PDA

View Full Version : ROTF Stressmarks

Icetron
07-21-2009, 10:58 PM
Just wondering, anyone else experiencing this on their toys?

I have the problem mostly on Ransack and Demolishor.

On Ransack I have no idea how that stressmark got there, but I've picked up a replacement.

However on Demolishor it's a bit hard to avoid holding that spot (the railings) when I try to get him back into alt mode.

Wheelie has a minor problem with the front of the car too, but that one is fine if you're careful.

I haven't had much problems in previous lines regarding stressmarks. I'm sort of careful with my figures too.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3438/3744281743_295a78e1a8_b.jpg

astrana
07-21-2009, 11:09 PM
i dont have stressmarks on ransack, but his joint did get very loose

Icetron
07-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Yeah my ransack has really loose joints too...

chans formers
07-22-2009, 12:25 AM
i too have the same stress problems in the exact same spots on rotf demolisher's railings.:(

Icetron
07-22-2009, 12:37 AM
Dang, I'm guessing the problem is pretty common with Demolishor. I'm seeing it a lot in closeup pics. It's not really noticeable outside of alt mode but I like all of this guy's modes so it's a little frustrating. :(

astrana
07-22-2009, 01:38 AM
i found these stress marks on my demolisher too, dam you for pointintg that out

Icetron
07-22-2009, 02:02 AM
Sorry! :p It just bothered me when all my toys were 'stressing out' haha. I wish they just used regular hard plastic for those parts on Demolishor. Makes me kind of worried that some of Mix Master's parts will do that too, even though they're a bit thicker.

Sun Swipe Prime
07-22-2009, 02:36 AM
I'm not having issues with Ransack, and I've been transforming him at least every other day. As for joint looseness. Mines pretty tight. Here's a pick of him showing off his tighness. Sorry for the low quality, but you get the idea. He's standing all on his own.

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
07-22-2009, 07:20 AM
on my mudflap those flappy thingys on each side of his torso have stress marks.i'm always worrying that its gonna break

Echotransformer
07-22-2009, 05:50 PM
For the very brave, stress marks can be faded or virtually eliminated with a heat gun. Very carefully heat up the affected area only, and the stress will fade. Careful, if you get too hot you'll reach the melting point of the plastic.

It's good to test on some beater TFs first.

I've fixed quite a few TFs this way (melted a couple too :-)

Mighty_Galvatron
07-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Not RotF, but the Animated Blitzwing I just picked up already has stress marks after one Transformation.

It's the peg on his arms/back that clips into the bottom of his cannon in tank mode. Easy for me to turn into tank, but trying to separate this when transforming back to robot is hard. I have to pull with a lot of force to separate his cannon.

I may try shaving down the side of the peg as this should allow for easier transformation.

Anyone else encountered this?

Nocturn
07-28-2009, 07:47 PM
When I first got my ransack, he was a total floppy POS. I let him sit for a few days, and now he's tighter than ever?

Aernaroth
07-29-2009, 01:26 PM
When I first got my ransack, he was a total floppy POS. I let him sit for a few days, and now he's tighter than ever?

Could be lubricant from the manufacturing process, thermal effects, or some sort of work hardening.

Or maybe you just have to "work him in".

Goaliebot
07-29-2009, 03:02 PM
My ROTF HA BB has stress marks in his dash from TFing him. I'm trying to see if they'll get worse/break (return time) or if it was just a one time stress and not structural.

OneShallFall
07-29-2009, 08:48 PM
i dont have stressmarks on ransack, but his joint did get very loose

x however many times it was already said +1.My Ransack like all my other ROTF figs came out of the box loose.