PDA

View Full Version : If you have a London Drugs near you...

Team Jetfire
06-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Go and buy new movie figures. Looks like the one by my home pulled a TARGET and priced all their new movie deluxe figures at 5 bucks. I picked up a Skidz and Wheelie.
It may not happen everywhere, but it could be a nationwide pricing error.
Nice little b-day present for me!
Yay!

For the Calgary peeps there is still a wheelie and desert brawl.

slippy
06-15-2009, 09:49 PM
wow, you guys are lucky!

chans formers
06-15-2009, 09:55 PM
whhaaaaaa???dammit!!! i just got mine today from tru!!!!:mad:

Black Cat
06-15-2009, 10:00 PM
I knew I was living in the wrong province.

General Tekno
06-15-2009, 10:08 PM
There's a London Drugs a few blocks from work. It's half the distance to TRU from work.

...this merits investigation. What time does London Drugs open?

Protoman
06-15-2009, 10:09 PM
QQQQQQQUUUUUEEEEEEBEEEEEECCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn you!!!

Black Cat
06-15-2009, 10:14 PM
QQQQQQQUUUUUEEEEEEBEEEEEECCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn you!!!

*pats*

BeeBoy29
06-15-2009, 10:19 PM
FFFFF, aww i can not has 5 dollar plastic :(

JLvatron
06-15-2009, 10:41 PM
I knew I was living in the wrong province.

U too? :rolleyes:

pandaprime
06-15-2009, 10:45 PM
just rushed out to my nearest store and no ROTF toys at all :mad:

Nocturn
06-15-2009, 11:10 PM
Which one was this, now?

Team Jetfire
06-15-2009, 11:39 PM
This was at the McKenzie Town one on 130th.
Deep south.

Pascal
06-16-2009, 12:08 AM
To quote Weezer:

All at London Drugs (yeah)
Never getting enough (of that plastic crack)
All at London Drugs yeah
Give me some of that stuff (woo)

MacDougs
06-16-2009, 02:57 AM
To quote Weezer:

All at London Drugs (yeah)
Never getting enough (of that plastic crack)
All at London Drugs yeah
Give me some of that stuff (woo)

I think it's REMIX TIME! :D

I find this a pretty big surprise given that London Drugs tends to be at least $1-2 more expensive than other stores. That, and of all the ones I've been to recently, the only new TF's I've seen are SWTF... Hell, they still have movie 1 stuff.

Nocturn
06-16-2009, 11:36 AM
This was at the McKenzie Town one on 130th.
Deep south.

Ah.

Well I figure I'll go to the one by Heritage, see whats going on there.

CTO15
06-16-2009, 11:55 AM
i just want to know if this is just an isolated incident? Hopefully it is nationwide...

Sokar
06-16-2009, 12:47 PM
I went into the heritage one and took the wheelie and skids I found there behind the 5$ clearence sign up to the till. They scanned in at 18$ so I told the cashier that the sign said they were 5$. She said it was wrong and that this was the price for the old ones, but got a price check person to look. The lady who came over said it was a clearance on the old ones and that someone must have moved them there, to which I told her that these were the only ones that I saw, so she said she would show me. I went with her and she said that the spot where I found them was for the first movie, and that there was a second movie coming out and those were 2 spots over. She then pointed to the FAB figures marked 18$ and said that she had fixed these this morning but someone must have put them there (It was 9:01 and their store opens at 9:00! so a ninja did it perhaps?) She then took Said "oh, here's the right ones" and proceeded to pull up a POKEMON figure from the back of the shelf and put it there.

Seriously, wtf. By the sounds of it they new the problem, got caught on it before and someone on their staff restocked the figures in the wrong place again, but instead of actually checking for the original problem, whoever is in charge of the pricing tickets just left it. Technically I could have argued with them about stocking products in front of wrong tickets being applicable to the scanning codes practices and might have gotten 1 deluxe for 5$ and the other for free (first item gets you 10$ back or free if under 10$, all after that are the lower price). But, I didn't want to sit there and argue with them over 2 figures since I've had enough of dealing with people at customer service at different stores like walmart who refused to price match more than 1 of 16 figures because 'it wasn't their flyer'

So yeah, good luck trying to get the discounted price, though congratulations if you can.

Team Jetfire
06-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Awww crapola...

I guess I was just lucky then. Sorry to anyone who took their time for it...

Sokar
06-16-2009, 01:21 PM
I'm sure at least some places probably still have it messed up on the shelf.

Depending on how stubborn you want to be you could still argue it with them and probably get it with the scanning code practices laws. It's still their mistake, so they should suck it up

Pascal
06-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Ah, c'mon man, we all know what the regular price is on those figures. If the toys actually had a sticker on them saying $4.99, then it would be another story.

Team Jetfire
06-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Like I said, they pulled a target....

Besides...$18 regular price...now that it stealing.

Megamould
06-16-2009, 02:07 PM
I'm near the Mckenzie London drugs so I went over to check it out, no wave 2 left! They had some wave 1 scouts and thats all I saw for rotf stuff. Didnt notice the price. Did come home with an extra animated swoop though. Sadly, he wasnt $5!

hugh_da_man
06-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Ah, c'mon man, we all know what the regular price is on those figures. If the toys actually had a sticker on them saying $4.99, then it would be another story.

I agree...if they scan at $5 then that's awesome but regular priced items located in the wrong section aren't covered by the scanner code of practice. Scanner code of practice is for things that scan at the higher price even though they are advertised at the lower price. Things being on the wrong pegs isn't covered.

Pascal
06-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Like I said, they pulled a target....

Besides...$18 regular price...now that it stealing.

More or less the same pricing as Hart. They have voyagers at $40 there.

Team Jetfire
06-16-2009, 02:15 PM
What is Hart?

On another note, Superstore had the movie deluxe figs for 19.99!?!

JLvatron
06-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Hart is a rip-off department store in Quebec. (I assume it aint in Ontario?)

Last Xmas they actually started giving discount prices on clothing. But I guess everything else continued at rip-off prices.

Mumps
06-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Superstore can afford to bring the price down to wal-mart level almost... why are they the most expensive retailer?

Probably because of that time I walked away with 6 Alternators for only $5 each, cause they hadn't put them into the computer yet >.>
And then another time with 3 Cybertron Mega's
And another time with a couple cybertron (I think..) deluxe. haha!

Not my fault, I didn't even suggest a price! Each time they took the price of the NEAREST sticker tag on the shelf. It was their own doing, I had no hand in it other than paying. Hell, I even said, "If this is going to cause any trouble for you guys, I'll just put em back"

Sokar
06-16-2009, 04:46 PM
they clearly had stocked the deluxes in front of the sale ticket with no other tickets for those toys and no tftm figures so it was their error. In the grocery stores that I've worked in it if items are stocked incorrectly like that it came under the scanning code, but it had to be a clear stocking error.

I'm not saying that anyone should argue it with them but I'm just saying if someone wanted to be stubborn about it they could try arguing and they might win in that case. by should I meant 'will likely', not 'are in some way obligated to'

If anyone's getting the feeling from my previous posts that I'm just mad about not getting my toys for cheap, I'm not. I didn't argue it with them and I know I'll just find them at walmart or tru eventually so it wasn't a big deal. The only thing I was a bit ticked about was how they tried to bs their way out of it when I questioned them on it. Nobody switched the items around in the morning because the store had just opened. Somebody stocked them that way, and it seems that's the case since it happened at other stores as well. They had no tftm figures to have put on clearance either, so that excuse just doesn't fly. I just wish they would have been honest and said that someone must have made a mistake where they put a tag or something along those lines. I don't feel jipped or cheated or anything like that at all, but it does feel a bit insulting when they try and cover up their mistakes like that when I wasn't being a jerk about it and didn't argue anything past telling them that the sign on the shelf said something different

Sideswipe
06-16-2009, 07:50 PM
Clerk: Oh, here's the transformers on sale.

*Holds up Digimon toy.

Customer: "FAIL"

Court rules in favor of the customer.

Nocturn
06-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Sigh.

Movie 2 Deluxes around and about:
TRU - $15
WalMart - $16
Zellers/Bay - $17
Sears/LD - $18
Superstore - $20
Discovery Hut - $22
Scalpers - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Sokar
06-17-2009, 12:26 AM
Clerk: Oh, here's the transformers on sale.

*Holds up Digimon toy.

Customer: "FAIL"

Court rules in favor of the customer.

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/mypokemans-cats-show-pokemons-demotivational-poster.jpg

Sigh.

Movie 2 Deluxes around and about:
TRU - $15
WalMart - $16
Zellers/Bay - $17
Sears/LD - $18
Superstore - $20
Discovery Hut - $22
Scalpers - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I didn't realise Sears actually had these already but one nice thing is that they have thier scratch and sniff er... save days and weekends with toys being on sale so if you're lucky you can sometimes get a good deal.

Superstore though is nuts!

Discovery hut is pretty bad too, though sometimes their stuff is in american packaging so at least you know that they didn't just walk down the mall to pick it up from zellers at half the price :rolleyes:

That's some nice comparison information though! :)