PDA

View Full Version : RotF Scout Dead-End is seriously awesome

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
05-16-2009, 12:30 AM
I love this guy. He looks great in both modes, has more articulation than toys twice his size and has loads of personality. Looking closely, he doesn't actually have that much paint on him, but the strategic placement of the different plastic colours means that no part of him looks overly plain.

I kinda wish that he came with a weapon of some sort, but it's no big deal. Guns are necessary for most Transformers so that they can be posed in such a way that it looks like they're actually doing something with their fist-peg hands, but Dead-End's open claws and ball-jointed wrists allow for so many different hand-poses that a gun really isn't needed. Plus he looks like he could easily tear you apart with his fingernails alone, which would make a gun superfluous. Still, he's got holes in his palms that look like they were meant to have something peg into them only to have whatever it was not make it into the final design.

I also like that his transformation is basically backwards Bumblebee. He essentially transforms the same way as Classics/Activators Bumblebee but with the stuff normally on his back becoming his front and vice-versa. I'd say that he's Bumblebee's evil twin, but the movieverse Bumblebee transforms completely differently from any other incarnation so that wouldn't really fit. He'd make a decent Cliffjumper if you got rid of the Decepticon insignia, though.

Anyway, this guy is awesome, and highly recommended.

Pascal
05-16-2009, 12:33 AM
Indeed he is. But Ransack is even more awesome! Crazy transformation for the size and he was weapons on both arms. Win.

racerguy76
05-16-2009, 12:43 AM
Both of which are on my to get list! Good to hear! I want a fleet of Ransacks.

Hmmm....a wooden runway carrier named Tidalwave might need to be constructed.
________
Lexus Lf (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Lexus_LF)

Retread
05-31-2009, 07:48 PM
Anybody having issues with Dead-ends chest not folding all the way down?
I need to take a look at another one in person, but looks like the mold has been changed slightly from the boxart version.

There's 2 pegs under the windshield that look like they should peg into holes behind the shoulders. The don't look like they'll line up, but it also feels like something else is keeping the engine/trunk from folding down completely.

Actually after playing with dead-end and rollbar, feels like they were designed like actvators, minus the springs. They're a couple of neat little figures.

alexsaurus_rex
05-31-2009, 08:34 PM
I can't put Ransack down! So much character in this little figure.

down_shift
05-31-2009, 08:48 PM
I have to disagree. I think Deadend is an awful figure. Two figures I'm surprised I like are Ransack and Depthcharge. Didn't think I'd like them as much as I do. Same goes for Breakaway, best figure out of the first wave deluxe figures.

Razorwing
05-31-2009, 08:50 PM
Knockdown for me.

http://i39.tinypic.com/f2jv55.jpg

I still do like Ransack. lol.

Nocturn
05-31-2009, 08:51 PM
I love Knock Out and Dirt Boss, Dead End comes third for his wave.

counteresperanto
06-01-2009, 01:48 AM
Really impressed by Dirt Boss, but he's the only scout I've bought so far. Knock Out and Dead End don't wow me like I thought they would, so I doubt I'll pick them up. Maybe someday when there's nothing else to get. Haven't seen Ransack or Depth Charge yet, so I think Rollbar will be my next scout. There's something I like about that little guy.

Batman
06-01-2009, 03:00 PM
I love Ransack, great little figure. I had no intentions of getting any scouts in the line but I already picked up 5 of them.

BeeBoy29
06-01-2009, 04:35 PM
for me knockout would be first,then ransack then dead-end, in the end though all of the scouts are very awsome!

Paradigm-Shift Prime
06-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Indeed he is. But Ransack is even more awesome! Crazy transformation for the size and he was weapons on both arms. Win.

This!

CobraCommander
06-01-2009, 07:37 PM
^^^
Yup, and possibly the first ever bi-plane TF... very unique :)

Uberman
06-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Dead End is fine and all... except all his paint is starting to come off already. Gah!

crimbot
06-03-2009, 10:29 AM
Well, it was after reading this thread that I decided to buy Dead End. I have been trying to save some money.. so curse you all :) Anyways, Ransack was really the only one that I wanted but my curiosity was peaked. So I took him home and can say that he is the first ROTF toy that I have opened, and was initially a little disapointed... because he didnt seem to fit together quite right. His windsheild clips wouldnt snug up enough to make him `closed`. Buit I guess I was just tired and after tooling around with him a little more I really started to appreciate him. Glad I picked him up, I wasnt going to buy him because his car mode looked so cartoony, but I really like him now. Thanks guys:) Hopefully tonight I get to open up Ransack!

Pascal
06-03-2009, 01:00 PM
If Detour could turn his head, he would be perfect. He almost transforms like a little deluxe.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
06-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Sure, he can't turn his head left and right, but he can turn it up and down while most Deluxes can't.

Alexander Quinn
06-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the review. He sounds like a winner. If I see him out here I'll have to pick him up. :D

Mighty_Galvatron
06-04-2009, 11:04 PM
Love Ransack. Depthcharge would be my second favorite of the scouts so far. But that Ransack owns - so cool!

Batman
06-05-2009, 07:25 AM
Rollbar really sucks. I love that he turns into an energy drink truck, but other than that, he is balls.