PDA

View Full Version : TF Addiction Or Control Buying

BraveFortressMaximus
09-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Are you compulsive buyer or you know your limit and you buy within it on how much you spent on TF. You set limits and when you know to much is to much. Or you just buy for the sake of buying till your bank account is dry. I guess you have to be strong so you don't spend more than you bargain for in the end.
I not saying TF collecting is bad, it good to collect TF but I see most people these day drop vast amount of money on single or big group of figure. How do you cope or manage you buying and spending. I try to ease my spending and set goal on how much I should spent a month. However that doesn't seem to be working out to well xD.

Hound
09-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Control Buyer. I generally know exactly what I want and if it isn't there I don't buy anything. Generally...;)

BraveFortressMaximus
09-08-2008, 03:46 PM
that good wish they didn't make so many lines than i be all good xD

brr-icy
09-08-2008, 04:14 PM
a bit of both, in the stores, controlled,

IronCrow
09-08-2008, 04:18 PM
I generally look only for specific figures. Rarely will I buy one compulsively. I like to have at least some money left in my bank account, and I know if I buy too many figures on the spur of the moment, it only gets easier and easier for me to spend cash on figures I normally wouldn't even want.

Protoman
09-08-2008, 07:01 PM
I have typed the same thing on multiple topics "I don't want to talk about it........ =P "

Optimus_Prime
09-08-2008, 07:16 PM
My buying is limited to all Universe/ Classics toys Deluxe and up, main TV show characters, and all movie characters that actually appear in the movies. I won't buy figures like movie Payload, Dreadwing, Cliffjumper, etc., Animated Dinobots, Elite Guard, 1-shot characters, and all of those non-minibot legends in various lines. And most of all: no lame sublines! (FAB, Slammers, etc.)

Tech Spec
09-08-2008, 08:02 PM
For me I was buying what I liked and what I can get my hands on, my collection count was at 500+ Now I dropped my collection to just under 200 and sold the rest off b/c my spending was getting out of control. I have no regrets selling those G1's and other miscellaneous TF's, I am much more happier with my collection now than a year and a half ago :)

S.A.A.M.
09-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Addicted.

Incepticon
09-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Being VERY particular about what I like & want, I'd say I'm generally a controlled buyer. However, if multiple things come available at the same time (ie: new Animated, Universe, Robot Heroes, Masterpiece, etc.), I tend to lose my better judgement and will buy all of it in one shot if I'm able to. It's not so much my addiction taking control as much as it is just hating to wait to buy figures that I know are out there. At least that's what I tell myself. :)

montague78
09-08-2008, 08:24 PM
hahahahah depends on the month. Some months i go crazy buying because i end up finding everything i want. Some months there really isn't much that intrests me.

Black Cat
09-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Controlled. Very, very controlled. I only buy the figures that I really, really like, or because I like the character. Seeing as how the funds are going towards paying for school... must be careful with the spending.

exoskeleton
09-08-2008, 10:13 PM
i'm controlled.. cause, like ive said before, my collection will be done someday. and itll probably be between 100 and 200 figures at the most.

i need to get Sixshot and Devastator, which will be my pricey ones.

RedOktobre
09-08-2008, 11:49 PM
I consider myself a "controlled" TF collector.

I consider myself lucky ... I'm no longer in school and hold a very stable long-term job. So, I have a bigger budget than your average TF collector.

However, I still budget my spending habits when pursuing my hobby. I try not to fall victim to "impulse" buying as much as I can. It also helps to have a wife that keeps an eye on your spending habits too! :rolleyes:

For me, the best way to control your TF spending is to focus only on the characters, figures, and lines that you truly like.

I absolutely avoid Animated line, Heros line, and Legends class.

I love Cybertron, Movie, Titanium, Classic, and Universe 2.0. Also, I tend to focus on the deluxe, voyager, and the 3" titaniums.

GMfan
09-09-2008, 12:09 AM
I unno....I buy what I wanna....

jourdo
09-09-2008, 12:09 AM
I would say that I am somewhere in between. Overall, I am fairly controlled (or at least try to be)... but like most mortals, I fall prey to the impulse buy from time to time.

SCOURGE33
09-09-2008, 01:11 AM
I consider myself as a controlled collector either TF's or any other collectibles I have.But I must admit sometimes I do spend more like I did with the Henkei TC & SW, bought 2 sets but really wanted them so I could once again have the original seeker trio.

Nightshade83
09-09-2008, 11:41 AM
I'm usually a controlled buyer, only buying characters I really like, though for some odd reason I've ended up with about seven Bumblebees. :confused: I have to admit though, I'm a sucker for Soundwave and his cassettes, the rare and elusive Femmebots, and Seekers.

With tuition payments to make and a spring break trip to Florida to save up for, however, sometimes I have to skip on TFs that I really do like, or hope they're in stores when money isn't quite so tight.

I can always get my Robot Heroes to satify my TF cravings. $9 for two of them really isn't that bad.

Anything bigger? Well, that's what I have a boyfriend for :p

soundwaveCA
09-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Pffft, money!? who needs that!

Echotransformer
09-09-2008, 12:52 PM
I'm pretty compulsive. Somehow I manage to keep the budget in tact but I must admit I sort of jump from one Transformers interest to the next.

I do try to set boundaries and try to get the best deals...I do a lot of research are I've very rarely been burned by a high price.

In the end if I want it--I do everything I can to buy it. So yeah, a shrink would have a field day with me. ;-)

protoform_ironhide
09-09-2008, 01:25 PM
I control my buying every month. Always 100 dollars or less every month! I have school, so I cannot afford to buy too much.

Cheers Ian
09-09-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm pretty controled. I only buy the characters I really like and if It isn't G1 related or inspired I could care less (RID, Armada, Cybertron, Energon etc.)

Also if a figure looks like crap, even if I really like the character I won't buy it.

Animated is KILLING me though. I Love this line!

Cheers!
-Ian

Aernaroth
09-09-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm willing to bet I'm one of the users who buys the least transformers on this board, so I'd say I'm a control buyer.

Lysist
09-09-2008, 04:49 PM
I am selective. I tend to only buy realistic TF's that sort of fit with the Alt/BT lines/Characters that I have as an alt/BT or should have with them

I also tend to collect really good looking Cons as I like to have a mean group of villains.

It is very rare that I stray from that area so this naturally limits me. I also am a big fan of quality and paint so I also usually wait to see what Takara is going to do with mold and compare paint, materials, and chrome.

jacobot
09-09-2008, 06:16 PM
I'm addicted to the hunt.... but, I end up buying anything new I see

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=4233&page=3