Decepticon Army
02-13-2009, 08:33 AM
:eek::eek::eek: I just creamed myself!

Benzo
02-13-2009, 08:42 AM
damn!! just left for work and my phone can't play the video :(

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
02-13-2009, 09:00 AM
that trailer was..........TERRIBLE!!!!all it was pretty much is meteors and words.and the only robot action was what we was in the teaser.

GMfan
02-13-2009, 09:43 AM
There was new robot scenes....and the humans sinking in the water and being crushed by the Audi-con is a a really dark tone. Looks like Scorponok will also be back in the film. All I can say is that the ominous tone was great and the sharded looking decepticon symbol at the end should make all those haters of the first film due to the lack of decepticons take a second look at what will happen in RotF

JSon
02-13-2009, 09:45 AM
It was a little disappointing mostly just slightly extended scenes from the first trailer, but it still all around awesome footage.

Supernova
02-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Gotta admit...seeing it in the whole "video camera in the theatre" bit made me feel kinda dirty. Heh.

That said...I wonder if the final product will be as intense as the teasers have shown it to be.
(Or, if for that matter, ROTF will be the first of two parts...)

Magnimus
02-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Although my opinion may change after seeing this in the theatre, I kind of like the teaser trailer better. This full trailer moves fairly slow and isn't clearly a TF movie until two thirds in.

That being said, SCORPONOK RETURNS!

All hail SCORPONOK!

GMfan
02-13-2009, 10:15 AM
I don't know why people say it was disappointing because it was just an extended version of the teaser...Bay himself told us it would be....

J.Soundwave
02-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Disappointing my ass, that was a great trailer. Who do you guys think the bot at about 1:40 in is? I could only get a glimpse.

CobraCommander
02-13-2009, 10:33 AM
You mean the one pounding the sand? I think it might be the fallen or perhaps StarScream?

I liked the trailer, not as much as the quick-paced superbowl trailer, but in no way is it bad. Besides we get to see the unicycle bot transform! Looking forward to the HD version :D

alexsaurus_rex
02-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Good to see Scorpy is still kicking. Awesome! Looks like a lot of bots falling from the sky. Can't understand the fan negativity though, this one is going to rock your socks!!

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
02-13-2009, 11:51 AM
you know i changed my mind after seeing it a few times i really like it now.

BadJeff
02-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Kick ass from start to finish. Can't wait to see a better quality copy.

Hound
02-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Have a good feeling that this movie is going to be chalk-full of transformers. I loved the first movie because it created a sense of awe and mystery to the initial appearance of the transformers. I'll love the second movie because it is about them.

JSon
02-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Thought I might clarify that I do really like it, I was just hoping it may give us a better idea of the plot and possible show a little more Autobots. I just had high hopes I guess :( But it got me that much more excited for the movie. The part with Bumblebee was awesome! Hope we get a trailer that shows some Jetfire.

Bruticus82
02-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Well this is just an extended teaser trailer. It's still a teaser, and the real trailer has yet to be revealed.

Personally I hope it doesn't spoil too much though, I like being surprised in the theatre. :-D

jjwankenobi
02-13-2009, 01:10 PM
No doubt we'll all be analyzing each frame from this trailer as if its another Kennedy assassination Zapruder film.

They really should make awards for trailers. It's amazing how they can make crappy films look really good. Take Star Wars Episode I for example. When the trailer hit theatres in late '98 everybody was sure Phantom Menace would be awesome.

Wrong!!!

So with this second ROTF trailer out I'm hoping the film is not another TPM because the scenes rawk!!!

Nocturn
02-13-2009, 01:13 PM
........GEEEEEEOUS

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
02-13-2009, 04:45 PM
look at 0:16 of the video.looks like that bot landed in Paris.

Code of Honor
02-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Let the over analyzing begin. :D

Paradigm-Shift Prime
02-13-2009, 05:08 PM
There was new robot scenes....and the humans sinking in the water and being crushed by the Audi-con is a a really dark tone. Looks like Scorponok will also be back in the film. All I can say is that the ominous tone was great and the sharded looking decepticon symbol at the end should make all those haters of the first film due to the lack of decepticons take a second look at what will happen in RotF

Yeah I agree with the dark elements and I'm not a hater of the first movie (I think it was about a 7.0 from an objective movie critic/non-fanboy standpoint) but I did have lots of critical points against it (I am not a 'summer blockbuster' popcorn/cheeze formula fan, and the first movie, well..., plus lack of bots on screen, character development, horrible pacing (i.e. how long right after first meeting the autobots is spend on that stupid outside Sam's house scene), but am hoping TFTM2 will diverge from that a bit (look how far simply making a movie that's dark and serious, and takes itself seriously The Dark Knight got itself).

This trailer, while not showing a lot new (most are extended bits of scenes we were already teased), shows a lot of positive signs from my perspective. I think the jets/aircraft carriers sinking scene will definately then show the decepticons that just crashed through them start to move and swim out of the wreckage (awesome!), presumably followed by a scene of Ravage (and perhaps others) climbing out onto land.

Btw so is that Jetfire in the foreground of that Scorponok scene?

Paradigm-Shift Prime
02-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Let the over analyzing begin. :D

I think the jets/aircraft carriers sinking scene will definately then show the decepticons that just crashed through them start to move and swim out of the wreckage (awesome!), presumably followed by a scene of Ravage (and perhaps others) climbing out onto land.

D'oh!!! :p:D

I think that's a pretty basic and reasonable bit of analysis though.

In any event, this thread is nothing compared to the 52-page in 2 hour bit of ridiculousness over at tfw2005:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/219066-extended-teaser-f13th-discussion.html

Optimus_Prime
02-13-2009, 05:26 PM
5 protos landed on the aircraft carrier, right? Maybe them plus Starscream will be a seeker group. However, my speculation may not work; I never read the prequels, so I don't know if Thundercracker or Ramjet or any other seeker died already.

Tech Spec
02-13-2009, 05:27 PM
OMG thats was DOPE!!!!! Less than 4 months baby! :D

StarwarsTF
02-13-2009, 05:46 PM
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!! Sweet so when can we see the HD version Im hoping it will be up by tomorrow afternoon! :) Wait a minute is Paris, France getting its ass handed to themselves again??? First Cobra attacks now TF's, this must be the luckiest city/country ever!!!!

CobraCommander
02-13-2009, 06:05 PM
I wonder if that bug Sammy boy is tearing apart is Waspinator! This movie is gonna be all kinds of crazy! :D

Benzo
02-13-2009, 06:26 PM
that was awesome! anyone know where to get the hi-res version?

Decepticon Army
02-13-2009, 06:36 PM
I wonder if that bug Sammy boy is tearing apart is Waspinator!
I'm thinking that it could be a Cyber-Bee.
Either way, this movie is going to rock!

Paradigm-Shift Prime
02-13-2009, 06:46 PM
that was awesome! anyone know where to get the hi-res version?

I don't think there is one yet. This one (unlike the super bowl one) is only up because people took cameras into theatres and recorded it, rather than being officially released on the internet. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Magnimus
02-13-2009, 07:32 PM
The bug is obviously a pretender. Well, not obviously, but it could be.

Decepticon Army
02-13-2009, 07:57 PM
I don't think there is one yet. This one (unlike the super bowl one) is only up because people took cameras into theatres and recorded it, rather than being officially released on the internet. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Bay says that the official HD release will be this Monday.

Ultra Maverick
02-13-2009, 09:18 PM
So I waited, and refused to watch this until this afternoon,
the reason being, I was under the impression that this extended trailer would be playing before Friday the 13th in theatres, and I wanted to see it for real on the big screen.

So I sat, and preview after preview rolled by, and no ROTF trailer... I think the whole theatre heard me drop the F-bomb when the "Feature Presentation" screen came up.

Was it not supposed to be tagged to Friday the 13th?

Anyway, can't wait for the HD,
it's looking pretty dark! I have high hopes

Cliffjumper69
02-14-2009, 12:25 AM
I just got back from seeing Friday the 13th, and I saw the 2:00 ROTF trailer, friggin awesome!!!!!

Some pieces of info,

#1 Megatron is alive and kicking, you clearly see his foot when he pins Sam down with his hand. :D

#2 Steam shovel is friggin huge!!!! All the bots for the few seconds we see them in the ROTF trailer look a million times better

#3 Scorponok is alive and it looks like he is attacking the Fallen! :eek:

#4 The Fallen is also friggin huge!!! :D

Go see Friday the 13th just for the trailer, the movie is pretty good also :p

CJ

keanu577
02-14-2009, 12:47 AM
5 protos landed on the aircraft carrier, right? Maybe them plus Starscream will be a seeker group. However, my speculation may not work; I never read the prequels, so I don't know if Thundercracker or Ramjet or any other seeker died already.

Ramjet's head got cut of in Reign of Starscream and for Thundercracker the last I saw of him is Stockade is like headlocking him or somethin. so yeah.

keanu577
02-14-2009, 12:48 AM
I just got back from seeing Friday the 13th, and I saw the 2:00 ROTF trailer, friggin awesome!!!!!

Some pieces of info,

#1 Megatron is alive and kicking, you clearly see his foot when he pins Sam down with his hand. :D

#2 Steam shovel is friggin huge!!!! All the bots for the few seconds we see them in the ROTF trailer look a million times better

#3 Scorponok is alive and it looks like he is attacking the Fallen! :eek:

#4 The Fallen is also friggin huge!!! :D

Go see Friday the 13th just for the trailer, the movie is pretty good also :p

CJ

May I know what happens in the movie?

Cheers Ian
02-14-2009, 02:20 AM
Just got back from F13 too! (Awesome movie BTW if you are are F13 fan, I'm a huge one so I'm a little biased:D)

Anyways, The Transformers trailer is BADASS on the big screen and I can definetly say that

1.) There are 3 Arcee bots chasing the Audi-bot.

2.) The Steam Shovel bot is HUGE! Looks likes he's gonna have a pretty big part in the movie.

Cheers!
-Ian

Robimus
02-14-2009, 02:26 AM
What I really liked about this trailer was that it doesn't give us any additional stuff that we haven't kinda seen before. Bumbebee and Scorpy are of course new scene's, but there's nothing surprising about those guys or their appearance.

I liked it.:)

Autovolt 127
02-14-2009, 08:45 AM
it's a good trailer but their's nothing new we hvaen't scene i'm more anticipating trailer 2?

Cliffjumper69
02-14-2009, 02:13 PM
May I know what happens in the movie?

Well.... Guy in a hockey mask kills people.... hes doing it because they killed his mother in 1980. His name is Jason and hes pretty pissed off lol :p

CJ

Evan
02-14-2009, 02:46 PM
I saw the trailer last night with Friday the 13th. Way better on the big screen. I was shocked that I got to see it actually because usually this theatre doesn't show the trailers that are supposed to go with said movie. Friday the 13th itself wasn't too bad either, but nothing special. Your average horror flick.

keanu577
02-14-2009, 03:02 PM
Well.... Guy in a hockey mask kills people.... hes doing it because they killed his mother in 1980. His name is Jason and hes pretty pissed off lol :p

CJ

Really? LoL! It's like there's no story! Just plain ol` Jason killin` some happy campers.:p

Cliffjumper69
02-15-2009, 02:21 PM
Really? LoL! It's like there's no story! Just plain ol` Jason killin` some happy campers.:p

Well if you've seen all 10 Jason movies, you kinda know what to expect, I think the best part of the movie was Jason running down the campers he was killing, not the traditional, "Walk....Walk.... Walk.... Trip..... Fall..... Look up...... Surprise...... Machete To The Face" :p

CJ

Magnimus
02-15-2009, 02:42 PM
I saw the trailer last night with Friday the 13th. Way better on the big screen. I was shocked that I got to see it actually because usually this theatre doesn't show the trailers that are supposed to go with said movie. Friday the 13th itself wasn't too bad either, but nothing special. Your average horror flick.

I must have missed it because I was a little late getting to my seat. I must have just missed it. Damn.

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
02-16-2009, 02:33 PM
sweet!!!: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809943432/video/12063123 click on the HD button below to download the HD trailer in Quicktime.

Benzo
02-16-2009, 02:37 PM
yup downloading it now! can't wait to put it on my PS3 and watch it on my HDTV :D

right click and save as for the 1080p file

http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplayli...d&sid=80297347

QuadESL63
02-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Cool! :cool:

Nocternity
02-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the link ! I going to watch it frame by frame now !

alexsaurus_rex
02-16-2009, 03:54 PM
So people are saying that Megs is in the trailer but I have yet to pick him out. Other than the hand holding Sam down, I'm stumped. Is that him or am I missing it completely?

soundwaveCA
02-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Please keep discussion of the new trailer to this thread thanks :)

Code of Honor
02-16-2009, 04:43 PM
So people are saying that Megs is in the trailer but I have yet to pick him out. Other than the hand holding Sam down, I'm stumped. Is that him or am I missing it completely?

That is Megatron. Other new characters that are in the trailer, Jetfire vs Scorpnok, Bumblebee saving Sam's father and the Fallen teleporting in :eek: (Space bridge tech maybe?)

Paradigm-Shift Prime
02-16-2009, 05:08 PM
sweet!!!: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809943432/video/12063123 click on the HD button below to download the HD trailer in Quicktime.

yup downloading it now! can't wait to put it on my PS3 and watch it on my HDTV :D

right click and save as for the 1080p file

http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplayli...d&sid=80297347

So am I missing something or doesn't that 'download' just give you essentially an internet link (i.e. QT needs to connect to the internet and load the file every time you want to watch it...aka not actually downloading the file itself (i.e. then slap it on ipod))?

Benzo
02-16-2009, 05:11 PM
So am I missing something or doesn't that 'download' just give you essentially an internet link (i.e. QT needs to connect to the internet and load the file every time you want to watch it...aka not actually downloading the file itself (i.e. then slap it on ipod))?

that's the actual .mov file. all 155mb of it.

if you actually open the file with the internet link to the movie in notepad you can get the actual file link. you just need to know what to look for.

http://www.hd-trailers.net/blog/how-to-download-hd-trailers-from-yahoo/

Paradigm-Shift Prime
02-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Thanks, I'll check those instructions out.

What it downloads for me (by clicking the HD tab on yahoo) is 533 bytes and then has to load from the internet so...

Benzo
02-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Thanks, I'll check those instructions out.

What it downloads for me (by clicking the HD tab on yahoo) is 533 bytes and then has to load from the internet so...

just open up that file in notepad and follow those instructions and you'll get the actual link to the file :)

and use these (http://www.krunk4ever.com/blog/2006/12/17/how-to-download-hd-trailers-from-applecom/) instructions to download trailers from apple.com

GMfan
02-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Easiest way to DL it:
http://www.michaelbay.com/

Right click 1080p and save target as

CobraCommander
02-16-2009, 06:12 PM
Awesome, thanks Benzo for the tips!

Paradigm-Shift Prime
02-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Yeah, thanks Benzo. Bookmarked those instructions as they may come in handy sometime. For now I took the easy way out since it has been offered (thanks GMfan).

brr-icy
02-17-2009, 01:22 AM
not excited for the toys....but definately for the movie

Magnus
02-17-2009, 09:41 AM
Couldn't have said it better Icy!

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
02-27-2009, 01:18 PM
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE IMACS!!!!:grab that ipod looking remote thing and press menu right away!!click on videos and go to trailers and go down a bit and the rotf trailer will be there to watch!