PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Devastor or Legends Devastator?

KBlurr
07-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Saw the Supreme Devastator review on www.frenzyrumble.com's YouTube page and read the review as well on TFW2005.

For some reason, I'm starting to like this figure more than the Legends figure. He looks awesome and has all the constructicons minus Overload.

But the only things that are keeping me from getting this guy are the high price range. I'm not sure if I can afford it since I really don't buy $100 figures. The only one I got was the Masterpiece Megatron figure I got at a comic-con convention (I always leave it in robot mode though.) I already have Scavenger, Rampage & Mixmaster and I'm considering getting Voyager Long Haul even though it's possible he may not be an appropriate size to work with for a customized Devastator. I'm only getting the individual constructions just for the robot modes as well as nicely movie-accurate vehicles. Plus, I'm not sure if we'll ever see deluxe/voyager Scrapper, Hightower & Overload figures.

Until I see a review for the Legends Devastator, he doesn't appeal to me. Actually, none of the legends figures appeal to me at all.

So what's your opinion? Which Devastator are you getting?

onecoin
07-03-2009, 04:49 PM
I'm going with EZ, seeing as I already paid for my set. Cost to size it doesn't really work out, especially if the Supreme goes on clearance. But its just such a monstrosity.

Team Jetfire
07-03-2009, 04:53 PM
I am hoping to pick up the EZ set, but I want to see price and a review on it before I commit.

Hobbyist Prime
07-03-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm going right down the middle and buying both! I LOVE this figure even more now after the vids and I never really cared for the legends figs until I got a couple with the animated pack ins but now I'm hooked (not to mention amazed at the engineering and detail) so I must buy all I see!!!! :)

Echotransformer
07-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Maybe both, pre-ordered EZ fo sho, hoping for a sale on Supreme.

So I'd say EZ.

-Echo

astrana
07-03-2009, 06:59 PM
EZ... legend figure are fun to play with...
I like stuff in details... so i am staying away from supreme.

CobraCommander
07-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Neither, they are both neutered! :p

Seriously EZ, and the other thing on clearance :D

Mumps
07-03-2009, 07:59 PM
EZ. I already have it pre-ordered.

The supreme one is terrible. Every picture I see of it just takes away more and more points from it. Not that it had many points to begin with.

racerguy76
07-03-2009, 08:00 PM
I have a couple EZ sets ordered. Love the legends. Pocket size transforming goodness.
Maybe Supreme Devastator on clearance, but where will I put the damn thing?
As far as I can tell the EZ will be the same price as Supreme on sale or maybe even a bit more.

I say get them both.
________
Make A Vaporizer (http://howtomakeavaporizer.info/)

Sun Swipe Prime
07-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Definite no for supreme. Maybe for EZ. Waiting on better pics/reviews. For say 150 bucks isn't there another figure or two or three you'd want spend that money on? I mean that's like 4 Superion combiner sets or just about anything else you'd want.

C_Shewins
07-03-2009, 08:45 PM
I have to disagree with everyone here. I am getting Supreme. The EZ one is just way too over priced, unless it has sales on that, but I doubt it. We will get a sale on the Supreme for sure, so be patient.

astrana
07-03-2009, 09:17 PM
I have to disagree with everyone here. I am getting Supreme. The EZ one is just way too over priced, unless it has sales on that, but I doubt it. We will get a sale on the Supreme for sure, so be patient.

EZ should be around 60 ish... thats 7 legend figures. regular price of ROtF legends are 6.77, therefore it is not really that much expensive. plus they have both modes and combines. on the otherside, supreme version looks like less detailed oversized power ranger figure. it will be much better if hasbro give supreme more details like the voyage and delux version... no one can say if Devy will be on sale or not.. look at Universe Unicron, it is still stacked up in every single TRU and yet there wasnt any sale.

If you like quantities, then Supreme is the way to go, but if u like to play/transform with it, definitely EZ

Pascal
07-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Getting Supreme, Legends and... Power Bots. :)

racerguy76
07-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Okay I just watched frenzyrumbles video review. I would like to change my answer to just buy the legends one.

Wow.
________
Ecigarettes (http://vaporizer.org/forum/electronic-cigarettes/)

Sun Swipe Prime
07-04-2009, 12:40 AM
.. look at Universe Unicron, it is still stacked up in every single TRU and yet there wasnt any sale.

EZ

Well there was a 40% off all transformers sale at TRU a couple of months back right before the ROTF figures came out so Unicron did drop to around 40 bucks. That's when I got mine. But I totally agree that the EZ is probably better for playability. The Supreme is just for plain ol' girth.

maximanigel
07-04-2009, 01:14 AM
where are you guys pre-ordering it from?

Pascal
07-04-2009, 01:26 AM
EZ: Automatontoys.com (sold out)
Supreme: BBTS (first batch sold out, next batch coming soon)

slippy
07-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Definite no for supreme. Maybe for EZ. Waiting on better pics/reviews. For say 150 bucks isn't there another figure or two or three you'd want spend that money on? I mean that's like 4 Superion combiner sets or just about anything else you'd want.

+1
I'd rather buy the next Masterpiece figure.

Pascal
07-04-2009, 09:55 AM
For say 150 bucks isn't there another figure or two or three you'd want spend that money on? I mean that's like 4 Superion combiner sets or just about anything else you'd want.

What if the anything else someone else wants IS Ultimate Devastator? What if the things someone else doesn't want are Superion (a terrible combiner if you ask me), Encore reissues and/or other toys you want that someone else doesn't? What some people have spent on Robot Heroes over the past few years, I will spend on Devy. Free world man! :)

malteselegacy
07-04-2009, 10:42 AM
Supreme no doubt about it

tusko
07-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Looking for legendarily supremely discounted Devastator.

I figure May of 2011; he'll be on the shelves. (either mold will do).

Sun Swipe Prime
07-04-2009, 02:20 PM
What if the anything else someone else wants IS Ultimate Devastator? What if the things someone else doesn't want are Superion (a terrible combiner if you ask me), Encore reissues and/or other toys you want that someone else doesn't? What some people have spent on Robot Heroes over the past few years, I will spend on Devy. Free world man! :)

I'm not telling anyone what they can or can't buy. I can see the appeal to the figure, but I'm just trying to put things in to some perspective. If the answer to what would you rather spend the money on is nothing, then there you go. Devastator is the bot for you. But like someone else pointed out, it's within the dollar range of a Masterpiece figure, and for me, the ratio between dollar spent and what you get isn't equal. I personally thought, no vehicle tranformations, alright the vehicles modes must be really awesome because they didn't have to worry about the bot mode stuff. But for me it came up short.

As for Superion, It's on.:D. I agree, it's pretty bad if you combine the figures using the official instructions. I practically almost threw the thing across the room trying to get it to stay combined. BUT if you use AirRazor and AirRaid as the arms the figure gets better. Then there's the Fans Project add on. It turns the figure into something awesome IMHO. I know, who wants t spend another 50 bucks but here's a thread that I started a while back that shows what some people have done with the figure, and Bruticus, with zero to little money down to improve it. I think they're pretty neat, even if I do say so myself. http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=16427&highlight=Superion

Paradigm-Shift Prime
07-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Easy choice for me, I'll be going for the North American version of the legends set that comes out in several months.

The Supreme is supreme fail to me: no bot modes, crappy alt modes, crappy/no paint apps, terrible balance, essentially a power ranger done poorly.

Batman
07-04-2009, 11:25 PM
I'll be getting both.

astrana
07-05-2009, 02:43 AM

lol.... it's a discussion... I think who ever started this thread was debating which ones to get and wanting to hear other people's voice. You can grade a toy by: price, size, paint apps, availability, articulation... Some people likes certain aspect of the toys more than other.. just saying :cool:

KBlurr
07-05-2009, 05:01 AM
lol.... it's a discussion... I think who ever started this thread was debating which ones to get and wanting to hear other people's voice. You can grade a toy by: price, size, paint apps, availability, articulation... Some people likes certain aspect of the toys more than other.. just saying :cool:

Not really.

onecoin
07-05-2009, 06:29 AM
Not really.

Really not really?

Mighty_Galvatron
07-27-2009, 05:47 PM
I am going with the Legends version. But only if it shows up at CDN retail. Hoping they will be sold as individuals, but whatever.

Wonder how tall he will be when combined and standing next to a G1 Devastator?:confused:

tusko
07-27-2009, 05:58 PM
I think recent pictures have shown the Legends combiner being a bit taller than a deluxe figure. So 6 or 7 inches tall.

prime13
07-27-2009, 06:07 PM
possibly both but legends before supreme if possible

Mighty_Galvatron
07-27-2009, 06:15 PM
possibly both but legends before supreme if possible

Impossible.

astrana
07-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Impossible.

possible... my local japanese import store is getting EZ version this week, they suppose to arrive last friday, but stupid UPS is F***** lazy

prime13
07-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Impossible.
bah! humBug..

BadJeff
07-27-2009, 07:12 PM
possible... my local japanese import store is getting EZ version this week, they suppose to arrive last friday, but stupid UPS is F***** lazy
How much is tommy asking for those badboys?

astrana
07-27-2009, 07:45 PM
How much is tommy asking for those badboys?

$65 CND...bad news is he ordered 23 sets, but his supplier only gave him 3.

Pascal
07-27-2009, 08:56 PM
If you take account of the plastic used in EZ Devy (weight = 1 deluxe for $55-65) vs Ultimate Devy (1 Supreme + 1 Leader + 2 Voyagers + 2 Deluxes for anywhere between $100-150), the Ultimate is not that bad of a deal...

KBlurr
07-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Just putting this response here:

Finally, the first question comes to me at last!

Should I get this guy or wait for the legends?

Supreme Devastator Pros:
- 1 big guy.
- Simple transformations.
- Nice place to put in a display case with some of the leaders I have.

Supreme Devastator Cons:
- No robot modes.
- Expensive ($99? I thought it was gonna be more than that!)
- Not really movie accurate
- Should Hasbro never release Scrapper, Hightower & overload, these missing figures minus overload would make this figure worth getting.
- Lack of a paintjob.

Legends devastator Pros:
- All 7 constructicons.
- Movie accurate.
- Less priced.

Legends Devastator Cons:
- Not a big fan of Legends figures. Look crappy to me. That's my opinion.
- Like Supreme Devastator, no good paint job.
- Might not be released in North America.

I'll still get the individual Constructicons though just for their robot modes.

But should I blow $100 on either one, maybe I can paint it. If anyone has good online tutorials on how to paint transformers figures, let me know.

racerguy76
07-29-2009, 09:44 PM
$65 CND...bad news is he ordered 23 sets, but his supplier only gave him 3.

yeah I checked my pre order status @ BBTS and arrival date had changed from July to November. :(
________
BUY VAPOLUTION (http://www.vaporshop.com/vapolution-vaporizer.html)

KBlurr
08-03-2009, 08:30 AM
Still can't decide which Devastator to get. Whichever I get, I'm gonna give them decent paintjobs & minor tweeks.

But I need an opinion. If anyone has either or both figures, please list the pros & cons of each.

Pascal
08-03-2009, 11:06 AM
I think you'll have more fun with the EZ version. Plus, it will be easier to paint. :)

QuadESL63
08-03-2009, 12:04 PM
EZ for me...

chans formers
08-03-2009, 12:10 PM
after opening up the giant one.....either one is worth it.
the big=definately imposing size,some nice details,just wished there could have been individual bot modes but i do now understand why they didn't.
ez....i'll be getting him in a week or so too....:D

Blurrz
08-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Supreme Devastator. If you're going to represent something big.. I'll go big.

KBlurr
08-14-2009, 05:18 PM
Thought I try this poll thing out for a change.

Poll Question:

Which version of Devastator from ROTF do you like?

pandaprime
08-14-2009, 06:50 PM
where is the choice for neither? :) :p :D

generalblast
08-14-2009, 08:38 PM
If I pick from Supreme or EZ Devy, I'd pick EZ Devy. Mainly because of the price, the size, and what the EZ can do that Supreme can't due to pricing value. But I'm not buying either one. :(

chaingunsofdoom
08-18-2009, 12:39 PM
My Legends Devastator arrived yesterday. For only ~$25 more, the vast size difference you get with Supreme Devastator would make it worth it IMHO. :)

Ultra Maverick
08-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Got my Legends Devastator last week, since then I have been on a legends shopping spree, I love those little guys!

Pulverise2
08-18-2009, 12:57 PM
none...i'd say stay away from the rotf devatator none of them look accurate and whats with the face being grey?

BadJeff
08-18-2009, 07:23 PM
I think they're both great in their own way. Transfomation on EZ is slick and overall the figure is nice but I've always had a softspot for huge tf's. I Just like them big bulky bots..

Pascal
08-22-2009, 01:32 AM
Like them both, but EZ is pocket fun.

Pulverise2
08-22-2009, 02:03 AM
none