PDA

View Full Version : City Commander Armour

exoskeleton
08-30-2008, 05:44 PM
most of you know that there is a custom Ultra Magnus being released this month, and i was wondering if anyone knows how hard it will be to get one these in a couple months, i cant afford it at the moment.

cause i need to get one of these to complete my collection (my collection is gonna be finished as soon as i get about 12 more characters). i dont really want one of the old magnus' since they look kinda chunky.

GMfan
08-30-2008, 05:56 PM
RID Ultra Magnus rocks but to ask us how available it will be in a month is too difficult to tell...Considering its limited in number and popularity I'd say it will be tough to get.

venksta
08-30-2008, 07:37 PM
most of you know that there is a custom Ultra Magnus being released this month, and i was wondering if anyone knows how hard it will be to get one these in a couple months, i cant afford it at the moment.

cause i need to get one of these to complete my collection (my collection is gonna be finished as soon as i get about 12 more characters). i dont really want one of the old magnus' since they look kinda chunky.

I see your in Burnaby. I know Ultra Action Toys and Soul of Anime(in richmond center) will be getting them in. Not sure how many. I think you should be able to order it from Big Bad Toy Store, if you can't get it right away. Their getting a lot in, and I think most people who wanted one already preordered from them. BBTS reported they were not as limited as they originally said. I seriously doubt you will have to resort to ebay and pay an insane price for it. :)

exoskeleton
08-30-2008, 08:52 PM
thanks alot venksta, u set my mind at ease.

exoskeleton
08-30-2008, 09:01 PM
although i just realized that it doesnt come with magnus.. haha..

venksta
08-30-2008, 09:06 PM
although i just realized that it doesnt come with magnus.. haha..

Yeah, its just the armor, or else Hasbro's lawyers would be running after the FansProject guys, if they were selling bootleg Classics Magnus with it. :D

exoskeleton
08-30-2008, 09:30 PM
bbts doesnt seem to have any magnus' in stock though... :(

venksta
08-30-2008, 10:45 PM
If you don't have magnus, it'll be hard to find one at a cheap price. If you do have the Classics Prime, or the Henkei version, you can still put the City Commander armour on him as well.

QuadESL63
08-30-2008, 10:47 PM
Yeah, its just the armor, or else Hasbro's lawyers would be running after the FansProject guys, if they were selling bootleg Classics Magnus with it. :D

They don't even dare to call it "Magnus Armour" or "Magnus Trailer" :D

Bountyan
08-30-2008, 10:59 PM
I see your in Burnaby. I know Ultra Action Toys and Soul of Anime(in richmond center) will be getting them in. Not sure how many. I think you should be able to order it from Big Bad Toy Store, if you can't get it right away. Their getting a lot in, and I think most people who wanted one already preordered from them. BBTS reported they were not as limited as they originally said. I seriously doubt you will have to resort to ebay and pay an insane price for it. :)
Really? Sweet, maybe I'll be able to get one for Christmas then.

exoskeleton
08-31-2008, 12:23 AM
oh ya, where is Ultra Action Toys?

venksta
08-31-2008, 01:08 AM
oh ya, where is Ultra Action Toys?

Here is their address. There on the second floor, south side of the Pacific Plaza(Garden City and Cambie).

Ultra Action Toys (http://www.superpages.ca/bus/British-Columbia/Richmond/Ultra-Action-Toys/2593876.html?adid=01342000) - 604-273-2687
2075-8888 Odlin Crescent , Richmond

Also, worth checking out Soul of Anime(richmond center, near the Bay). Its actually owned by the same owner as Ultra Action Toys.

GMfan
08-31-2008, 01:38 AM
It shouldn't be too hard to find a loose Classics Magnus, you may want to check TFWs BST forums as well at it will open up more options for where to get one....it's how I got mine ;)

venksta
09-04-2008, 01:49 AM
I was talking with the FansProject guys today. They mentioned that BBTS and TFSource are expecting to completely sell out their stock after the toy ships to customers. They already have most of it preordered. So it looks like if you don't make an attempt to buy City Commander soon after its shipped out, ebay will be your next option with higher price. :(

exoskeleton
09-04-2008, 09:39 AM
oh shit. is anyone on this site ordering two... and dont need one? haha. thats my other option

also, when is the ship date.. like.. late sept?

chans formers
09-04-2008, 10:02 AM
i just cant wait no more!!!!!anticipation....drool.... i think the sets supposed to land some time closer to the end of this month or early october.

jourdo
09-04-2008, 04:11 PM
oh shit. is anyone on this site ordering two... and dont need one? haha. thats my other option

also, when is the ship date.. like.. late sept?

Damn, I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I literally JUST cancelled my preorder on BBTS a couple of days ago. Talk to hughdaman and see if you can still get in on the group buy on this site.

Euroflip
09-04-2008, 05:12 PM
i have learned that if you are on the fence about a certain figure.... just buy it. You will regret not buying it when you had the chance, and then you are forced to get it off ebay at scalpers mark-up prices. As an example. I had a titanium ultra magnus in my hands at wal-mart a few months back and i passed on it. Now i want it, its like 50-100 bucks MISB on ebay.

venksta
09-04-2008, 07:46 PM
i have learned that if you are on the fence about a certain figure.... just buy it. You will regret not buying it when you had the chance, and then you are forced to get it off ebay at scalpers mark-up prices. As an example. I had a titanium ultra magnus in my hands at wal-mart a few months back and i passed on it. Now i want it, its like 50-100 bucks MISB on ebay.

I agree. At the moment, its easy to get it, especially since anyone selling it has to go by the price FansProject has set, so the price is the same everywhere. Once its released, and you see it on ebay, those ebay sellers will be selling it at whatever price they want.

After my short time with the production piece yesterday, I will say that you do not want to be on the fence for this thing. Trust me, its one of those figures you will regret not buying at the original selling price, or at all.

exoskeleton
09-05-2008, 12:45 AM
so how do i get in on the group buy, i've decided to splurge.. i just got my new welding job today :) Yay!. anyway yah, so i want one.

if i dont do the group buy, which site should i use then?

also.. ship date?

exoskeleton
09-06-2008, 02:22 PM
should i use BBTS or TFSource?

Tech Spec
09-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Either one is good, I personally use BBTS. I have been dealing with them over the past few years.

C_Shewins
09-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Done! Not sure how much it costs for local retail when it is out, just ordered one in case local retail doesn't have it.. I don't want to miss this cool piece.

Oh, by the ways...i think the price isn't too bad compare to that gas tank gun they got...c'mon... 27 bux for that little thing doesn't worth it at all... But this armor, definitely should get, just hope the quality won't disappoint me.

exoskeleton
09-06-2008, 03:10 PM
i want the gas tank just for the Matrix. unless anyone knows where i can that matrix from. the gas tank is useless to me since i dont have that alternator.. i only got the jeeps

C_Shewins
09-06-2008, 03:13 PM
i want the gas tank just for the Matrix. unless anyone knows where i can that matrix from. the gas tank is useless to me since i dont have that alternator.. i only got the jeeps

But it sux to pay 20ish dollars just for that tiny Matrix man.... Maybe they know it wont' sell too well, that is why it is limited to 2000 pcs?

venksta
09-06-2008, 03:59 PM
The price for City Commander was set to $76.99 or something for all retailers. Since some of the online stores have different pricings for the Alt Prime Matrix + Blaster, I guess there is no set price on it.

And C Shewins, if you can, check out Ultra Action Toys for preordering City Commander. I posted info on them in the first page of this thread. They require a full payment at the time of preordering, but they will have them in by the time the online stores are shipping them out. Plus, you save on shipping cost, and possible customs.

venksta
09-06-2008, 04:01 PM

Your better off waiting for the classics Matrix FansProject is releasing. The Alt Prime matrix is designed to fit into prime's chest.

C_Shewins
09-06-2008, 04:01 PM
The price for City Commander was set to $76.99 or something for all retailers. Since some of the online stores have different pricings for the Alt Prime Matrix + Blaster, I guess there is no set price on it.

And C Shewins, if you can, check out Ultra Action Toys for preordering City Commander. I posted info on them in the first page of this thread. They require a full payment at the time of preordering, but they will have them in by the time the online stores are shipping them out. Plus, you save on shipping cost, and possible customs.

Too late...already ordered from BBTS.

C_Shewins
09-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Oh, another question, does anyone know if this City Commander Armour comes with a box? I wanted to keep it MISB.

exoskeleton
09-06-2008, 04:20 PM
mine is going on display the second i get it. right onto Optimus... sadly i have no Magnus

Echotransformer
09-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Oh, another question, does anyone know if this City Commander Armour comes with a box? I wanted to keep it MISB.

Yes! The box is really nice...not very TF-like because it's 'ultra magnus blue' but you'll be impresed. TF source just posted new pictures of it, so just head on over to their site to see it.

I don't know that I would have the discipline to keep mine MISB...I've just got to see that armour on and especially cool is the head sculpt!

C_Shewins
09-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Yes! The box is really nice...not very TF-like because it's 'ultra magnus blue' but you'll be impresed. TF source just posted new pictures of it, so just head on over to their site to see it.

I don't know that I would have the discipline to keep mine MISB...I've just got to see that armour on and especially cool is the head sculpt!

Thanks for the info. I guess no point to keep it MISB, cuz I can't see through the box anyways.

Lucky I got my Magnus down from the States when it came out, and it is still in MISB condition with the skywarp. Time to open the box when the armor is here :D

exoskeleton
09-06-2008, 04:32 PM
i still dont understand why youd want to keep it in MISB. its just something i dont understand. i'm not saying there is anything wrong with it though :)

venksta
09-06-2008, 04:36 PM
For City Commander, its a crime to keep it MISB, especially after the effort put into it so people can enjoy the figure. :D

C_Shewins
09-06-2008, 04:37 PM
i still dont understand why youd want to keep it in MISB. its just something i dont understand. i'm not saying there is anything wrong with it though :)

It really depends. When the figure in package is in robot mode like Henkei Prime, Megatron and Jetfire, I usually keep them MISB. The ones in Vechicle mode, I usually open them up and make them into robot mode for display. My Magnus is in MISB condition in robot mode, so I thought if the trailer can be display in the package, I may keep Magnus in display as MISB as well.

exoskeleton
09-07-2008, 07:17 PM
i just went and preordered it from that place in Richmond. :) :D . and while i was there i finally picked up soundwave.... expensive, but sooooo worth it

astrana
09-07-2008, 10:00 PM
it looks so good I want it really bad except my wallet is in negative this month /sadface. I wonder bbts would still have them in stock in october

exoskeleton
09-07-2008, 10:18 PM
just keep your fingers crossed

borihazard
09-08-2008, 12:11 AM
just keep your fingers crossed

how much was it to preorder from richmond?
________
Roll blunts (http://howtorollablunt.net/)

exoskeleton
09-08-2008, 12:15 AM
like 86$ with taxes

QuadESL63
09-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Preordered an extra one from TF Source together with the Alternator Pickup Truck Prime oil-tank/big gun (my Alternator Nemesis Prime need some serious firepower ;)).

exoskeleton
09-14-2008, 09:18 PM
how many of these armours are being made?

venksta
09-14-2008, 09:22 PM
how many of these armours are being made?

BBTS originally said there were 2000 pieces. But there was a miscommunication, and supposedly there is actually more than that. FansProject haven't said how many pieces exactly. However, they are only making 1 production run for this City Commander. So once the online stores are out, no more will be made to restock them.

pandaprime
09-21-2008, 02:01 AM
BBTS originally said there were 2000 pieces. But there was a miscommunication, and supposedly there is actually more than that. FansProject haven't said how many pieces exactly. However, they are only making 1 production run for this City Commander. So once the online stores are out, no more will be made to restock them.

Anybody know if there will be any Canadian online stores carrying? :confused:

astrana
09-21-2008, 02:20 AM
BBTS also have classic Magnus Optimus Asian market exclusive gift set back in order... i pre-ordered mine... i will probably pre-order city commander as well

Pascal
09-21-2008, 02:19 PM
I'm glad I was able to find a loose Magnus in China for $30, even loose ones often seem to sell for $50+ plus shipping on Ebay.

AnimeXHobby
09-21-2008, 02:24 PM
If I sell the Prime/Magnus 2 pack for 48 dollars, will anyone get from me? I wonder :confused:

Or maybe I should include the City Commander Trailer as a set to sell.

Pascal
09-21-2008, 02:33 PM
We pretty much all have Prime as this point, the Magnus/Skywarp set would probably sell better...

AnimeXHobby
09-21-2008, 02:34 PM
We pretty much all have Prime as this point, the Magnus/Skywarp set would probably sell better...

Kind of hard to get the Magnus/Skywarp now, in this case I will just sell the City Commander Trailer I guess.

venksta
09-21-2008, 03:45 PM
If I sell the Prime/Magnus 2 pack for 48 dollars, will anyone get from me? I wonder :confused:

Or maybe I should include the City Commander Trailer as a set to sell.

Thats a really good deal for the Prime+Magnus set, considering I've seen that set go for $70 at one of the local hobby stores.

exoskeleton
09-21-2008, 03:50 PM
ill buy magnus from you

AnimeXHobby
09-21-2008, 03:53 PM
Thats a really good deal for the Prime+Magnus set, considering I've seen that set go for $70 at one of the local hobby stores.

I know, but I thought many people may already have it. I don't want to take the risk of having too much items people don't buy to get in stock...I am sure everyone will just ask , "Do you have Ultra Magnus ONLY for sale?".... the profit is already low, and it is just scary to see that pile of stuff that no one wants.

AnimeXHobby
09-21-2008, 03:54 PM
ill buy magnus from you
Haha... there you go... I just mentioned it...

exoskeleton
09-23-2008, 12:06 AM
well, i would

Bountyan
09-23-2008, 11:03 AM
I would want to go to Richmond and see if I could buy/pre-order or not, but my mom wouldn't drive since Richmond is like, and hour drive from where I live.

venksta
09-23-2008, 12:40 PM
I would want to go to Richmond and see if I could buy/pre-order or not, but my mom wouldn't drive since Richmond is like, and hour drive from where I live.

Are you talking about going to Ultra Action Toys? Why not phone them up first before driving there, if it takes an hour. Would save you time. :)

Pascal
09-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Yeah, phone them because while I was living in BC, I think I drove at least 2-3 times to their store only to find out no one was around even though the store was supposed to be open... :)

venksta
09-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Yeah, phone them because while I was living in BC, I think I drove at least 2-3 times to their store only to find out no one was around even though the store was supposed to be open... :)

Haha, yeah, thats the main thing I don't like about the store. I always phone in before I go. There have been times I've shown up after phoning, and no one was around. But thats usually a rare instance.

miasboytoy
09-23-2008, 03:12 PM

same here. i have learned the hard way, he tells you to come by tues and you do, either no one is there or the stuff hasnt arrived. i find hes never dead on about when stuff arrives (says mon, then says try wed, then fri, then next wed and so on). its like you seem like your pestering him when you call to see if an item is in or not. ie when i was looking for a bt arcee i called like 6 - 10 times on different occassions (told me to call certain days a few times). i just gave up and went with a more reliable source animexhobby! stuff is guaranteed and at cheaper prices.

protoform_ironhide
09-23-2008, 06:07 PM

You can try Toy's Planet, they should have it when it is out if Richmond is too far for you, but sometimes they don't open. If they don't, you go to their brother's store or whatever to ask for help. They have 2 stores in Crystal Mall I think. I get my transformers from Toy's Planet quite often nowadays. Their price seems cheaper than A3U or Soul Of Anime.

venksta
09-23-2008, 06:33 PM
You can try Toy's Planet, they should have it when it is out if Richmond is too far for you, but sometimes they don't open. If they don't, you go to their brother's store or whatever to ask for help. They have 2 stores in Crystal Mall I think. I get my transformers from Toy's Planet quite often nowadays. Their price seems cheaper than A3U or Soul Of Anime.

The thing is, if you live around the Greater Vancouver area, best place to preorder is Ultra Action Toys, or Soul of Anime which is in Richmond Center, and owned by the same guy as UAT. The reason, their buddies with some of the FansProject guys, makers of City Commanders. In a way, your going to the source. :) Though there are other options for preordering, but I'm not sure who else is bringing City Commander in. I do know that A3U had City Commanders for preorder, but I recall they only had 24 up for grab. And with their recent preorder issues, not sure if its worth risking going with them for this item, since its limited.

protoform_ironhide
09-23-2008, 07:55 PM
It just not making sense to me for paying in full when I preorder my items. Maybe it is just me, I don't trust preorder! If they charge after they receive their items, I don't mind (like BBTS). And often when I get my stuff from Ultra Action Toys (Gundam Model Kits), always I find it a lot cheaper at else where! Sakura Media, A3U and Toy's Planet always have better price than him. That is why I haven't buy buy things from Ultra Action Toys for a while. I guess everyone has different buying habit.

C_Shewins
09-23-2008, 08:40 PM
It just not making sense to me for paying in full when I preorder my items. Maybe it is just me, I don't trust preorder! If they charge after they receive their items, I don't mind (like BBTS). And often when I get my stuff from Ultra Action Toys (Gundam Model Kits), always I find it a lot cheaper at else where! Sakura Media, A3U and Toy's Planet always have better price than him. That is why I haven't buy buy things from Ultra Action Toys for a while. I guess everyone has different buying habit.

I guess I do not need to bother with preorder if I get it as soon as it is released to retail stores. I had cancelled my City Commander Armour from BBTS. Don't get me wrong, BBTS is a good source to get TF and I am still loving them, the great service, fast email reply, etc. Too bad they are from the States.... I still recommand them to anyone. It is just that, in Vancouver, we have quite a few great stores selling TF. I feel lucky for living in Vancouver, lol. I will wait for the stores to get them in, then I will get one locally to save my shipping =)

venksta
09-23-2008, 09:23 PM
I guess I do not need to bother with preorder if I get it as soon as it is released to retail stores. I had cancelled my City Commander Armour from BBTS. Don't get me wrong, BBTS is a good source to get TF and I am still loving them, the great service, fast email reply, etc. Too bad they are from the States.... I still recommand them to anyone. It is just that, in Vancouver, we have quite a few great stores selling TF. I feel lucky for living in Vancouver, lol. I will wait for the stores to get them in, then I will get one locally to save my shipping =)

How many local stores are getting City Commander in, besides UAT/Soul and A3U?

C_Shewins
09-23-2008, 10:07 PM
How many local stores are getting City Commander in, besides UAT/Soul and A3U?

Just wait and see, the set is not released yet :) I am sure there will be some left.

venksta
09-23-2008, 10:28 PM
Just wait and see, the set is not released yet :) I am sure there will be some left.

Just wandering, so that theres a list of more stores out there for people to go buy it at. :)

By the way, those wandering, BBTS will have their stock of City Commander in the next a couple days, if not sooner.. :)

Bountyan
09-23-2008, 10:34 PM
But why do I have the feeling this is going to be like the Wii? Only harder? People couldn't find that thing for months...but like you said, I'll wait and see before I make a move.

venksta
09-23-2008, 10:40 PM
But why do I have the feeling this is going to be like the Wii? Only harder? People couldn't find that thing for months...but like you said, I'll wait and see before I make a move.

The thing is, all stores that will have this right away have agreed to sell it at the set price of $76.99 or something, or else they wouldn't be able to order, or will be breaking a contract agreement. Once people start reselling it, their going to jack the price up do to FansProject's Cliffjumper kits insane demand. FP have made enough, so that people who really want one can have a chance to buy it at the set price.

Nerroth
09-23-2008, 10:51 PM
It seems they won't be in Canada in time for the expo - so I'm hoping I can find a way to get a hold of one in T.O. eventually.

Well, assuming I can find a Classics Magnus to go with it...

venksta
09-23-2008, 10:57 PM
For those who preordered City Commander with Ultra Action Toys or Soul Of Anime, their expecting their shipment in soon. Hoping to have them for sale next week if not sooner. I'll keep you all informed. :)

GMfan
09-23-2008, 11:28 PM
It seems they won't be in Canada in time for the expo - so I'm hoping I can find a way to get a hold of one in T.O. eventually.

Well, assuming I can find a Classics Magnus to go with it...

They MAY be at the Expo....though I highly doubt it. But who knows....there's still 4 days before the show ;)

soundwaveCA
09-24-2008, 02:11 AM
They MAY be at the Expo....though I highly doubt it. But who knows....there's still 4 days before the show ;)

Unless they invent the teleporter from Star Trek before then it's not gonna happen.

exoskeleton
09-30-2008, 11:53 PM
so... its the end of september.. and no trailer yet?

Pascal
09-30-2008, 11:54 PM
BBTS pushed back the release date to "early October"...

JSon
10-01-2008, 12:39 AM
:( BBTS pushed back the release date to "early October"...

I noticed today. I have a huge BBTS order sitting in my pile of loot waiting to be shipped, just waiting for this to stock. Hope I won't be waiting too much longer...

astrana
10-01-2008, 12:42 AM
:(

I noticed today. I have a huge BBTS order sitting in my pile of loot waiting to be shipped, just waiting for this to stock. Hope I won't be waiting too much longer...

Automaton emailed me said the manufacture releasing day in HK is september 30th, so wont get to them till early october... i guess the same for BBTS

Pascal
10-01-2008, 01:57 AM
I just cancelled my order from BBTS to get it from HK instead. Shipping tomorrow. :)

venksta
10-01-2008, 08:37 AM
BBTS should have it any day now. I asked FP about when BBTS and TFSource would get their stock in, apparently the shipment arrived at the shipping ports last week. So its just a matter of time for them to get out of there and into the warehouses.

Pascal
10-01-2008, 09:12 AM
It's going to take another while for them to prepare and ship all the orders.

Sureshot22
10-01-2008, 09:17 AM
sorry maybe a dumb question. but what is HK pascal? and is it better then bbts>?

but ya what is it and whats the web addy please.

thanks

astrana
10-01-2008, 09:35 AM
sorry maybe a dumb question. but what is HK pascal? and is it better then bbts>?

but ya what is it and whats the web addy please.

thanks

HK - HONG KONG

Pascal
10-01-2008, 10:10 AM
but what is HK pascal? and is it better then bbts>?

HK is better because HK gets the stuff and ship it before BBTS. :p

Sureshot22
10-01-2008, 10:42 AM
lol miss understood what i was asking.

what is HK.?

like what is the actual name and website address?

Pascal
10-01-2008, 10:44 AM
HK = Hong Kong. :)

Sureshot22
10-01-2008, 11:03 AM
lol that was my first thought. but said you ordered from them so thought it was a store. lol

have an inside person in HK huh :p nice job.

bambam
10-01-2008, 11:17 AM
lol miss understood what i was asking.

what is HK.?

like what is the actual name and website address?

Hong Kong: www.discoverhongkong.com (http://www.discoverhongkong.com)

HK can also mean Hell's Kitchen in NYC. Not as nice as BBTS.

GMfan
10-01-2008, 11:26 AM
I got to play with this set at AFX....amazing, everyone should get it. One of the best transformers related fan made toy.

Nerroth
10-01-2008, 12:27 PM
I remember seeing a poster advertising the SAR a while back - about a week or two before the SARS epidemic.

The poster said "Hong Kong will take your breath away..."

Nemesis Angel
10-01-2008, 12:46 PM
I saw the City Commander in person and let me tell you, IT LOOKS FRICKING AWSOME. It takes a deluxe figure and transformers it into an Ultra size. I can't wait to get mine!

GMfan
10-01-2008, 01:37 PM
I saw the City Commander in person and let me tell you, IT LOOKS FRICKING AWSOME. It takes a deluxe figure and transformers it into an Ultra size. I can't wait to get mine!

Magnus is a voyager, but who's counting ;)

exoskeleton
10-01-2008, 11:44 PM
i ordered mine at UAT in richmond. i hope it gets here

Sureshot22
10-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Ya i got to see daks at the afx. while talking to code of honor.

looks wicked but both him and me both agree it sucks the BFG is too big and heavy for the arm. only way you can have it is resting on his leg for support. so no awesome pose pics unless you find a way to support it.

but yes a definate buy.

Pascal
10-02-2008, 04:47 PM
I wonder if that set will gain or lose value over time... A MISB will probably gain some value, but who knows, they seem have to been produced in much larger numbers than originally thought. That guy over at tf08 posted a picture showing a huge pile of City Commander boxes and he doesn't even have a store...

Also, I wonder why the Cliffjumper set gained so much value over time. I mean, ok, it's limited, but hey, it's only Cliffjumper, he's not what I call a major character... A trailer for Prime, an upgrade for Megatron, a trailer for Magnus, I can understand, but add-on parts for a not so high profile character like Cliffjumper? Make no mistake, I want one, but I'm just wondering...

borihazard
10-02-2008, 08:44 PM
can i still pre-order the trailer from UAT? im going down to richmond tmr morning..hopefully i still can do it..>.<
________
Buy E Cigarette (http://www.ecigarettes123.com/)

exoskeleton
10-02-2008, 11:07 PM
theythe trailer is in today at UAT. i got a call today

venksta
10-03-2008, 01:17 AM
can i still pre-order the trailer from UAT? im going down to richmond tmr morning..hopefully i still can do it..>.<

Best to head over to their store in Richmond Center, Soul of Anime, if your going in the morning. The UAT store opens late in the afternoon.

borihazard
10-03-2008, 03:50 AM
thx for the advice. maybe they'll have store stock tmr then~
________
Seilana (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Seilana/)

UltraMagnus69
10-03-2008, 12:04 PM
this toy is so sick ...looks wicked in the display case next to my G1 mags

borihazard
10-04-2008, 01:25 AM
yup, went down today and picked up for $86 including tax at Soul of Anime thanks for ur advice Venksta
________
HotLatinBear live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/HotLatinBear)

Tech Spec
10-04-2008, 01:52 AM
Dang it, I have to wait till tomorrow to get mines....

borihazard
10-04-2008, 02:06 AM
Dang it, I have to wait till tomorrow to get mines....

i havent opened mine yet tho..lol im nervous
________
VAPORIZER WIKI (http://vaporizerwiki.com)

venksta
10-04-2008, 08:30 AM
i havent opened mine yet tho..lol im nervous

Its a crime to not open City Commander. :D

By the way, if anyone is wandering, the comic was written in english first. I saw a discussion about the comic on another board, and every over there thinks it was written in chinese first, due to the word "justice" being used, haha.

jjwankenobi
10-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Looks like they're making the Armour for Classics Optimus and Nemesis, both of which I do have.

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=10277&ss=as

Damn...that means I need to buy 2 sets now!!!

Pascal
10-06-2008, 11:55 AM
I think they're only display pieces not intended for production.

jjwankenobi
10-06-2008, 12:02 PM

Hey Pascal,

That's what I thought too. I think I even read that somewhere but it wouldn't surprise me if FansProject capitalizes on the fact that there are a lot more Classics Primes out there that Magnuses.

And the Nemesis armour just looks badass to me, making me really hope they make that too.

venksta
10-06-2008, 12:03 PM

Maybe thats what they want everyone to think.... nah. :)

That's what I thought too. I think I even read that somewhere but it wouldn't surprise me if FansProject capitalizes on the fact that there are a lot more Classics Primes out there that Magnuses.

The event where the Nemesis repaint was shown, was HK-TF club's City Commander release party. The nemesis repaint is a one off repaint like the Diaclone Powered Convoy, for now. Also, take a good look at the sword he's holding... Thats not a sword released with any previous TF figure. :)

Pascal
10-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Well, for Prime, I'd rather have them finish the G1-esque trailer they were working on just to make the kit different.

GMfan
10-06-2008, 12:39 PM
I could live without the nemesis one but the powered convoy trailer looked awesome at Fcon and I would be very hard press not to dish out another $80 for it.

jjwankenobi
10-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Yeah, I'd probably just go for the Powered Convoy armour and skip the Nemesis trailer if they're ever mass produced, although the prevelance of red is throwing me off a bit now.

However, I do realize that red is a neccesity from the original Diaclone colouring-homage standpoint.

chans formers
10-06-2008, 01:03 PM
the guy at the tfcon said that the powered convoy repaint of the trailer at the show was just to show the possibilities.the other "black"trailer was for the show also and it wasnt actually nemesis prime but a optimus prime painted black,and the placard said "classics motormaster".

exoskeleton
10-06-2008, 11:10 PM
the Nemesis Prime trailer comes with a big freaking sword. i got to hold it. :D the dude at Soul of Anime, showed me it.

venksta
10-07-2008, 10:31 AM
the guy at the tfcon said that the powered convoy repaint of the trailer at the show was just to show the possibilities.the other "black"trailer was for the show also and it wasnt actually nemesis prime but a optimus prime painted black,and the placard said "classics motormaster".

Actually, the grey trailer wasn't suppose to be a possibilty for a future repaint. It was just to show off the proto trailer in grey, and they spray painted prime black so he wasn't as noticeable. :)

Pascal
10-07-2008, 12:33 PM
OMG. Got my City Commander set this morning. This has to be my favorite transforming piece for 2008. Top-notch quality, fantastic sculpt. Even the license plate can rotate out of the way! Sick.

Quantum
10-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Dude, can't wait! Mine'll get here this week! Congrats.

dak
10-07-2008, 01:56 PM
I got mine on the weekend from kool toyz. Fantastic!

Sureshot22
10-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Ditto. got mine from Kool Toyz also.

thanks Sheraz.

and yup it is ABSOLUTELY AWSOME!! :D

scared to transform it back to trailer mode cause of how the legs go in.. was scary putting the leg armour on in the first place.

also not sure i want to he looks too awesome combined.

really hope they do a nemesis prime repaint or prime.

Nerroth
10-08-2008, 10:46 AM
I'm quite jealous.

Shame I'm broke...

...sigh.

Oh well - given that I will probably have a tough time finding a Magnus cab to go with it, I guess a Nemesis trailer - if one is ever done - would be useful enough.

However, I would hope to see the Nemesis edition (if there ever is one) have an alternate head sculpt...

JSon
10-08-2008, 11:32 AM
BBTS has it listed as processing today, yay I guess. Sucks that it had to take so much longer. I have no problem switching my order somewhere else, but I had a bunch of stuff stockpiled at BBTS already so I figured I could wait to save on shipping... Now that lots of people already have theres, it's just depressing.

Pascal
10-08-2008, 11:50 AM
One thing I'd like to know : which way is the BFG supposed to go? If you by the instructions, it looks like the 2 silver bars should be pointing forward; however, the gun looks better facing the other direction BUT then you have clearance problem with the forearm getting slightly in the way..

venksta
10-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Hope these help.

http://members.shaw.ca/venksta/2008/CC_Cannon.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/venksta/2008/CC_Rocket.jpg

Pascal
10-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Thanks. Rocket launcher mode is my favorite.

exoskeleton
10-08-2008, 10:51 PM
theres one other mode i use:

you flip the Rocket Launcher Mode around.. and i like to call it

"YA FEELIN LUCKY... PUNK?"

MODE

http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v345/24/6/765550456/n765550456_4395412_259.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v345/24/6/765550456/n765550456_4395415_749.jpg

exoskeleton
10-08-2008, 10:54 PM
oh... and i found another mode.. you just flip it inside out.. then spin it around a couple times, blink twice and snap your fingers... then..

"TWINKY MODE!!!!"

http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v345/24/6/765550456/n765550456_4395420_1544.jpg

exoskeleton
10-10-2008, 11:26 PM
how many people on this site got this armour?

venksta
10-11-2008, 01:04 AM
I don't. Waiting for it to still arrive.

GMfan
10-11-2008, 01:24 AM
Mine is in the mail but I've played with it...and loved it....and died alittle when I had to give it back....

Vangelus
10-11-2008, 07:16 AM
Waiting for mine from TFSource.

Wait = PAIN

Nemesis Predaking
10-11-2008, 07:37 AM
Anyone heard any news if Automaton Toys is receiving their shipment soon?

Sureshot22
10-11-2008, 08:42 PM
already got one a week or so ago. waiting for my other to arrive =)

Dangard Ace
10-15-2008, 10:31 PM
by a buddy of mine over at www.toyretard.com

Check it out simply to see what he discovers about the gun compared to what was shown in the seibertron.com gallery.

http://www.toyretard.com/2008/10/15/classics-ultra-magnus-trailerarmor/

Pascal
10-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Check it out simply to see what he discovers about the gun compared to what was shown in the seibertron.com gallery.

http://www.toyretard.com/2008/10/15/classics-ultra-magnus-trailerarmor/

Already pointed out several times on various sites including here (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showpost.php?p=83645&postcount=120). ;)

astrana
10-15-2008, 10:59 PM
talk about the set... i am still waiting for mine, automaton just got thm yesterday. right now i am painting my Nemesis Prime gun silve lol

pandaprime
10-27-2008, 11:27 PM
Know of any Canadian retailer that have any stock left? :confused:

astrana
10-27-2008, 11:59 PM
Know of any Canadian retailer that have any stock left? :confused:

they are sold in retails. u need find them online or specialty toy store

pandaprime
10-28-2008, 12:03 AM
Anyone know of any Canadian online site or specialty store that have any stock left? :confused: :)

jjwankenobi
10-28-2008, 12:16 AM
Anyone know of any Canadian online site or specialty store that have any stock left? :confused: :)

I'm guessing of Soul Of Anime at Richmond Centre have some for sale. They have 8 for auction on eBay (http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?&customid=cybertron&toolid=10001&campid=5335815859&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.ca%2FTFX-01-City-Commander-ULTRA-MAGNUS-Upgrade-Kit_W0QQitemZ130264313389QQcmdZViewItem%3Fhash%3Di tem130264313389%26_trkparms%3D72%253A1215%257C39%2 53A1%257C66%253A2%257C65%253A12%257C240%253A1318%2 6_trksid%3Dp3286.c0.m14).

pandaprime
10-28-2008, 12:25 AM
I'm guessing of Soul Of Anime at Richmond Centre have some for sale. They have 8 for auction on eBay (http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?&customid=cybertron&toolid=10001&campid=5335815859&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.ca%2FTFX-01-City-Commander-ULTRA-MAGNUS-Upgrade-Kit_W0QQitemZ130264313389QQcmdZViewItem%3Fhash%3Di tem130264313389%26_trkparms%3D72%253A1215%257C39%2 53A1%257C66%253A2%257C65%253A12%257C240%253A1318%2 6_trksid%3Dp3286.c0.m14).

I stopped in there on the weekend and they said they were currently out of stock but they _may_ get some more in soon for 86.99 each :rolleyes:

venksta
10-28-2008, 01:10 AM
I stopped in there on the weekend and they said they were currently out of stock but they _may_ get some more in soon for 86.99 each :rolleyes:

I would phone them again and state that they have 8 for sale on ebay.

Anyways, I find it super hilarious that Soul of Anime is selling them on ebay, at the jacked up price, considering who they are, haha. :rolleyes:

jjwankenobi
10-28-2008, 12:30 PM
I would phone them again and state that they have 8 for sale on ebay.

Anyways, I find it super hilarious that Soul of Anime is selling them on ebay, at the jacked up price, considering who they are, haha. :rolleyes:

That's exactly what I think PandaPrime should do, but could Soul Of Anime be auctioning off these 8 pieces to be shipped directly from China?

My guess would be no. They must have those 8 pieces in hand, right?

venksta
10-28-2008, 01:30 PM
That's exactly what I think PandaPrime should do, but could Soul Of Anime be auctioning off these 8 pieces to be shipped directly from China?

My guess would be no. They must have those 8 pieces in hand, right?

Yup, their stock is all in Richmond. They don't have a warehouse in China, to have things shipped out for their store.

Pascal
10-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Soul of Anime = Ultra Action Toys?

jjwankenobi
10-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Soul of Anime = Ultra Action Toys?

Yes...I was told they are the same owners.

pandaprime, you should try them too. They're a little more "hidden" (http://www.canpages.ca/page/BC/richmond/ultra-action-toys/2901616.html) than Soul Of Anime...in fact I've yet to actually physically find them.

venksta
10-28-2008, 01:49 PM
Yes...I was told they are the same owners.

pandaprime, you should try them too. They're a little more "hidden" (http://www.canpages.ca/page/BC/richmond/ultra-action-toys/2901616.html) than Soul Of Anime...in fact I've yet to actually physically find them.

The problem with Ultra Action Toys, is that they don't seem to have a set time. Heck, sometimes that store won't even be open. Its due to them putting more focus on Soul Of Anime, which is the main store now. So if you want to goto Ultra Action Toys, make sure you phone a head first, and let them know your coming in.

exoskeleton
10-28-2008, 11:15 PM
i got lucky when i went to Ultra Action Toys

InfernoTheRoyal
10-29-2008, 01:33 AM
I'll have to get working on Magnus then try to be lucky in finding one of these awesome items. The City Commander armor is amazing, they need to do more items like this.

GodFireConvoy08
10-29-2008, 01:49 AM
I'll definitely have to get this armor set T_T

CobraCommander
10-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Wow, just got my CC armor, I've seen it earlier and I knew it was awesome... but what really blew me away is the instruction manual/comic... that was F'n great!

Man, Hasbro should listen up, that's an excellent way to illustrate the transformation sequence!!!

That said, I'm not too hyped on the giant trailer gun... they could have used that extra plastic for something cooler like longer shoulder stacks, side missiles, maybe a buddy bot :p

Benzo
10-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Wow, just got my CC armor, I've seen it earlier and I knew it was awesome... but what really blew me away is the instruction manual/comic... that was F'n great!

Man, Hasbro should listen up, that's an excellent way to illustrate the transformation sequence!!!

That said, I'm not too hyped on the giant trailer gun... they could have used that extra plastic for something cooler like longer shoulder stacks, side missiles, maybe a buddy bot :p

a CC exclusive targetmaster would have been cool!

Protoman
11-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Yay, mine came in the mail finally. Magnus is A LOT bigger then I thought when combined (Sadly I had to use Voyager Optimus Prime cause I don't have Magnus/Skywarp 2-pack yet)

Dynamo.Dave
11-02-2008, 08:18 PM
I'm still happy with the magnus set, but watch out for the head... mine just broke off... ouch...

jourdo
11-02-2008, 09:37 PM

I'd have to agree with the instructions. Very creative way of doing this. Hasbro, take note... awesome idea here.

As for the set itself... wow. Absolutely the best add-on that I've ever seen.

chans formers
11-02-2008, 09:41 PM
i just got my 2 sets from hugh dah man and i am fricken impressed!!!!ive actually fallen in love with my classics magnus:D im just not sure if i ever wanna try removing his foot pieces after gingerly mashing them on.also,has anyone had issues with his "crotch"piece staying on?other than that,awesome upgrade!!!!

venksta
11-02-2008, 11:39 PM
i just got my 2 sets from hugh dah man and i am fricken impressed!!!!ive actually fallen in love with my classics magnus:D im just not sure if i ever wanna try removing his foot pieces after gingerly mashing them on.also,has anyone had issues with his "crotch"piece staying on?other than that,awesome upgrade!!!!

Push the waste piece in, until you hear a "click". Then you'll know its securely on.

Vangelus
11-03-2008, 04:40 AM
I got this last week, and damn if it isn't still fun to mess with. :D Makes me want to try stop-motion stuff too, for some reason.

chans formers
11-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Push the waste piece in, until you hear a "click". Then you'll know its securely on.
thanks man!!!i was only "sliding"it on as per the comic/instructions,didnt know it actually pushed in that far!!!!wooooohooooo!!!!!:D

ne0
11-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out, I just got my CC kit and noticed that a piece is missing, I am missing the little piece that holds the gun together.

I was wondering if any know who I can contact about this.

AnimeXHobby
11-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out, I just got my CC kit and noticed that a piece is missing, I am missing the little piece that holds the gun together.

I was wondering if any know who I can contact about this.
Contact whoever you buy it from first, then they should be able to tell you?

ne0
11-09-2008, 04:07 PM
I got it from TFsource from a group buy.

I guess I should just contact TFsource to see what they can do.

Thanks!

venksta
11-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Well, I finally got my City Commander today. Paid just over half for it. Since I'm getting compensation for the work/help I gave the group, having to pay something for my City Commander isn't a big deal to me. Anyways, funny how its alot different having it in person, compared to starring at photos of it for months to build a 3d model. :D

Also, some news for Shadow Commander. It will come with two swappable faces! The regular face, and the new faceplate resculpt.

General Tekno
11-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Well, I finally got my City Commander today. Paid just over half for it. Since I'm getting compensation for the work/help I gave the group, having to pay something for my City Commander isn't a big deal to me. Anyways, funny how its alot different having it in person, compared to starring at photos of it for months to build a 3d model. :D

Also, some news for Shadow Commander. It will come with two swappable faces! The regular face, and the new faceplate resculpt.

Huh - you didn't have one yet? Wow.

And meanwhile, I really can't wait to see what else FansProject does. Given I've got both Classics and Henkei Rodimus, I'm really hoping they do some Rodimus Prime armor.

Nerroth
11-09-2008, 11:24 PM

Cool - one for a Shattered Glass Magnus, another for a Powered Nemesis!

venksta
11-10-2008, 12:24 AM
Huh - you didn't have one yet? Wow.

Yeah... Its sad...

Forgot to mention. Shadow Commander, is definitely a BBTS exclusive. In terms of, all the stock will go to them. So TFSource is actually getting their stock from BBTS. So for those waiting to buy Shadow Commander from local hobby shops, don't. Its best to put a preorder down with BBTS or TFSource, unless you find a local hobby shop that can guarantee they'll get some stock some how. Also, the price for Shadow Commander, no one has said its locked like City Commanders. ;)

General Tekno
11-10-2008, 12:30 AM
Yeah... Its sad...

Forgot to mention. Shadow Commander, is definitely a BBTS exclusive. In terms of, all the stock will go to them. So TFSource is actually getting their stock from BBTS. So for those waiting to buy Shadow Commander from local hobby shops, don't. Its best to put a preorder down with BBTS or TFSource, unless you find a local hobby shop that can guarantee they'll get some stock some how. Also, the price for Shadow Commander, no one has said its locked like City Commanders. ;)

Interesting.

Any chance you can let us know if any of FansProjects' future customs end up exclusive to one retailer, so that we know who to preorder from?

Eg, that Megatron pistol set they showed off at TFCon - that would be awesome to have.

venksta
11-10-2008, 12:53 AM
Interesting.

Any chance you can let us know if any of FansProjects' future customs end up exclusive to one retailer, so that we know who to preorder from?

Eg, that Megatron pistol set they showed off at TFCon - that would be awesome to have.

It depends really on what I can say... :(

I hope that Megatron pistol isn't an exclusive. It would suck if I had to order from BBTS to get it, especially when its my own idea to make those mini guns.

GMfan
11-10-2008, 01:01 AM
That's BS, if you're involved in the project in some way you should get one for free

General Tekno
11-10-2008, 01:09 AM
It depends really on what I can say... :(

I hope that Megatron pistol isn't an exclusive. It would suck if I had to order from BBTS to get it, especially when its my own idea to make those mini guns.

That was yours?

Those were freaking awesome to look at at TFCon, I gotta say - as was that Matrix they had.

If there was a reasonably priced Classics accessory pack I would snatch it up in no time.

Incepticon
11-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Just thought I'd throw in my two cents now that I finally received my CC set...

Save for some of the Binaltech weapon upgrade kits, this was the first fan-made accessory that ever interested me for obvious reasons. After finally receiving it this morning, I have to say that I am completely blown away by the quality of it. The details and little intricacies are phenominal, and if I didn't know better, it could easily pass as an official release made by Hasbro/Takara. Absolutely worth every cent that I paid for it, and easily the best fan-made upgrade to date. I'm thankful to finally have a relevant version of Classics Magnus and am especially glad I didn't sell it as I had planned to. The whole thing is nothing but 'wow!' :)

BadJeff
11-10-2008, 04:38 PM
^^ Yeah, it is a fabulous piece. Only slight issue with mine is that his armored jock doesn't hold on as snug as i'd like.

Mumps
11-10-2008, 05:10 PM
^^ Yeah, it is a fabulous piece. Only slight issue with mine is that his armored jock doesn't hold on as snug as i'd like.
You gotta really press it on. Trust me, it snaps into place nice and snug, just like the rest of City Commander.

I dunno if I want Shadow Commander yet... I'd have to buy Nem Prime first, lol

That being said, I think it's very easy to tell apart City Commander from a HasTak release. City Commander has too much detail to be hastak ;)

jjwankenobi
11-12-2008, 02:05 AM
Phew...after all that Venksta's revealed I'm quite relieved to have pre-ordered my Shadow Commander set from BBTS when I did!

My FansProject wishlist is as follows:

1. A G1-inspired trailer and laser canon rifle set for Classics Optimus Prime, complete with Roller and repair droid

2. A trailer/armour set for Classics Rodimus that will allow him turn into Rodimus Prime.

C'mon FansProject...to quote The Beatles: "Don't Let Me Down"!

venksta
11-12-2008, 02:33 AM
That was yours?

Those were freaking awesome to look at at TFCon, I gotta say - as was that Matrix they had.

If there was a reasonably priced Classics accessory pack I would snatch it up in no time.

I only came up with the concept, and provided a digital mockup, and ideas to give it a gimmick for the handle/peg. Yes, the Mini-Megatron blasters have a gimmick. The blaster's handle is just like the toys. However, it does not fit in any of the Classics figures hands. So, you just push it up forward, and it reveals a peg that nicely fits in any standard size TF figure hand. My Starscream figure showed it off nicely at TFCon. :)
http://members.shaw.ca/venksta/fansproject/Classics_Megatron_gun.jpg

Phew...after all that Venksta's revealed I'm quite relieved to have pre-ordered my Shadow Commander set from BBTS when I did!

I'm glad you got one secured. :D

astrana
11-12-2008, 03:31 AM
the armor is freaking sweet.
only problem i encountered is the gun being too heavy
also it is kinda scary forcing the legs .out/into the armor