PDA

View Full Version : What would you do with 2 right hands...

Team Jetfire
06-02-2009, 12:51 PM
on a SWTF Capt Rex figure?

I picked him up on sale and found that I have been given the old Hasbro QC switcharo. I like the figure and would like one that is correct, but I have also just watched Toy Story a feel bad for a toy that doesn't fit in.

So the options are a s follows:

1. Feel bad for Rex and take pity on him by adding him to the collection even though he has a abnormality.

2. Take him back to TRU and nerd rage all over them for selling a toy with 2 right hands. (keep in mind, I may or may not have the receipt still...) This also could mean that I will not be able to get Rex again, as he may not be in stock.

3. E-mail Hasbro asking for a replacement. Again no guarantee that I will get another one, but given that he is still current there should be no issue in getting a replacement.

4. WTF....SWTF!?! you still buy these pieces of shit? (if this is your answer, please think of a figure that you like and pretend that it came with two right hands...lets be honest, it should not be too hard...lol)

I am leaning to keep it. It is a small thing that makes that figure mine, but the OCD in me may want to take it back...

astrana
06-02-2009, 12:55 PM
5. Get Chans to fix it for you hahahahaha

Pascal
06-02-2009, 01:13 PM
I once returned a Death Star Darth Vader with a missing cape to Hasbro and they sent me a new one.

crimbot
06-02-2009, 01:21 PM
I'd keep him.. your story makes me feel for the little guy haha. Hes got character and a backstory now:)

jourdo
06-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Send him to the island of misfit toys where he can have all sorts of wacky adventures with that drunk reindeer and his elf buddy.

... or keep him. If it doesn't cause you too much grief, then put him up on the shelf. Maybe in the back row though as you don't want to advertise that you accept these kinds of abominations.

Robimus
06-02-2009, 01:40 PM
Throw it on Ebay, rare factory defect-$200, Star Wars fans love the screw ups:p

GMfan
06-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Oh good....based off the title, I thought I'd have to lock this thread :P

Darth Wave
06-02-2009, 02:01 PM
1. Feel bad for Rex and take pity on him by adding him to the collection even though he has a abnormality.

chans formers
06-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Send him to the island of misfit toys where he can have all sorts of wacky adventures with that drunk reindeer and his elf buddy.lolz!!

Throw it on Ebay, rare factory defect-$200, Star Wars fans love the screw ups:p
sad thing is that i can actually see that working:D
Oh good....based off the title, I thought I'd have to lock this thread :Pwhat were you thinking of??;):D

Shepp
06-02-2009, 02:21 PM
I think the best and coolest looking option would be to get out a soldering iron and some paint, and go to town on the figure.

Make him look as haggard and battle-worn as possible, and of course remove the improper hand, make it look like it was blown apart or severed by a lightsaber.

Team Jetfire
06-02-2009, 02:31 PM
lolz!!

sad thing is that i can actually see that working
what were you thinking of??

Oh good....based off the title, I thought I'd have to lock this thread :P

He was obviously thinking about how to end a typical night out with Megan Fox and Jessica Alba.....

by watching them arm wrestle over who gets the last burrito. Jeez you guys are pervs...

BadJeff
06-02-2009, 03:02 PM
2 right hands eh... well, clapping is out of the question..
For all i know all of my SWTF's have 2 right hands... they're the only ones i leave in vehicle mode. Don't think i've ever transformed 80% of them.

Protoman
06-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Your lucky it's something you can return.

I bought a case of SCF TF PVCs back in the early 2000s and 2 figures had right hands, which was a common problem during the early production run.

It happened again to a J-TF toy. I got the Robotmaster Skywarp/Thundercracker set and Skywarp had 2 right hands...... lovely.

Nocturn
06-02-2009, 07:30 PM
1 and 4.

CobraCommander
06-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Two right hands could come in handy, just image 2x "High Fives"... he'll be the coolest Trooper in the Galaxy!

MisBio12
06-02-2009, 08:04 PM
I gith ot a universe Ratchet with two right hands