Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-29-2021, 11:00 AM   #311
predahank
Storing is hoarding
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
Has anyone filled a complaint with BBB about him?
yes there are bbb complaints and surprise surprise, he has long winded arrogant rebuttals
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 11:12 AM   #312
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Never used them but after all these stories I visualize him as the comic book guy from the Simpsons in terms of attitude and service
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 01:16 PM   #313
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
I filled one out for his coupon code review fraud.

I also noticed he got called out on the ethics and policy violation of his coupon promo in a Google Review and almost immediately posted to his facebook group that the promo had "run its course" and ended it. No coincidence there, I'm sure. He's knows what he was doing. This whole "was just trying to give back to the community" is horseshit. He was only trying to boost his rating
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 01:24 PM   #314
Metrotitan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Yep... https://www.bbb.org/ca/on/toronto/pr...506/complaints
Old 04-29-2021, 01:27 PM   #315
Napseeker
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
Never used them but after all these stories I visualize him as the comic book guy from the Simpsons in terms of attitude and service

I don't think the show ever portrayed Comic Book Guy as someone who did a bad job at customer service.

Heck, CBG's arrogant nerd attitude isn't even a fraction of NMC's combination of narcissism and martyr complex.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 01:28 PM   #316
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Looks like he's going around getting threads removed. That reddit thread has been deleted by mods.
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 01:34 PM   #317
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

He's a crook and of course he's trying to sweep the truth away. People that got scammed by him should call the police.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 02:56 PM   #318
Fab
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cli1ck View Post
I'll just leave these here

Guess what? That post has now disappeared from NMC FB page. I wonder why...
Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 06:36 PM   #319
Scenario
Generation 1

Just an update on my situation. Maybe this will help others.

I contacted my Visa company today to dispute a credit card charge regarding NMC. I said it was a "problematic transaction in which the items purchased were never delivered". They asked for the order details (date of transaction, order#, invoice# and descriptions of all items, the ETA of the items that NMC did not have in stock). They asked when was my last communication with NMC.

It was a lot of waiting on the phone..waited 20 minutes to get through to Customer Service then another 10-15 to speak with someone from the dispute department after CS transferred my call. But at the end of the phone call, they said to expect the funds to be added to my card within 30-45 days. So it ended up being the best-case scenario with just one phone call. Hopefully, Visa comes through. It will be a big weight off my shoulders.
Scenario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 06:49 PM   #320
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenario View Post
Just an update on my situation. Maybe this will help others.

I contacted my Visa company today to dispute a credit card charge regarding NMC. I said it was a "problematic transaction in which the items purchased were never delivered". They asked for the order details (date of transaction, order#, invoice# and descriptions of all items, the ETA of the items that NMC did not have in stock). They asked when was my last communication with NMC.

It was a lot of waiting on the phone..waited 20 minutes to get through to Customer Service then another 10-15 to speak with someone from the dispute department after CS transferred my call. But at the end of the phone call, they said to expect the funds to be added to my card within 30-45 days. So it ended up being the best-case scenario with just one phone call. Hopefully, Visa comes through. It will be a big weight off my shoulders.

Judging by the stories in this thread, expect a long-winded, angry e-mail from the NMC guy to end up in your inbox as soon as Visa begins the reversal process, decrying you for failing to go through the official channels (that don't work) or being patient enough to stick it out with him (because why doesn't everyone just understand that not having promised goods delivered even months after they're widely available elsewhere and then getting stiffed, ignored, or browbeaten for disputing your treatment is a time-honored part of doing business?).

Followed by a swift banning from his store in a hilarious sort of "you can't fire me, I quit!" attempt to salvage the most pyrrhic of victories from the ever expanding crapstorm that is almost entirely of his own making.

Last edited by The Nemesis; 04-29-2021 at 06:51 PM.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote