PDA

View Full Version : $5 Clearence on Shockwave/Sunstorm in the US!!!

Paradigm-Shift Prime
04-05-2009, 02:32 PM
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/226835-target-sale-prices-sunstorm-shockwave-2-packs-wow.html

http://www.target.com/Transformers-Animated-Play-Set-Bumblebee/dp/B001L7U7DQ/sr=1-1/qid=1238924816/ref=sr_1_1/185-2704325-3331910?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=0&index=target&field-browse=1038620&rh=k%3Ashockwave&page=1

DAMN!

Animelee
04-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Was just about to post this.

I am royally pissed off. I don't suppose some of our Buffalo friends can ship them to us? :O

JSon
04-05-2009, 02:41 PM
Who lives near the border and wants to buy about 50 of these and ship them all over Canada for us?

Animelee
04-05-2009, 02:42 PM
LOL, the shipping and the price would cost less than waiting for the toy to come to Zellers and then buying it for (I'm betting) $39.99.

Mumps
04-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Agh! If only I had a way to get down to the US. This most likely means we WON'T be getting this exclusive. I would be so greatful if somebody from down there could pick one up for me.

Animelee
04-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Why does that mean we won't be getting it?

Quantum
04-05-2009, 03:05 PM
Put me on the list for one of each if anyone's going down or if anyone down south feels like helping us out.

Please.

Animelee
04-05-2009, 03:09 PM
If it's possible, PM me, please! :D I'm interested in one of each.

Cheers Ian
04-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Wow. I'm ROYALLY p*ssed off.

I bought these 2 weeks ago, and there already on Clearance for $5 bucks!?!

Jeez.

If it didn't cost about $30 in gas and a day out of my life, I'd drive down there, buy some new figures at $5 and then return the new ones to another store using my old receipts.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Not impressed.

-Ian
(Note I didn't put my normal cheers in there)

QuadESL63
04-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Anyone organizing a group buy for the Shockwave set? :D

General Tekno
04-05-2009, 04:05 PM
I've already got my Shockwave secured. Hopefully I'll get a Sunstorm secured. And Primus willing, I'll get a regular Shockwave and Wreck-Gar secured at the same time.

And I owe it all to TFcon and the magic of Twitter!

hugh_da_man
04-05-2009, 04:14 PM
wow, if anyone close to the border is picking these up let me know. I'd still pay $25 CAD + shipping for each set and you can pocket the difference.

Animelee
04-05-2009, 04:19 PM
If anyone is going to buy them for themselves, do you mind picking up one of each for me, as well? I'll pay double the clearance price as well as shipping.

That's $20 + shipping USD. (Think of it this way, pay $10, make ~$15 as well as get your $10 back)! I thank you in advance!

Mumps
04-05-2009, 04:21 PM
I would be willing to pay too if somebody could get one. I hate exclusives SO much. Canada always gets screwed on the GOOD ones...

UltraPrimal
04-05-2009, 04:28 PM
I hope some American scalps all the Shockwaves and Sunstorms in their area and brings them to TFCon. I'd buy them. Especially if they were $10. That's like doubling their money.

Bruticus82
04-05-2009, 04:34 PM
I would buy them for $20 CDN.

C_Shewins
04-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Damn, I really want that Sunstorm, I am willing to pay $20 =P

artoni
04-05-2009, 04:44 PM
Signed up prompted by Tekno.

I live in the USA, and have about 5 Targets by me; while I've already done one sweep today, I can do more for as long as the sale is active (this week).

If you guys are willing to pay for the toys via PayPal, I'll ship them to you; better yet, if any of you are going to TFCon, I can hand them over then and there. This is assuming I find the toys; it was more than a little barren when I did my sweep, but hopefully they'll do restocking! XD

hupla
04-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Put me on the list for a purplewave!

GMfan
04-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Signed up prompted by Tekno.

I live in the USA, and have about 5 Targets by me; while I've already done one sweep today, I can do more for as long as the sale is active (this week).

If you guys are willing to pay for the toys via PayPal, I'll ship them to you; better yet, if any of you are going to TFCon, I can hand them over then and there. This is assuming I find the toys; it was more than a little barren when I did my sweep, but hopefully they'll do restocking! XD

Oh you don't know the can of worms you just opened up.... :P

artoni
04-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Oh you don't know the can of worms you just opened up.... :P

Are they at least chocolate covered? D:

GMfan
04-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Yes, you have your choice of white, milk, or dark chocolate though, so I hope you can decide

artoni
04-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Yes, you have your choice of white, milk, or dark chocolate though, so I hope can decide

It's chocolate I don't care. ;A;

On a side note, PMing me/AIMing me about me being your go-monkey is easier for me to keep track of than posting here.

(This is assuming that wasn't actually a "GLITCH GET OFF MY BOARDS" by GMfan.)

GMfan
04-05-2009, 05:14 PM
LoL I only remove trolls and spambots, anyone is more then welcome to have fun here...Lord knows that's why I crash here.

But I do agree with artoni, PMing would probably guarantee your order will be seen and fulfilled.

Seeker
04-05-2009, 05:18 PM
nice, dont feel envy boys, we got some pretty good sales here too, 10 dollar prime, 9 dollar deluxe, plus the sunstorm is ugly imo

Animelee
04-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Artoni, how much is the shipping from Colorado to Ontario? How much would you want for a Sunstorm and Shockwave? I'll PM you this, too.

pandaprime
04-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Shock and awe! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sad and Mad!!! :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad:

Sideswipe
04-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Put me on the list for a purplewave!

me too!

Robimus
04-05-2009, 08:50 PM
I hope there's some left in a month.......

Sting Rose
04-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Lol, I made a post about this in a group. I have a friend who just net me a Swindle, Shockwave exclusive, Blurr, Sunstorm, Shadow Blade Megs, the jet twins and a Lockdown. Even after the exchange rate, the toys are still cheaper (they're on sale for 8 bucks, universe toys are 8.38, voyagers are 18.99, and leaders 29.99).

Still need her to get me a Waspinator, Wreck-Garr, and both Prowls. Ugh, I dunno if I should get the regular Shockwave...

artoni
04-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Yes, you have your choice of white, milk, or dark chocolate though, so I hope you can decide

Lol, I made a post about this in a group. I have a friend who just net me a Swindle, Shockwave exclusive, Blurr, Sunstorm, Shadow Blade Megs, the jet twins and a Lockdown. Even after the exchange rate, the toys are still cheaper (they're on sale for 8 bucks, universe toys are 8.38, voyagers are 18.99, and leaders 29.99).

Still need her to get me a Waspinator, Wreck-Garr, and both Prowls. Ugh, I dunno if I should get the regular Shockwave...

HI BB. <33

astrana
04-05-2009, 09:17 PM
this sh*t is f**ked up..
kinda glad and sad atthe same time i gave up on animated

GMfan
04-05-2009, 09:19 PM
My chocolate joke gets quoted twice? Come on, it wasn't that good :P

Sting Rose
04-05-2009, 09:38 PM
HI BB. <33

Hiiii~! X3 <3

artoni
04-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Hiiii~! X3 <3

*Snug*

Alright. I've replied to everyone who's PM'd me so far; I've got quite a few on the waiting list. If anyone is interested in other toys they want me to try and hunt down I'm also willing to do that, as well as adding more to the waiting list.

Again, PMs work best, easier to track than posts on this thread. If I haven't PMed you and you said you wanted one, please contact me again.

I'm optimistic about getting them for you folks, but like I've told everyone - no promises! I pledge to do my darned best to get these toys, but I'm not going to tell you I can and then end up disappointing you. :(

Animelee
04-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Thanks again, Artoni. Let me know if you see any. Is there any specific order in the users getting them first?

You know what? I don't think I should be paying the sale price. I'll pay double per toy, so $10 plus shipping each. Just tell me if you see them.

artoni
04-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Thanks again, Artoni. Let me know if you see any. Is there any specific order in the users getting them first?

You know what? I don't think I should be paying the sale price. I'll pay double per toy, so $10 plus shipping each. Just tell me if you see them.

As things stand I've got a list made with a first come first serve basis. I'll be checking my Targets every day in an attempt to get these, and may have recruited a friend who lives a little bit away to help me out w/ them.

If you want to pay more, ok. Your choice, I won't turn it down. x3;;

BeeBoy29
04-05-2009, 10:15 PM
I PM'd ya artoni :)
super cool your trying to help us get these exclusives btw :)

Pascal
04-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Not that I particularly care, but is there a reason why Canada (and more precisely Quebec) never gets such crazy clearance deals?

Darth Grimlock
04-05-2009, 11:45 PM
Target Exclusive TFA G1 Deco Shockwave or Sunstorm@Cost for pickup @ TFCon

There's also the buy group that I'm doing as well. I'm down near Detriot and going to be hunting Targets Monday and Friday for more of these guys. Already have a list and some orders have already been filled.

As well I'll be coming to TFCon for those that to pick their orders up there. Just putting out options for people.

Terrorcon_King
04-05-2009, 11:53 PM
You are awsome!! artoni!
PMed you about it!
im sooo dying to get these figures!
i keep on checkin E(vil)Bay but theres always asking for 45-55$ plus like 20-30 shippin costs like WOW!

rhinoxmaximal
04-06-2009, 12:03 AM
It's really cool you guys are doing this. Muchos Gracias!!

Benzo
04-06-2009, 12:24 AM
PM'ed you artoni. you're awesome :)

Sideswipe
04-06-2009, 01:32 AM
artoni, i have my order with darth_grimlock as he will be at tfcon.

Just in case you started a waiting list before the pm list, so you can take me off.

Thank you to all people doing their best to make this happen for fellow fans, you guys rock!

NFossil
04-06-2009, 01:50 AM
It's my life's best decision so far to register here.

Sting Rose
04-06-2009, 02:07 AM
Artoni will be at TFCon, just so you know. It's when I'm going to pick up my 7+ toys from her. XD

General Tekno
04-06-2009, 02:52 AM
I'm also picking up stuff at TFcon from her.

She's not even gonna need an ATM for spending money at this rate!

TFtoys
04-06-2009, 04:06 AM
Not that I particularly care, but is there a reason why Canada (and more precisely Quebec) never gets such crazy clearance deals?

cause they sold out in US before coming to Canada:D, just kd.

I dont' think it is about recession to conduct this crazy sales anymore. This is totally Crash Down. What in the world that you could sell your exclusive for 80% off ?

dak
04-06-2009, 07:24 AM
Pm'd you artoni

artoni
04-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Shopping update for the day.

Went to my nearest store, gave them the barcode of one of the toys (since both Shock & Sun are under the same DPCI) and asked them to check other stores. Closest one is about an hour away; I'm going to ask a friend who lives in the city to see if she can pick them up for me.

I have no idea how often the Targets in my area are going to get more in, if at all; policy says that as long as it's past street date, if a customer/guest requests something within the backroom they're entitled to get it. The one closest to me gets trucks/shipments in every night, so I'm relying on a daily check of it (and asking them to check other stores through their system) to let me know what the plans for the rest of the day are.

I've also seen no signs that mention quantity; thus, if I see them, I'm entitled to grab as many as I see.

That said, it's possible there will be no more to get; if that happens I apologize for getting everybody's hopes up.

(I /did/ get a Deluxe for someone who will be PMed, though.)

Darth Grimlock
04-06-2009, 03:29 PM
From what I was told from more then a couple Target Trainers and Managers is that the two packs have been discontinued. So whatever Target has in their warehouses is what they will be shipping out. I was lucky enough to score at a store that stated they didn't have any when they had like 8. They get shipments in daily just not this Thursday.

There have been reports on TFW of scalpers buying at $4.99 and jacking the price WAY up. I know I've gotten a few dirty looks but I'm helping those that can't get them, I bought mine at the $24.99 price when they first came out 3 weeks ago.

BeeBoy29
04-06-2009, 03:42 PM
From what I was told from more then a coupld Target Trainers and Managers is that the two packs have been discontinued. So whatever Target has in their warehouses is what they will be shipping out. I was lucky enough to score at a store that stated they didn't have any when they had like 8. They get shipments in daily just not this Thursday.

There have been reports on TFW of scalpers buying at $4.99 and jacking the price WAY up. I know I've gotten a few dirty looks but I'm helping those that can't get them, I bought mine at the $24.99 price when they first came out 3 weeks ago.

Those People who give dirty looks are so jumping to conclusions :(, its really annoying when people look at you that way, but thanx Darth Grimlock for helping us get these :D

Sideswipe
04-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Those People who give dirty looks are so jumping to conclusions :(, its really annoying when people look at you that way, but thanx Darth Grimlock for helping us get these :D

To be honest, I probably would have given him a dirty look too.

At least people know what scalpers are now a days. And in this case we know it's not scalping anyways. It's a one person group buy.

Thundercats, HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Er, I mean.........TRANSFORM AND ROLLOUT!!!!

:o

chaingunsofdoom
04-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Even getting these at full-price last week when I was down there, they were worth it! :)

Weird that it says they're in the flyer, but the Target flyer I saw Sunday didn't even have them. Maybe it's a state-by-state thing?

Omega_Prime
04-06-2009, 08:49 PM
From what I was told from more then a couple Target Trainers and Managers is that the two packs have been discontinued. So whatever Target has in their warehouses is what they will be shipping out. I was lucky enough to score at a store that stated they didn't have any when they had like 8. They get shipments in daily just not this Thursday.

You'd get dirtier looks if they followed you out and saw you walk in to an Ontario car!

TFtoys
04-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Even getting these at full-price last week when I was down there, they were worth it! :)

Weird that it says they're in the flyer, but the Target flyer I saw Sunday didn't even have them. Maybe it's a state-by-state thing?

But then, the Target website shows exactly 5 dollars though. I guest only the numbers of stock are the state-by-state thing.

Icetron
04-06-2009, 10:54 PM
I just came across a post, might be interesting to some people although I don't know the validity since everyone else says it ends Apr 11.

swampflight (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/226835-target-sale-prices-sunstorm-shockwave-2-packs-wow-20.html#post3474369)The sale price is good until 5/22/09 and if there arent any on the shelves(in my case)ask the toy department manager for a price rain check and call back the store to find out when another shipment comes in and they will hold the sets for you.

Darth Grimlock
04-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Most of the employees I dealt with were awesome at the Targets. I had a lengthy talk with one of the shipping and receiving Managers about the distribution and what not. Most thought I was doing a great service helping people out.

There was only one store that wouldn't even dare look at a computer to see if they had any in the back at all. Their policy "If it's not on the shelf then we don't have it."

jourdo
04-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Kudos to you guys for helping out those in need!

blitz
04-07-2009, 03:06 AM
Kudos to you guys for helping out those in need!Thanks guys and gals.

artoni
04-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Shopping update!

No packs today; a few more deluxes though. I did manage to speak briefly with the guy who helped me out w/ searching other stores and apparently, in this store at least, the item is NOT discontinued; it's active, which means the system should automatically order more.

And I lied; there are some in another store. However, said store is 2+ hours away. With all due respect, Canada, gas is a glitch and I need to take my car in since he's making squeaky-squeaky noises that worry me. I was going to take a 5+ hour trip today w/ a friend but called it off because I'm worried. :<

Darth Grimlock
04-07-2009, 01:39 PM
Hmmmmm, so it seems that different stores have different information. Very interesting. But it's just like Hasbro to keep us guessing anyhow.

Bruticus82
04-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Hope your car keeps working Artoni! I know what it's like to worry about whether or not your car will get you there and back again.

Animelee
04-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Take your time, Artoni! You're doing me such a huge favor.

General Tekno
04-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Shopping update!

No packs today; a few more deluxes though. I did manage to speak briefly with the guy who helped me out w/ searching other stores and apparently, in this store at least, the item is NOT discontinued; it's active, which means the system should automatically order more.

And I lied; there are some in another store. However, said store is 2+ hours away. With all due respect, Canada, gas is a glitch and I need to take my car in since he's making squeaky-squeaky noises that worry me. I was going to take a 5+ hour trip today w/ a friend but called it off because I'm worried. :<

A 5 hour trip for toys is something that I personally would consider excessive. So I really don't blame you.

BeeBoy29
04-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Good Luck artoni and thank you :)

Sting Rose
04-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Thank you so much~! X3 You're the best, bb. <3

QuadESL63
04-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Thanks, man. Have your car looked at and that's your priority ;)

Darth Grimlock
04-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Most diffenately. Have to have wheels to get around to places. Good luck Artoni.

hugh_da_man
04-07-2009, 05:44 PM
There is a store on ebay that is selling close to 30 of each set...I ended up caving and buying from them since they were ~$11 a set and reasonable on shipping. So the scalpers are probably out in full force trying to get these guys so good luck to you guys on your hunts!

Icetron
04-07-2009, 06:08 PM
I'm glad you're offering to help us out, but if your car is 'sick' or possibly sick then yeah, just try to figure that out first before anything else. Hope it's fine though. :)

pandaprime
04-07-2009, 06:35 PM
since the price is no longer $5 do you think we'll get some of them in Canada?

Animelee
04-07-2009, 06:53 PM
How is the price not $5 anymore? The sale ends on 4/11.

Icetron
04-07-2009, 06:55 PM
They changed it to $22.99 apparently.

http://cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=14692

Animelee
04-07-2009, 06:55 PM
LAME!

Darth Grimlock
04-07-2009, 07:12 PM
It was a pricing "mistake". But who really knows. Just was really fishy that new sets that were selling at $24.99 US got slashed to $4.99 US after 3 weeks on the market.

Sting Rose
04-07-2009, 07:26 PM
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/animated-8/target-animated-exclusives---sale-price-change-167262/

Looks like it was supposed to be a sale of 2 bucks off, not a clearance of 20. XD

Animelee
04-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Sigh...

Artoni, are you still going to be selling them, but for a higher price? Tell me if you are, I might still get them, depending on the price.

Mumps
04-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Well, so much for that price. I am still looking for Shockwave though!

Bruticus82
04-07-2009, 08:59 PM
For anyone still considering it, checkout e-bay...$25 CDN shipped...only 10 avilable.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=370184462286 (http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?&customid=cybertron&toolid=10001&campid=5335815859&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.ca%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll %3FViewItem%26ssPageName%3DSTRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT%26ite m%3D370184462286)

Animelee
04-07-2009, 09:35 PM
He also has Sunstorm for a dollar less.

I don't know...Should I? Shouldn't I?

Mumps
04-08-2009, 01:16 AM
For anyone still considering it, checkout e-bay...$25 CDN shipped...only 10 avilable.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=370184462286 (http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?&customid=cybertron&toolid=10001&campid=5335815859&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.ca%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll %3FViewItem%26ssPageName%3DSTRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT%26ite m%3D370184462286)
After buying 1, only 7 left. If anybody is as impatient as me, buy it from this guy. $25 is less than it would cost if it showed up in stores here!

hugh_da_man
04-08-2009, 01:52 AM
After buying 1, only 7 left. If anybody is as impatient as me, buy it from this guy. $25 is less than it would cost if it showed up in stores here!

I agree, I bought Shockwave and Sunstorm off that seller early today because I didn't want to risk not getting them...then the story broke that it was a pricing error so now I'm really glad I bought them. I think it was $35 USD for the pair with shipping and everything. It'll probably work out to ~$22 CAD each when all is said and done.

borihazard
04-08-2009, 01:54 AM
shud be 4 shockwaves left now :)

TFtoys
04-08-2009, 04:28 PM
are these for sure to come the Zellers? Since US seems to sell out all of these by this week..

GMfan
04-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Nothing is ever certain

artoni
04-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Final shopping update.

The stores in my area have changed/corrected their prices; I'm kind of glad I told everyone no promises now, seeing as I can't get the toys from 4.99. Even if I could find them. :/

That said, if enough people are willing, I'll keep hunting; I'm PMing everyone as soon as I post this to give them an update on the situation.

Robimus
04-08-2009, 10:48 PM
are these for sure to come the Zellers? Since US seems to sell out all of these by this week..

I never saw Deepspace Starscream till after the Targets were clearing them out, so its very possible.

Sokar
04-09-2009, 10:11 AM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Transformers-Animated-Target-SHOCKWAVE-SUNSTORM-MISB_W0QQitemZ150337696896QQihZ005QQcategoryZ16595 2QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This auction has buy it now for sets of the 2 together. It's 25$ per set plus shipping, but it works out to about 35$ each (at least to the calgary area). It's not much more than a standard voyager so it's not a bad deal

TFtoys
04-11-2009, 01:46 AM
Final shopping update.

The stores in my area have changed/corrected their prices; I'm kind of glad I told everyone no promises now, seeing as I can't get the toys from 4.99. Even if I could find them. :/

That said, if enough people are willing, I'll keep hunting; I'm PMing everyone as soon as I post this to give them an update on the situation.

I actually felt more relief, since it should be more possible for Canada to carry those. 4.99 is like that Target giving up for the exclusive while those are not selling well. But if it is not the case, we should expect more stocks available here in Canada. Just Zellers never has crazy clearance sale like Walmart or Target.