PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro's June Transformers Q&A Answers for Cybertron.ca

Super_Megatron
06-04-2009, 03:45 PM
1) Is there anything planned for the Transformers brand in the next year that doesn't involve the movie in any way?
Revenge of the Fallen, Animated and Universe will be out at retail throughout the remainder of 2009. We will continue to offer non-movie characters throughout the year. As for 2010, it is still a little too early to discuss our plans at this time.

2) How much will the popularity and success of the ROTF Supreme Devastator set influence the inclusion of Combiners in future lines? Will we continue to see combiners that don't include individual robot modes?
Combination play is an important part of the Transformers experience and the combiners in the future will not necessarily be limited to vehicle/combined modes only.

3) Will the Target exclusive Shockwave and Sunstorm sets see a Canadian release?
Yes, it is currently available at Zellers in Canada.

Bruticus82
06-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Nice! Too bad one of them isn't relevant, since we all know Sunstorm/Shockwave are out now, but the question was relevant when we asked it.

Nice to know they don't rule out future combiners.

Matrix_Holder
06-04-2009, 03:51 PM
I would like to know if they are releasing the universe devastator in canada. i have never seen one on the shelves, was it actually released here?

Bruticus82
06-04-2009, 03:53 PM
I think that was the first Universe line, a few years ago. I thougth I remembered seeing them in Wal-Mart...

Paradigm-Shift Prime
06-04-2009, 04:01 PM
No, the Classics Devistator from a couple of years ago never made it to Canadian retail.

I'm not sure what is meant by the answer to question 1 ("ROTF, Animated, and Universe will be on shelves throughout 2009"): Does that mean new (post-ROTF introduction) figures will be coming out for Animated and Universe? (i.e. Rodimus, Arcee, Uni Silverbolt and Onslaught repaints) Or that previous releases will still be on the shelves throughout ROTF?

chans formers
06-04-2009, 04:09 PM
I would like to know if they are releasing the universe devastator in canada. i have never seen one on the shelves, was it actually released here?devastator was a walmart us exclusive,like the white mp starscream,alt rumble and alt jaguar ravage:(

No, the Classics Devistator from a couple of years ago never made it to Canadian retail.

I'm not sure what is meant by the answer to question 1 ("ROTF, Animated, and Universe will be on shelves throughout 2009"): Does that mean new (post-ROTF introduction) figures will be coming out for Animated and Universe? (i.e. Rodimus, Arcee, Uni Silverbolt and Onslaught repaints) Or that previous releases will still be on the shelves throughout ROTF?it'll be new ones that they showed at botcon this year(soundblaster/ratbat,arcee,roddy,etc.)there's a thread in here somewhere that has pics of all the new/upcoming bots.i myself just learned about it last night:o:D

i like hasbro's answers to questions #1 and2.but like bruticus said,#3 is kinda irrelevant now.

UltraPrimal
06-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Woohoo! They picked my question for number 1!:D So happy!:) Too bad they're a little late with the answers.

crimbot
06-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Combination play is an important part of the Transformers experience and the combiners in the future will not necessarily be limited to vehicle/combined modes only.

I'm kind of taking that as meaning that we may get more power rangers in the transformers line? Am I interpreting this wrong? Whatever happened to plain old technical English yes or no answers:)

Mighty_Galvatron
06-04-2009, 11:44 PM
1) Is there anything planned for the Transformers brand in the next year that doesn't involve the movie in any way?
Revenge of the Fallen, Animated and Universe will be out at retail throughout the remainder of 2009. We will continue to offer non-movie characters throughout the year. As for 2010, it is still a little too early to discuss our plans at this time.

2) How much will the popularity and success of the ROTF Supreme Devastator set influence the inclusion of Combiners in future lines? Will we continue to see combiners that don't include individual robot modes?

3) Will the Target exclusive Shockwave and Sunstorm sets see a Canadian release?
Yes, it is currently available at Zellers in Canada.

Those answers are useless.

Blurrz
06-05-2009, 12:52 AM
I hope that second answer hints at a possible RotF Devastator Combiner... with actual robot modes.. If only....

Pascal
06-07-2009, 12:58 AM
It just means they will more than likely produce fully transformable combiners again.