PDA

View Full Version : another quick question(rotf spoiler possibly?)

chans formers
06-12-2009, 01:14 PM
this is a quick question for any and all who have bought the new leader class megs.in the idw movie adaptation,megatron is actually a triple changer.is the toy able to actually convert into both the jet and tank mode along with the botmode obviously?i'm still kinda on the fence about picking him up,mostly because i got a sick feeling the moment i do spend the 60 bones on him,hastak will release a "premium" version.but from looking at some of the pics you guys posted,i'm not sure if the jet mode is even possible????is this version actually worth the price???

GMfan
06-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Nah the leader only has Tank mode, I'll be interested to see how he transforms into the same jet from the first movie considering his new body...may be off screen transformations or flipping blurred transformations but interesting nevertheless.

I too am personally holding off on buying the leader at a $60 price point....if there isn't a better version down the pipeline I'll just repaint it myself :P

Pascal
06-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Movie adaptation #4 shows him transform directly from his Movie 1 jet mode to his Movie 2 tank mode. Pretty weird. I hope we get a toy that can do all 3 modes because the voyager winged tank isn't enough.

Megamould
06-12-2009, 01:36 PM
I don't think there's anyway you could possibly get a decent looking jet mode out of that toy, even if you slapped some wings on him. He's a big blocky mess with a tiny head, one skinny claw arm, and a giant gun arm that doesnt even pivot at the elbow. Very simple transformation. Pretty disappointing for a leader class figure. Even more disappointing when compared to the leader prime. His tank mode looks alright, but I totally regret buying him. Just couldnt help myself!

Pascal
06-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Wouldn't be the first Megatron with a simple transformation... Look at Energon or Armada Megatron... I think you can probably thank Megatron's simplicity for Optimus Prime's complexity/accuracy and Jetfire's size and combinability for the same price... What they saved on Megatron, they put on the other 2. Personally, I think Megatron is pretty cool.

chans formers
06-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Nah the leader only has Tank mode, I'll be interested to see how he transforms into the same jet from the first movie considering his new body...may be off screen transformations or flipping blurred transformations but interesting nevertheless.

maybe he'll transform like ratchet somehow and certain parts will just "roll" up to where they need to be:D
i really gotta stop reading the comics.....they keep gettin my hopes up:(:D

GMfan
06-12-2009, 01:57 PM
maybe he'll transform like ratchet somehow and certain parts will just "roll" up to where they need to be:D
i really gotta stop reading the comics.....they keep gettin my hopes up:(:D

Well movie one Megs alredy had the "rolling" transformation, and what I like to call panel transformation in his wings. His wings all split up and slit into smaller chunks on his back. You'll see the same thing with Jetfire this film by the looks of things, especially in the cockpit fuselage.

As for the rolling his legs kinda curled up and became the undercarriage and engines. For the toy it was difficult to pull any of that off so the wings just folded back in robot mode and feet went under the wings in jet mode.

chans formers
06-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Well movie one Megs alredy had the "rolling" transformation, and what I like to call panel transformation in his wings. His wings all split up and slit into smaller chunks on his back. You'll see the same thing with Jetfire this film by the looks of things, especially in the cockpit fuselage.

As for the rolling his legs kinda curled up and became the undercarriage and engines. For the toy it was difficult to pull any of that off so the wings just folded back in robot mode and feet went under the wings in jet mode.
i cant even count how many times ive seen the first movie and i didnt even notice meg's funny transformation sequence!(guess i'll be watching it again for the 3rd time this week:o:D)although there's the same "shifting/rolling" going on at the end of the movie when prime drifts out of the back alley from who know's where;)

GMfan
06-12-2009, 02:57 PM
i cant even count how many times ive seen the first movie and i didnt even notice meg's funny transformation sequence!(guess i'll be watching it again for the 3rd time this week:o:D)although there's the same "shifting/rolling" going on at the end of the movie when prime drifts out of the back alley from who know's where;)

Well you can see the legs a little better when Megatron transforms back to robot mode and lands infront of Starscream, you see the fire coming out of the bottom of his feet indicating the engine placement.

tusko
06-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Can the first movie Megs be made into a tank somehow?
Imaginary treads vs. imaginary wings.... the battle begins!

Megamould
06-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Wouldn't be the first Megatron with a simple transformation... Look at Energon or Armada Megatron... I think you can probably thank Megatron's simplicity for Optimus Prime's complexity/accuracy and Jetfire's size and combinability for the same price... What they saved on Megatron, they put on the other 2. Personally, I think Megatron is pretty cool.

Agreed. I didn't like TF1 leader Megs at first either, but he grew on me. I think a ball joint on the gun arm, a properly proportioned left arm, and a little paint would do wonders for this figure. Still don't think he's quite worth the $60 price tag though. I'm sure someone will find a way to bash this with the TF1 leader to make an awesome triple changer. There has to be a way!