PDA

View Full Version : verdict on KO black OP

Prime_Pessimus
06-14-2009, 04:12 AM
I just p/u MIOB KO Black Optimus Prime.

Pros:
Trailer markings say Made in France. Box print says made in Japan. No where does it say made in China. =)
Tinted dark windows. Nice touch.
Trailer fitment is tighter than my jap Takara Encore OP.
Everything is as tight and as good as jap Takara Encore OP.

Cons:
Trailer wheels (rubber) rubs the frame. Thus not as freely rolling as Encore. Rubber wheels budge slightly beyond side of trailer.

Verdict: KO black OP is equal to the quality of jap Takara Encore OP. Thus the KO black prime is quite a quality piece.

Go and buy KO black OP with confidence. I'm assuming the other KO OP variant's should be of similar quality. Thus, KO OP's quite good. Owning a minty fresh prime is priceless. =)

I hope KO wheeljack' quality is the same; as I'm awaiting him MISB. <drool>

I wonder if they have KO g1 Whirls. =)

justprime
06-14-2009, 07:14 AM
I just p/u MIOB KO Black Optimus Prime.

Pros:
Trailer markings say Made in France. Box print says made in Japan. No where does it say made in China. =)
Tinted dark windows. Nice touch.
Trailer fitment is tighter than my jap Takara Encore OP.
Everything is as tight and as good as jap Takara Encore OP.

Cons:
Trailer wheels (rubber) rubs the frame. Thus not as freely rolling as Encore. Rubber wheels budge slightly beyond side of trailer.

Verdict: KO black OP is equal to the quality of jap Takara Encore OP. Thus the KO black prime is quite a quality piece.

Go and buy KO black OP with confidence. I'm assuming the other KO OP variant's should be of similar quality. Thus, KO OP's quite good. Owning a minty fresh prime is priceless. =)

I hope KO wheeljack' quality is the same; as I'm awaiting him MISB. <drool>

I wonder if they have KO g1 Whirls. =)
Read your posted and wanted to add a bit I have the proto of the Ko Prime... with all gold plating instead of chrome silver,.. it was a planned piece that didn't happen,.. the quaility is as you have stated vary good (I don't have the tire problem) and compares well with my Japanese black edition,.. what I have been told aboult the Ko version is that the original molds (hasbro/Takara) were used and that the pieces were produced in France hence the stamping....remember the Optimus with the red feet....France.....all in all a good piece to collect if you want an affordable black Optimus,... also produced was a transparent Optimus(truck&trailer) and a Regular Optimus with gold chrome (anyone looking for the lucky draw replica at a reasonable price should look for these KO'S) again a top quailty Ko well worth the investment.
Justprime