Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 05-13-2009, 08:23 PM   #101
Galvatron007
Re: Transformers 40% Off Sale at Toys R' Us, from May 8-14th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ro View Post
Technically the Wal-Mart/Zellers policy is to match a specific advertised price, not a generic "% off." If you show them an ad with a specific item saying "original price XX, now XX", they will match the specific listed price. They're not stupid just because they won't give you what you want. Don't be whiny babies because somebody won't give your cheap ass a discount on TOYS.

Try different stores and be polite. One Zellers declined to price match for me due to their policy, but another offered 30% off since what I wanted wasn't specifically a Voyager or Activator.
"Policy" aside, what is the difference between a price-match or a percentage match if they equal the same amount? They are the same frakkin' thing dude. Honestly, that IS STUPID.

EDIT/FYI: A Wal-Mart did not match a specific price for me just last week. Even though they have a huge "price-matching" banner displayed in the store...

Last edited by Galvatron007; 05-13-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Galvatron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:07 PM   #102
Tumblebug
Machine War

I managed to score a purple wave today at zellers for $30 with the TRU flyer. The girl didn't give me any hassle at all.
Tumblebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:50 PM   #103
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumblebug View Post
I managed to score a purple wave today at zellers for $30 with the TRU flyer. The girl didn't give me any hassle at all.
Ditto!

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:54 PM   #104
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
...They're not stupid just because they won't give you what you want. Don't be whiny babies because somebody won't give your cheap ass a discount on TOYS.
I didn't mean they were stupid because they didn't give me what I wanted. I meant they were stupid because they refused to acknowledge the advertisement's writing. The person acted like they couldn't read! and did not respond to my attempts to teach them to read the words in the advertisement or even look at the bloody writing, the person just stared off into space....

Quote:
Try different stores and be polite.
FYI I was very polite at the store.

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs

Last edited by pandaprime; 05-13-2009 at 09:57 PM.
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:02 PM   #105
Tumblebug
Machine War

I think in some cases too, if you don't elude to something being wrong, no one will think there is. I just handed the girl the flyer, asked if I could get a... and before I finished she said "price match?" I just nodded and she punched in the code and before you know it, I was traveling hyperspace lanes.

But I do think that it has something to to do with the person at the till. This girl didn't look like she cared ether way if I got a discount or not and didn't seem to be too concerned with what was in the picture of the flyer. I guess it was my lucky day.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:23 PM   #106
Galvatron007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumblebug View Post

But I do think that it has something to to do with the person at the till. This girl didn't look like she cared ether way if I got a discount or not and didn't seem to be too concerned with what was in the picture of the flyer. I guess it was my lucky day.

Totally agree. I have had employees give me attitude about the price adjustment, while others did it without a second thought. I still don't understand why people are so varied in this instance, as both Zellers and W-M have the same widely displayed policy.

I have noticed that part-timers tend not to care or give any hassle when compared to the full-time employees. So just try and spot a part-timer, and go to their till lol.

I got the Purple Animated Shockwave a few days ago, $29.99 + 40% off with the flyer - I was lucky as the figure did not scan. It's insane how they cost $49.99 suddenly, I feel sorry for those who are still looking to pick it up.

Galvatron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:57 PM   #107
Tumblebug
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron007 View Post
It's insane how they cost $49.99 suddenly, I feel sorry for those who are still looking to pick it up.
Indeed.

I just looks for the youngest and most bored person at the tills. Makes a lot of difference.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:29 AM   #108
TFtoys
Animated

Quote:
Don't be whiny babies because somebody won't give your cheap ass a discount on TOYS...wasn't specifically a Voyager or Activator.
Of course there is no point to argue or get angry with the clerks if they don't allow the discount. we can simply walk away and try the next store. However, in Cybertron.ca we have duties to show our examples that "price match" is not always allowed from the Walmart and Zellers. We can try to avoid certain clerks or go to certain clerks by reading these threads to maximize the successful rate of be approval for price match
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:45 AM   #109
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron007 View Post
"Policy" aside, what is the difference between a price-match or a percentage match if they equal the same amount? They are the same frakkin' thing dude. Honestly, that IS STUPID.

EDIT/FYI: A Wal-Mart did not match a specific price for me just last week. Even though they have a huge "price-matching" banner displayed in the store...
The theory is that the store you want to price-match does not know the competing store's original price if the flyer is just "% off." If that is advertised on the flyer, they'll match unless it's drastically different from their normal price. Most employees are just following policy... Though as to your second point, sometimes people don't do their jobs -well-. Could always go above their heads. Hey, a policy is a policy, adhere to it all the time or not at all. =)

I would really love to know why Zellers is charging so much, even though it's an answer we won't get. I could understand them not offering the set at a "deal" price like in the USA or with their comic-book 2-packs (voyager/deluxe for 35 bucks cheap). But to charge more than the individual pieces are worth blows my mind. Especially for an Activator. Wonder if Zellers is going to do any TF clearance soon; they'll be getting movie toys in too...

Last edited by RNSrobot; 05-14-2009 at 12:42 PM.
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:37 PM   #110
jacobot
drone 179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
FYI: This has been extended until the 18th.
So.. If they put out Rotf Previews BB & SW this weekend are they 40% off too?
jacobot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sale, toys "r" us