PDA

View Full Version : Transformers RoTF Supreme Class Devastator Out Now at Canadian Retail

Code of Honor
07-29-2009, 11:44 AM
Thank you to Sokar for reporting that the Supreme Class Constructicon Devastator (http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/rotf-decepticons-384/constructicon-devastator-1974/) set from Transformers Revenge of The Fallen is now available in Canadian Wal Marts, it retails for $99.92 which match's the U.S. pricing of the figure.

See what other Transformers products are being sighted in your area in our Canadian Transformers Sightings forum (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=4).

Sokar
07-29-2009, 11:44 AM
I didn't see anything else listing this massive toy in my quick seartch, but the supreme class devastator is up here in Canada. I just picked mine up at the Walmart on macleod trail in Calgary. The strange thing is the price is actually the same as the american tru price.

I've been told that TRU canada will be selling him at 129.99$, but at walmart he was 99.92$

If this is old news please ignore it. But it's the first I've seen of it

dak
07-29-2009, 11:47 AM
I didn't see anything else listing this massive toy in my quick seartch, but the supreme class devastator is up here in Canada. I just picked mine up at the Walmart on macleod trail in Calgary. The strange thing is the price is actually the same as the american tru price.

I've been told that TRU canada will be selling him at 129.99$, but at walmart he was 99.92$

If this is old news please ignore it. But it's the first I've seen of it

any chance of a pic?

Sokar
07-29-2009, 11:51 AM
sure. wasn't sure if it was old news or not, but will add asap

Star 56
07-29-2009, 12:01 PM
greta find but 100$ is still alot for 6 tonka trucks that are missing paint

generalblast
07-29-2009, 12:11 PM
That's good news for those who are waiting for so long to get him. But in reality, the legends Devastator is a much better figure, since it has a robot mode, a vehicle mode, and it can combine. The robot mode is not too good, and u lose many things with the legends version, but it can at least transform, right?

I wouldn't get the Supreme or the Legends Devastator.If I were u, I wouldn't pay like 3-digit for 6 enormously untransforming vehicles that can only combine.

Team Jetfire
07-29-2009, 12:13 PM
Might be worth a trip next store to check it out...

Pascal
07-29-2009, 12:14 PM
That would be funny if it was indeed selling for less than 100 cnd. Not sure how our American friends would feel about that.

Sokar
07-29-2009, 12:18 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a5/soundwav/IMG_1766.jpg

and
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a5/soundwav/IMG_1764.jpg

transforminator
07-29-2009, 12:34 PM
you bought two

Sokar
07-29-2009, 12:35 PM
you bought two

I always buy 2. 1 to open. 1 to store

EnragedCoconut
07-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Come on baby, hit Toronto darn it. I have been obsessively refreshing this site waiting for this spotting to happen. I am absolutely in love with this toy.

Need. Now.

HC

Autobot_Orion
07-29-2009, 12:52 PM
That's good news for those who are waiting for so long to get him. But in reality, the legends Devastator is a much better figure, since it has a robot mode, a vehicle mode, and it can combine. The robot mode is not too good, and u lose many things with the legends version, but it can at least transform, right?

I wouldn't get the Supreme or the Legends Devastator.If I were u, I wouldn't pay like 3-digit for 6 enormously untransforming vehicles that can only combine.
Cool if this is true Alberta finally gets a sighting before the east coast., which is rare.
I am also waiting for the Legends figures, Devastator is supposed to be made up of 7 robots and the legends has that, plus the individaul bots.

But to be fair Movie Devastator never actually transformed into individual robots. What I find funny is the supreme class Devastator is supposed to talk, Which in the movie he just grunts. SO its very inaccurate if he speaks, and is missing a bot.

Sokar
07-29-2009, 01:01 PM
Cool if this is true Alberta finally gets a sighting before the east coast., which is rare.
I am also waiting for the Legends figures, Devastator is supposed to be made up of 7 robots and the legends has that, plus the individaul bots.

But to be fair Movie Devastator never actually transformed into individual robots. What I find funny is the supreme class Devastator is supposed to talk, Which in the movie he just grunts. SO its very inaccurate if he speaks, and is missing a bot.

He talked in the movie.... sort of..... I (seriously) think that they used old sound clips from mortal kombat for his voice. He sounds almost identical to Goro. And Goro talked in the film:p

JSon
07-29-2009, 01:04 PM
The price is surprising! Can't wait to get him 5 months from now on clearance.

Autobot Hound
07-29-2009, 01:10 PM
you bought two

hehehe nice!!! I hope one is for me! :cool:

jacobot
07-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Doh...and no PST too !!!

RIDUltraMagnus
07-29-2009, 01:18 PM
I'm srry.
But I'm waiting for EZ Collection Devs or Legends.
I don't wanna pay 99.99 for a piece of junk that doesn't have robot modes.

dak
07-29-2009, 01:33 PM
As soon as there is a price drop... I'm gettin this guy.

Autobot Hound
07-29-2009, 01:45 PM

Yes!! A True collectors move!! I do that too with select characters. Usually Prime and SS.

Razorwing
07-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Can't wait to get him on SALE. :P.

Autobot_Orion
07-29-2009, 02:04 PM
He talked in the movie.... sort of..... I (seriously) think that they used old sound clips from mortal kombat for his voice. He sounds almost identical to Goro. And Goro talked in the film:p GORO lol

I must of missed Devastator speaking in the movie, and I saw it twice. Can anyone confirm what devastator actually says in the movie?. I just heard him roaring.

Uni-En
07-29-2009, 02:06 PM

Buying two is fine with me, one to store and one to open, BUT with something this atrocious, it doesn't even warrant a purchase at all.

brr-icy
07-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Buying two is fine with me, one to store and one to open, BUT with something this atrocious, it doesn't even warrant a purchase at all.

very true, or the second on clearance

KBlurr
07-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Finally, the first question comes to me at last!

Should I get this guy or wait for the legends?

Supreme Devastator Pros:
- 1 big guy.
- Simple transformations.
- Nice place to put in a display case with some of the leaders I have.

Supreme Devastator Cons:
- No robot modes.
- Expensive ($99? I thought it was gonna be more than that!)
- Not really movie accurate
- Should Hasbro never release Scrapper, Hightower & overload, these missing figures minus overload would make this figure worth getting.
- Lack of a paintjob.

Legends devastator Pros:
- All 7 constructicons.
- Movie accurate.
- Less priced.

Legends Devastator Cons:
- Not a big fan of Legends figures. Look crappy to me. That's my opinion.
- Like Supreme Devastator, no good paint job.
- Might not be released in North America.

I'll still get the individual Constructicons though just for their robot modes.

But should I blow $100 on either one, maybe I can paint it. If anyone has good online tutorials on how to paint transformers figures, let me know.

Paradigm-Shift Prime
07-29-2009, 03:57 PM
$100 of pure unadulterated crap.

I might maybe think about getting it once it drops below $25, which it inevitably will by X-mas.

Pascal
07-29-2009, 05:37 PM
Has Ultimate BB ever been on super duper clearance in Canada ($25 or less)? I don't recall ever seeing him on clearance here, just regular sales at best.

$100 of pure unadulterated crap.

I might maybe think about getting it once it drops below $25, which it inevitably will by X-mas.

So once it reaches a low price tag, your unadulterated crap will magically turn into a desirable toy worth buying? If it was really crap, you would have absolutely no desire to buy it regardless of the price tag. So maybe it's not as crappy as you pretend it to be? :)

down_shift
07-29-2009, 06:03 PM
I'll pass until it's on sale. Like Omega Supreme Sale for $10.

generalblast
07-29-2009, 06:28 PM
I'm glad that things are starting to come out here now....... This was found at U.S. Retail about 5 days ago. Pretty quick, eh? But others.......

Cheers Ian
07-29-2009, 07:20 PM
I think Ult. BB was $30 at his lowest, and there wasn't very many of him hanging around. Wasn't Primus blown out a few years ago for like 19.99 or something? I can remember my local Toys R Us having dozens of him lying around. They had so many, they actually built a wall with them at one point.

It depends how many units retailers decide to stock for him. I could easily see this figure becoming one of the "Hot" X-mas toys this year.

Unless he hits some ridiculous Clearance price (Around $25 or so), I'll be passing. I honestly don't have anywhere to put a TF that big and bulky.

Cheers!
-Ian

CobraCommander
07-29-2009, 07:37 PM
Scrotum-less Heathen!

I wonder if this will go on clearance before Unicron :rolleyes:

malteselegacy
07-29-2009, 07:45 PM
EVeyrone is talking about getting him on sale...He may not go on sale, I mean look at Unicron...still sitting on shelves and I do not believe has ever gone on sale?

Autobot Hound
07-29-2009, 07:49 PM
Finally, the first question comes to me at last!

Should I get this guy or wait for the legends?

Supreme Devastator Pros:
- 1 big guy.
- Simple transformations.
- Nice place to put in a display case with some of the leaders I have.

Supreme Devastator Cons:
- No robot modes.
- Expensive ($99? I thought it was gonna be more than that!)
- Not really movie accurate
- Should Hasbro never release Scrapper, Hightower & overload, these missing figures minus overload would make this figure worth getting.
- Lack of a paintjob.

Legends devastator Pros:
- All 7 constructicons.
- Movie accurate.
- Less priced.

Legends Devastator Cons:
- Not a big fan of Legends figures. Look crappy to me. That's my opinion.
- Like Supreme Devastator, no good paint job.
- Might not be released in North America.

I'll still get the individual Constructicons though just for their robot modes.

But should I blow $100 on either one, maybe I can paint it. If anyone has good online tutorials on how to paint transformers figures, let me know.

Im not a Legends fan myself. I say Supreme Devy!! His size is good enough for me!! And just imagine how sick he'd look posed against the other bots!! :cool:

Alexander Quinn
07-29-2009, 08:35 PM
An epic win for us, seeing as how everything else that crosses the border gets that mysterious 50% price increase.

Still not interested in this guy for that price tag, but it's far more realistic than the $149.99 I was expecting it to be.

Mike
07-29-2009, 09:58 PM
I can't bring myself to buy any of the constructicons, they are all pretty dissapointing.

I'll just wait for someoen else to make a nice devastator, that actually looks like the movie, even if its just a statue, this supreme thing here might as well be a statue, it can hardly move, and only turns into vehicles.

TheLogicalProwl
07-29-2009, 10:23 PM
[QUOTE=Mike;158219]I can't bring myself to buy any of the constructicons, they are all pretty dissapointing.

I have to completely agree. The individual Constructicons look terrible, and this version of Devastator looks much much worse. I say everyone should not by this figure - even when it drops to $20 (which it will) - just to teach Hasbro a lesson.

I might have even more scathing comments once I get a closer look at this thing.

Pascal
07-29-2009, 10:32 PM
The individual Constructicons look terrible.

Mixmaster and Long Haul are fantastic figures.

jackalprime
07-30-2009, 12:05 AM
it looks cheap to me. The paint job is terrible. And animated leaders are under 20 bucks, so i guess any clearance price is possible. Maybe this will be a slow mover due to price and there will be a clearance to get them off the shelves

Uni-En
07-30-2009, 08:14 AM
Has Ultimate BB ever been on super duper clearance in Canada ($25 or less)? I don't recall ever seeing him on clearance here, just regular sales at best.

So once it reaches a low price tag, your unadulterated crap will magically turn into a desirable toy worth buying? If it was really crap, you would have absolutely no desire to buy it regardless of the price tag. So maybe it's not as crappy as you pretend it to be? :)

So true, this unadulterated, unpainted crap will always be crappy... That's what you were implying right :D?

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
07-30-2009, 08:27 AM
i'm probably going to have to wait till x-mas to get this guy.

brr-icy
07-30-2009, 09:23 AM

ultimate bb was $10 or $20 at walmart earlier this year, (old one) i bought the first one at full price, but devs? better be that price, (time x personal wages to repaint=$80+) time is money

Dangard Ace
07-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Bwahaha! $100 for that? Not a chance! I MIGHT pick it up in the $10 overstock bin.

malteselegacy
07-30-2009, 02:28 PM
I bought him this morning..after taxes came out to $112.91.
He looks awesome.

Pascal
07-30-2009, 02:29 PM
I'm glad I got this awesome Devastator instead of $100+ worth of shitty Robot Heroes/Robot Replicas/3'' Titanium/Mighty Mugs/Minicons/underpainted Classics/Universe/etc.

Mighty_Galvatron
07-30-2009, 02:39 PM
I would buy it for $10. I payed $10 for each Premium Movie leader from 2007.

I might even pay $30 for it, as I payed $30 for the giant BB from the 2007 Movie.

I am sure the price will be that reduced at Wal-Mart in a couple of years.

Metrotitan
07-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Worst. "Transformer". Ever.

gundambobo
07-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Spotted, Morningside Walmart, Toronto has 2 Supreme Class Devastator 99.92

Autobot_Orion
07-30-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm glad I got this awesome Devastator instead of $100+ worth of shitty Robot Heroes/Robot Replicas/3'' Titanium/Mighty Mugs/Minicons/underpainted Classics/Universe/etc.
Lots of Boardies have been saying this figure sucks, I didn't know they had an awesome version lol , As collector I pretty much have an entire set of the ROTF figures released in Edmonton, I most likely will get Devastator.

I respect your point in that you were more concerned about justifying the price, but calling this figure awesome just because you spent 100 bucks on it doesn't make it any better a qaulity figure than the other ROTF figures released before it.

Pascal
07-30-2009, 04:57 PM
It still makes it better than all the figures I mentionned in my post. :)

BadJeff
07-30-2009, 05:03 PM
Lotta Supreme Dev haters out there. To each his own.
I think it's great. Since I would never display it broken down to individual bot modes it makes no difference to me. Worth the $100 imo.

Sokar
07-30-2009, 06:00 PM
I still don't get all the hate for this figure. Considering the other supreme class figures that have been released, I think this one is actually not bad. I haven't had any reall opportunity to mess around with this figure, but considering the other supreme figures we've gotten in the past, the price doesn't seem outrageous (at least not 99.92). It's not necessarily as good as primus or unicron, but it's still pretty decent.

For a few of the complaints:

It doesn't have individual robot modes
- I still am of the mind that devestator was a unique combiner decepticon, and the fact that there we did not actually see them transform in the film suggests that the individual parts weren't seperate robots, but were part of a networked intellegence that was devestator. More realistically for the toy however, this was a good compromise I think. Making the individual constructicons have to combine would probably have ended up creating some really poor toys for both the individual and combined modes. Particularly for mixmaster who forms the head, trying to stuff a robot mode, vehicle mode, and rather unique head into that cement truck would have not likley turned out very well. At the same time you'd probably end up with lots of scalling issues. One way to look at it if you can manage to look past the individual robots issue is to consider it to be like omega supreme, only with more individual vehicles. With omega you got a couple different linking vehicles in the energon one, but here you are getting six different vehicles.

The paint (or lack of) sucks
- What of this is any different than most of the recent movie figures? Leader megatron has what 3 paint apps and 2 colors of plastic? the fallen is green/red with orange wash? Yes, it's a more expensive figure, but supremes/ultimates haven't exactly had that much paint lately either. Look at the swtf vader death star that retailed at 80$. It's got a bit of white paint on the death star shell and some silver lining on the robot mode. Plus, it's maybe half the size of devastator. Even with liscencing fees being a part of it, I don't remember hearing quite the ranting I am about vader as I am now. Even ultimate bumblebee pales in comparison to the deluxe version for paint apps. It's sort of part and parcel with these larger figures and with hasbro lately when it comes to paint apps. Dev's is nothing horribly new, and to be honest I think they spent much more time putting molded details into it, so for me I would prefere that.

It doesn't look like the movie devastator
- To me, this one looks more like the film devastator. I think some could argue for either way since this one has different looking shoulders, but I think the proportions and the face are better on the supreme class one. To me the legends ez devastator just looks sort of annorexic

It's so expensive
- I think transformers in general have spiked a bit over the past year or so and hasbro is going to squeeze every penny they can out of their products. Look at the human alliance sub-line. They're great looking figures and all, but they cost 50$ a peice. Alternators were only 30$ and I'm sure there were all sorts of liscencing fees that they had to deal with for that line. Granted these ones come with a human figure and the skids/mudflap sets will come with an extra robot, but 50$ is still pretty pricy. Is it a high price? yes. It really is. But at the same time you're also getting a fair bit for the price both size/weight wise and scultping/engineering wise.

Articulation is crap
- I can't argue with this one since I haven't been able to play with it yet, but from what I've seen it's no worse than ultimate bb. I'll be able to comment only after actually playing with it some though

Other good points
- The only real 'gimmick' is that the mouth opens and it talks/lights up. That's it. Unlike ultimate bb there's no freaking huge backpack for electronics and motors to move the arms and make it talk. Similarly, what articulation there is isn't messed up by the gimmick (ie like bb's arm cannon)

And for anyone who thinks I'm just rationalizing, I'm not. If I were, I probably wouldn't have gotten 2 of them.

Also, I do respect other's criticisms of this toy, and it's always your money to do with as you please, but the worst transformer? really? :rolleyes:

Uni-En
07-30-2009, 06:27 PM

lmao this toy is not awesome man, sorry dude. Its unpainted, looks like crapola on a stick and is basically a megazord... Stop convincing yourself you like it.

Autobot_Orion
07-30-2009, 07:44 PM
It still makes it better than all the figures I mentionned in my post. :)
can you care to elaborate why it is better than all the figures?, I'm sure collectors are debating on whether are not to get the supreme version.

QuadESL63
07-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Can't wait to get him on SALE. :P.

I will wait until on clearance :p :D

Autobot_Orion
07-30-2009, 07:55 PM
great review of Devy Sokar. I agree with the vehicles not transforming into individuals, it did not happen in the movie so it makes the figure movie accurate.
Devastator never really talked in the movie so thats funny he does in the toy. What does the toy say?

Mighty_Galvatron
07-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Like I said, might pick him up on clearance in a couple years.

Worst Transformer ever? I am not sure about that. I think the Action Masters might still hold that title.

And what's with the mini-con hate? Whats wrong with mini-cons?

faustx
07-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Like I said, might pick him up on clearance in a couple years.

Worst Transformer ever? I am not sure about that. I think the Action Masters might still hold that title.

And what's with the mini-con hate? Whats wrong with mini-cons?

DEFINITELY WAITING TILL CLEARANCE TIME...FULLY EXPECT WEST SIDE WALMARTS TO END UP WITH PALETTE LOADS OF THESE THINGS THIS FALL...JC

Pascal
07-30-2009, 08:22 PM
can you care to elaborate why it is better than all the figures?, I'm sure collectors are debating on whether are not to get the supreme version.

Robot Heroes: don't transform, deformed, almost non-existing articulation
Robot Replicas: rubbery, don't transform, are not even that movie accurate
Revoltech: deformed, don't transform
Mighty Mugs: deformed, don't transform, almost non-existing articulation
Minicons: unrecognizable characters that I don't care for (unlike Legends)

Combiner Devastator: transforms/combines, is massive, has decent articulation, a fun Legends-eating gimmick, sounds and voice clips...

lmao this toy is not awesome man, sorry dude. Its unpainted, looks like crapola on a stick and is basically a megazord... Stop convincing yourself you like it.

Sorry dude, but I know if I like a toy that I have purchased and played with regularly more than you who have never seen or much less been close to one. Who exactly are you to tell me what I like and what I don't?

And what's the Megazords snobbery? They're extremely popular toys all over the world. Have you ever owned some? They might not share the same philosophy as Transformers, but they're still pretty cool toys, much like Brave toys who don't always have individual robot modes. I like diversity, and I don't mind if Devastator borrows a bit from other lines, whether it was intentional or not. If you had a look at my collection, you would realize it's not all about Transformers.

As for the lack of paint, it's only ONE aspect of the toy. Paint is only a deal-breaker when another version with more paint apps is to be released later down the road (Henkei vs Classics/Universe). Otherwise, I don't care. I don't play with paint, I play with toys. :)

Sun Swipe Prime
07-30-2009, 08:25 PM
EVeyrone is talking about getting him on sale...He may not go on sale, I mean look at Unicron...still sitting on shelves and I do not believe has ever gone on sale?

Yeah.. Unicron was on sale for 40% off along with all transformers at TRU right before the movie came out. I picked him up for $43 which I think is a good price. Not exactly the cheapest, but I won't complain too much if he goes even lower.

Now on topic. Devastator is IMHO not a $100 figure. For that price he holds no interest from me. Now for say $30, he starts to look a lot better. Each ten dollars dropped is like taking a shot of whiskey, and it gets to the point where you look through the beer-goggles and say, "man that devastator is hot. I'd get that in a second."

From the photos/videos, I really can't see where the money has gone into the figure that justifies the price tag. The figure looks like they could sell it for $50 and still turn a huge profit because they obviously skimped out on a lot of things. Now if there were bot modes, I would say $100 would probably be right.

Autobot_Orion
07-30-2009, 08:32 PM
Combiner Devastator: transforms/combines, is massive, has decent articulation, a fun Legends-eating gimmick, sounds and voice clips
Thats cool he eats the legends figures.I also prefer figures that transform. I never bought the one's you've mentioned but I've noticed people do like Robot hereos even though they dont transform so as long as people buy them they will sell them, they are popular toys.

Autobot_Orion
07-30-2009, 08:34 PM
Now on topic. Devastator is IMHO not a $100 figure. For that price he holds no interest from me. Now for say $30, he starts to look a lot better. Each ten dollars dropped is like taking a shot of whiskey, and it gets to the point where you look through the beer-goggles and say, "man that devastator is hot. I'd get that in a second."
lol...it's the liquor talking.

malteselegacy
07-30-2009, 09:36 PM
Yeah.. Unicron was on sale for 40% off along with all transformers at TRU right before the movie came out. I picked him up for $43 which I think is a good price. Not exactly the cheapest, but I won't complain too much if he goes even lower.

From the photos/videos, I really can't see where the money has gone into the figure that justifies the price tag. The figure looks like they could sell it for $50 and still turn a huge profit because they obviously skimped out on a lot of things. Now if there were bot modes, I would say $100 would probably be right.

I doubt that a Supreme figure will cost the same as a Voyager at $30. If it does that is great but I highly doubt it.

Tothemax
07-30-2009, 09:48 PM
why are people bashing this figure so much. When they sell out and people are hunting when value goes up, they'll be crying. I think it's a great figure, if you want accuracy in paint then buy the Frenzy_rumble custom for thousands.

Also why would this change to individual robot mods? I'm sure if possible it would have been done. Also in the movie the individual robots did not form Devastator. Remember Devastator was on the pyramid while Long Haul, Rampage and MixMaster were hunting Sam

BadJeff
07-30-2009, 10:40 PM
We should start a poll

TheLogicalProwl
07-31-2009, 12:30 AM
OK, last post on this one I promise (or maybe not, depends on my mood).

I had a look at a few video reviews - this monstrosity gets panned in what I have seen. The lack of paint is a major issue I do have to say (it is also the same reason I hate the ROTF Ironhide BTW).

And to the people who calls us hypocrites for calling this figure a piece of crap at $100 but opting to buy it for $30 when it goes on clearance, I have one simple thing to say....

It's called consumer's choice, and choosing to use our funds to teach Hasbro a lesson, which keeps them honest. When they make clunkers like this, and the ROTF Ironhide and Demolishor (the great shelfwarmers from the ROTF line), and we don't buy it, good ol' Hasbro has to figure why we didn't buy these crappy toys. They do market research, they learn, they make better products that we like. and they stay in business. It's a hit and miss process, but hey....

It is also about me (and all of us) deciding how much a figure is truly worth. If we decide that Devastator is only worth $30 for being a total piece of shit and that is all we will pay for it and will wait for two years until it goes on sale at that price, that is what we will decide. It's the freedom of the market. Stores can try to charge what they think is fair, but that doesn't mean we have to pay.

Case in point, there is a reason why it is hard to find Human Bumblebee in Wal-Mart but find 20 of them in Toys R Us.

Done ranting.

TheLogicalProwl
07-31-2009, 12:33 AM
er, Human Alliance Bumblebee*

down_shift
07-31-2009, 12:36 AM
DEFINITELY WAITING TILL CLEARANCE TIME...FULLY EXPECT WEST SIDE WALMARTS TO END UP WITH PALETTE LOADS OF THESE THINGS THIS FALL...JC

wow so angry! (capslock)

Sun Swipe Prime
07-31-2009, 02:13 AM
why are people bashing this figure so much. When they sell out and people are hunting when value goes up, they'll be crying. I think it's a great figure, if you want accuracy in paint then buy the Frenzy_rumble custom for thousands.

Also why would this change to individual robot mods? I'm sure if possible it would have been done. Also in the movie the individual robots did not form Devastator. Remember Devastator was on the pyramid while Long Haul, Rampage and MixMaster were hunting Sam

Well, it's only rare now because it's not fully released yet. The reason Devastator doesn't have individual robot modes is cost cutting not technological limitations. Finally, I'm not even sure this is movie accurate or not. We're never really told if Devastator parts have individual modes in the movie. This theory is an explanation made up by the fans to explain things as far as I know and is never mentioned in the movie.

SimonMK
07-31-2009, 02:19 AM

There was also Demolishor who died at the beginning. Which mean Devastator would be impossible if there wasn't a second set of Constructicons.

soundwaveCA
07-31-2009, 02:33 AM
So once it reaches a low price tag, your unadulterated crap will magically turn into a desirable toy worth buying? If it was really crap, you would have absolutely no desire to buy it regardless of the price tag.

I have to agree, there's some stuff that's interesting enough that I would wait and pickup on the cheap, but if I feel it's crap I don't buy it regardless of price.

In terms of Devastator I would not buy this toy at any price, frankly I think Hasbro should be paying me to take this toy off their hands to be honest :p

dak
07-31-2009, 11:05 AM
Well, it's only rare now because it's not fully released yet. The reason Devastator doesn't have individual robot modes is cost cutting not technological limitations. Finally, I'm not even sure this is movie accurate or not. We're never really told if Devastator parts have individual modes in the movie. This theory is an explanation made up by the fans to explain things as far as I know and is never mentioned in the movie.

orci said in an ask orci segment that robot modes were never written into the script, and it's up to the imagination of the next writer to decide if they have bot modes or not. as of currently, the supreme is most accurate with no bot modes but missing a few things (overload and that 2nd rampage hand). There is nothing saying they would have bot modes either for even 2 of the possible 7+ that make him up in the movie never had a robot mode created (hightower) or had a bot mode in progress, but never completed (over load).

hugh_da_man
07-31-2009, 11:26 AM
I'll buy it at $60 or less...other than that it's too rich for my blood. All the people who call it crap and then say they'll buy it if it gets cheap enough are just fooling themselves. If it's really that bad then no price would make it a buy. You just don't want to spend $100 on it and that's fine but don't try to make other people feel bad for wanting it for that price.

Sokar
07-31-2009, 01:29 PM
great review of Devy Sokar. I agree with the vehicles not transforming into individuals, it did not happen in the movie so it makes the figure movie accurate.
Devastator never really talked in the movie so thats funny he does in the toy. What does the toy say?

The toy says "I am devastator", "devastator destroy autobots", "I am decepticon", "(evil laughing) Smash autobots", some transformation noises, and some more evil laughing.

The talking is a bit confusing I agree, but that one I chalk up to the same reasons that the 2007 megatron box art face is an earlier head sculpt, in that the voices like the box art were probably produced before the film was finished, and as such was innacurate.

EnragedCoconut
07-31-2009, 01:30 PM
I drove a two hour round trip yesterday because I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.

Played with it last night. LOVE this toy.

HC

lorado
08-01-2009, 12:03 AM
Same here picked devastator up yesterday around 8:30 pm
great toy.

Hobbyist Prime
08-01-2009, 12:18 AM
I absolutely love him! but I have to ask, does anyone else have a problem with his lower jaw halves hanging open slightly?

Pascal
08-01-2009, 01:31 AM
Yes, they sag a tiny bit.

Hobbyist Prime
08-01-2009, 02:27 AM
Yes, they sag a tiny bit.

Cool, Thanks! I didn't want to drive 20 minutes to try and return him if it was normal and chance them not getting more.

zeds
08-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Sweet price! At par! $30 cheaper than he would be at TRU!

Autobot_Orion
08-02-2009, 12:19 AM
The toy says "I am devastator", "devastator destroy autobots", "I am decepticon", "(evil laughing) Smash autobots", some transformation noises, and some more evil laughing.

thanks for the info...

"Devastator a devastation Hasbro" (evil laughing),

jk:rolleyes: he is pretty cool :cool:

joshimus
08-02-2009, 01:37 AM
Well I found a new use for Dirtboss (forklift) I managed to break apart his front frame and use it as part of Hightower (crane) so I can add the wires to the 3-part structure instead of the lame 2 this toy has. The frame part (dirtboss's arms -minus the forks) fit perfectly in the space just before the arm joint.
Why they made Hightower so distanced from the actual vehicle model, don't know why.

Sting Rose
08-02-2009, 02:36 AM
And so the waiting until clearance begins. 8D

KBlurr
08-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Man, I still haven't decided whether to get this big guy or get the Legends version.

-The Supreme Devastator looks big and with some decent paintjob touches to it, it could look like an awesome figure.
-The only couple of downsides are that it lacks individual robot modes and it costs around $99 (though I have heard that it's cheaper at Zellers or TRU. If someone could confirm this to me, that would be cool.)

-The EZ Devastator has all seven constructicons, but I don't like the legends figures and paintjobs wouldn't make it look better.
-After seeing video reviews of EZ Devastator recently, I'm having second thoughts.

-As for the non-combining individual constructicons, Hasbro did not mention anything about releasing Scrapper, Hightower & Overload figures during SDCC '09. But what if Hasbro suprises us at the end of the toyline for ROTF with combining individual constructicons?

These are the many thoughts as I decide which version of this awesome decepticon I should get.

Sokar
08-02-2009, 12:13 PM
[COLOR="Silver"]
-The only couple of downsides are that it lacks individual robot modes and it costs around $99 (though I have heard that it's cheaper at Zellers or TRU. If someone could confirm this to me, that would be cool.)

Having talked to a tru employee who's an occasional poster here I can confirm that he said it would be 130$ at tru.

Personally I can't see zellers having it cheaper than walmart either since most of their prices are about 5-10$ more than walmart normally

joshimus
08-02-2009, 12:15 PM
I still plan on getting the EZ Devestator at some point, IF I can find him. Not a fan of legends figs but I just think he'd be fun to have.
Here's my pic of my WIP Hightower where I used part of Dirtboss. It's REALLY easy to do too.
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m297/ejosh1/My%20Custom%20toys/Movie%20Decepticons/HightowerWip2.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m297/ejosh1/My%20Custom%20toys/Movie%20Decepticons/HightowerWIP.jpg

Pascal
08-02-2009, 12:24 PM
I thought about using steel bike derailleur cables on Hightower.

KBlurr
08-02-2009, 12:32 PM
I still plan on getting the EZ Devestator at some point, IF I can find him. Not a fan of legends figs but I just think he'd be fun to have.
Here's my pic of my WIP Hightower where I used part of Dirtboss. It's REALLY easy to do too.

Awesome!

I would really like to know how to make Hightower look like that!

joshimus
08-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Awesome!

I would really like to know how to make Hightower look like that!
It's actually simple. Cut off ROTF Dirtbosses hands and the 2 parts that held the forks. Sand down, paint it, glue in place. It LITERALLY fits just perfectly, but glue does help to hold it permenently down.
Then I drilled 2 holes in the cable area at the far back, used the wires to feed through (4 total), and done.

sarmick01
08-02-2009, 02:18 PM
I just got a Devastator and it is awesome!!

Autobot_Orion
08-02-2009, 05:16 PM
I just got a Devastator and it is awesome!!Devastator has an awesome price also. lol

crimbot
08-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Dag! Alberta has him, Ontario has him, and none in the middle! Manitoba or bust Devastator! We have lots of Sand too!

tusko
08-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Yar! The sales be a comin'! yar!

http://stocks.investopedia.com/stock-analysis/2009/Toy-Story-2009-Surpises-Amidst-The-Slump-LF-MAT-HAS-JAKK-DISCA-AAPL0810.aspx?partner=YahooSA