PDA

View Full Version : KO's in Chinatown Vancouver?

Prime_Pessimus
06-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Howdy,
So i went roaming through the streets of chinatown today (pender, keefer, etc). Walked all over into various novelty/toys/gifts shops hoping to find some rare gems.
Unfortunately the days of yore where many shops had quality toys from HK and China are over. One shop sold Reissue Jazz, must be KO cause it was a black porsche, hehehe, and also a Reissue Hot Rod. Both were listed at $80. Wtf.
But in the same store I grabbed the final 2 KO combiners I was missing. One was Abominus but with 2 computron? limbs (car, spaceship) instead. Hahha. The other KO combiner is 4 dino's (Tyranasaurous, Stego, Tricera, and Bronto) combining into one big bot. Their parts come apart like lego pieces to combine into the big bot.
So my collection of KO combiners include:
Devastator
Bruticus
Menasor
Defensor
Superion
Abominus
At $15Cdn bux a pop with no tax, it ain't bad to get the combiner-addiction outta the system easy on the wallet.
I know this is blasphemy to hardcore TF fans.
But like an addict, i'm always looking forward to my next hit- any way i can get it.

jjwankenobi
06-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Toy Planet at Crystal Mall by Metrotown also carries KO Combiners. Last time I was there a couple weeks back they had the Defensor, Superion and Devastator sets

Prime_Pessimus
06-16-2009, 07:21 PM
ah yes, it was there and at the richmond and chinatown 'night-markets' where i picked up most of me KO combiners.

RCMP officer, "ma'am... i'm gonna have to confiscate Bruticus and those little dinosaurs... don't you know kids are going to grow up not knowing how they really looked and felt like. Don't make me bring out the taser!"

BraveFortressMaximus
06-16-2009, 08:13 PM
Chinatown good for KO if you don't got the cash for the real things. I bought couple of those KO combiner out haha took most of them out of my collection and don't know what to do wit them now xD.

Sun Swipe Prime
06-16-2009, 08:24 PM
How much were the various combiners going for at the night markets?

Icetron
06-17-2009, 01:24 AM
I think about $15 or $20 for the normal-sized ones and $7 (or $10?) for the WSTs?

I honestly didn't plan to buy them so I didn't try to remember, sorry.

jjwankenobi
06-17-2009, 01:39 AM
How much were the various combiners going for at the night markets?

Yep, $15 is the average asking price for KO combiners at the Night Market and such.

If you're a "glass half empty" or "...half full" kinda person then $15 is either a waste of money or an awesome bargain considering the KO's I've seen are coloured similarly to the real deals from the '80s but the QC is apparently terrible.

Prime_Pessimus
06-17-2009, 01:48 AM
Crystall Mall is a good hunt as I've seen Superion, Defensor, and Menasor there recently.

It's quite hard to find Bruticus and near impossible to find Devastator now. But Devastator is the nicest (true lime-green n purple colors) of them all, followed closely by Bruticus (not true G1 colors, but very nice KO).

Next is Superion (3rd - Silverbolt: if you thought his thigh was flimsy in the G1, KO ugh), then Mensaor and Defensor equally (if you didn't like Devastor and Bruticus, you don't wanna know bout these). Finally Abominus: They were trying to recouperate the amount of screws gone into making KO Hun-Grrr.

There's also the $15 pak of triple changers (Blitzwing - green tank decent; Broadside - uggh, and some lame space-shuttle n jeep combiner guy). $15 to get KO Blitzwing is ok if you plan to leave him in tank mode... forever.

I think there are 2-3 other additional KO combiners in the $15 KO-china-paks available: like some lions/dragons to robo, trains to robo, and a buncho-spaceracecars to robo.

<damn i wanna get the rest of em now, just talking bout it>

Just ensure to have a screw driver (you'll need to tighten them), bottle of nail polish (prevent 'limb' falling off), exacto knife (cut excess plastic trim on bots), and nail clipper (need to trim some plastic off before they'll combine). Stickers: best to just peel em all off cuz they'll end up falling off when you transform em or when u start combining 'em anyways.

But at $15 a pop... I'm no critic. I knows what I'm buying.

note: Paks is economical bin 4 spare or replacement parts (guns, fists, feet-platforms, shields, heads...) for any incomplete combiners. Also for doing quickie custom paints; read: 'Ms. Pink Devastator anyone'?

TFtoys
06-27-2009, 07:16 AM
I request the exactly location in the daytime chinatown^^.
there is still toy vendor in Vancouver night market?

MisBio12
06-27-2009, 08:11 AM
ah yes, it was there and at the richmond and chinatown 'night-markets' where i picked up most of me KO combiners.

RCMP officer, "ma'am... i'm gonna have to confiscate Bruticus and those little dinosaurs... don't you know kids are going to grow up not knowing how they really looked and felt like. Don't make me bring out the taser!"
Really? and some stroes at first Markham place sold some KOs

SirToys
06-27-2009, 10:27 AM
The other KO combiner is 4 dino's (Tyranasaurous, Stego, Tricera, and Bronto) combining into one big bot.

Are these them (http://www.actionfigurechecklist.com/Images/Album/index.php?v=list&i=0&p=Transformers_KnockOff_KO/Other/Dinosaur_Form_Changer_Assembler)?

http://www.actionfigurechecklist.com/Images/Album/photos/Transformers_KnockOff_KO/Other/Dinosaur_Form_Changer_Assembler/DSC00802_Dinosaur_Robot_Form_Changer_Assembler.jpg

TFtoys
07-16-2009, 06:42 AM
I still didn't find the toy in the Chinatown night market.... where is the toy store or chinese store located?

C_Shewins
07-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Are these them (http://www.actionfigurechecklist.com/Images/Album/index.php?v=list&i=0&p=Transformers_KnockOff_KO/Other/Dinosaur_Form_Changer_Assembler)?

http://www.actionfigurechecklist.com/Images/Album/photos/Transformers_KnockOff_KO/Other/Dinosaur_Form_Changer_Assembler/DSC00802_Dinosaur_Robot_Form_Changer_Assembler.jpg
I saw these ones at Crystal Mall Toy's Planet as well in Burnaby.

Darth Wave
09-18-2009, 07:39 PM
ohhhhh.... these look nice! I'll pick up a set and paint them black. Not sure what it iss but I have been getting into KO's of late... hahaha!

brr-icy
09-18-2009, 07:55 PM
the trains aren't a ko of raiden?