PDA

View Full Version : Hardest to find Anitmated figures

Viper_Prime
09-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Of all the curent Anitmated toys released what had been the hardest for you to find?

For me it was V-class Prime. I had to go online for him and to this day I've never seen one in stores.

Bountyan
09-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Blitzwing :p

On a serious note, definitely Voyager Prime. This is figure is pretty much Camaro concept Bumblebee all over again folks.

C_Shewins
09-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Only seen Voyager Grimlock and Voyager Prime once...for both of them. Both are hard to get.

pandaprime
09-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Blitzwing :p

Ditto! :D

I've seen Grimlock at multiple store locations...

Bountyan
09-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Only seen Voyager Grimlock and Voyager Prime once...for both of them. Both are hard to get.
Oh yeah, Grimlock was a pain to find as well, but as soon as I got it, I saw him also at my local Zellers >.<

C_Shewins
09-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Ditto! :D

I've seen Grimlock at multiple store locations...
Where do u work anyways? I seen you post your sightings everyday...that must be lots of gas money dude.

Hound
09-06-2008, 08:27 PM
This is figure is pretty much Camaro concept Bumblebee all over again folks.
But after a little time it became much more common.

I couldn't find it anywhere, panicked because everybody else said they couldn't find it, and then drove well over 100km each way to buy it off of a fellow board member who had an extra one. A few months later and I see him pop up in many different stores.

C_Shewins
09-06-2008, 08:28 PM
But after a little time it became much more common.

I couldn't find it anywhere, panicked because everybody else said they couldn't find it, and then drove well over 100km each way to buy it off of a fellow board member who had an extra one. A few months later and I see him pop up in many different stores.
Still very hard to find here at BC, I only seen it once, no kidding :D

Hound
09-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Still very hard to find here at BC, I only seen it once, no kidding :D
That's the other part of the equation though; regional variance. I don't know why they can't get things even across the board.

Nocturn
09-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Only ever saw Grimlock once. Bought him. V Prime I've seen like 3-4 times. Bumblebee soon disappeared too.

FreedomGundam
09-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Other than the recently released Blitzwing, I've seen every figure all over the place.

jacobot
09-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Of all the curent Anitmated toys released what had been the hardest for you to find?

For me it was V-class Prime. I had to go online for him and to this day I've never seen one in stores.

I posted a few sightings about voyager Primes being stock piled at Brampton Trinity Commons Zellers

pandaprime
09-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Where do u work anyways? I seen you post your sightings everyday...that must be lots of gas money dude.

im working in Burnaby now. I stop in at any store I drive by usually. :)

sorry for going off topic there...

Oreobot
09-06-2008, 09:37 PM
I've seen Voyager Prime in many stores, but not too many Grimlocks.

Sureshot22
09-06-2008, 10:34 PM
wow the last 2 days alone i've seen easily about 50+ grimloks.

I looked for ages to find my blitzwing. and only one i've seen still so far.

I did get that prime quite awhile ago but not seen him much since.

if you guys in BC need a grimlok let me know. i can pick you one up and ship it to you if you are having zero luck. they are everywhere out here.

Team Jetfire
09-06-2008, 10:41 PM
I think we are getting a little confused between rare and not widely released yet. I would call Voyager prime somewhat rare. I have seen him a few times, but not usually on the shelve too often (in my area anyways) Blitzwing has just made it on the shelves in some areas. He is not rare, he is just not "out" everywhere yet.

Sorry to be a jerk, but it is my EBAY pet peeve when someone says something is RARE, when it is really just brand new...

jourdo
09-07-2008, 10:00 AM
I think we are getting a little confused between rare and not widely released yet. I would call Voyager prime somewhat rare. I have seen him a few times, but not usually on the shelve too often (in my area anyways) Blitzwing has just made it on the shelves in some areas. He is not rare, he is just not "out" everywhere yet.

Sorry to be a jerk, but it is my EBAY pet peeve when someone says something is RARE, when it is really just brand new...

I'd have to agree with the jerk here. :p

I've seen most everything at retail at sometime or another, with Voyager Prime probably being the fewest sightings. Blitzwing is just starting to come out, so he has been hard to come by. Other than that, collecting Animated has not been that hard (and THANK YOU FOR THAT HASBRO!!!).

jacobot
09-07-2008, 10:11 AM
But, even where Blitzwing is out, he's only 1 per case... and prime is into his second wave now. Will Blitz be in the next wave too? If not, that would make him the rarest.

Iron Moose
09-07-2008, 12:00 PM
For a while, mostly a week either way of the BOGO, I couldn't find Cybertron Prime or Deluxe Bumblebee anywhere.

IronCrow
09-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Voyager Prime was the hardest for me to find. I've only seen him twice since I bought mine.

astrana
09-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Voyager Prime was the hardest for me to find. I've only seen him twice since I bought mine.

I've seen voyage prime couple times...I saw 10+ of them once at Red Deer TRU (small city between Edmonton and Calgary)

there is no rare deluxe, BB disappeared quick because he is the favorite among younger transfans (talking about 10 years old)

Well, we do not know if blitzwing is rare or "not widely release) but from my experience I would say between Grimlock and V Prime

Cheers Ian
09-07-2008, 04:42 PM
A few Weeks ago I would have said Grimlock, but he's pretty easy to find now. It just took awhile for the figures to hit in Large numbers.

I think most people have a budget when it comes to Transformers, and probably would grab Grimlock before Lugnut. Plus kids have always loved the Dinobots, so that's a factor too.

Blitzwing is out there, I managed to grab one today at the Milton Wal-Mart. :D He'll be everywhere in a few weeks, no need to panic right now.

I'm guessing Sentinel and Swoop will be hitting very shortly.

Animated has been very easy to collect, I hope it stays this way. When the concept Bumblebee came out, I only ever saw the one I bought for about 6 months after he was released. That was a tough figure to find.

Cheers!
-Ian

Incepticon
09-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Grimlock is quickly turning into my white whale. I always read about sightings here & there, but he's always gone by the time I show up.

Echotransformer
09-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Voyager Prime and Blitzwing, although I'm hoping like everyone else he is just early and more will come.

I was really surprised how hard V-Prime was to find...I never saw one on the shelf, only managed to have one put aside at a TRU 50km away and my dear wife picked it up for me. I thank her regularly for that. ;-)

FYI--Grimmy is in good numbers up here in Ottawa...there were 3 at WalMart and 2 at our RCSS in the last couple of days.

Cyber-Kun
09-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Funny for me, I've found everything except for Blitzwing (since he just came out I'm not surprised), but I was only able to find Activators Bumblebee YESTERDAY after looking so much. I didn't buy him the day activators came out, but then I was only ever able to find Starscream and Bulkhead. It was ridiculous! I only wanted to spend 10$ and couldn' t find it (luckily, I take the bus around, so it was only costing me about 5 $ going around town) Man, I've never bought so many characters from one line before, but Animated is just so awesome!

EDIT: Also, Grimlock is EVERYWHERE, especially in the Zellers at Cambridge Centre

tusko
09-09-2008, 03:40 PM
I think Activators Bumblebee is hard to come buy. Jazz and Voyager Prime flew off the shelves here.

Icetron
09-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Voyager Prime and Grimlock, Prime disappears off shelves quickly and I've never seen Grimlock in stores. Luckily I got a Grimlock online...

Lysist
09-09-2008, 05:16 PM
I would say voyager prime but I think they pulled the release back. I think they are going to revamp the packaging and put him in bot mode. I think we should see a lot more of him once the next wave of voyagers hits.:p

Those of you who are MISB collectors may have a good one if you get the truck mode packaging.

Batman
09-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Voyager Prime.

I have seen him in the store once, and I bought him. It is weird too, especially considering he is Optimus Prime, you think he would be in all the case assortments.

Pascal
09-09-2008, 07:57 PM
Bumper Battlers. All of them. :)

jacobot
09-09-2008, 08:00 PM

c'est domage ... Ne parle francais

Are Leaders and RO&C Prime in Quebec?

GMfan
09-09-2008, 08:34 PM

They are everywhere in Ontario....