PDA

View Full Version : Recommend an Online dealer.

Transbot90210
05-21-2009, 01:06 PM
I use to do business with an online dealer but the last transaction went sour. Kooltoys is a great site and all but I don't feel like giving someone my money when they don't respect my patronage.

So outside of Kooltoys can anyone recommand a good site to buy figures from (figures not available at local retail). What I am looking for is someone with fair pricing, fast shipping with reasonable shipping rates. Also if you are going to recommend an American dealer how do you go abouts avoiding customs or how bad are custom fees?

Thank you for your help my fellow Canadians. With the fan made items getting increasingly better I really need a new supplier to deal with.

Thanx
Transbot90210

ChrisW
05-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Automaton Toys is a great Canadian retailer. After factoring in the US/CDN exchange rate, they tend to have the best prices for Canadians. Their suppliers seem to be a bit slow in getting Japanese releases to them, but once they get stock their turnaround time is quite fast.

Robot Kingdom has really good prices and tends to get things in stock first since they're in Hong Kong. Shipping is very expensive, though. If you place a big order you tend to save money even factoring in the exchange rate.

TF Source has decent prices and fantastic service. If you want to get something in mint condition, get it from TF Source.

I've shopped with all of the above multiple times and would not hesitate to do business with them again.

hugh_da_man
05-21-2009, 02:06 PM
+1 for TFSource and Automaton

I buy everything I can at Automaton and then if it's something they don't carry at Automaton I'll get it from TFSource.

I've also bought from BBTS in a pinch but I've always ended up paying extra tax at the border.

Bruticus82
05-21-2009, 02:08 PM
+1 for Automaton.

I've never bought from TFSource, but reading these reviews, I think I'll consider it.

BadJeff
05-21-2009, 02:12 PM
Keep your coin in Canada, support Automaton!

dees
05-21-2009, 02:33 PM
automaton !!

Wheelie
05-21-2009, 03:03 PM
Automaton Toys = ??/10

I have never dealt although I hear very good things about them so I though I'd give them a shot & I finally have put in for a pre-order for something. I will pass judgement when that transaction is complete.

RobotKingdom = 0/10

Aahhh RobotKingdom, what can I say about them execpt avoid them like the plague! I have had nothing but HORRIBLE service from them over the 4 orders I had. Their communication is terribble, they don't have any kind of return policy (or atleast when I tried to return something they didn't), 95% of all orders arrived damaged and they would do nothing to correct the issue. Sure they may be a few dollars cheaper but to me its not worth the headache from ordering from them.

TF Source = 10/10

TF Source is the polar opposite to robothelldom. Chris, Diane & All the guys there do an amazing job with everything. They take pride in what they do and offer you close to the best for decent prices. When shipping packages up from the states those guys wrap and package each and every item like it was going into war (well it kinda is with those postal natzi's who throw, kick & drop box all day long) as well as they declare a lowered value so you won't get charged customs fees (another good thing). If something gets damaged they will get that issue fixed and fast. They have great communication. Their just great! (Can you tell I like dealing with them?)

So that's my opinion of those three, hope you found it somewhat helpful transbot90210. I have used BBTS twice and never again! HUGE mistake got taxed up the arse something big they declare full value and ship via couriers which again is worse.

jourdo
05-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Keep your coin in Canada, support Automaton!

I support this statement. I've good nothing but good things to say about these guys. They ship fast and prices are pretty fair.

astrana
05-21-2009, 03:29 PM
I support this statement. I've good nothing but good things to say about these guys. They ship fast and prices are pretty fair.

I support that jourdo supporting this statement that supports canadian stores.
Automaton has very good comunication and price, shipping is secure and fast

CTO15
05-21-2009, 03:53 PM
i'm 100% behind automaton. I've only dealt with them on 3 occasions, but each time has been fast and reliable. Not to mention they have canadian pricing and a flat shipping rate. A+++

On a side note: it is good to see that TFSource is a reliable dealer, b/c I emailed Automaton, and they are not bringing in the Superion Add-On kit or the Fansproject Optimus Prime Trailer, so it looks like I'll have to head on over to TFSource

BadJeff
05-21-2009, 04:04 PM
I support that jourdo supporting this statement that supports canadian stores.
Automaton has very good comunication and price, shipping is secure and fast

I support your supporting statement of Jourdo's support for me supporting them.....
That and everything i've ordered from them is well packed and the toy boxes have all been absolutely mint. One toy he dropped me an email stating he had only one left and that the box was a bit dinged. When i got it in hand i was like " you call that dinged.." the damage was so minor that any other store would have just packed it up and sent it down the road.

Mighty_Galvatron
05-21-2009, 04:20 PM
I have ordered a LOT from bigbadtoystore.com and found them to be a really good and reliable online TF source. The only complaint, I guess, is that the site is U.S.-based. But they tend to have everything in terms of Transformers and the shipping does not take too long. I have been ordering from the site since the Beast Machines days and there has never been an issue. The products are packed VERY well and never damaged.

Actually I am waiting for my latest order from the site to arrive, should be any day now!!! I was hoping for today but alas, my mailbox is empty.:(

I made my first order at kooltoyz.ca last week, so I am waiting to see how that goes.

Oh yeah, I have also ordered from imageanime.com. Only a few times, but each time I have had no issues. Their prices can be good or bad, you have to hunt but I found that some items were cheaper here than they were at BBTS. I got the re-issue G1 Megatron a few years back from the site and it came here with no problems (or modifications). The delivery did take a bit of time though. Almost two weeks.

astrana
05-21-2009, 04:24 PM
I have ordered a LOT from bigbadtoystore.com and found them to be a really good and reliable online TF source. The only complaint, I guess, is that the site is U.S.-based. But they tend to have everything in terms of Transformers and the shipping does not take too long. I have been ordering from the site since the Beast Machines days and there has never been an issue. The products are packed VERY well and never damaged.

Actually I am waiting for my latest order from the site to arrive, should be any day now!!! I was hoping for today but alas, my mailbox is empty.:(

I made my first order at kooltoyz.ca last week, so I am waiting to see how that goes.

Oh yeah, I have also ordered from imageanime.com. Only a few times, but each time I have had no issues. Their prices can be good or bad, you have to hunt but I found that some items were cheaper here than they were at BBTS. I got the re-issue G1 Megatron a few years back from the site and it came here with no problems (or modifications). The delivery did take a bit of time though. Almost two weeks.

BBTS is an amazing site, there are two small problems.
1. unstable exchange rate
2. boarder tax

brr-icy
05-21-2009, 04:37 PM
BBTS is an amazing site, there are two small problems.
1. unstable exchange rate
2. boarder tax

#2 is huge from them, cost me half of the price i was paying for the figure again, they will be my last choice,
jay's clock is also good, fair prices too

Pascal
05-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Only Automaton and BBTS for me. Otherwise, I buy overseas through Ebay.

astrana
05-21-2009, 05:34 PM
#2 is huge from them, cost me half of the price i was paying for the figure again, they will be my last choice,
jay's clock is also good, fair prices too

well, import tax in canada is weird. Once I bought 4 animated delux from BBTS, no tax. another time 2 henkei... 15 bucks...

I've bought close to 200 dollar product from HLJ once, i didnt get taxed.

miasboytoy
05-21-2009, 05:48 PM
jays clocks all the way when he has stock.

Mumps
05-21-2009, 05:48 PM
It's been almost a year since I have been taxed for anything I bought from HLJ. I get dinged 50% of the time dealing with US stuff. Though my last 3 packages from down south weren't taxed (Score!)

Today I have a package coming from HLJ. So... We'll see if I get dinged for it, haha

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
05-21-2009, 06:10 PM
big bad toy stores pretty good.

Mighty_Galvatron
05-21-2009, 07:25 PM
well, import tax in canada is weird. Once I bought 4 animated delux from BBTS, no tax. another time 2 henkei... 15 bucks...

I've bought close to 200 dollar product from HLJ once, i didnt get taxed.

Yea I can relate. Sometimes I have an expensive tax to pay. Most times, nothing at all. I think it depends how the postperson feels.:D

Echotransformer
05-21-2009, 08:53 PM
+1 Automaton--can't go wrong here. Amazing prices and service.
I recently got an order from Golden Age Toys...went smoothly, no issues.
+1 TF Source--world class, no issues
+1 BBTS--I go here for items I can't find elsewhere and am willing to pay extra import costs for

The only Onlne caution I would offer is Wheeljackslab via Ebay, where myself and others have had significant issues.

--Echo

Transbot90210
05-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Thank you all for your wisdoms. Automation and TFsource seen to be it.

Now time to go hunting and blow some money. Not too bad a thing because for the first time ever I won't be splurging on a new series....Never been a fan of the Movie designs.

Thanx
transbot90210

Transbot90210
05-22-2009, 10:21 AM
I just ordered from Automation...I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanx
transbot90210

Baryonyx
05-22-2009, 10:38 AM
I placed an order with Automaton yesterday. Fingers crossed... It was a smoking hot deal.

Batman
05-22-2009, 11:55 AM
Automaton is awesome. Best place to buy online in Canada :)

crimbot
05-22-2009, 12:04 PM
I've never had a problem at all with kooltoyz.ca ordered from Sheraz a bunch of times. Worked out well everytime. Good Website Sponser.

Automaton is awesome. Mario never misses a beat.

Jays clock, only ordered once, not disappointed at all. Would order again.

I haven't ordered from anywhere else in Canada, unless you count link2cooltoys.com hahaha. Anyone remember that one?

Mighty_Galvatron
05-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Postdude must have been in a crappy mood today, as I got charged an additional $27.63 for my package!!!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Transbot90210
05-22-2009, 03:23 PM
I've never had a problem at all with kooltoyz.ca ordered from Sheraz a bunch of times. Worked out well everytime. Good Website Sponser.

Automaton is awesome. Mario never misses a beat.

Jays clock, only ordered once, not disappointed at all. Would order again.

I haven't ordered from anywhere else in Canada, unless you count link2cooltoys.com hahaha. Anyone remember that one?

I never said kooltoys was a bad place to shop. I never ordered from him online but I did buy from him personally. At the last con he showed me how little my money meant to him (I wasn't looking for a deal I just wanted the items he told me he would hold for me). So, I am not dealing with him anymore NOT because he is a bad guy/retailer but because he left a VERY sour taste in my mouth (don't go there lol)

I remember Chris and link2cooltoys. It broke my heart when he dropped his site. I use to get amazing deals from the guy. He would sell me the Takara reissues (the bookshelf box ones, I can't recall the actual names of them) for the same price TRU was selling thier reissues. I miss you Chris lol.

Thanx
Transbot90210

DCompose
05-22-2009, 03:29 PM
Automaton Toys for the win ! Best service ever!

blitz
05-23-2009, 03:07 AM
Automaton Toys
- my online source
- competitive prices
- great communication and service
- make sure you preorder or act fast as to not get out of stock

Jays Clock
- my local source
- comptetive prices
- as long as he stocks the toys

Baryonyx
05-26-2009, 10:44 AM
I have a TFA Voyager Shockwave on my desk this morning thanks to Automaton. Thorough service and lightning-fast delivery... Can't recommend 'em enough.

Transbot90210
05-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Automation is my new home for online dealing. I ordered my Trailbreaker on Friday. It was shipped on Friday and I received it on Monday.

WOW WOW WOW.

Fair prices, fast shipping, NO WORRIES OF BOARDER FEES, and amazing packaging.
As you all said Automation toys

A+++++

Thank you all for your advice, this is one happy Trans-fan.

Thanx
Transbot90210