PDA

View Full Version : Movie Deep Desert Brawl or Animated Ultra Magnus?

SimonMK
09-18-2008, 01:32 PM
I have a hard time choosing which one to buy. Since I can only afford one for now.

I just bought Animated Megatron and like it a lot and saw that Ultra Magnus look as good as him but there no reviews on him.

I have the normal Movie Brawl and like the mold a lot and from the pictures, like the Desert's paint better.

The problem is Brawl still cost 59,99$ in Toy R Us while Animated Leaders cost 49,99$ now. And I never seen Desert Brawl any where else except TRU and they only have two left. And Animated Ultra Magnus is not released here yet.

Should I buy Desert Brawl now or wait for Animated Ultra Magnus?

GMfan
09-18-2008, 01:37 PM
I've gotten my hands on both figures, I'd pick Animated Ultra Magnus...he was just awesome and the transformation is genius. Brawl is a great figure but if you got the original you can always get the repaint a few years later at a convention or online for less then $60.

Nocternity
09-18-2008, 01:38 PM
It depends how much you like buying repaints...

If you like so much Leader Brawl, just play with the orignial one again and again. And wait for a very cool new mold that is TFA Ultra Magnus.

That's what i'll do if I were you :rolleyes:

Pascal
09-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Magnus!

civicwhite
09-18-2008, 02:00 PM
i will take ultra magnus although i dont like animated toys

SimonMK
09-18-2008, 02:05 PM
Is Ultra Magnus supposed to be out this month in Canada, Quebec? This is what I see in the Release Date topic. I hear that UM is not even out in the US, which might explain why I didn't find any review on him.

I like repaints if they are well done and Desert Brawl, to me, look great unlike let say Offroad Ironhide.

My collection are usually for display, not really playing with. Especially Brawl when I transformed him and somehow broke his Main Turret, for some reason, pushing it no longer make electronic sounds but I can still do it with the Head Automorph thing. Because of display I usually like good repaints.

A question on Animated Ultra Magnus, I saw a photo of the back and its said something about the Hammer having spring board something, what did it mean? Is there any ''Auto-morph'' like voyager Starscream? I hate that gimmick.

Code of Honor
09-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Get Animated Ultra Magnus.

aximili
09-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Get Animated Ultra Magnus, hands down. Seriously.

I love Leader Brawl, he's a fantastic figure, and probably my favourite from the movie line. He kicks so much ass it's combaticontastic!

However, Animated Leader Ultra Magnus looks fantastic and is one of the few Ultra Magnus figures that is not a stupid white repaint of Optimus Prime.

If you already have Brawl, this is a no-brainer. Unless you have a serious thing for camo. In which case you should look into waiting for Roadbuster Ultra Magnus... :)

jacobot
09-18-2008, 02:18 PM
Get Animated Ultra Magnus.

Movie Leaders will be on clearance @ Walmart soon enough...

General Tekno
09-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Saw Magnus in-box at the local collectible store (they got Wave 4 as well, but sadly they all went before I got there).

Godly indeed.

SimonMK
09-18-2008, 02:33 PM
Movie Leaders will be on clearance @ Walmart soon enough...

I am kinda worried they will be no more of it before the clearence since last time I checked there was only 2 left. I did took 1 and hidden it in the cheap toy section. But who knows if a employee find it and put it back. :(

GMfan
09-18-2008, 03:05 PM
A question on Animated Ultra Magnus, I saw a photo of the back and its said something about the Hammer having spring board something, what did it mean? Is there any ''Auto-morph'' like voyager Starscream? I hate that gimmick.

The ends of the hammer compress inward and lock, pull up on hammer end and they are spring loaded so they pop back out...nothing special really. I will be painting my UM hammer when I get mine to be more cartoon accurate.

SimonMK
09-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Another question. I was told that there was Video Review of UM, so I went and checked one.

I was wondering if its normal that when transforming him, if moving his arms alwasy make the transforming sound? What I mean is in this review.

Starts at 6:12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDCTSh9DlQ4

Is it like he said, he was unlucky and got a glitched UM or is it the same for all of them? I remember how annoying was to transform Energon Scorponok. Hope I wouldn't need to remove the battery.

And there really no peg at the bottom of the hammer? Doesn't look very good to fight when hold it so close to the top of the hammer.

GMfan
09-18-2008, 04:26 PM
This will be difficult to describe...the button which makes the transformation sound is slotedat the back where the shoulder blade is on a human. When you fold down the white cab a section of it slots in there to make the noise however it does seem to activate the sound with some left arm movement. One could easily reinforce that plastic that slots in there to push harder on the button. Whether or not this would solve the problem is another question, I'll test it out when I get my own, I was using Soundwave.ca's :P

Autovolt 127
09-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Magnus.....repaints can wait

astrana
09-18-2008, 06:39 PM
it always makes the sound, it switches the electronic gates for the vehicle mode and the alt mode

Nocturn
09-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Magnus, the DD Brawls are often HORRIBLY painted.

borihazard
09-18-2008, 07:01 PM
i dont even have any of them.yet.but ill be getting Mangus for sure.seems more badass
________
Ecigarette Forum (http://www.ecigarettes123.com/)

J.Soundwave
09-18-2008, 08:26 PM
Dear god yes U.Magnus...dont get me wrong i love leader Brawl a looooooooooooot and love repaints as well but when i saw that butt ugly my dog's puke colored lookin thing in person i almost harfed chunks meself!!

SimonMK
09-18-2008, 08:41 PM
I checked multiple video review and I guess the reviewer with the glitched arms sound was unlucky.

But I noticed on many videos that when they push the button on his chest to make UM talk... his mouth doesn't move. But they use their finger on UM's head to show his mouth can move.

Were they unlucky to have a defective UM or its the same for every UM?

GMfan
09-18-2008, 08:43 PM
His head moves jsut not as much as if you do it with your finger....now stop asking questions and get Animated UM already!

SimonMK
09-18-2008, 08:56 PM
Thanks everyone. Sorry for all the questions. :o

I don't think Animated Ultra Magnus is released yet in Quebec. :confused: But I will when I see him in retail. :D

Icetron
09-18-2008, 09:01 PM
I'd choose UM over Brawl because the colours on DD Brawl look like crap imo. UM looks so sweet, I might actually pick one up at some point myself.

GMfan
09-18-2008, 09:02 PM
It'll be front paged when he's available in Canada ;)

SimonMK
09-18-2008, 09:03 PM
I'll be front paged when he's available in Canada ;)

Awesome! Thanks. :D

jacobot
09-18-2008, 09:07 PM
I'll be front paged when he's available in Canada ;)

A picture of you or you are going to find UM first;)

down_shift
09-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Is Ultra Magnus supposed to be out this month in Canada, Quebec? This is what I see in the Release Date topic. I hear that UM is not even out in the US, which might explain why I didn't find any review on him..

There have been quite a few reviews on him. Here on Cybertron.ca, TFW and Seibertron.

He is out in the states and has been for a few months now if I recall. Magnus should be out within the month. I did see a gross amount of Animated Leader boxes tonight at Heartland Walmart.

ChrisW
09-18-2008, 09:22 PM
I'll post a contrarian vote: I would prefer Deep Desert Brawl over Animated Ultra Magnus. I'm not a huge fan of the Animated toys. They're not bad, but they don't catch my interest like the Classics toys do. Movie Leader Brawl, on the other hand, looks quite bad-ass. I'm not crazy about the lights and sounds, or the hip-mounted turret gun (the deluxe's arm cannon is much better IMHO), or especially the price. I tend to avoid most expensive figures anyway (aside from MPs, BTs, and ALTs) so I'm reluctant to buy any leader-class figure at full price. Movie Nightwatch Prime and Deep Desert Brawl were both tempting, though. Maybe if they were on clearance...

C_Shewins
09-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Magnus is awesome. About Deep Desert Brawl, I have no comment. I didn't even bother when I see them at Toy's R Us.

GMfan
09-18-2008, 10:32 PM
A picture of you or you are going to find UM first;)

Fixed it, but if you want a signed pic of me it's gonna cost ya ;)