Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-24-2022, 05:39 PM   #2161
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryArticuno View Post
Does anyone find shopping at Walmart difficult? More often than not there isn't a price listed so I have no idea what the in-store price is. The problem is even worse for Lego which doesnt use pegs to store the product.

I'm legit asking for tips, because I don't want to have to chase down an associate or carry a bunch of product up to the self checkout just to find the price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
Download the walmart app and you can scan the barcode off the item.
This!

Was going to suggest doing just that.

BUT, note that:

1) not sure if it's due to the heart behind the mirror but I find that a few WM are built in a way that blocks cell phone signal.

2) I've had many items that came out as not valid... you know, cause Walmart sells stuff that isn't on their site it appears.
Old 05-24-2022, 07:32 PM   #2162
LegendaryArticuno
Generation 1

Thanks, I didn't realize they had an app to barscan!
LegendaryArticuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 08:45 PM   #2163
Philtastic
Beasty

The Walmart app is pretty useless these days. Especially since website and in-store prices often aren't the same, and Walmart stores won't even price match their own website anymore. Also, half the time it doesn't even find the item, particularly when it comes to toys.

However, they have wall-mounted barcode scanners hidden around the stores, where you can do your own price scans, but good luck finding one.
Philtastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 05:54 AM   #2164
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philtastic View Post
The Walmart app is pretty useless these days. Especially since website and in-store prices often aren't the same, and Walmart stores won't even price match their own website anymore. Also, half the time it doesn't even find the item, particularly when it comes to toys.

However, they have wall-mounted barcode scanners hidden around the stores, where you can do your own price scans, but good luck finding one.

This ^

The website pricing doesn't always match the in store pricing, so if something is supposed to be on sale in store good luck finding the price on the website/app.

Also lately I have found the in store price check scanners aren't working properly. The last couple times I have tried to check a price it either said "trying to connect to server" or it had some weird software company logo and wouldn't go to another screen to scan.

So more poor maintenance, surprise, surprise.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 08:28 AM   #2165
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryArticuno View Post
Does anyone find shopping at Walmart difficult? More often than not there isn't a price listed so I have no idea what the in-store price is. The problem is even worse for Lego which doesnt use pegs to store the product.

I'm legit asking for tips, because I don't want to have to chase down an associate or carry a bunch of product up to the self checkout just to find the price.
Walmart is currently in the process of redoing their price labels. Certain stores already fully converted to the new labelling while others have not.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 09:06 AM   #2166
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Long ago I gave up all pretense of accurate remote stock assessment; the only way to know for sure what's in a store is to go there, and look at it yourself

-> websites never reflect accurate in-store stock, only eComm stock (different pool of goods)

-> employees don't know what they're doing and/or don't care, can't check over the phone (only TRU was decent at this, but ofc they're out of consideration now due to insanity)

As for in-store, EB is all ticketed goods that indicate plat discount pricing, and TRU while overpriced, is often ticketed correctly (got nothin but time in those ghost towns)

WM shelf ticketing can be inaccurate, but pound for pound its best value, so i don't mind hunting down a price scanner to confirm pricing beforehand
Also sometime they haven't updated the tickets at all and u can get away with murder (recent Legacy leader barcodes not scanning, and being price-matched to Kingdom leader clearance, for example)

On top of "usually in there anyways re: groceries" and popping over to potentially score a deal, only magnifies
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 02:50 AM   #2167
InsOmniaC
Generation 1

Just to add, unless I know it's something that's in high demand and will get snatched up quick, I'll usually just take a picture of the barcode and go find a scanner. Saves me the trouble of heading back to the shelf to put the item back if the price isn't for me.
InsOmniaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 03:50 AM   #2168
Philtastic
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsOmniaC View Post
Just to add, unless I know it's something that's in high demand and will get snatched up quick, I'll usually just take a picture of the barcode and go find a scanner. Saves me the trouble of heading back to the shelf to put the item back if the price isn't for me.
You put things back on the correct shelf?
Philtastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 11:39 PM   #2169
steamwhistle
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsOmniaC View Post
This is a good idea.
Now I feel silly for carrying around the item while looking for a scanner.
Thanks for the tip.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 09:25 AM   #2170
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Kingdom Netflix spoiler pack (shiny Siege Megs AGAIN w/ the purple boner) had the appearance of being back in stock this morning

But when I got one in the cart, couldn't proceed to checkout "actually this is OOS, sorry"
The search & item-page levels both suggest it's available "sold & shipped from WalMart", but cart level denies it

(inb4 someone else gets it to work, damn it)

EDIT -> ACTUALLY I just added a 2nd copy to the cart (attempting to repeat the process)
and it allowed me to finish the order only when I had two in the cart
(attempted to remove one, and watched it toggle from "available to ship" (or whatever) back to "out of stock")

So I put through the order for two copies, let's see if it actually works or if this discrepancy is actually just a website f*ckup

DOUBLE EDIT -> Double also, the search level now shows "almost sold out online!" under it (didn't say that earlier when I first saw it) - does this limited stock actually exist???

Last edited by evenstaves; 06-01-2022 at 09:54 AM.
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
walmart