PDA

View Full Version : Average Spending On TF Every Month xD

BraveFortressMaximus
08-28-2008, 01:14 AM
Everyone has different amount they spend for TF. what is your budget. When you put aside your basic needs cable, rent, phone bill, and etc. Do you spent more than you want so you don't have enough for things you really need in the end. Or you buy till there no tomorrow for your collection :D. I tend to over spend so my bank account never seem to grow xD.

Icetron
08-28-2008, 01:17 AM
Yeah I overspend too. It usually depends on how many deals I find and what comes out in a given month, so it varies quite a bit. I'm probably going to cut back a bit soon as school starts for me again next week, less time to go to the malls = less money spent...hopefully.

And I don't just buy TFs, so spending sux for me since Japanese stuff usually costs more (with shipping and stuff too). :(

Robimus
08-28-2008, 01:24 AM
I should get a discount for using my account so little :p My empty account keeps the bank way lighter than it should be.:D

We did a thread last year where we figured out yearly spending. I might figure that out again as I don't keep real close tabs.

I've probably spent less than $100 per month this year on my collecting, been a slow year as I haven't fully embraced Animated the way I did the Movie stuff. I still ended up with more than I thought I would though.

My biggest one time investment was Henkei Megs and Astrotrain, no big internet orders this year. I did drop $200 at the Manitoba Toy Expo in March. Big Day:), but mostly Star Wars stuff plus G1 Blaster and Warpath...

astrana
08-28-2008, 01:45 AM
I dont want to talk about this...

Black Cat
08-28-2008, 01:51 AM
Per month, I spend less than $15.

Yes, I know, shocking. But that's what happens when gas prices are high, and the stores in your area don't know how to stock.

General Tekno
08-28-2008, 02:54 AM
Myself, it depends on the month... The months where I've gone to 'cons are expensive.

August also got expensive fast thanks to the Ultras- but on the bright side I've got a lot of my spending done for the year.

Now, when it comes to NEXT year, I'm shuddering. I'll have to pass on repaints if I can...

cannabisprime
08-28-2008, 03:53 AM
Mine pretty much varies as well; it's hard to budget for TFs that aren't easily available at retail (older lines, etc).

evil_ivotron
08-28-2008, 04:53 AM
way too much....

Tech Spec
08-28-2008, 04:55 AM
IF I say anything about my TF spending, my wallet will freak out

pandaprime
08-28-2008, 07:40 AM
IF I say anything about my TF spending, my wallet will freak out

Ditto! :(

montague78
08-28-2008, 09:45 AM

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Pascal
08-28-2008, 10:11 AM
Too much, but I've been slowing down quite a bit lately, and I'd like it to stay that way.

Optimus_Prime
08-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Just under $200 this month, not sure about the others.

Hound
08-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Well, averaged out for the last year works to just under $50 a month, which isn't too bad. However, now that I have most of the "no longer in stores" TFs that I want, things should settle into purchasing 1-2 deluxes a month.

jourdo
08-28-2008, 10:35 AM
I don't want to know. :(

Honestly, it depends on the month and the new releases. I find for the months that there are few retail items, I make up for it by going online. It is a bad cycle.

One of these days I SHOULD start keeping track of it, but I'm afraid my wife would find the spreadsheet.

Wodicus
08-28-2008, 10:40 AM
For me it all comes down to how many new TFs come out in the run of a month. Sometimes I spend way to much as new things just don't stop, other times I spend next to nothing if nothing new is out. So I have no idea how much I pend on average.

General Tekno
08-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Yeah - myself, I'm generally more interested in stuff that's available at stores than older figures.

jourdo
08-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Does anyone actually keep track of this? I'm just curious.

onecoin
08-28-2008, 10:50 AM
Isn't ignorance bliss?

Lysist
08-28-2008, 11:10 AM
Good Month=150 bucks or so. Bad Month= $400+
(don't judge me, I don't have a huge amount of over head expenses and I am dual income)

jourdo
08-28-2008, 11:12 AM
Anyone up for a challenge? We keep tabs on our spending (including shipping costs) from September until the end of the year. We could have a leaderboard of shame and everything.

Pascal
08-28-2008, 11:16 AM
That'd be cool... (NOT!)

BadJeff
08-28-2008, 11:17 AM

Indirectly...I stuff (most of) my receipts in a drawer at work.. Yesterday I opened it to clean it up because it was getting pretty crammed. I realized I couldn't hold them all in two hands so I shoved them back in and closed it. I'd need one of theose "Neat Receipts" scanners to really know the truth. My wife has one for her company that I need to borrow..check them out, they are a great toy for scanning and organizing all that paperwork. http://www.neatreceipts.com/

Otherwise, the month is only as expensive as Hasbro makes it... in the slow months, ebay seems to make up the difference..

GMfan
08-28-2008, 11:19 AM
I try to keep it under $100....usually winds up closer to it....

BadJeff
08-28-2008, 11:20 AM

Anyone up for a challenge? We keep tabs on our spending (including shipping costs) from September until the end of the year. We could have a leaderboard of shame and everything.

You're asking us to turn ourselves in! No way man..;)

Transbot90210
08-28-2008, 11:28 AM
It all depends on what is in stores.

I wouldn't be surprised if it amounts to around $200 a month.

As others said when retail dies (during the second year of TF:The Movie (live action) I turned to ebay and that made sure I gotz my spendin done.

These next few months are going to be very expensive with all the ecores, animated and universe figures coming out. I shudder to think about next year with the 25th anni, encores, TF:M2, animated and universe.

Thanx
Transbot90210

P.S. I love buying this stuff so much to be honest I just spend without keeping track. My bills all get paid so the rest of my money is mine to do so as I please.

aximili
08-28-2008, 11:47 AM
This summer has been especially bad (or good) for spending for me. I've spent at least $1,200 just on eBay since June. I only know this because of the side tab which keeps track.. but I've deleted all of the finished transactions now so I don't have to look at the amount. Mind you a lot of that is BotCon stuff and the rest is items that aren't in store anymore.

Because I only started collecting in the last year or so (or restarted, if you count when I was 12 but had no money) I've had to buy online. But most of that is Beast Wars stuff.

I do keep a spreadsheet to keep track of my figures. One tab for each era I collect. Not to be confused with line. I have G1 Universe where I put everything that's G1 inspired (the only real G1 toy I have is Soundwave) for Classics, new Universe, Titanium and the like. Also including Shattered Glass in there too. Then Beast Wars (incl. a few Beast Machines), Movie series and Animated series.

Interestingly, I don't keep track of how much I've spent on transformers, rather how much I intend to spend. Every figure has the retail price attached (or what I expect to have to pay if I have to do eBay) and it calculates how much I'll have to spend to complete each list. I always overestimate though and then set the price to $0 because I'm not selling them and I don't want a record of how much I've spent!

It's actually very helpful, because I can calculate how much it will cost to buy all of the upcoming retail figures I want and plan accordingly. I've sworn off eBay for a while though... I really can't wait until I'm finished my "older figures" and focus on retail. Soooo much cheaper and easier... especially since customs hates me.

Other benefits: I have to really think about whether I want a character or not. I've added and removed and added again until I'm satisfied months before the figure comes out. Plus I can easily see the split between Autobots and Decepticons and maybe add a few of the "I sort of want" figures to the side with the less. I'm looking at you Universe classics Decepticons!!

Anyone else have a system?

Benzo
08-28-2008, 01:43 PM
hard to say but I would guess around 50-75 a month

General Tekno
08-28-2008, 02:11 PM
I could probably do that "challenge"... though right now I think I have about 300-400 in estimated spending.

Mind you, that doesn't include the Target 2-packs Zellers is getting or Unicron.

chans formers
08-28-2008, 02:46 PM
id do that too but im terrified my wifey would see it on here!:D

PrimeReviews
08-28-2008, 04:14 PM
16$-30$ .Unless Im On Vacation,50-70$

Bountyan
08-28-2008, 05:11 PM
I lol'd at that post. Anyways, about $60-$80, which is, unfortunately, more than I get each month.

miasboytoy
08-28-2008, 06:24 PM
wow i must be crazy. i ve been spending more than $500 easily a month, since i hafta get my fix on the plastic japanese crack. omg if we did the challenge some of us might rethink on our spending habbits. i keep a detailed excel spreadsheet also. that way i try to get at least cost back if i ever resell on misb stuff and it kinda tells me i kinda need to slow down at times.

astrana
08-28-2008, 06:39 PM
I lol'd at that post. Anyways, about $60-$80, which is, unfortunately, more than I get each month.

well, I have a part time job which all of the income from it goes to luxury products, in august

leader Magnus, Henkei Hot Rob, Cybertron Metroplex
TFA voyage wave 3, delux wave 4, armada jetfire

well, i got slow down on it next month, which i say that every month

Cheers Ian
08-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Can't say I have an average on Transformers per month, because I collect other lines as well. I've been actively collecting Action figures for about 12 years and I tend to go in phases in what I buy more than others. Right now with Transformers Animated rocking so much most of my collectible money has been spent on those, in turn has caused me to pick up some other Transformers from various era's. So since about may I've spent WAAYYY more than i'd like to think about :eek:

But overall I'd say I probably spent about $100 - $150 per month on collectibles. I might go through about 3 or 4 months and not buy a thing, but I have som very expensive months too.

Cheers!
-Ian

AnimeXHobby
08-31-2008, 03:57 AM
Average used to be 50, now around 100. Spent 300 this month... So hope I won't spend too much next month.

Nocturn
08-31-2008, 11:04 AM
Depends on how much comes out: July was almost nothing, maybe, $20?

August cost at least $200 though...

Cliffjumper69
08-31-2008, 11:09 AM

Sounds like a good idea, and teh weiner can haz a cookie! lol :p

Id be down for posting what Ive bought, and we can post pictures for proof! ;)

CJ

Batman
08-31-2008, 04:40 PM
August purchases
-$200 for the New Millenium Falcon
-$50 on Misc Star Wars Figures
-$70 on Hiss Tank and a few Joes online
-$50 on Universe Nemesis Prime
-$15 on Iron Monger (chest opening one)
-$45 on Joe vehicles
-$40 on Universe Onslaught
-$30 on Deep Space Starscream
-$45 on TFA Deluxe wave 3
-$30 on TFA Voyager Prime
-$220 on Hot Toys Joker

Total : It's been a bad month.

Icetron
08-31-2008, 06:06 PM
I just did some calculations, I spent nearly $400 this month and it doesn't include all the times I ate out this month too... I think I'll slow down a lot next month lol.

The 12th Prime
09-02-2010, 12:10 AM
Well I found the thread on "how much we spend each month" that the "how big is your collection" thread got me thinking about. So here goes, I give myself $40 every two weeks spending money and I spend most of it on TF's. If it's a 3 pay month then it's $120. So in a year my spending is $1040. Some months I'll advance myself some money, pay it back and splurge like I did this past April because it was my Birthday and I really wanted some nice TF's that I had wanted for a while. After that I saved up $160 for TFCon and only went $15 over. I try not to over pay for TF's unless I really want something and I think it'll be harder to get later on.

So what's your story?

Nocturn
09-02-2010, 12:15 AM
Depends on how much comes out: July was almost nothing, maybe, $20?

August cost at least $200 though...

Yeah, it ranges. Between almost nothing and upwards of $500, though I don't do the latter anymore

September has been $33 already. August... maybe 3 or 4 hundred?

Buhawi
09-02-2010, 12:38 AM
the wife calculated it to be maybe 150-200$ per month but it really depends on what is out. I'm very picky with my purchases and what I collect.

This month

- TRU Grimmy 80$
- G1 Dev 100$
- Cybertron ratchet 18$
- WFC Prime 18$
- WFC Bumblebee 18$
- Gen Thrust 18$
- Gen drift 18$
- HA Jazz 46$
-------------------------
316$

months before that 0$ to 100$.

my cigarettes cost 100$ per month. I plan to quit on the 28th.

nervousviper
09-02-2010, 01:51 AM
For me it depends on what is out in the market and how I badly want it. My purchases last month are as follows:

Battle Ops BB
WFC Optimus
WFC BB
Gen Drift
Gen Thrust
TFA Rodimus
TFA Ironhide
HA Jazz
FP Crossfire

so maybe around $300 to $400 and it doesn't includes the GIJOE POC, LEGO (for my son) and video games.