Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-02-2009, 08:58 AM   #1
DECEPTICON_BRAWL
Autocepticon
ML Soundwave or Henkei Dinobot?

Hi! i'm on the fence of ordering music label soundwave or pre ordering henkei dinobot.who should i get?any suggestions of whos better?i know no one has henkei dinobot but i bet some of you have the hasbro version.whats the mold like?and music label soundwave. is it worth the price?EDIT: a few more things i found SW on a website for 59 bucks.and i'm looking to buy the spark blue.also i don't care THAT much about the mp3 feature.but it would be my first mp3.and another question.for the people who own the ml sw are the instructions in japanese or english?and would it work to download music from an imac and (i know i'm asking much) how many songs can it hold?

I VOTE FOR A LEADER CLASS FALLEN!!!!!

Last edited by DECEPTICON_BRAWL; 03-02-2009 at 07:38 PM.
DECEPTICON_BRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
Solscud007
Beast Machine
Re: ML Soundwave or Henkei Dinobot?

hmm tough. Im not a fan of beastwars even though I did have all of the first wave toys when the show came out, But I came to my senses and got rid of them all.

Anyway I say a MP3 playin SW is a must for any collector. the headphones on the other hand are not so hot. but cool for a completist. Dinobot just doesnt do much for me anyway let alone the Henkei version.
Solscud007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:13 AM   #3
Prime Monkey
Generation 1

A Soundwave that actually plays music? A definite must for the collection! Get Soundwave first, but try and get the Dinobot as well. From the pictures, he's a fine toy as well and a nice upgrade from the original one.
Prime Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Look into whether you really want the soundwave. He takes those little memory chips, which can get expensive, and I've heard complaints about the quality (but then again, complaints? In the TF community? *GASP*). He's also a little big to carry around in your pocket (unless you have big pockets), so keep in mind what you're going to use him for.

On the other hand, he's a soundwave MP3 player, and that's a pretty powerful statement in his favor. Memory is getting cheaper every day, and if you're just going to put it on display, his size doesn't make much of a difference.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:49 PM   #5
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Very tough call. Which colors is the ML Soundwave you're looking at?

It really comes down to nostalgia I'd say. Myself, I'm more of a fan of Dinobot, so the Henkei's the priority. However, if I see a reasonable Spark Blue ML Sounders at TFCon I might buy.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:35 PM   #6
Batman
The Dark Knight

No, Music label Soundwave is not worth the price ($100-$120 I think, and I have seen Soundblaster for as low as $40 on sale).There are MP3 players that are much better than this one for $15. It does not even have an OS system of any kind, not to mention that you will have to spend an additional $20-$30 to buy a mini SD card. For that price you can get an Ipod Nano or pretty close to it.

As a toy he is not bad, but again do you really want to pay that much for what is basically a deluxe with a crappy action feature?

In his defense though, he does look nice and fits in nicely with the Universe line. I am hoping that one day Hasbro will gut his electronics, give him a working door to hold his minions and release him over here.

Anyways I would get Henkei Dinobot because he is damn sexy.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:20 PM   #7
Icetron

I bought my Music Label Soundwave Spark Blue for $60 USD (I think) shipped from Robotkingdom. It was brand new but mine was defective in terms of mp3 player functionality. I honestly didn't buy the figure for the mp3 player so it doesn't bother me at all.

Sorry, sort of off-topic. On-topic, I would say if you find a good deal on ML Soundwave then go for it. I think it's a cool toy to have, just not $100+ cool. If you can't find a deal then just go for Henkei Dinobot.

EDIT: Looks like they still have some at RK. http://robotkingdom.com/services/esh...&lang=us&CatID=

Last edited by Icetron; 03-02-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Icetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #8
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

soundwave all the way, super poseable, looks nice (especially with reprolable upgrades) and if you can get him for a deal go for it, looks really good beside universe ravage

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #9
S.A.A.M.
Beast Machine

Soundwave, no question. Yes it's expensive, so look for a deal. No offense to BW fans, but Dinobot is a total pass for me.
S.A.A.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:51 PM   #10
Solscud007
Beast Machine

yep. Not a fan of BW. I dont know where you are getting your memory cards, but I get 2gb micro SD cards for like 4-5 bucks. $10 tops. and they come with a normal SD card and mini sd card adapter. Also they are by kingston. So the idea that memory is expensive is not really valid.

The MP3 part is a gimmick. that is all. Basically it is like a big ipod shuffle. There isnt a LCD screen so you dont know what song is playing unless you hear it. Just buy it. stop contemplating it. And then get the Universe Dinobot.
Solscud007 is offline   Reply With Quote