PDA

View Full Version : BBTS Pre-order up for Asia Henkei D.I.A. Commander

Unicrons_Domain
06-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Hey everyone,

I just noticed that BBTS has D.I.A. Commander up for preorder (AKA Asia version of Powered Commander for the Henkei convoy) for $119.99US. Check out the link below.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...06&mode=retail (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FPJ10006&mode=retail)

UltraMarknus
06-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Yep, looks good. No suitcase though, so thats nice for us TCon-ers.

Batman
06-09-2009, 12:38 PM
It is nice but I'm probably going to pass.

Pascal
06-09-2009, 01:51 PM
Maybe I'll get one and try to sell my TFcon version without the suitcase...

Vader
06-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Ordered...thanks for the heads up.

Unicrons_Domain
06-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Ordered...thanks for the heads up.

Not a Problem! :)

Sideswipe
06-09-2009, 07:45 PM
pass.

grr.

C_Shewins
06-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Just wondering. What shipping method do u guys choose to buy from BBTS?

pandaprime
06-10-2009, 12:02 AM
just wondering what does the D.I.A. stand for?:confused:

Vader
06-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Just wondering. What shipping method do u guys choose to buy from BBTS?

I use their "Pile Of Loot" to hold my purchases and then get them to ship them USPS Air Mail. Works great.

astrana
06-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Japanese Market Exlusive? I dont get it

JLvatron
06-10-2009, 09:16 AM
I think FansProject don't understand what 'exclusive' means.

Unicrons_Domain
06-10-2009, 09:26 AM

I was wondering that too???

QuadESL63
06-10-2009, 11:06 AM
I can see a lot of disgruntle '09 TFCon attendees from less than a mile away :p

I will pass because I'm waiting for the Rodimus Prime armor/trailer.

Darth Grimlock
06-10-2009, 11:11 AM
And with duty you could probably add on an additional $27-35 ontop of the total price.

Quantum
06-10-2009, 11:15 AM
And with duty you could probably add on an additional $27-35 ontop of the total price.

Yup.

GMfan
06-10-2009, 12:01 PM

I was wondering that too???

It was an acronym made up for our Powered Commander bio, Aernaroth came up with the D.I.A. Clone idea and I made the acronym, Defense Intelligence Agency.

Pascal
06-10-2009, 12:11 PM
I think FansProject don't understand what 'exclusive' means.

They do, they just don't care.

astrana
06-10-2009, 12:28 PM
They do, they just don't care.

IMO it's BBTS' marketing plan to sell it since they have a feeling it wont be as popular as the previous 3 armor

Unicrons_Domain
06-10-2009, 01:13 PM
It was an acronym made up for our Powered Commander bio, Aernaroth came up with the D.I.A. Clone idea and I made the acronym, Defense Intelligence Agency.

Thanks GMfan101!

faustx
06-10-2009, 02:32 PM
And on cue, here it comes into the North American market despite their assurances to the contrary....and btw, it was totally within their grasp to limit their primary clients in Asia from selling outside their sales zones...those kinds of agreements happen all the time.

Crobot91
06-10-2009, 03:01 PM
And on cue, here it comes into the North American market despite their assurances to the contrary....and btw, it was totally within their grasp to limit their primary clients in Asia from selling outside their sales zones...those kinds of agreements happen all the time.

Big deal - why the sour grapes? At least now people (who couldn't make it to Transformers Con) get to buy these on their own terms without having to pay crazy eBay prices or asking/begging for help from fellow boardmembers. I say good for Fans Project for helping out those who don't want to get their wallets raped by scalpers.

Pascal
06-10-2009, 03:07 PM
Hey, I couldn't attend Botcon this year... Can those guys please make additional units with superior decos and sell them at a lower price to me and others who couldn't go? I guess that would be okay because that's exactly what you're suggesting. That exclusives don't really need to stay exclusive if the people who are too cheap or just missed the opportunity whine loud enough.

Sideswipe
06-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Big deal - why the sour grapes? At least now people (who couldn't make it to Transformers Con) get to buy these on their own terms without having to pay crazy eBay prices or asking/begging for help from fellow boardmembers. I say good for Fans Project for helping out those who don't want to get their wallets raped by scalpers.

As one of the 500 people who was led to beleive that they had an exclusive, who paid the extra dollar to travel there (some people FLEW there frm abroad), stay at the hotel and eat expensive food (even with a trip to the grocery store before leaving Ottawa)I disagree and would have no sympathy for anyone who would have had to pay a mark up to get one.

Hey, I couldn't attend Botcon this year... Can those guys please make additional units with superior decos and sell them at a lower price to me and others who couldn't go? I guess that would be okay because that's exactly what you're suggesting. That exclusives don't really need to stay exclusive if the people who are too cheap or just missed the opportunity whine loud enough.

exactly.

Lysist
06-10-2009, 03:19 PM
I am sure GMfan's answer is totally correct but I like to think it stands for "Did It Again". Fans Project can now use Britney's tune as part of their marketing.

Sideswipe
06-10-2009, 03:24 PM
I am sure GMfan's answer is totally correct but I like to think it stands for "Did It Again". Fans Project can now use Britney's tune as part of their marketing.

Maybe that's what will be included instead of the energon suitcase, a little tape deck that plays the song.

Honestly I think I would laugh my ass off if that happened.

JLvatron
06-10-2009, 03:53 PM

Leave Britney alone!! :(

HAHA, I like your acronym, it goes well with FP.

honestly, FP are bad initials in Transformers fandom for FansProject and FunPublication (botcon) cause they both screw over fans who pay them and care nothing about agreements and guidelines which they themselves have established.

hugh_da_man
06-10-2009, 03:55 PM

They released it to the asian market, if those people turn around and sell it to someone on this side of the world then FansProject can't really do anything even if they have contracts/agreements. They aren't a huge corporation who retains lawyers and all that.

After seeing this I still like the TFCon one better but will probably get one of these as well to have the collection.

Crobot91
06-10-2009, 03:55 PM
As one of the 500 people who was led to beleive that they had an exclusive, who paid the extra dollar to travel there (some people FLEW there frm abroad), stay at the hotel and eat expensive food (even with a trip to the grocery store before leaving Ottawa)I disagree and would have no sympathy for anyone who would have had to pay a mark up to get one.

exactly.

Your point of view is selfish IMO - I too paid $150 for one at the show and I'm not upset about the new release; much like I wasn't upset that eHobby re-released G1 Sunstorm (even though I had 2 in my possession prior to the announcement). I like the idea of me having another chance to buy another Powered Commander for my henkei version Prime without buying from the scalpers on these boards. I also like the idea of a casual TF fan being given a chance to buy this without having to attend a convention.

Unicrons_Domain
06-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Relax People! Like it or hate it they’re here to stay, just don't support it Financially. Why get frustrated over something we cannot change, right?

Bruticus82
06-10-2009, 04:08 PM

Nice work on that acronym. I really enjoyed the backstory too.

JLvatron
06-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Your point of view is selfish IMO - I too paid $150 for one at the show and I'm not upset about the new release; much like I wasn't upset that eHobby re-released G1 Sunstorm (even though I had 2 in my possession prior to the announcement). I like the idea of me having another chance to buy another Powered Commander for my henkei version Prime without buying from the scalpers on these boards. I also like the idea of a casual TF fan being given a chance to buy this without having to attend a convention.

This is different as people were told something by the seller that GREATLY INFLUENCED their decision to buy it in the 1st place. Then the seller turns around and says they lied to you.

I'm sure you agree, people have a right to feel betrayed.

...Don't-chew?

GMfan
06-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Nice work on that acronym. I really enjoyed the backstory too.

The back story was mostly written by Aernaroth and Protoman....I just did the acronym and we all kinda filtered through all the bio various ideas that were mustered.

jourdo
06-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Meh, happy with the one I already have.

Relax People! Like it or hate it they’re here to stay, just don't support it Financially. Why get frustrated over something we cannot change, right?

Because it is fun? :confused:

The back story was mostly written by Aernaroth and Protoman....I just did the acronym and we all kinda filtered through all the bio various ideas that were mustered.

Any chance of the back story/bio ever being released in a full colour format? Pretty please.

venksta
06-11-2009, 12:00 AM
FansProject already stated DIA Commander would be released through an asian wholesaler, who would be distributing it to asian retailers. So BBTS can't buy their stock directly from FP like previously, they have to go through this wholesaler and pay more. FP can't stop BBTS from buying it either. As for the deco, I think FP did a good thing to make all those changes. Side by side in trailer mode, they both look different now. If anyone is mad DIA has a "superior" deco, then their should not have been that outcry to make a big change for this version. But I think in the end, the TFCon version is still an exclusive, since their is enough changes in DIA's look.

This is different as people were told something by the seller that GREATLY INFLUENCED their decision to buy it in the 1st place. Then the seller turns around and says they lied to you.

...Don't-chew?

TFCon sold Powered Commander to fans, not FP themselves, right?

blitz
06-11-2009, 02:55 AM
FansProject already stated DIA Commander would be released through an asian wholesaler, who would be distributing it to asian retailers. So BBTS can't buy their stock directly from FP like previously, they have to go through this wholesaler and pay more. FP can't stop BBTS from buying it either. As for the deco, I think FP did a good thing to make all those changes. Side by side in trailer mode, they both look different now. If anyone is mad DIA has a "superior" deco, then their should not have been that outcry to make a big change for this version. But I think in the end, the TFCon version is still an exclusive, since their is enough changes in DIA's look.

TFCon sold Powered Commander to fans, not FP themselves, right?And to scalpers.

Shepp
06-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Ok, I'm sick and tired of all this "exclusive" stuff. TFCon had the right idea, since there are stickers to associate the set with the convention.

That is what an exclusive should be. I mean, there's no visible way to associate ALT Rodimus or ALT Nemesis Prime to SDCC. And store exclusives are just stupid and money-hungry.

The purpose of an exclusive is to bring people together and have them share a connection. They would have an item that says "I was there" or "I really support this" or "I'm such a huge fan of this franchise and this event". Its not for financial gain. Its not for an investment. And it should be clear to people that don't know about the whole genre or series.

The purpose of an exclusive is not self serving elitism. Yes it is elitism to an extent, but not self serving.

An exclusive should be an extra, something not needed to complete a series (*cough* Alt exclusives *cough*) but rather something that adds to a collection. The whole shatered glass series is a perfect example of this. Its an extra. But each of those figures should have a BotCon Exclusive stamp somewhere on them. That way if they were to be released at retail, the exclusives would still be unique and connected to the event.

By getting an exclusive I don't feel I should be denying the general population of something they should have access to.

So yeah, I think TFCon did it right. If/when I ever get mine, I'll proudly apply the stickers and display it. I know I wasn't there, but I support TFCon and I'm a great fan of it. I think it would have been better to have the con's logo painted on, as was originally requested by TFCon, as far as I know. A lot of people got this set for all the wrong reasons, and the permanant TFCon logo probably would have eased the issue with Henkei release.

Bruticus82
06-11-2009, 08:27 AM
I like the changes that they made to the deco. It is immediately visually distinctive when you look at it in trailer mode. The differences are more subtle in bot mode, but still there.

I'm glad that they made those changes.

Pascal
06-11-2009, 09:28 AM
People have been misled to think that Powered Commander, THE CHARACTER/CONCEPT, would be a TFcon exclusive. Not just a variation of it.

Crobot91
06-11-2009, 10:17 AM

...Don't-chew?

I'm not really convinced that this argument is valid. I believe it was already known that there was going to be another version of the Powered Commander released but TFCon organizers went out of their way to silence or defy anyone who mentioned this. The preliminary digital artwork identified that TFCon's exclusive would be one version of the Powered Commander release; suggesting that another version would be made too. In addition, there were threads on www.tfw2005.com (http://www.tfw2005.com) with boardmembers identifying that they had confirmation from hidden sources that another release/version would be made.

It seemes to me that it was only the TFCon organizers who kept insisting that this would be an exclusive in what they perceived an 'exclusive' should be. Not that this assumption is their fault either...

During the last two TFCons did anyone have a chance to actually talk to the FP representatives? I did and their english is horrible (I mean really, really bad; no sentence structure; mistaking nouns with verbs; etc.) and was even worse the previous year. I can only assume that there was poor verbal communication between FP and TFCon organizers. I'm guessing that FP really did not understand what the term 'exclusive' means.

If this was a contractually-binding agreement then there would be an argument over this asian release. But since this seems to have been a verbal agreement based on a conversation resulting from miscommunication, no one should be directly blamed....

Seems to me the only people really upset about the japanese release are:

a) those who paid too much for it after TFCon (via scalpers), or

b) those who bought too many at the show with the sole intent of making money off of other boardmembers...

My 2 cents.

Pascal
06-11-2009, 10:20 AM
And

c) those who got it for face value and still understand what the word "exclusive" means

venksta
06-11-2009, 10:58 AM
It seemes to me that it was only the TFCon organizers who kept insisting that this would be an exclusive in what they perceived an 'exclusive' should be. Not that this assumption is their fault either...

That is one point a lot of people are willing to look over sadly, and blame FP entirely for calling Powered Commander a TFCon exclusive. Seriously, consider how many people were exposed to the animated TFCon banner showing the photo of Powered Convoy with the words TFCon exclusive, compared to those that visited FansProject's website and saw their promo picture with the TFCon Exclusive Version wording. The TFCon animated banner was seen all over the place, here, TFW2005, even the Allspark still has it up, lol.

teruo313
06-11-2009, 11:54 AM

During the last two TFCons did anyone have a chance to actually talk to the FP representatives? I did and their english is horrible (I mean really, really bad; no sentence structure; mistaking nouns with verbs; etc.) and was even worse the previous year. I can only assume that there was poor verbal communication between FP and TFCon organizers. I'm guessing that FP really did not understand what the term 'exclusive' means.

If this was a contractually-binding agreement then there would be an argument over this asian release. But since this seems to have been a verbal agreement based on a conversation resulting from miscommunication, no one should be directly blamed....

I do think some blame does fall upon the organizers of the TFcon. I've seen the language barrier arguement being thrown around and to me, that's not a valid reason for miscommunication. Considering we live in a very multicultural society, it's not that difficult to find someone who can speak the same language as those at FP.

Also from the statements made by both parties, it seems that the agreement for an exclusive was verbal only and that's a BIG mistake when it comes to doing business.

The main sticking point for me is who is lying. FP stated they told TFcon about an asian version and TFcon stated that they didn't. Again, it might be mixed up in communication, but I find that difficult to believe.

Mistakes are made, and hopefully learned from for the next con, but really atleast to me, it seems they were easily avoidable ones.

That is what an exclusive should be. I mean, there's no visible way to associate ALT Rodimus or ALT Nemesis Prime to SDCC. And store exclusives are just stupid and money-hungry.

By getting an exclusive I don't feel I should be denying the general population of something they should have access to.

I have to disagree on that. If someone chooses to buy an exclusive and profit from it, then that's fine with me. As much of a fan I am, I always have a tendancy to look at things from a business prospective (I guess I can't escape work) and if someone sees an opportunity to profit from a product that's high demand and low supply, I say it's just good business sense. I know it's not a popular view, but it's how I look at things. I won't lie, I've sold some items that were at a high market value, but then I've also sold items well below market. Most times I throw it up on eBay with a low starting bid, if the price skyrockets, than that's demand for you.

The general public does have access to exclusive figures, same way as they have access to MISB G1 figures.

Does it suck for people to have to pay high prices for some figures, of course. Is it fair? arguable. Of course, it's always nice and well appreciated if someone offers up an exclusive at a much lower price then market value, but hey, it's up to that individual to decide if they want to sell it at market or something closer to cost and who am I to say that it's right or wrong.

jourdo
06-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Also from the statements made by both parties, it seems that the agreement for an exclusive was verbal only and that's a BIG mistake when it comes to doing business.

Mistakes are made, and hopefully learned from for the next con, but really atleast to me, it seems they were easily avoidable ones.

Two key points here. A mistake was made, a lesson was learned (I hope), and I do not see something like this happening again.

Would I rather this have been a TFcon exclusive, like I thought it was? Yes... absolutely. Does it make it any less special for me? Nope.

Wheelie
06-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Two key points here. A mistake was made, a lesson was learned (I hope), and I do not see something like this happening again.

Would I rather this have been a TFcon exclusive, like I thought it was? Yes... absolutely. Does it make it any less special for me? Nope.

That's how everyone should look at it, but you know that this will never happen. Unfortunately, you cannot please everyone!

Richter
06-11-2009, 11:45 PM
In the end, and in the future, the TFCon powered commander will still be worth significantly more than the DIA. No matter how close the deco, rareity determines value.

Redfoot prime?

onecoin
06-12-2009, 02:18 AM
People have been misled to think that Powered Commander, THE CHARACTER/CONCEPT, would be a TFcon exclusive. Not just a variation of it.

I don't think that can be said any better.

Exclusive or not. Anyone that bought it for themselves got a great toy worth $120 dollars, Those that pre reg, got a better deal. UM is totally worth that. And this one looks pretty kick ass.

Scalpers congrats, you guys drop one step lower on the scum food chain. Scalpers victims. Lesson learned.

What I don't like is seeing a Transformers Convention burning bridges with a very cool company. Or vice-versa depending on how you see it. I would like to see another FP TFcon exclusive, going the route of small 3rd party products seems more likely than getting Hasbro/Funpublications to provide an exclusive.