Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-30-2021, 06:51 PM   #571
Dark Rage
白人看不懂
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

Anything see his latest FB post? How is this even possible?

I hope something writes to The Toronto Star warning them off his shady practices and disrespectful emails, so he gets blacklisted forever.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210830-184830.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	50040  
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 07:56 PM   #572
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

To follow up:

Please email readerschoice@metroland.com if you wish to voice your concern on NMC Toys being allowed to be nominated on this list. He's under the Shopping > Collectibles Shop category.

FAQ link: https://d292rtonams1uk.cloudfront.ne...80f14d97f8.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210830-195334.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	50041  
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 08:23 PM   #573
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post

I hope something writes to The Toronto Star warning them off his shady practices and disrespectful emails, so he gets blacklisted forever.
What in the actual fuck

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 09:35 PM   #574
Solauren
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokdogg View Post
Just got a update with my personal case involving Northmen Collectibles. They have refused to respond to attempts by the Consumer Protection Ontario and are now on the Consumer Beware list. I have only 1 option left to recover my money from this con man run business, small claims court. Also I just checked the google review site, looks like they deleted their old entry and started a new one to get rid of the negative reviews

Perhaps it's time to organize a class action lawsuit against him.
Solauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 09:51 PM   #575
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post

I imagine the nomination process is pretty lax. Either companies submit their own names or it just takes a couple of people tossing a name at their editors to get on the list (which he can likely do with ease if he's sock-puppeting reviews like we figure he is via google)

Plus he seems to scrub and control his review pages enough that it probably pulls attention away from the negative ones. Didn't someone just finish saying that his google profile has been altered so as to remove the negative reviews? Convenient timing considering these nominations just came out, no?

People in Ontario in the Star's readership reach really should write some e-mails explaining why that nomination is terrible.

Link to the government consumer watch list thing too. That'll help.
Old 08-31-2021, 04:01 PM   #576
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Might have been paid promotions, alot of media now has these types of promotional materials that look like articles, but they are essentially paid ads. Hard to tell really, not a good look on the Toronto Star that is already losing money hand over fist...
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 04:03 PM   #577
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
not a good look on the Toronto Star that is already losing money hand over fist...
Yeah I mean I'm not in GTA but I was gonna say - is the Star even reputable? or a step above the Enquirer
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 04:05 PM   #578
delrue
Crossover

Toronto Star is fine. It's the [CITY] Sun newspapers you need to be wary of.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 04:05 PM   #579
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Yeah I mean I'm not in GTA but I was gonna say - is the Star even reputable? or a step above the Enquirer
Its considered Canada's newspaper of record, which makes it even sadder.
Old 08-31-2021, 04:16 PM   #580
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
Hello. I'm here to share my story with NMC. I'm new here. First, I want to thank all of you for posting so much information about this store. It has helped me navigate the worst and expect nasty emails!

My story with him is as such. I ordered goods in November for several hundred dollars. They were due for fulfilment in Janaury. Nothing. I still trusted the guy and made two further purchases using Paypal. After waiting on the third order, I finally did a background check and found this thread. Everything made sense. I was barely in my refund window but did my best with Paypal and my credit card company. I did get nasty messages through Paypal and an offer to get a refund minus 15%. I said no and asked Paypal to look at the case. In both cases Paypal issued me a full refund. For the third and larger order, I called my credit card company several times and was firm with them. They just issued me a full refund.

In every case, I asked Paypal and my credit card company to look at this thread and they did. That played a significant role in proving my case. My credit card company also knew of him. I was not the first to request a charge back.

I would argue to not waste time with getting support from him. Proceed through Paypal and email him there. Every message, including his nasty emails are part of the case. Be very polite but firm. Stick to the facts, and do not go down in the mud with the guy. You need to show that you are credible and honest and that he isn't. The more he rants on Paypal, the worst he looks, and the easiest it is for PP to issue a refund.

Bravo...well done, this is how you play dodgeball friends!