PDA

View Full Version : (NO SPOILERS) Transformers RoTF Your Reviews

Code of Honor
06-22-2009, 12:20 AM
Use this thread to post your reviews of Transformers Revenge of The Fallen.

Spoilers are NOT allowed here

Go to (Spoilers Allowed) Transformers RoTF Your Reviews (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?p=146721#post146721) to talk about every aspect of the movie.

Metrotitan
06-22-2009, 03:14 PM
Cool! I will be posting a "preview" review later tonight as I won tickets to the special showing at 7:00 tonight! Thanks Tribute.ca!

Anyone else get those tickets? I am doing the right thing and taking a local board member...

Protoman
06-22-2009, 11:21 PM
It was a great movie. End review ^_^

JSon
06-22-2009, 11:54 PM
OMG Too much to handle. Amazing. Wow. I don't know where to begin. So many bots. I need to see it again.

joshimus
06-22-2009, 11:54 PM
To try and keep it spoiler free:
Saw a preview screening tonight and I LOVED it. Some of my concerns I had about the movie ended up to be ok.
Simmons for example was far greater a character this time around. Leo the roomate however was not, but not annoying enough to bother me.
Wheelie was AWSOME. I loved him. Ravage was also kickass but I would have liked to see more of him. The parents were really good and the mom funnier than last time.
For the fans, get ready for some good ol' Meg/SS dynamic fun. Very nice touch.
Overall, to keep away from spoilers, the story wasn't anything spectacular but the movie itself was fantastic. Seeing Devestator comine was really neat.

My only gripes:
While Soundwave is only a satalite you do see his face several times. However his Dr. Claw voice used for the G1 cartoon isn't synthesized :( Also I REALLY wanted to hear "Ravage, eject" but no luck. Meh, dvd comes out I can add it.
Also I felt that Soundwave wasn't too straight forward, he was but not AS much as G1 but he was still pretty cool overall.
Overall a 4/5 stars for me.

chaingunsofdoom
06-23-2009, 12:09 AM
Saw the screening in Calgary tonight. It was fantastic! Audience clapped at the end. I'll be back for IMAX on Wednesday. :)

Echotransformer
06-24-2009, 08:02 PM
It is indeed very good. Similar 'feel' as the first film (good thing), groundbreaking, funny, quirky, jump-cut, cool camera angles, BUT terrible pacing/narration/editing/screenplay, YET very good action, mucho explosions...pushes the limits of stereotypes and sexism (fine by me, tho--it's in good fun, leave the politix for Obama)...just a FANTASTIC popcorn flick...if you don't take it seriously, you will be VERY content.

From a robot standpoint, it's definitely more, more more. Great actually, couldn't take it all in, MUST see again.

Bottom line--exceeded my expectations.

RodimusMatrix
06-24-2009, 08:03 PM
Awsome movie !!
________
Triumph tiger 100 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Triumph_Tiger_100)

Prime_Pessimus
06-25-2009, 05:30 AM
Amazing movie. Too much special effects to digest. Gotta watch it again... But this time; solo, without the newbie frds and those darned meddling kids.

Lotsa detail, lotsa bots, lotsa Megan Fox.

Verdict: ROTF is a must-see for TF fans. Great movie. Movie1 better as a pure movie and cuz it's the 1st. Rotf felt like it tried to do and show and tell too much more (compared to movie1). If Rotf had a simpler more focused plot, it would win purely cause of the new detail and the new bots. Over 2hrs of delicious ness.

I wish I had a 'decepto-hottie-gal-pal-with-a-tail'...

GO SEE THE MOVIE EVERYONE !!!

onecoin
06-25-2009, 07:46 AM
If Rotf had a simpler more focused plot

ROTF does not have a complicated plot, it just makes no sense and is very badly told.

Edit: Accidentally Posted a Spoiler, removed 10 seconds later.