PDA

View Full Version : Most Complicated Transformation ( excluding MPs )

astrana
09-20-2008, 09:55 PM
I am just wondering what is the most complicated transformation other than MPs...
in my collection, RIB Ultra Magnus was pain in the butt to combine him with Prime for omega prime :p

As Alternator/Binaltech, I only have prime, hound and sideswipe, Prime is the most complicated among the 3 i have

Bruticus82
09-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Sixshot, without instructions. I can never remember what his forms all look like, or at least not the details. So I'm never sure if I've turned him completely into tank mode, or completely into jet mode...and some of the other modes too. If I don't look at the instructions I just know he'd be mistransformed in half his forms.

jourdo
09-20-2008, 10:14 PM
Alternators Grimlock/Wheeljack still gives me fits.

J.Soundwave
09-20-2008, 10:25 PM
Movie voyager Ironhide, aaaaand g1 Blaster....bwahahaha ok not so much Blaster.

Stoneclaw
09-20-2008, 10:38 PM
alternators grimlock, or believe it or not animated prowl, i cannot get him right ever lol,

Bountyan
09-20-2008, 11:09 PM
alternators grimlock, or believe it or not animated prowl, i cannot get him right ever lol,
It's all about how you postion his legs when transforming that figure. That's how I got to transform mine easy, lol

As for all the figures I have, none of them are overly complicated. Long? Yes. Complicated? No. Movie Payload is pretty complicated though, despite him being a deluxe.

Incepticon
09-20-2008, 11:32 PM
Masterpieces & Alternators are a given, so I won't waste time listing any of them.

I'd have to say Leader Class Movie Megatron is the most complicated figure I've gotten recently. I always manage to transform him correctly, but it's not without a lot of headaches first. Those legs are damn nightmare.

Malcontent
09-20-2008, 11:35 PM
On the annoyance scale, TM2 Megatron was a bit of a toughie without instructions. RiD Ultra Magnus was annoying as heck to get together without looking over every nook and cranny to find out what was the problem getting him in vheicle mode.

Nocturn
09-20-2008, 11:40 PM
BW Ironhide, BW Ram Horn, Movie Incinerator, Movie Leader Brawl, Movie Ironhide.

General Tekno
09-21-2008, 12:00 AM
Movie Ironhide, Movie Leader Prime, Voyager Blitzwing (Animated)

Benzo
09-21-2008, 12:04 AM
Alternators Sideswipe, Camshaft, Silverstreak and Optimus Prime. they're not really complicated, just annoying.

chans formers
09-21-2008, 12:18 AM
Alternators Grimlock/Wheeljack still gives me fits.i would have to agree with jourdo on these two.i get frustrated to the point where i just want to "ram"the parts to fit.:mad: other than those two,animated voyager starscream would be on the list too.i always have trouble figuring out which way his limbs are supposed to be to do the jet mode and the nose cone ratcheting gimmick just doesnt help either.all the rest of the bots i find pretty straight forward.

Protoman
09-21-2008, 12:43 AM
The Mustang mold from Alternators can be annoying at times. Samething with the Dodge Viper if you didn't use the instructions as a referance at first.

racerguy76
09-21-2008, 03:27 AM
Masterpieces & Alternators are a given, so I won't waste time listing any of them.

I'd have to say Leader Class Movie Megatron is the most complicated figure I've gotten recently. I always manage to transform him correctly, but it's not without a lot of headaches first. Those legs are damn nightmare.

I agree. He's a robot mode only. ARRRGGHHHHH!!!!
________
Buy Iolite Vaporizer (http://www.vaporshop.com/iolite-vaporizer.html)

Bountyan
09-21-2008, 03:48 AM
Movie Ironhide, Movie Leader Prime, Voyager Blitzwing (Animated)
Forgot about Ironhide. Robot to vehicle is dang hard on that guy, especially the first and second times.

onecoin
09-21-2008, 04:01 AM
Alternators Sideswipe, Camshaft, Silverstreak and Optimus Prime. they're not really complicated, just annoying.

Complicated and annoying should be separated. Most of the TF's I have trouble with are not complicated, just the tolerances are completely screwy and parts just keep running into each other and not fitting properly.

Lysist
09-21-2008, 06:47 AM
RiD Ultra Magnus was annoying as heck to get together without looking over every nook and cranny to find out what was the problem getting him in vheicle mode.

I have to Agree with Malcontent, Ultra Magnus and RID Prime are finicky molds. getting them into Omega Mode is a balancing act!

I skipped most of the movie line and I found Leader Prime and Brawl to be reasonably easy to figure out

I think that the most fun I have had was with Energon Dreadwing. I love the Mirage mold. and totally challenging:cool:.

Autovolt 127
09-21-2008, 07:03 AM
Cybertron Mode Megatron.

No Really.

SPLIT LIP
09-21-2008, 09:05 AM
Lots of beasties are complicated. I live for complex transformations, I wouldn't be a fan if they were all really simple.

That being said, Primal Prime (since it's difficult to line up his limbs perfectly in each vehicle mode) Movie Megatron (I can never remember how to get the legs under smoothly anymore) and RID Magnus. (I love the guy, but he sure is a fiddler)

Cliffjumper69
09-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Optimal Optimus gave me a hard time when I first transformed him without directions. And MP Starscream was fun going from robot to jet for the first time ;)

CJ

jacobot
09-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Optimal Optimus gave me a hard time when I first transformed him without directions. And MP Starscream was fun going from robot to jet for the first time ;)

CJ

Ever since we got one loose no instructions in trade from PSP we have only figured out about 3 modes... How many are there?

chans formers
09-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Ever since we got one loose no instructions in trade from PSP we have only figured out about 3 modes... How many are there?4 in total.gorilla,jet,tank and robot.

Benzo
09-21-2008, 11:06 AM
Complicated and annoying should be separated. Most of the TF's I have trouble with are not complicated, just the tolerances are completely screwy and parts just keep running into each other and not fitting properly.

that's why it's annoying :)

slippy
09-21-2008, 11:52 AM
RID Sideburn

Pascal
09-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Alt/BT Grimlock & Skids. Always have a hard time transforming them back in car mode because of the arms.

niteowl
09-21-2008, 04:02 PM
ths 02 hybrid convoy.

brr-icy
09-21-2008, 05:25 PM
mustangs, that would do it for complicated/frustrating tranformations, stupid doors

skywarped
09-22-2008, 03:26 AM
Id have to go with the beast wars neo big convoy/ universe nemises prime mold, just to get everything to line up in beast mode it has to be perfect

Nocternity
09-22-2008, 03:52 PM
Movie Leader Megatron, the legs are really hard to snap with the wings in jet mode.

jjwankenobi
09-22-2008, 04:07 PM
THS-02B Convoy and BT-13 Binaltech Laserwave.

I could feel the Hulk in me just...wanting...to...smash stuff whenever I'd start on those two, ergo, they've now been sold/traded for Classics/Universe's

Pascal
09-22-2008, 06:32 PM
Trans-Scanning Prime a bitch to transform to truck mode.

S.A.A.M.
09-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Unicron used to piss me off. I remember when I first took him out of the box, I decided I was going to watch the TF animated movie while transforming him.

After removing the twist ties and finally transfoming him, the movie had finished about an hour prior.

astrana
09-23-2008, 04:09 PM
i heard the classic ironhide and galvatron are pain
guess i will have to wait and see for myself

tusko
09-24-2008, 02:38 PM
The paneling on the Star Wars Death star is fiddly.

FatCat
09-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Alternators Grimlock was a pain in the arse.

Hound
09-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Alternators Grimlock was a pain in the arse.
If you're referring to getting his head into the hood, I certainly agree. I must have been working on it for nearly ten minutes when, after declaring it physically impossible, it mysteriously and suddenly slid in. :confused: