PDA

View Full Version : think happy thoughts

chans formers
06-30-2009, 02:48 PM
went for lunch today with wifey at bk(went for the toys,not the gut rot:D).anyways,as i was standing in line,i noticed a little guy crying.basically,his older brother and sister both got arcee while he got soundwave.i guess he got jealous cause his didnt do anything while theirs shot arcee out the front end.their dad went up front and tried to switch it out but the worker wouldn't let him cause it was already opened.this only ended up with the parents now fighting/arguing with both each other and the manager.in the end they gave up and went back to their table with the little guy still bawling.i ended up buying a third arcee just to give to him and he had the biggest smile ever:D.i just had to share this cause that made my shitty day at work this morning just melt away. what would you guys do in the same situation??

slippy
06-30-2009, 02:51 PM
good job man! i would have bought one and traded for his soundwave

Team Jetfire
06-30-2009, 03:01 PM
went for lunch today with wifey at bk(went for the toys,not the gut rot:D).anyways,as i was standing in line,i noticed a little guy crying.basically,his older brother and sister both got arcee while he got soundwave.i guess he got jealous cause his didnt do anything while theirs shot arcee out the front end.their dad went up front and tried to switch it out but the worker wouldn't let him cause it was already opened.this only ended up with the parents now fighting/arguing with both each other and the manager.in the end they gave up and went back to their table with the little guy still bawling.i ended up buying a third arcee just to give to him and he had the biggest smile ever:D.i just had to share this cause that made my shitty day at work this morning just melt away. what would you guys do in the same situation??

Way to go Chans! This is good Karma for you guys down the road with your kids.

I can`t belive that BK people wouldn't budge....

Ultra Maverick
06-30-2009, 03:21 PM
making the world a better place!,
good on you!

Robimus
06-30-2009, 03:22 PM
:)

Darth Wave
06-30-2009, 03:30 PM
there is no better feeling then seeing a little kid smile... I must say I would have done the same thing as Chan. I too have a kid and it just makes all my issues and problems go away when she smiles!

Good Job Chan!

tripleb
06-30-2009, 03:33 PM
good stuff!!

BadJeff
06-30-2009, 03:36 PM
It all comes around. You did the right thing. I would have done the same. I'm just amazed how bk didn't just take care of the little guy. Funny how fearful some employees can be about making the right decision even if it doesn't jive with the company handbook.

Sun Swipe Prime
06-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Good on you man.

As for Bk, are they out of their friggen crowns? Besides it being the right thing to do, here is a perfect opportunity to make nice with the parents. How grateful will they be if you stop their kid from crying? At least grateful enough to come again and tell all there friends how nicely they were treated, but no. Give a kid a horrible childhood memory at the cost of, what is it, a $2 toy? BOOOO, for shame.

Again Chans, good on you.

Wheelie
06-30-2009, 04:47 PM
That gave me a warm fuzzy feeling! But seriously You did the right thing and if I were in your shoes I would have done the same. All that kids crying and parents arguing with the manager for a $0.02 toy. Way to go BK! That's how you get return business! :rolleyes:

chans formers
06-30-2009, 04:50 PM
i think the manager was having a bad day or something,mostly cause she was almost yelling at this couple at the top of her voice:mad:that and she kept making a big stink about sw being already opened and all.i just dont know how they dont see it.switch it out and you dont have to hear a lil guy crying for the next 20 minutes.what would be the worst that would have happened to the manager?would they get in trouble for a 2 dollar toy?or would she have gotten praise for actually dealing with a developing situation during the lunch rush?hmmmm.....

Team Jetfire
06-30-2009, 05:00 PM
I agree that the Manager should have just given the toy up, it would have made all the difference in the world...

I thought people may have learned a thing or two from the Tim Hortons incedent.

-KG-
06-30-2009, 05:34 PM
That's great! I would have done the same. As for the manager, that's a poor decision. The loss to BK and that restaurant is peanuts, but the loss of future visits to there restaurant is what's gonna cost them. It's just the manager being an ass.

Sideswipe
06-30-2009, 05:41 PM
I agree that the Manager should have just given the toy up, it would have made all the difference in the world...

I thought people may have learned a thing or two from the Tim Hortons incedent.

What's the tim hortons incedent?

and good on you chans!

chans formers
06-30-2009, 05:58 PM
What's the tim hortons incedent?

and good on you chans!i think it happened in nova scotia?(not sure:o)but the gist of it was a worker got fired for giving a baby a free timbit. "ONE" timbit to a child!!where are all these corporate guys heads stuck into????(after the media storm,they did offer her her job back but she declined.)

OneShallFall
06-30-2009, 05:59 PM
^555 Chans

Very good move.

PG13
06-30-2009, 06:04 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, the Timmy's woman still works at Tim Horton's, but no the same one that fired her.

Anyway, like was said before, the cost of the toy is nothing compared to the cost of losing a customer, it should of been a no brainer.

If that manager doesn't have enough common sense to see the simple solution to the problem, then she really doesn't deserve to be a manager.

Tech Spec
06-30-2009, 06:24 PM
Nice one Chans :D

racerguy76
06-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Nice job. Saved another kid from going Ben10 on us!!
________
248 F1 (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_248_F1)

CobraCommander
06-30-2009, 07:11 PM
Chan the Man!

I probably would have taken my lunch and left. :p

Protoman
06-30-2009, 07:13 PM
Hah and don't worry Chan, in a couple of years those damn toys will be a set for 2 bucks and PLENTIFUL. I could not GIVE away Burger King Cybertron Megatron at TFcon =P

jourdo
06-30-2009, 10:59 PM
Good on you chans! It is always good to have some karma in the bank.

Pascal
06-30-2009, 11:03 PM
1 transkarma point for you!

Dark Rage
06-30-2009, 11:23 PM
That's an awesome thing to do Chans, hope you don't blame the grunt BK worker though, when I used to work in fast food, we couldn't even give away a drink cup for free since they were used to count inventory, talk about cruel.

Nocturn
06-30-2009, 11:26 PM
I would've wondered what on Earth I was doing in a Burger King, of all places... And likely being too oblivious to the reason the kid was crying, which I would likely complain about to myself.

Stay ignorant my friends.
http://idology.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/most_interesting_man.jpg

BeeBoy29
07-01-2009, 09:54 PM
great job chans ! :)

Razorwing
07-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Save a child, save the world man. Good job.