Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-04-2021, 04:53 AM   #2471
steamwhistle
Crossover
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Origins Bee available for home delivery:

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Transforme.../C4F6795A.html
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 06:06 AM   #2472
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Honestly the TRU site is terrible. They should just use whomever/whatever program Canadian Tire uses for their site. Of course it is by no means perfect either, but man it leaves most other big box retailers in the dust for usefulness.

The Canadian Tire site will actually show you whether or not the product is in stock in store or online only, or not in stock. Then it also has the amount of stock available by store, and even what aisle/section you can find it in at that store. Also you don't have to go back and forth for other stores, it will just show you the next closest ones if you scroll down a bit. Of course it would be helpful if they could be super specific so that you would know what amount of each toy character is available instead of just a generic SKU for a wave. However I can forgive that since toys are not their specialty, and if I am looking for something specific, or harder to find, I know that if they have little stock the chance of having the item I want is pretty slim.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 08:20 AM   #2473
delrue
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlessdark View Post
I’ve placed orders now for that Origins Bee that have been cancelled 5 times. I don’t understand how pick up orders are being cancelled during hours when the store isn’t even open, or within a minute or so of the order being placed. And the website keeps reporting stock in that store and even reporting stock in stores that didn’t before. Ordered. Cancelled. Try to get someone on the phone? Nope, no luck. Repeat.
They have staff that works overnight stocking shelves.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 09:35 AM   #2474
BeeTrain
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Honestly the TRU site is terrible. They should just use whomever/whatever program Canadian Tire uses for their site. Of course it is by no means perfect either, but man it leaves most other big box retailers in the dust for usefulness.

The Canadian Tire site will actually show you whether or not the product is in stock in store or online only, or not in stock. Then it also has the amount of stock available by store, and even what aisle/section you can find it in at that store. Also you don't have to go back and forth for other stores, it will just show you the next closest ones if you scroll down a bit. Of course it would be helpful if they could be super specific so that you would know what amount of each toy character is available instead of just a generic SKU for a wave. However I can forgive that since toys are not their specialty, and if I am looking for something specific, or harder to find, I know that if they have little stock the chance of having the item I want is pretty slim.
100% agree. My background is in retail systems and the TRU site irritates me to no end.

Toys R Us runs on Salesforce Commerce (acquired as Demandware) and Canadian Tire runs on SAP Commerce (acquired as Hybris).

Canadian Tire inventories their figures as a wave - Example: Siege Chromia, Ironhide, Sixgun and Prowl were all the same SKU because they used the case SKU, not the inner SKU. It's a Canadian Tire data setup/merchandizing thing, not a limitation of the commerce platform.
BeeTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 10:21 AM   #2475
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTrain View Post
Canadian Tire inventories their figures as a wave - Example: Siege Chromia, Ironhide, Sixgun and Prowl were all the same SKU because they used the case SKU, not the inner SKU. It's a Canadian Tire data setup/merchandizing thing, not a limitation of the commerce platform.
Toysrus has done that in the past for Transformers too. but there are times when specific characters in waves will have their own SKU instead, they tend to go back and forth on that, which is odd.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 10:26 AM   #2476
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlessdark View Post
I don’t know what your experience has been like, but here (Vancouver area), it’s nearly impossible to actually get someone to pick up the phone at any of the nearby locations.

I’ve run into a couple times too where IF you finally do get someone on the phone, it’s ‘I’ll call you back’ (which they never do), or the few times now where I’ve been told ‘No we don’t have that’, when someone has posted it about it in the sightings thread, so I go in there and there are multiple sitting on the shelf.

So, it really is a crapshoot. It’s nothing new either. These stores were poorly run even before covid. Retail is a bit of thankless job and you are generally treated like dirt by customers, so I refuse to lose my patience with staff, especially over toys. But I can’t lie and say it hasn’t been frustrating dealing with them especially now that I’ve had to pick up baby stuff as well.

And yeah, that website. Good God.

I’ve placed orders now for that Origins Bee that have been cancelled 5 times. I don’t understand how pick up orders are being cancelled during hours when the store isn’t even open, or within a minute or so of the order being placed. And the website keeps reporting stock in that store and even reporting stock in stores that didn’t before. Ordered. Cancelled. Try to get someone on the phone? Nope, no luck. Repeat.
I assume you have, but just to say this..

Have you simply gone in person, check for yourself, and then go to customer service and have them check in the system for stock, which they can check the other stores. Some can play stupid and just "use" their web site, but you can insist that they use their actual inventory system.

That has granted me much better information, including expected possible stock shipment (having the item number is required).
Old 11-04-2021, 10:54 AM   #2477
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTrain View Post
100% agree. My background is in retail systems and the TRU site irritates me to no end.

Toys R Us runs on Salesforce Commerce (acquired as Demandware) and Canadian Tire runs on SAP Commerce (acquired as Hybris).

Yeah I get that CT does the whole wave as a SKU rather than individual figures and it isn't a function of the system they are using, but rather their own practices. Again it is a minor gripe for me, and the work around, as I said, is that I just look at the total number of units for a wave and try to decide if the popular ones are still there.

I just got a MOTU:Origins Buzzsaw Hordak from my local CT. When I checked last week only a couple stores had any stock from that wave. 1 had about 8, another has 6 and most had 0. I checked out the CT with 8 and it was a bust, all old stock. This week I checked again and the closest one to me had 12 in stock, so I took the gamble and it paid off. They had the whole wave in multiples. So I use that as a gauge to minimize time wasted. If they have low stock, most likely it has been picked over so I pass. If they have a lot of stock then chance of getting the hard to find stuff is higher and I'll risk it. Not perfect, but what can I expect from a store that really only stocks toys for Christmas?

Anyway, long story short, TRU get a better system for #@#$ sakes.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 12:00 PM   #2478
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

UFO saucer Bumblebee Origins is on sale!!!

Hurry, order lots to stuff the stockings for Christmas.

Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 12:35 PM   #2479
theoneyouknowleast
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
UFO saucer Bumblebee Origins is on sale!!!

Hurry, order lots to stuff the stockings for Christmas.

Like the only thing worthy while to pick on the site as well. Has the site been even updated in the past few months.

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 12:48 PM   #2480
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast View Post
Like the only thing worthy while to pick on the site as well
Noticed that this morning myself

Yesterday was thinkin "maybe the BF 20% off will be a good chance to grab some exclusive leader/commanders"

Come on this morning "wtf"
evenstaves is online now   Reply With Quote