Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-04-2016, 02:11 PM   #31
Stormrave
Machine War
Re: My First TFCON!

Burger King is close enough to walk easily, which is helpful when, like me, you don't have a car at the con--especially if you leave at the end of one panel and only have 55 minutes before the next panel you want to see starts.
Stormrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 02:24 PM   #32
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Well ya I'm coming from way out of town. I'd like to leave my car in the parking lot because if I leave to go eat I may not get a parking spot if I want to get back in after.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 03:57 PM   #33
optimusb39
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
Well ya I'm coming from way out of town. I'd like to leave my car in the parking lot because if I leave to go eat I may not get a parking spot if I want to get back in after.
True that! Parking is insane if you dont get there early and even then you spend ten to fiften minutes driving in circles.its almost easier to park at the plaza down the street and walk unless you plan on going back to your car with loot several times throughout the day.
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 05:46 PM   #34
NintendoVG13
Mini-Con

This will be my very first TFcon and I had a few questions about parts parties. What are they? How can I tell if someone is part of it? When do they take place?
NintendoVG13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:02 PM   #35
Ultra Maverick
The Bow Tie Guy

I envy you!
Wish I could experience it again for the first time.

Have fun, talk to other fans and always have a list for the dealer room

...and I hear the staff are pretty friendly too
Ultra Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:45 PM   #36
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoVG13 View Post
This will be my very first TFcon and I had a few questions about parts parties. What are they? How can I tell if someone is part of it? When do they take place?
They are really a misnomer these days, but back in the day there used to be a Friday "parts party" where people would get together to trade/swap parts from transformers (missiles, guns, etc.) and eat pizza (hence the "party" part).

These days it's people who are selling things out of their hotel room (could be full robots, could be parts, whatever) or otherwise at the convention, without actually having a table in the dealer room.

I'm not sure their technical status. In past years we've had a bulletin board where people holding such events could advertise that they were holding such events, but I don't recall seeing that last year. Or maybe I'm just mistaken.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 07:05 PM   #37
OptimusB38
Optimus B

I took my 5 year old son to our first tfcon and we had a blast! Spent a lot of money and came out with wicked stuff. There will b more but not this year unfortunately
OptimusB38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:05 AM   #38
Stormrave
Machine War

NintendoVG13: Like Bruticus82 said, the formal parts party/pizza party doesn't happen any more, because of the new hotel's regulations about outside food (however, they put on a special menu at the Quest Lounge with cheaper food geared towards nerds who spend most of their money on toys, in which category I include myself) and complaints about sales (the original idea was it was supposed to be a trading party, but it was so hard to find a perfectly even trade that money switched hands a little too often). They want to be fair to people who pay for a table in the dealer's room: the dealer's room needs to be full cause it'd suck if it wasn't, and if you have a lot to sell, you should be buying a table and selling it there.

There's always at least one table in the dealer's room selling parts.

So, these days, people who just want to sell a couple items often have room parties, usually announced on a bulletin board in the lobby, room and time and a bit of what's there.

It's also perfectly fair to arrange sales or trades on the boards in advance, text someone, meet up, and exchange.
Stormrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:41 AM   #39
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusb39 View Post
True that! Parking is insane if you dont get there early and even then you spend ten to fiften minutes driving in circles.its almost easier to park at the plaza down the street and walk unless you plan on going back to your car with loot several times throughout the day.
Which plaza is that? Im going later in the day and might need to use that
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 01:16 PM   #40
NintendoVG13
Mini-Con

Regardless of the parts party, I'm still going to have a blast!
NintendoVG13 is offline   Reply With Quote