PDA

View Full Version : ROTF - nagging questions from wifey **SPOILER ALERT**

Darth Wave
08-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Ok… so my wife finally was able to watch ROTF the other day. She loved the movie but had a few questions that was bugging her, which I tried to answer but failed.:cool::cool:

1) If all the transformers can only scan machines to have alt modes, how were they able to scan/ make a female robot (Isabel Lucas) that looked human, the one making out with Sam in his dorm room???

2) Why was Sam able to hold the Matrix if only a Prime/ worthy leader can only handle it???

3) How is it that Leo Spitz (Ramon Rodriguez) gets zipped in the car by Agent Simmons and 2 sec later he is getting out of the car walking???

4) Who was the bot that got ripped apart for spare parts for Megatron at the bottom of the ocean???

So there you have it… wifey loved the movie but had these questions to ask. So please help me out to explain this to her...

P.s. Her fav bot... the dyson vacuum (http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/1145148_63d3_625x1000.jpg)

brr-icy
08-04-2009, 05:18 PM
1 maybe they can scan humans as well
2 he sacrificed himself to save optimus, and the other primes said he had earned the right to hold it
3 never know how much time has elapsed
4 another mixmaster

Hobbyist Prime
08-04-2009, 05:21 PM
1. It is in keeping with the G1 Pretenders

2. What brr-icy said

3. Bad continuity

4. What brr-icy said! :)

Autobot Hound
08-04-2009, 05:26 PM
I can give it a shot but i think alot of the answers will be more subjective.

1) She could have been a one off desicion for a Decepticon to have a human alt mode just for the sake of infiltrating the humans. but i doubt many cons would want to even resemble to wat they refer to us as a disgusting race!

2) In the movie where Sam has his moment with the Primes they seemed to have made an acception for Sam because of the qualities they saw in him.

3) Plot hole or he has quick healing powers and the first taze he gave to himself awoken the ability. lolzzzzzz

4) That too is another plot hole because during the scene it says 5 went down and 6 came back up. Go figure!
But i think it was a mixmaster. Being that most Cons are clones/hatchlings.

KingStarscream
08-04-2009, 05:33 PM
I can give it a shot but i think alot of the answers will be more subjective.

1) She could have been a one off desicion for a Decepticon to have a human alt mode just for the sake of infiltrating the humans. but i doubt many cons would want to even resemble to wat they refer to us as a disgusting race!

2) In the movie where Sam has his moment with the Primes they seemed to have made an acception for Sam because of the qualities they saw in him.

3) Plot hole or he has quick healing powers and the first taze he gave to himself awoken the ability. lolzzzzzz

4) That too is another plot hole because during the scene it says 5 went down and 6 came back up. Go figure!
But i think it was a mixmaster. Being that most Cons are clones/hatchlings.

Damn Michael Bay! Make me the Perfect Movie Next Time LOL! I agree with Autobot Prime!

Darth Wave
08-04-2009, 06:00 PM
huh... thanks guys!

now that I think about it there were too many holes in the movie... oh well I guess I'll give her these answers. But I'm not still not sold on the first or last answer. Prime used Jet fire's old parts after he died but yet for the Megatron part 6 bots come back up???? WTF?

GMfan
08-04-2009, 06:13 PM
#4 It was actually Scrapper....which is weird considering they said kill the small one and Rampage (who was also there) was smaller....

Autobot Hound
08-04-2009, 06:17 PM
huh... thanks guys!

now that I think about it there were too many holes in the movie... oh well I guess I'll give her these answers. But I'm not still not sold on the first or last answer. Prime used Jet fire's old parts after he died but yet for the Megatron part 6 bots come back up???? WTF?

lolzzzzz ya the scene shows on the radar 5 cons went into the ocean, they jumped mixmaster to use for megs parts, and then the radar shows 6 cons coming back up. Should have just been 5 unless mix survived that brutality?
This was just a plot hole i saw in another thread.

j_R
08-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Hi im new here but I thought id take a crack at the first question. I dont remember exactly where I read it but i remember reading that the female bot had landed in an amusment park something like universal studios and scanned one of the anamatronic females that were there.

Autobot Hound
08-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Hi im new here but I thought id take a crack at the first question. I dont remember exactly where I read it but i remember reading that the female bot had landed in an amusment park something like universal studios and scanned one of the anamatronic females that were there.

That actually makes the most sense!!

Darth Wave
08-04-2009, 06:39 PM

hahaha... well another hole left out in the movie.:D:D

Bruticus82
08-04-2009, 06:44 PM

I agree, that's a really good explanation.

Darth Grimlock
08-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Would not the 6th blip be The Doctor, when the Cons are resurfacing?????

Paradigm-Shift Prime
08-04-2009, 07:00 PM

Welcome!

Starting to ask these sorts of questions with rotf is opening a pretty big can of worms, i.e. coherency issues.

For me the most nagging one is the whole presence of the clones/copies. So many issues/incoherencies come out of that one. That's a $hit-load of potential devi-balls out there (think an army of 5000 Devastators :eek:).

CobraCommander
08-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Yeah I like the Dyson vacuum bot too, but that link you have looks like it's a different persons interpretation?

I think the movie model had one large multi-rocket arm :)

JLvatron
08-06-2009, 09:32 AM

That's a good explanation. But the main idea of *what* she is is a Pretender, who has a synthetic outer layer to resemble human flesh. (as seen in G1).

Team Jetfire
08-06-2009, 09:44 AM

Anyone else want to hit up THAT amusment park...Hot Girl land. :D

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
08-06-2009, 09:49 AM
#2 well remember when sam first held the matrix it disintegrated? well it was because hes not a prime. but then later the primes told him he was worthy to hold it.

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
08-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Would not the 6th blip be The Doctor, when the Cons are resurfacing?????

but hes too small to show up on the radar.

chans formers
08-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Hi im new here but I thought id take a crack at the first question. I dont remember exactly where I read it but i remember reading that the female bot had landed in an amusment park something like universal studios and scanned one of the anamatronic females that were there.comic spoiler!!!!in the prequel alliance/defiance comics,"alice" actually scanned her form from a "alice in wonderland" animatronic doll thing.sams room mates actually noticed it when they seen a commercial for the said doll on t.v.,but they never showed that scene in the actual rotf movie.

for the 5 going down and 6 coming up mess up,what if even though they had 5 going down,when they got to the bottom,yes they did sacrifice 1 bot to save megatron,but then "scapel" came out of a compartment on ravage.so technically,6 went down,6 came back up.....right?:D

jetprime
08-06-2009, 11:36 AM
My POV on #1 is that with Bay's decision to keep the mass of each TF constant, so no growing or shrinking like in G1, the alice con, her bot mode is physically too small to accomadate a vehicular alt mode. But in the case of OP or mostly any other TF for that matter, they technically could scan something organic for there alt mode, but besides a whale there isn't anything organic that could be the same size, so a vehicle is the best disguise.

Razorwing
08-06-2009, 11:44 AM
For #1 look @ Terminator Salvation lol. j/k. But yeah, I guess they are advanced enough to scan. As we know, all speices do evolve. Maybe the Transformers can scan humans now. lol.Or 'replicate human tissue'. To the Transformers, 'Alice' would be an insect in their eyes.

JLvatron
08-06-2009, 02:05 PM
For #1 look @ Terminator Salvation lol. j/k. But yeah, I guess they are advanced enough to scan. As we know, all speices do evolve. Maybe the Transformers can scan humans now. lol.Or 'replicate human tissue'. To the Transformers, 'Alice' would be an insect in their eyes.

So she's an Insecticon! :)

Metrotitan
08-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Explaining the stupidity of the script is kinda pointless, IMO...

As is the movie itself.