PDA

View Full Version : Henkei Thrust and Dirge

max99d
04-06-2009, 11:26 PM
Hey Guys/Gals.

Henkei Thrust and Dirge are now being shipped.

My sets are in the mail.

So excited, I have the botcons ones too, but love seekers.

Stay tuned.
Check your emails.

Pascal
04-07-2009, 12:02 AM
How much did you get them for? I kinda decided to get them well after preorders were announced and ended up winning Dirge for $50 on Ebay last week. The same guy is waiting to get me Thrust for about the same price. Is that good or not? I rarely collect exclusives, but since they're from the Henkei line AND different from both the Starscream and Ramjet molds, I had to get them.

lars573
04-07-2009, 12:11 AM
If you were getting it from Bodhar2000 (like me) it was $130 US per set and $75 each. But that includes EMS.

But now it has me considering getting Henkei Ramjet. :mad:

max99d
04-07-2009, 08:40 AM
I paid 53.25 US for each one, this includes EMS shipping from Japan.

SamiWCP
04-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Can you guys IM me contact info as to where I can get them from that you're using? Thanks.

max99d
04-07-2009, 09:37 AM
Hi Us & Them,

You can try Hydra @ hydradw@yahoo.com .

My source is no longer taking orders, as this was one time
thing last Fall.

lars573
04-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Can you guys IM me contact info as to where I can get them from that you're using? Thanks.
Bodhar was taking the orders in December. But he should have a few for sale on his ebay account for like $140 for a set. From what I remember of Tundercracker and Skywarp.

Found him on ebay http://myworld.ebay.ca/bodhar2000/ Doesn't have them up yet but I believe they won't be until he fills all the pre-orders.

soundwaveCA
04-07-2009, 12:09 PM
When is Bodhar shipping his out? Feels like I've been waiting forever with him :(

UltraMarknus
04-07-2009, 12:41 PM
I paid $130 shipped through an eBay auction.

SamiWCP
04-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the help :)

ChrisW
04-07-2009, 04:28 PM
When is Bodhar shipping his out? Feels like I've been waiting forever with him :(

As far as I know, all of Bodhar's shipments are now en route. Should take a week or so to get to Canada.

Automaton Toys still doesn't have them yet, so I'll be waiting a bit longer for mine. The completion of my first (and only) Grail will be worth the wait, though. :D:D:D

borihazard
04-07-2009, 04:33 PM
NICE! that means my set is en route too :) cant waittt

soundwaveCA
04-07-2009, 07:29 PM
As far as I know, all of Bodhar's shipments are now en route. Should take a week or so to get to Canada.

Automaton Toys still doesn't have them yet, so I'll be waiting a bit longer for mine. The completion of my first (and only) Grail will be worth the wait, though. :D:D:D

I hope so, he's shipping my stuff EMS so if it was shipped it should be here imminently.

Echotransformer
04-07-2009, 08:21 PM
My gawd I paid too much...pre-ordered thru TF source which cost $150 USD before shipping. OUCH...

At least I know 100% they are going to arrive at my door due to the high reliability of this vendor. (some solace in that)

Seeker
04-07-2009, 08:32 PM
congrat, dont forgive to post pics once they arrived

blitz
04-08-2009, 01:11 AM
From previous experiences do any of you get dinged customs/tax?

borihazard
04-08-2009, 02:11 AM
lets hope not! fingers crossed..i did for my henkei skywarp dinged me $15 for the $80 purchase

Wheelie
04-08-2009, 03:55 PM
I never have a problem with taxes or duty when I order from TFSource. Plus it's good to know that the quality of their products are top notch for collectors (meaning the boxes are C9+ every time) and well package from drops & kicks from the post office.

soundwaveCA
04-09-2009, 02:57 PM
This will be kinda a repeat of what I posted here, but I got my set today and here's what I think

Dirge is pure win for me. I love the remolded wings which are based on the G1 toy and I think the odd deco pattern on his wings works though I still wish they refrained from it. The only thing I really wish they changed was using Ramjet's missile launchers instead, that for me would have made this toy absolutely perfect.

Thrust is a mixed bag though, I like it overall but just a lot of little things really annoy me, especially having him side by side with Botcon Thrust. I really don't like the gray wings....that and the paint they used on his face just sticks out something bad. I've said I will probably let him go but I just don't know, might be something I will sleep on and just have to see when TFCon rolls around in a couple of weeks.

One thing I will say is Botcon deserves some major props for their job on the coneheads. I've come down really hard on TFCC and Hasbro's job on the Classics toys but their work on that 07 set is to be commended as looking at those comparisons I have to say it's the only instance were I think they look better then the Henkei versions. The only thing I like more is Henkei Dirge with the remolded wings, other than that the Botcon set really outshines the Henkei which is a rarity considering how disappointing Universe has been.

Just to state QC wise both figures are tip-top with no faults I can see, so no worries about these being TC or Skywarp.

Overall though I'm happy with these guys, wile Thrust is still a mixed bag Dirge is the real winner out of this set and along with Henkei Skywarp are my favorite Henkei seekers.

TFtoys
04-11-2009, 01:54 AM
How much did you get them for? I kinda decided to get them well after preorders were announced and ended up winning Dirge for $50 on Ebay last week. The same guy is waiting to get me Thrust for about the same price. Is that good or not? I rarely collect exclusives, but since they're from the Henkei line AND different from both the Starscream and Ramjet molds, I had to get them.

sounds like a good deal to me by comparing to the others :p