PDA

View Full Version : Is TFA Wreck-Gar EVER going to hit Canadian shelves?

SilverBot
05-28-2009, 02:51 PM
I know there were sightings for Skywarp and Longarm Prime on the west cost but they never hit here in Ontario. I remember GMfan101 mention something like there's going to be a cut off date to these figures were going to be close to this weekend (May 31) and that we should panic then.

Well I'm panicking now! I have yet to se Skywarp, Longarm Prime and WRECK-GAR HASN'T EVEN BEEN RELEASED!!! :pWho really cares about Atomic Lugnut. I'm scared we won't even see them...

Is anyone else scared this is going to happen as well?

Evan
05-28-2009, 02:55 PM
I hate to say it, but from past experience, I'd say we arn't getting them.

montague78
05-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Dude i know exactly how you feel!! Not so much of a Wreckgar fan but i felt like that for Premium SS. and i hate having to resort to ebay and stuff.
I'll keep you in mind if/when i do see Wreckgar in stores.

Uberman
05-28-2009, 02:56 PM
I've seen Atomic Lugnut here and there, and Purple Shockwave and Sunstorm sets, but never Wreck-Gar or Skywarp. And Skywarp is what I'd very much like, thank you very much. [There was never a Voyager-sized Thundercracker, was there?]

Lysist
05-28-2009, 02:59 PM
I have a feeling we will not be seeing a wide release of warp,longarm/graywave, Automic Lugnut, and Wreck-gar in Canada. With the ROTF figures coming out and Animated being done (at least as far as the show is concerned), I bet that Hasbro Canada is not going to bother with them. Canada usally gets jacked when a line comes to an end.

Pascal
05-28-2009, 03:03 PM
It kinda makes me feel better about paying more than retail for him back in December...

Grimlock09 here had one for sale last time I checked. Might be your only chance outside of Ebay. :)

That said, maybe the remaining Animated figures will get repackaged under the Universe label later.

Magnimus
05-28-2009, 03:05 PM
Yeah, I am very skeptical that we'll see these figures at retailers during the movie blitz. I personally feel we've missed the boat on these

Baryonyx
05-28-2009, 03:15 PM
I feel like I've said this a thousand times, but I emailed Hasbro and actually asked them about their product, and they said that they were scheduled for release although they could not say when.

According to the customer service agent I talked to, the next TFA Voyagers are supposed to be available at WalMart, Zellers, and Toys R Us.

I strongly urge you to contact Hasbro directly and request (politely!) that they release them in Canada. I know the ROTF blitz is coming, but TFA and other lines already share shelf space... I don't see why a couple more Voyager TFAs can't share space with ROTF. Companies like Hasbro have customer service for a reason. Tell them you want Wreck-Gar!

Pascal
05-28-2009, 03:17 PM
I don't think it's a matter of Hasbro of not wanting to release them but the stores not wanting to order them now that the ROTF flood is about to start.

kuo0110
05-28-2009, 03:46 PM
It kinda makes me feel better about paying more than retail for him back in December...

Grimlock09 here had one for sale last time I checked. Might be your only chance outside of Ebay. :)

That said, maybe the remaining Animated figures will get repackaged under the Universe label later.

Sorry guys, I just bought that one off of him! ;)

Robimus
05-28-2009, 03:47 PM
At this point I doubt it, not with the ROTF stuff all incoming.

Mumps
05-28-2009, 03:55 PM
heh, this is why I ordered mine from Automaton when they had it available. Retail price + shipping was totally worth it :D

jourdo
05-28-2009, 04:34 PM
I am sad to say that we will not likely get him. Skywarp and Wreck-Gar are still high on my want list. Looks like eBay is the only option unless my hail Mary pass comes through.

Team Jetfire
05-28-2009, 04:50 PM
I went to online route for Wreck-gar, but may have to be happy with my Purplewave. Either way the other re-apints are a pass for me.

SimonMK
05-28-2009, 05:50 PM
TFA Skywarp and Shockwave are still not available in Quebec... same for TFU Leo Prime. I want to buy them here because I prefer the bilingual package (for the bio being on the instruction sheet).

:(

Iron Moose
05-28-2009, 06:07 PM
They'll probably show up at Winners around Christmas or something. And then we'll all feel silly...

Darth Grimlock
05-28-2009, 06:28 PM
In Michigan (where I sometimes get my stuff), Skywarp and Longarm were very difficult to find. Wreck-Gar was hard to find over there, but now he's everywhere.

Magnimus
05-28-2009, 07:10 PM
I strongly urge you to contact Hasbro directly and request (politely!) that they release them in Canada.

Hasbro can't do much if retailers aren't ordering the product. I get the feeling that the animated voyagers didn't sell well (or the retailers ordered too many to satisfy demand). I have no proof for this other than that many Wal-Marts still have voyager Lugnut and Bulkhead on the shelf)

I suspect most retailers stopped putting in product orders before the Wreck-Gar wave and probably have no plans to carry anything but movie verse toys for the summer now.

JaySmith
05-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Wreck-Gar isn't even available for order from HTS. :(

CobraCommander
05-28-2009, 07:35 PM
Can't wait for SQ1 "warehouse find" clearance sale! :p

brr-icy
05-28-2009, 07:49 PM
oredered him and greywave from the us a while back, seen skywarp at the comic book shop for $31 and figured i could wait for retail, so now i need him still, i think we are screwed as far as they go, i still don't have a sunstorm or purplewave and am not going to buy them from zellers anytime soon

SilverBot
05-29-2009, 02:37 AM
Wow, That's really upsetting I was really looking forward to getting this figures. Canada SUCKS when it comes to getting toys.

hugh_da_man
05-29-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm pretty sure these waves are going to be difficult to find at Canadian retail. My guess is that Zellers will be our only hope since they had Sunstorm and Shockwave.

Does anyone who routinely travels down to the states want to make a couple extra bucks by picking me up a Wreck-gar, Sky Warp, and Greywave on their next shopping trip? I'll pay extra for your troubles and the cost of shipping of course.

I'd go down to the US more but the closest place is Montana and their TF selection is usually terrible at best.

wheeljaxx
05-29-2009, 11:21 PM
i'm still waiting for universe inferno

blitz
05-29-2009, 11:36 PM
i'm still waiting for universe infernoAlmost everyone is and it might not show up too now with all that ROTF stuff. :(

Tekkamanraiden
05-29-2009, 11:58 PM
i'm still waiting for universe inferno

Saw him with Ratchet and Hotshot at the Whiteoaks Walmart in London 3 weeks ago.

SilverBot
05-30-2009, 07:12 PM
THERE'S STILL HOPE!

If you guys read the interviews at botcon, there's at least 2 more waves of TFA coming out and then continued in the Universe/Classics line.

I'm so happy :D

Sun Swipe Prime
05-31-2009, 12:26 AM
THERE'S STILL HOPE!

If you guys read the interviews at botcon, there's at least 2 more waves of TFA coming out and then continued in the Universe/Classics line.

Yah... I wonder if they'll realease the Animated Arcee.

SilverBot
05-31-2009, 01:20 PM
Yah... I wonder if they'll realease the Animated Arcee.

Her and Electrostatic Soundwave are the next scheduled wave!

MisBio12
05-31-2009, 01:27 PM
Her and Electrostatic Soundwave are the next scheduled wave!
There is a chance that we may not them because remember it said it may be in places and with ROFT flooding retail shelves

QuadESL63
05-31-2009, 01:31 PM
THERE'S STILL HOPE!

I will believe it when I see it. And, I will preorder them once they are available from online stores. They way I see it I'd rather be safe than sorry. I don't have faith with Canadian retails...