCon this year at Saturday.I ended up with Universe Dropshot,Beast Wars TM Tarantulas and a Titanium Beast Wars Optimal Optimus Primal....I lost $60 in my first 5 minutes in the Dealer's Room and couldn't buy anymore toys the whole day until the next Con day(As I had a $100 debit limit in my card,go me)

astrana
08-11-2009, 10:03 PM
last non TF impulse buy...

Joe Hummer
-ripcord, heavy duty (2 versions) stormshadow, snake eye, cover girl, scarlet and baroness

last TF impulse buy I think was loose Mixmaster while i was in china

malteselegacy
08-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Impluse buy was TFA Voyager Optimus Prime.
I had purchased TFA Leader Megatron for $20 earlier in the day thinking OK he looks cool and I cnanot pass up this offer. Well I decided to get Prime to go along with him on an impulse...2 weeks later I have the entire Animated line!

Mighty_Galvatron
08-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Is there such thing as a premeditated impulse buy? If so, than I will have one tomorrow when I buy HA Bumblebee.

I held off long enough for this item, and the latest episode of CDN Slag just sold it to me.

Now...where is HA Barricade?

astrana
08-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Is there such thing as a premeditated impulse buy? If so, than I will have one tomorrow when I buy HA Bumblebee.

I held off long enough for this item, and the latest episode of CDN Slag just sold it to me.

Now...where is HA Barricade?

get it before it is too late, imo HA BB is one of the best ROTF toyso far

Thonor
08-11-2009, 10:29 PM
I impulse bought Botcon2009 Skyquake and Banzai-Tron on eBay just after Botcon ended. I paid $150 for the pair...

I could have bought the normal Energon versions for about 1 / 5 of what I paid for the Botcon version, and the Botcon prices prompty dropped like a rock.

Now I'm being tempted with the Universe Roadbuster upgrage kit from Natobot (head, gun, BFG). I'm trying to resist buying... any thoughts?

TMIIWonkoNemises
08-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Impluse buy was TFA Voyager Optimus Prime.
I had purchased TFA Leader Megatron for $20 earlier in the day thinking OK he looks cool and I cnanot pass up this offer. Well I decided to get Prime to go along with him on an impulse...2 weeks later I have the entire Animated line!

I almost had an impulse buy on Supreme Animated Prime...but had to wait a long while on it.As soon as I heard that it was being sold for $30 one day,I went to the nearest Wal-Mart and got it.

Seriously,I'm in love with that toy ever since.:D

ChrisW
08-11-2009, 10:43 PM
I went to TRU to get ROTF Depthcharge and came out with Depthcharge along with Universe legends Beachcomber, Bumblebee, and Brawn. Neat little figures. :)

Dark Rage
08-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Online: MG Gundam Exia Ignition mode w/ display stands and pliers

In-person: Probably that chocolate bar and the latest issue of "Juggs"

StarwarsTF
08-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Jeremy Bulloch (boba fett----> original)
Billy Dee Williams (mother fu@#en Lando!!!!)
Tom Kane( voice actor Clone wars YODA, opening announcer!)
and Ray Park (Darth Maul, Snake eyes) autographs.

They were sitting there in Chicago looking lonely, so I got them to sign my stuff!! LOL

Team Jetfire
08-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Mp Grimlock
and just recently Scalpel

So far so good!

astrana
08-11-2009, 11:43 PM
Mp Grimlock
and just recently Scalpel

So far so good!

i thought u got a MP -08 from jourdo's group buy thingy

FreedomGundam
08-11-2009, 11:53 PM
My last impulse buy:
TFA Leader Megatron (at TRU in Toronto during a business trip back in mid-July), only because I couldn't find a ShadowBlade Megatron...

... though fellow member Cliffjumper69 found me a ShadowBlade Megatron a week later, and I sold the regular-colored Megatron to fellow member grock35. :D

Team Jetfire
08-11-2009, 11:58 PM
i thought u got a MP -08 from jourdo's group buy thingy

No, I was a dumbass and figured I didn't need it. Then I caved when BBTS had him back in stock, but paid 200 when all was said and done... boy o boy that was dumb...:mad:

Protoman
08-11-2009, 11:59 PM
Well I buy EVERYTHING anyhow...... but I guess one time I was at Zellers and they had NOTHING NEW that I didn't have.....so I said "The hell with it" and bought all the left over Titanium 3inch Rodimuses.... they needed a home

BeeBoy29
08-12-2009, 12:02 AM
well my last impulse buy was today lol
ROC ripcord (awsome fig!!) and baroness
at five bucks a pop at wallymart im quite happy with these two :D

Sting Rose
08-12-2009, 12:11 AM
Mighty Muggs on sale at TRU. I was gonna walk off with Starscream and Bumble in addtion to Grimlock and Optimus, but I decided naaaaaah.

And before that, the latest wave of Robot Heroes when they went on clearance. I was only going to buy a pack...then two...then walked away with everything on the shelf. Yeaaaaaaah, I've since kinda sorta gotten myself hooked, and just need a couple more waves before I'm all caught up. XD

jourdo
08-12-2009, 12:13 AM
Well I buy EVERYTHING anyhow...... but I guess one time I was at Zellers and they had NOTHING NEW that I didn't have.....so I said "The hell with it" and bought all the left over Titanium 3inch Rodimuses.... they needed a home

Awwww... you're like the SPCA of Rodimi.

Impulse buy was Mudflap (how could I let Skids go without his brother) and Chicken Chow Mein. I regret one of these.

Team Jetfire
08-12-2009, 12:15 AM
lol

Dark Rage
08-12-2009, 12:19 AM
Awwww... you're like the SPCA of Rodimi.

Impulse buy was Mudflap (how could I let Skids go without his brother) and Chicken Chow Mein. I regret one of these.

Never go with Chicken Chow Mein. Always Cantonese or Seafood Chow Mein.

Or just play it safe and go Chop Suey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chop_suey#Origin).

GMfan
08-12-2009, 01:28 AM
ROTF Stratosphere....didn't feel good after buying it...so I gave it to my brother for one of his birthday presents :P

Robimus
08-12-2009, 01:29 AM
Probably ROTF Ransack.

Dark Rage
08-12-2009, 01:50 AM
ROTF Stratosphere....didn't feel good after buying it...so I gave it to my brother for one of his birthday presents :P

LMAO, what other second hand goods do you give your brother as gifts?

GMfan
08-12-2009, 02:00 AM
An Ironhide ROTF dog tag when I bought 2 and kept the first one I liked more (The Fallen) :P

I'm a wonderful brother....

exoskeleton
08-12-2009, 02:42 AM
Movie line Grindcore...

verdict.....meh..... he's alright. i thought he'd be cooler

Sun Swipe Prime
08-12-2009, 02:55 AM
Last three impulse buys in chronological order.

ROTF Leader Prime
Universe Tankor
25th Prime

I'm surprised I like the two primes as much as I do. Tankor's ok. I only payed 9.99 for him so I'm satisfied with him but not estatic. Although, I'm getting an itch to to try and find an astro train to go with him, but I'm so so on him after watching a bunch of reviews.

Richter
08-12-2009, 04:45 AM
Store impulse: ROTF Ravage, Leader Jetfire ... sitting in my closet unopened

Ebay impulse: Sixwing, Sixbuilder (devi green) and sixturbo micromasters... still waiting for em to show

Cybertron impulse: KO black and clear Primes. Again, waiting

What can I say, I'm impulsive. :(

Hobbyist Prime
08-12-2009, 08:03 AM
All my toys, transformer or other end up being impulse buys and I don't regret a single dime unless I spend all my money and find something else that I can no longer impulse buy!:D

Cybertron impulse: KO black and clear Primes. Again, waiting

What can I say, I'm impulsive. :(

You have to keep me posted on how the clear prime is! I really want that one!

Ultra Maverick
08-12-2009, 08:20 AM

That's what being a brother is all about.
My latest, Transformers Missile Mania Game, I am thinking of giving it the same re-gift treatment

KBlurr
08-12-2009, 08:33 AM
Some of the TFs I get are impulse urges. But sometimes these are justified because I've been eye-ing them for a while and I always watch a review before a final decision.

For instance, I had an impulse urge to get ROTF Skywarp. But after some tough thinking, I decided not to get him.

Another example would be when I decided to get Sideways after hearing some good stuff about him. But when I got him, I caught a good look at Rampage in person, but didn't get him until the next day. It was during a sale.

Previous Impulse buys:
ROTF Sideways, Rampage, Skids, Scavenger (Demolishor), Mudflap.

Previous non-Impulse buys:
ROTF Soundwave, Sideswipe, Leader Optimus, Jetfire, Mixmaster, Megatron, TFA Skywarp.

It's hard to resist impulsive tf purchases, but I recommend you write a list of which figures you want and just stick to it.

BeeBoy29
08-12-2009, 09:05 AM
An Ironhide ROTF dog tag when I bought 2 and kept the first one I liked more (The Fallen) :P

I'm a wonderful brother....

lol atleast u give ur brother stuff, i get nothin from my bro, nada!

CobraCommander
08-12-2009, 10:05 AM
ROTF Leader Prime, bought it and it sat in it's box for a week then returned it and then bought another for less from a board member.

brr-icy
08-12-2009, 11:02 AM
with my wife purple shockwave and sunstorm on sale. now to find skywarp
with the ark, stopped by said rotf superion was on sale and he was picking it up, went along, now i have a rotf superion, and the add on kit is on it's way

jackalprime
08-12-2009, 11:16 AM
i never impulse buy. i see the reviews on youtube and make a decison based on transformation and look of the figure+articulation.

Nocturn
08-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Actually, I bought both Purple and Grey TFA Shockwave on impulse too... Cool figs G.

RoastDude
08-12-2009, 03:00 PM
TFTM Bonecrusher. I still love that toy.

Mighty_Galvatron
08-13-2009, 04:53 PM
RotF Leader Prime. Ha!

Autobot Hound
08-13-2009, 05:32 PM
non-tf related but it was GI Joe: Rise of cobra, Snake eyes, both ninja & face Storm Shadow, Baroness!! BOGO sale at TRU! :)

astrana
08-13-2009, 05:37 PM
almost did an impulse buy today...

I walked up to the cash register, then turned around

Autobot Hound
08-13-2009, 05:53 PM

ooooohhhh ....im curious....wat was in ur hands???

Mighty_Galvatron
08-13-2009, 05:58 PM

Haha. I did that the other day too...Looking for Skywarp (and not finding him) I was at the register with Sunstorm...I put him down and left after only a minute in line. I guess I saw it coming, I don't like the colouring and I never really wanted him. Plus Activator Ratchet would be useless to me. All in all I think it was a good decision.

...then I got HA BB and L Prime so all is well.

Why doesn't L Prime have rubber tires? Like seriously weak. Silly Hasbro and their crazy ideas. ...The figure is still good but...

astrana
08-13-2009, 06:23 PM
Haha. I did that the other day too...Looking for Skywarp (and not finding him) I was at the register with Sunstorm...I put him down and left after only a minute in line. I guess I saw it coming, I don't like the colouring and I never really wanted him. Plus Activator Ratchet would be useless to me. All in all I think it was a good decision.

HA BB is amazing... i had 2 scalpels in my hand today, was going to buy 1 just because he is rare, and another for anyone who couldnt find him on the board. But after summing how much i've spend on TFs this month, i walked back to the TF isle...

jourdo
08-13-2009, 06:52 PM
HA BB is amazing... i had 2 scalpels in my hand today, was going to buy 1 just because he is rare, and another for anyone who couldnt find him on the board. But after summing how much i've spend on TFs this month, i walked back to the TF isle...

I didn't realize that Scalpel was rare. I saw him at TRU recently and left him on the peg. I would have snagged him for someone if I knew he was hard to come by.

astrana
08-13-2009, 07:13 PM
I didn't realize that Scalpel was rare. I saw him at TRU recently and left him on the peg. I would have snagged him for someone if I knew he was hard to come by.

apparently scalpel and dunerunners are rare, maybe reverb? I don't usually know which ones are rare or not, but i always manage to pass these.

I saw a mountain dew robot hero from Movie 1, I took a look of it, thoguht:" hmmm cool, i didnt know they made a toy for it" , i did not know how rare it was untill i called chans told him about what I saw.

Icetron
08-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Reverb is the least rare I think, from that Wave. Scalpel is hard to find since everyone seems to want him, probably since he was in the movie. Dune Runner gets sold quite fast too...

Pulverise2
08-16-2009, 01:35 PM
rotf mudflap and skidz? ok i know its not really an impulse buy but, very happy to get them both together =D

Razorwing
08-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Jolt was my impulse buy. That will set me a $20. -.- $20 that could've been towards my DSLR Camera or a new laptop. lol.. Oh well.

KBlurr
08-17-2009, 08:58 AM
I have an urge to make an impulse buy, but if I do give in, I don't know what to get:

Animated Swindle
Animated Blazing Lockdown (It's all I find)
ROTF Ice Cream Twins (Haven't decided whether to get them or not)

If I want to, I can always start a new thread for my post.

GDkitty
08-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Spending like $70 on Universe 2.0 figures i have never seen around in this area like EVER when i didnt have the money >.>

-Starscream
-Smokescreen
-Cheetor
-Dinobot

UltraMarknus
08-17-2009, 11:19 AM
I have an urge to make an impulse buy, but if I do give in, I don't know what to get:

Animated Swindle
Animated Blazing Lockdown (It's all I find)
ROTF Ice Cream Twins (Haven't decided whether to get them or not)

If I want to, I can always start a new thread for my post.

This is not an imulse buy...your tinking about it heh.

Last impulse was yesterday...Activators Cliffjumper. I have one already but for some reason I bought it.

Oh and last week...TFA Voy Optimus...again, have it already but wanted 2. Have a feeling in a few months it will be highly sought after.