PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro's March Transformers Q&A Answers for Cybertron.ca

Super_Megatron
03-10-2009, 07:44 PM
1) In follow up to last round's "Why are toys being released in Canada that say 'comic inside' but include no comic?"
Unfortunately, there was a production issue that affected this item. It was not until after shipment that we realized that the comic was not included with the package. Due to this issue we have secured comics for those items that shipped without the comic. If you are one of these consumers who bought this item and didn’t get the comic, please contact HASBRO Consumer Affairs at 1-800-752-9755.

2) Before the recession we were told Universe 2.0 would be put on hiatus, what are the chances of it returning in the future at this point?
Currently, we have announced all items and characters that are to be released within the Universe line in 2009. While some retailers might have a limited offering of Universe items, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen will the main product offering in 2009.

3) What date will Animated Season 3 debut in Canada?
Season 3 of Animated starts March 14th on YTV

GMfan
03-10-2009, 07:59 PM
That's cool of them to offer those who didn't get the comic in their Universe 2-packs to now get it.

Also seems at best we won't see Universe in full swing again till 2010, but I still expect store exclusives.

Bruticus82
03-10-2009, 08:11 PM
I agree, that's pretty awesome about them and that comic. Kudos to Hasbro!

Pascal
03-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Except for #1, another waste of questions.

Rogue_Optimus
03-10-2009, 11:32 PM
which universe 2-packs were they referring to?

Omega.Prime
03-10-2009, 11:43 PM
#2 pretty much answers why Animated is cancelled... gotta love the movie line! (since there will be no other choice)

WhiteRabbit
03-11-2009, 01:05 AM
Heh, #3 sure was a waste of a question. Pretty cool news about the missing comics though, never would've expected that in a million years.

JaySmith
03-11-2009, 01:26 AM
Except for #1, another waste of questions.

I couldn't agree more. You would think they'd take on the more challenging questions, instead of the easy way out.... lol

Icetron
03-11-2009, 01:52 AM
Anyone try #1 yet? I wouldn't mind getting the comic for my Springer/Ratbat pack if it's even worth the call since I lost the receipt already.

GMfan
03-11-2009, 02:56 AM
Keep in mind these questions were submitted before the public knew when Animated would start again. Just unfortunate that thier answer wouldn't be the first we heard of it.

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
03-11-2009, 07:44 AM
will we be seeing the release of universe superion and bruticus gift sets in Canada?

Bruticus82
03-11-2009, 08:31 AM
I've been looking at some of the other Q & A sessions this month and they all look really sparse. Think they're saving up for TFCon? :-p

Metrotitan
03-11-2009, 09:34 AM
INSERT BLAND AND OBVIOUS CORPORATE STATEMENT HERE.

Cheers Ian
03-11-2009, 10:29 AM
From AFI

Q1) Can we expect to see Universe Classics Jazz, Soundwave and especially Wheeljack? TFUC seems like the perfect line to debut a true Wheeljack figure since he hasn’t really been given the proper treatment since G1. It also seems like a tease getting Ravage with Hound without a Soundwave out there!

A1) These are three of the names that keep poping up on our radar. Soundwave is difficult because we can’t make his alt mode a cassette player - kids today just wouldn’t even know what that is. I can tell you that he is being discussed for future release but nothing is definite at this time. Jazz is a favorite as well but nothing has been discussed as of now. Wheeljack on the other hand, has been discussed more in-depth and we’re excited about prospects for his appearance in the near future.

Cheers!
-Ian

Pascal
03-11-2009, 10:30 AM
I've been looking at some of the other Q & A sessions this month and they all look really sparse. Think they're saving up for TFCon? :-p

Yup. And while you guys will be busy asking questions, we the smart ones will be at the Hasbro booth playing with never seen toys like last year. :)

Stapler
03-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Hmm... I'm going to have to give that number a call and see if I can get the comics that my Springer/Ratbat and Roadbuster/Dirge sets were missing. I just hope I don't need the receipt.

Batman
03-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Guess I'll be calling to get my two comics today. Too bad about the other questions though.

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
03-11-2009, 12:05 PM
From AFI

Q1) Can we expect to see Universe Classics Jazz, Soundwave and especially Wheeljack? TFUC seems like the perfect line to debut a true Wheeljack figure since he hasn’t really been given the proper treatment since G1. It also seems like a tease getting Ravage with Hound without a Soundwave out there!

A1) These are three of the names that keep poping up on our radar. Soundwave is difficult because we can’t make his alt mode a cassette player - kids today just wouldn’t even know what that is. I can tell you that he is being discussed for future release but nothing is definite at this time. Jazz is a favorite as well but nothing has been discussed as of now. Wheeljack on the other hand, has been discussed more in-depth and we’re excited about prospects for his appearance in the near future.

Cheers!
-Ian
who cares if soundwaves a cassete,hasbro!!! i know what it is and i'm a kid.acctually when i ws realy small i never heard of a cd player!it ain't g1 soundwave unless hes a cassete player.and you could make him a cassete player and on the box call it an mp3 kids won't know :p jk.

jonnycon
03-11-2009, 12:40 PM
it ain't g1 soundwave unless hes a cassete player.and you could make him a cassete player and on the box call it and mp3 kids won't know :p jk.
True, and Hahahaha, good one.

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
03-11-2009, 12:45 PM
True, and Hahahaha, good one.

thank you!:)

jonnycon
03-11-2009, 12:51 PM
#2 pretty much answers why Animated is cancelled... gotta love the movie line! (since there will be no other choice)

Too true. Meh, just means I'll be keeping a bit more of my money, of the movies figs I've seen so far the new leader prime is the only one I'll be getting at this point.

Articuplex
03-11-2009, 12:55 PM
I agree, that's pretty awesome about them and that comic. Kudos to Hasbro!
Yes, indeed, way to go hasbro.

But that doesn't mean I will be buying your movie figs just because they are the only line out. What's henkei doing?

Superion1701
03-11-2009, 01:34 PM
will we be seeing the release of universe superion and bruticus gift sets in Canada?

I was just gonna ask this too!

GMfan
03-11-2009, 02:44 PM

The gift sets will more then likely come here but in the RotF packaging instead of the Universe packaging.

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
03-11-2009, 04:05 PM
The gift sets will more then likely come here but in the RotF packaging instead of the Universe packaging.

well as long as they come here!but i want to know for sure.i was SO pee'd off when devastator wasn't realeased here.even more when hasbro said that mp ss would only be in american walmarts!

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
03-12-2009, 12:07 PM
oh and the animated shockwave an sunstorm will those be released here?

GMfan
03-12-2009, 12:13 PM
This is not the place to ask questions.

Scooby
03-12-2009, 05:12 PM

Does it matter, it's not like it's not on topic.

GMfan
03-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Yes it does matter, because its falling on deaf ears. Most of this has been on topic, hence why I steer it back.

There is method to my madness.

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
03-12-2009, 05:56 PM

it isn't? ok sorry then!

GMfan
03-12-2009, 05:59 PM
it isn't? ok sorry then!

There will be another round of questions in a few months, save your questions for that thread. ;)

dak
03-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Does it matter, it's not like it's not on topic.

This is the answer thread to questions asked earlier. To ask more questions, you have to wait till the next round, which will be in it's own question thread. All questions here will not be answered by hasbro. If it is a question directed to the general public then sure, that's fine. But the questions were directed at hasbro, who will not answer.

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
03-12-2009, 06:26 PM
There will be another round of questions in a few months, save your questions for that thread. ;)

ok thanks for the info!:)

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
03-12-2009, 06:28 PM
This is the answer thread to questions asked earlier. To ask more questions, you have to wait till the next round, which will be in it's own question thread. All questions here will not be answered by hasbro. If it is a question directed to the general public then sure, that's fine. But the questions were directed at hasbro, who will not answer.

so can i ask the same questions that i put in this thread next round?sorry for sounding like a newbie!:p

ChrisW
03-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Will Hasbro even have another session in a couple of months? I would think with BotCon in May they'd just skip the May Q&A session.

Scooby
03-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Yes it does matter, because its falling on deaf ears. Most of this has been on topic, hence why I steer it back.

There is method to my madness.

Ahhhh madness with a method, the best kind :)

Super_Megatron
03-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Will Hasbro even have another session in a couple of months? I would think with BotCon in May they'd just skip the May Q&A session.

The TFcon Q&A next month will be first.

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
03-12-2009, 08:19 PM
The TFcon Q&A next month will be first.

crap.i won't be attending tfcon.but the answers will be posted here right?(not in this thread)

GMfan
03-12-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm sure Hasbro's answers will leak their way to the internet somehow.

Scooby
03-12-2009, 10:04 PM
This is Hasbro Canada correct not Hasbro US, so they probably can't answer much anyway.

Code of Honor
03-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Questions that get submitted through TFcon.ca will be answered by Hasbro Canada, who gets they're answers from from Hasbro US, so there is no limit to what can be asked.

Aernaroth
03-13-2009, 01:27 AM
This is Hasbro Canada correct not Hasbro US, so they probably can't answer much anyway.

Yeah, because a multinational corporation wouldn't share any information with its branches at all...

And they sure didn't have anything to say last year...

Scooby
03-13-2009, 08:01 AM
Yeah, because a multinational corporation wouldn't share any information with its branches at all...

And they sure didn't have anything to say last year...

Yeah but I highly doubt they can answer every question as Hasbro US doesn't even do that at Botcon.

Aernaroth
03-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Yeah but I highly doubt they can answer every question as Hasbro US doesn't even do that at Botcon.

Well yeah, obviously there's information where they're going to say "I can't tell you that yet", but I think they've been very open in the past and very good with answering questions.

And I definitely don't think that being Hasbro Canada will have any effect on things, especially seeing as there's a lot closer connection between the regional branches to the centre of the organization than a few years ago.