PDA

View Full Version : Dear Protoman...

jourdo
01-27-2009, 02:12 AM
Got this (http://www.fansproject.com/?page_id=101) preordered yet?

I know you cannot see much, but this is a really neat idea.

Protoman
01-27-2009, 02:16 AM
HAHA. It's the toy that should have my name all over it. I know it sounds crazy, but I am going to get like 3 of them for sure. Hell big thanks to Spencer of ages3andup for getting me a CASE of Henkei Hot Rodimus', now they can be put to good use.

I suggest you all do the same, the Henkei one will work better with this. While on the image is using a Classics Rodimus (Note the none transformed shoulder/car headlight arms)

Dark Rage
01-27-2009, 02:24 AM
Are you hoping for a Shadow Rodimus Prime Trailer too? (Black version). Heh.

Caption: Can attach to Botcon Rodimus or Henkei Wild Rider!

JaySmith
01-27-2009, 02:25 AM
Damn it, I'm actually kind of wanting this. :( I never usually want 3rd party items.

Protoman
01-27-2009, 02:26 AM
Thank goodness, good ol' JLvatron got be a 2nd Botcon SG Rodimus. All is ready. ^_^

venksta
01-27-2009, 02:26 AM
Preorder might not happen for awhile.... maybe not even this year.... :P

Protoman
01-27-2009, 02:33 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/protomanx/tfclubrod.jpg

Here was the original preview we got at TFcon 2008 back in June of last year. So keep in mind, you gotta buy that Matrix also!

astrana
01-27-2009, 03:22 AM
wow, a case of Henkei...

Vangelus
01-27-2009, 05:42 AM
Preorder might not happen for awhile.... maybe not even this year.... :P

*cries*

onecoin
01-27-2009, 09:49 AM
I hope it works with the Revoltech.

Cheers Ian
01-27-2009, 09:56 AM
Aww Jeez. Another pricey Transformers piece that I'm gonna end up buying.

My wallet is seriously going to hate me!

Cheers!
-Ian

Ultra Maverick
01-27-2009, 11:30 AM
My initial thoughts.....

OMG I want this!!!!!!

venksta
01-27-2009, 11:38 AM
*cries*

The announcement was done, so the same thing doesn't happen to them with how BTS showed off their Classics trailer first. FP has been working on a Rodimus upgrade since last year, but they scrapped the original idea. The first version was going to be a power suit, where you transform Classics Rodimus a certain way, then transform the trailer into a suit, and plug Rodimus in. Think PM Optimus prime. Apparently that design was giving them problems. From the clear picture they showed me of the teaser released last night, the new design is more like clip on armor.

jourdo
01-27-2009, 11:57 AM
My wallet is seriously going to hate me!

My wallet has already filed for divorce. We're just working out custody of the credit cards.

The announcement was done, so the same thing doesn't happen to them with how BTS showed off their Classics trailer first. FP has been working on a Rodimus upgrade since last year, but they scrapped the original idea. The first version was going to be a power suit, where you transform Classics Rodimus a certain way, then transform the trailer into a suit, and plug Rodimus in. Think PM Optimus prime. Apparently that design was giving them problems. From the clear picture they showed me of the teaser released last night, the new design is more like clip on armor.

I would rather they take their time and produce something equivalent to City Commander, than rush it out. If it is not this year, than so be it.

Do you happen to know if Protoman is right... would Henkei Rodimus work better with this?

venksta
01-27-2009, 12:34 PM
I would rather they take their time and produce something equivalent to City Commander, than rush it out. If it is not this year, than so be it.

Do you happen to know if Protoman is right... would Henkei Rodimus work better with this?

The real image(what the teasers are based off), are just rough concept drawings. There is no flame details or anything. So anything can happen at this point.

Pascal
01-27-2009, 12:34 PM
I hope it works with the Revoltech.

Not a chance. Different size, different shape.

So is the unused section of the trailer turning into a battle platform? That'd be cool.

General Tekno
01-27-2009, 01:32 PM
I hope the unused section turns into something appropriately awesome.

Like dual BFGs. For some reason Rodimus with two BFGs seems fitting.

venksta
01-27-2009, 01:38 PM
I hope the unused section turns into something appropriately awesome.

Like dual BFGs. For some reason Rodimus with two BFGs seems fitting.

They'll probably stay away from BFGs, after the negative reaction most fans gave to City Commander for his.

And I think the other part of the trailer does become something else.

JLvatron
01-27-2009, 02:05 PM
My wallet has already filed for divorce. We're just working out custody of the credit cards.

TeeHee-ous!! :D

JLvatron
01-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Thank goodness, good ol' JLvatron got be a 2nd Botcon SG Rodimus. All is ready. ^_^

My pleasure, pal.
Glad to see he'll get the promotion he deserves. :cool:

General Tekno
01-27-2009, 02:30 PM
They'll probably stay away from BFGs, after the negative reaction most fans gave to City Commander for his.

And I think the other part of the trailer does become something else.

Well, as long as what it becomes is cool enough.

...oh man. Now I want to see the other part of the trailer become Apex armor for Rodimus Prime (an extra set of armor that goes onto the other other armor, adding stuff like shouldermounted cannons and the like)

protoform_ironhide
01-27-2009, 03:34 PM
It would be nice if they are making the trailer for Hot Rod! Depends on the price, may get it if it is around the price for City Commander trailer with the same quality.

Autovolt 127
01-27-2009, 07:12 PM
so nice.......if i couldn't get ultra magnus...i defintley can't get this.

Nerroth
01-27-2009, 09:14 PM
The BFG on City/Shadow would be ok if the backpack trick 2005's Peaugh cooked up (and that I can't get to work on my own SC set, sadly) had been made as a design feature, rather than something you have to try and make work by yourself.

And yeah, as said in a couple of other places, a 'Despoiler' version of this kit would also be cool - but even the regular Protector kit would be enough for me!

Protoman
01-27-2009, 11:27 PM
If the 6 inch Titanium's showed us anything, is that a transforming Rodimus Prime with his trailer without major kibble (or a BFG) is very possible..... while a Magnus (as seen with the Titanium) had to have a HUGE backpack.

JLvatron
01-28-2009, 11:41 AM
If the 6 inch Titanium's showed us anything, is that a transforming Rodimus Prime with his trailer without major kibble (or a BFG) is very possible..... while a Magnus (as seen with the Titanium) had to have a HUGE backpack.

Yes, Ti Rodimus Prime was sweet.

GMfan
01-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Ya 6' Titanium Rodimus was one of the few 6' Titaniums I had no complaints over...well his spoiler should have been able to fold down flat :P

Pascal
01-28-2009, 03:07 PM
6Ti has a cool alt mode and transformation but the robot mode is pure crap imo. Head and shoulders are placed too far forward and the middle of the torso is completely empty. Standing straight, he looks like he's going to fall flat on his face because of the weight... not good.

JLvatron
01-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Standing straight, he looks like he's going to fall flat on his face because of the weight... not good.

With the mantle of leadership, Rodimus Prime truly carried the weight of the universe on his shoulders. :confused:

So you have proven how appropriate this toy really is! ;)

Protoman
01-28-2009, 09:33 PM
With the mantle of leadership, Rodimus Prime truly carried the weight of the universe on his shoulders. :confused:

So you have proven how appropriate this toy really is! ;)

Exactly! Spot on.

Also I like how they somewhat used the OX Design for it too.