PDA

View Full Version : Voyager Starscream or Leader Starscream?

C_Shewins
05-18-2009, 12:23 PM
To cut down budget, i think i am going to buy only one Moive Starscream. Would you guys prefer the leader version or voyager?

I have Leader in mind right now...but for scale wise, is voyager a better one to be purchase? What do you guys think?

Pascal
05-18-2009, 12:25 PM
A talking Starscream TF is a must. Leader.

Benzo
05-18-2009, 12:27 PM
the voyager one is a nice figure but it's robot mode is smaller then than movie 1 Starscream. if you want SS for scale then the Leader class is the way to go. for me, I'm gonna wait and get Leader SS when it comes out.

jacobot
05-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Got 3 Voyager SS from TFTM... Time for the big one :)

C_Shewins
05-18-2009, 12:33 PM
the voyager one is a nice figure but it's robot mode is smaller then than movie 1 Starscream.
It is smaller??!! Omg....hasbro is getting cheaper and cheaper every year....

Benzo
05-18-2009, 12:37 PM

here is peaugh's review to get a better idea of how big it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew9iCEtZoBg&feature=PlayList&p=ADE3E22AA5647537&index=16

General Tekno
05-18-2009, 12:38 PM

Not really... the reason it's smaller is because it doesn't have half a robot hanging off the bottom of the jet. Instead, we get one of the best jet Transformers made in recent years.

GMfan
05-18-2009, 12:42 PM
This is really pointless when we don't even know what the leader version of Starscream looks like....

C_Shewins
05-18-2009, 12:48 PM
This is really pointless when we don't even know what the leader version of Starscream looks like....
That is why i set the poll for 100 days until it comes out =P

BeeBoy29
05-18-2009, 12:50 PM
GMfan is right, what if the leader versions electronics, render's the transformation and stuff of the figure, i bought my voyager screamer a few days ago and hes awsome!

General Tekno
05-18-2009, 12:51 PM
I wouldn't judge until we see pics.

Odds are I'll get both.

And then, if the Takara one isn't neutered (read: Has the original hands/gatling guns) I'll get him too.

UltraPrimal
05-18-2009, 12:52 PM
Exactly. Wait and see, my friend. Wait and see. That's what I'm doing...but with the whole line. You know they'll be coming out with Premium versions eventually. Or at least G1 repaints.

Wh33ls
05-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Until I see pics of the Leader class, I can't make an informed decision.

BUT - based of Has/Tomy track record, we can make a few assumptions;

All Leader class figs, thus far, has had electrionic lights and sounds. And because of this, there have been some pretty bad compromises to the screen accuracy of both vehicle and robot modes.

Now that being said, it is not true for all Leader figs. Movie 1 Brawl, and RotF Prime, IMHO, has successfully (to a point) captures both modes with a pretty darn close to screen accuracy.

Brawl, because he's big and bulky in both modes, can hide the electronics well. And for Prime, he has the engineering experience, from the previous movie toy, to tweek/improve upon.

And thus far, again IMHO, both Megs and Jetfire are epic fails. While the voyager versions (for Megs only since Jetfire has not been seen yet, but hopefully better), as with the previous movie toys (see Prime), are much better sans the electronics.

Interestingly enough, since RotF Leader Prime "rolled out", it (IMHO) is now better the Movie 1 Voyager Prime, with electronics. Meaning that with enough time and experience, we may get "better" versions of Leader Megs and Jetfire.

But as it stands Has/Tomy track record has been (IMHO) hit or miss for the Leader class figs. I'm hopeful, that due to the engineering experience of SS, that we "might" get a kick-ass Leader fig, but scared at the same time, based on the RotF Voyager SS; where the hell are they gonna put the electronics and still make him look as good or better than the Voyager one?

General Tekno
05-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Starscream is probably gonna say "I am STARSCREAM!"

And I don't think he'll be as fail as Megatron and Jetfire, for 2 reasons:

1. NO COMBINING FUNCTIONALITY to build in to the toy.
2. Like Leader Prime, the design has been finalized for several years. Which means that they have full reference materials, UNLIKE Jetfire and Megatron's toys. Eg, Megatron seems to be based off slightly older concept art where he had a smaller left arm.

Wh33ls
05-18-2009, 02:59 PM
2. Like Leader Prime, the design has been finalized for several years. Which means that they have full reference materials, UNLIKE Jetfire and Megatron's toys. Eg, Megatron seems to be based off slightly older concept art where he had a smaller left arm.
Very true, and that makes me hopeful.

But what scares me is where are you gonna but the electronics and not ruin the fig? :confused:

This is where I want Has/Tomy to really impress me and knock my socks off with some serious engineering genius! :D:p:eek::cool:

Pascal
05-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Starscream is probably gonna say "I am STARSCREAM!"

Maybe he'll use the "Starscream is my name" Jetfire-like variant. :p

jourdo
05-18-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm going with Voyager right now. However, I reserve the right to change my mind once I actually see the Leader version.

onecoin
05-18-2009, 10:30 PM

It looks bigger than Voyager Starscream and it has electronics.

Protoman
05-18-2009, 10:32 PM
Always keep in mind that a leader class toy has to house gimmicks/sounds/electronics that MIGHT weaken the figure as a whole.

Matrix_Holder
05-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Classic/universe starscream, there is no other!
I refuse to buy "chickenscream"
He is one of my favorite characters with Hot Rod/Rodimus, they ruined him with the design of the movie figures. I'd hate to see what they do with Hot Rod/Rodimus.