PDA

View Full Version : Amazon.com

Animelee
05-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Hi! I was wondering if Amazon.com shipped Transformers to Canada? Amazon.ca fails in comparison.

I'm wondering because I was looking at them on Amazon.com, and some I can't order, some I can. What is the deal?

FreedomGundam
05-11-2009, 04:56 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Amazon.com can't ship anything other than books, DVDs, games and similar things to Canada. Basically, Amazon.com will ship the same types of items to Canada as Amazon.ca has in their calalog.

Animelee
05-11-2009, 05:00 PM
How come it doesn't say that Sunstreaker (Uni 2.0) can't be shipped outside the U.S., but when I check for Ratchet (Uni 2.0), I can't get it?

jjwankenobi
05-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Amazon.com will only ship to an address in the U.S., and I agree it's craptastic that '.com' carries more than just books, CDs and videos.

We just bought our son a Radio Flyer brand rocket ship from .com for much less than we'd seen it here in Canada but we had to have it shipped to my relatives in Oregon who then dropped it off when they came to visit.

Mumps
05-11-2009, 05:56 PM
It's completely unfair that .com won't ship to Canada, but .ca doesn't even have half the inventory as .com.

Not sure if you can buy from amazon.co.jp though, if I could read Japanese I could find out, haha. I'd love to have the option to order from them.

Oh well, Hopefully Hasbrotoyshop will open it's doors to us "soon" like they keep saying...

Icetron
05-11-2009, 06:24 PM
You can order from amazon.co.jp I think, but the shipping prices are outrageous so I never bothered trying to actually order something.

blitz
05-12-2009, 02:05 AM
You can order from amazon.co.jp I think, but the shipping prices are outrageous so I never bothered trying to actually order something.
Yah, my friend ordered some Japanese books from there and shipping is expensive.

Magnus
05-13-2009, 01:09 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Amazon.com can't ship anything other than books, DVDs, games and similar things to Canada. Basically, Amazon.com will ship the same types of items to Canada as Amazon.ca has in their calalog.

... which makes absolutely no sense if you think about it. Unless .ca is planning on widening their catalog.

FreedomGundam
05-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Not sure if you can buy from amazon.co.jp though, if I could read Japanese I could find out, haha. I'd love to have the option to order from them.

Yah, my friend ordered some Japanese books from there and shipping is expensive.
Been there, done that, on several occasions. So yes, Canadians can order from Amazon.co.jp. Costed me $40-50 in shipping costs for 4 artbooks. Then again, paper weight adds up quite quickly. I haven't tried ordering anything outside of books, though.

faustx
05-15-2009, 12:30 AM
Ah, let me illuminate the amazon.com issue.

The reason that some things can be shipped here, and some can't is because Amazon is half ebay these days....many smaller vendors exist under the Amazon umbrella and when Amazon doesn't offer the item themselves, the shipping is usually limited to the US because those are the shipping terms of the little guy working with them.

However .ca has steadily been gaining ground in terms of inventory and for my money will likely have good deals on robots before hts.com ever gets their act together