PDA

View Full Version : ROTF figures you regret/not regret buying

KBlurr
06-27-2009, 09:57 AM
After seeing the movie, I kinda regret getting the Demolishor figure. I'll still keep him though. He's not bad.

So of all the figures you've bought before the movie came out, which figures have you regret or not regret buying?

GMfan
06-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Doesn't matter how bad a mold is or how little screen time they got, I never regret buying a Transformer. Each mold is new and special and if I don't like the mold I won't get repaints of it, simple as that.

Robimus
06-27-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm glad I skipped Breakaway. I suspected the dude was imaginary. Learned my lesson with Wreckage in the first film;)

C_Shewins
06-27-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm glad I skipped Breakaway. I suspected the dude was imaginary. Learned my lesson with Wreckage in the first film;)

What's wrong with Wreckage??? I think it is a very very good figure. But ya....Breakaway is very ugly, I skipped that one too...

Robimus
06-27-2009, 11:54 AM
Only that he didn't appear in the film, nothing else. Thats how I keep myself from being completely broke :p

borihazard
06-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Doesn't matter how bad a mold is or how little screen time they got, I never regret buying a Transformer. Each mold is new and special and if I don't like the mold I won't get repaints of it, simple as that.

ya i think thats the way to go! BUT

i kinda regret picking up legends jetfire/optimus. i just cant fit them into my shelf.

p.s. why can't the combined mode (also for the leaders) look anything like the movie?? T_T

soundwaveCA
06-27-2009, 01:00 PM
I regretted buying the Fallen toy and took it back.

Despite the $50 price I don't regret buying Human Alliance Bumblebee as that figure is fucking awesome!

Sun Swipe Prime
06-27-2009, 01:28 PM
I've been lucky, I don't regret buying any of the ROTF figures that I have. I thought I was going to regret getting Chromia, but after a price adjustment and looking at her now, she grows on you. That wheeled-feet thing, isn't bugging me anymore.

onecoin
06-27-2009, 01:35 PM
I`m pissed about Sideways. I thought he had a brutal robot mode before the movie, but after watching it, now I know they could have made his robot mode almost anything and better.

BeeBoy29
06-27-2009, 01:45 PM
im happy with all my rotf purcahases :)

dak
06-27-2009, 02:14 PM
I'm really happy with all my purchases, the only one I can say I have ANY regret for is Rampage cause I should have waited for the Movie red version.

KBlurr
06-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Like I said, I regret getting Demolishor.

But I'm debating whether I should take him back or not despite the fact that I'm considering collecting all the individual constructicons even though combination is impossible (so far). Plus I opened him while keeping the packaging in near-mint condition and I still got the receipt.

Any suggestions? I'm not trying to get off topic here.

tripleb
06-27-2009, 02:52 PM
I'm really happy with all my purchases, the only one I can say I have ANY regret for is Rampage cause I should have waited for the Movie red version.
is Hasbro planing on releasing a red redeco of DLX rampage?

dak
06-27-2009, 03:19 PM
that's what i hear.

endLess
06-27-2009, 03:25 PM
I`m pissed about Sideways. I thought he had a brutal robot mode before the movie, but after watching it, now I know they could have made his robot mode almost anything and better.

^ This, except seeing how things end up for him in the movie really upset me.

Sun Swipe Prime
06-27-2009, 04:14 PM
^ This, except seeing how things end up for him in the movie really upset me.

Yeah, I was on the fence on deciding whether to get him or not, but once I saw the movie, it was like no thank you.

down_shift
06-27-2009, 05:16 PM
I deeply regret buying Rampage and Dead End. Brutal.

Black Cat
06-27-2009, 05:34 PM
I've only gotten Sideswipe so far, and I love it... but otherwise, I'm waiting on getting anymore. I'm not making the same mistake with the first movie... I'm gonna wait to see if another batch of Premiums come out.

MisBio12
06-27-2009, 06:44 PM
Not really happy with Sideways

Sun Swipe Prime
06-27-2009, 07:21 PM
I've only gotten Sideswipe so far, and I love it... but otherwise, I'm waiting on getting anymore. I'm not making the same mistake with the first movie... I'm gonna wait to see if another batch of Premiums come out.

Yeah, for me Sideswipe is kind of the only can't miss figure of the lot. Maybe Prime too if you don't already have one from the first movie, but otherwise, meh.

skinsquad
06-27-2009, 08:11 PM
Soundwave. Too short.

Richter
06-28-2009, 07:35 PM
I DON'T regret buying dirtboss. My only ROTF toy. He's great, I love the colour. I think they should repaint Legends devistator in this flourescent yellow/brown/gold scheme. Almost G1, but I think the brown/grey would be nicer.

Sting Rose
06-28-2009, 07:40 PM
I regret not buying Sideswipe. Hardcore. Maybe they'll restock him at my Walmart, ugh. Otherwise, no regrets on purchases, thus far. I don't think I've regretted buying anything! XD'

I do regret not having a larger bank account.

Tumblebug
06-28-2009, 09:37 PM
The only on I have is leader prime. And he's fracking awesome!
I was about to buy sideswipe, but I see he was hardly in the movie, so now I'm not so sure.

TheLogicalProwl
06-28-2009, 09:53 PM
I completely regret buying Soundwave. Terrible alt modes. I think Deluxe Bumblebee could have been better, and Ironhide's face could have been painted better.

But the Leader Class Optimus Prime is, I think, one of the greatest TF figures ever made. All it needs is chrome and it is perfect.

Tumblebug
06-28-2009, 10:17 PM
But the Leader Class Optimus Prime is, I think, one of the greatest TF figures ever made. All it needs is chrome and it is perfect.

I would say second best IMO. Masterpiece prime is the best TF figure for me. :-)

But leader prime is a very close second.

Hobbyist Prime
06-28-2009, 11:16 PM
My collection is sitting around 1,100 transformers so far that are not doubles and there is not a single one I have even the slightest regret about buying!

hugh_da_man
06-29-2009, 12:33 AM
Sideways sucks and I wish I hadn't bought him...Other than that I love my Robot Replicas and I love my gravity bots and I'll buy a few deluxes here and there but not much more for this movie

wheeljaxx
06-29-2009, 01:07 AM
i regret depth charge. sux.

Wodicus
06-29-2009, 01:18 AM
Not a single regret here. I think they have really nailed down how to do good movie toys since 2007. I love them all. My only issue is Demolishor and trying to get him to stand in robot mode. Same with Sideswipe actually, those wheel feet are kinda annoying trying to pose him. I got both of them to stand once, they fell over and I have not been able to get them up since.

Razorwing
06-29-2009, 01:23 AM
I loved every single one.

Iron Moose
06-29-2009, 02:12 AM
Dune Runner. Unstable arms in vehicle mode, asymmetrical wheel backpack in robot mode, overly long and insecure torso.

Should have been satisfied with Landmine. :(

CobraCommander
06-29-2009, 03:50 AM
Not sure why people have regrets, if you really don't like it, why not return it for a refund? A lot of stores still have a "Satisfaction" guarantee, don't they?

But I will say that I'm disappointed with Sideways, doesn't really look much like the movie character in either mode. Even worse, doesn't put up much of a fight :( It's one of those characters I really wanted to like but has brought great shame to the Decepticon cause :p