Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-24-2012, 12:58 AM   #11
Softserve
Generation 1
Re: First TFCON ever! Tips? Tricks? Advice?

Well a massive thank you to everyone that has posted on here for me and everyone else who has come along this little posting!

I have given the podcast a full listen, lots of great tips in there!

Deodorant will be applied, and extra will be left in the truck :P

I am looking forward to the mystery bins of parts for custom stuff, my own little kibble masterpiece (see what I did there, I used words I hear on youtube a lot :P)

Currently bidding on the last customizing class that is being auctioned off!

Hope to see everyone there! If you see an out of place gent wondering around aimlessly with a dumb smile on his face I'm sure you have found me

P.S. see attached a little project I whipped up to bridge the gap before the show! A little Nemesis Prime micro Lego build
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2 (2).jpg
Views:	113
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	15090  
Softserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:02 AM   #12
Softserve
Generation 1

And the second shot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1 (2).jpg
Views:	94
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	15091  
Softserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:34 AM   #13
Sideswipe
Break it down!

Omg I remember that...

LOL!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Oh, one more. If you lose the cannon to your leader brawl, just accept that It's gone. Forever.

And welcom to TFCon, may it be the first of many.
And many of us will come with bots to trade and what not. Friday night there is a meetup board for trading.
Also, if you like legos, and collect minifigs, I have a few spares to trade.

Last edited by Sideswipe; 07-24-2012 at 01:39 AM.
Sideswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:46 AM   #14
Mike
Robot Master
Mike's Ebay Auctions

Bring lots of money
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #15
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

My best advice would be to bring your entire collection and place it in the trunk of my car, all in exchange for the awesomeness of bringing your entire collection and placing it in the trunk of my car.

But if that doesn't float your boat, then listen to the podcast and have fun.

As for bringing cash, keep in mind that people will be low on change and would like to round to the nearest dollar for simplicity. So bring lots of 5's, 10's, loonies, twonies, and a bunch of rolls of quarters for Sunday.

If you're looking for some big ticket items, bring a few 20's. Assume that the cash machines will be empty.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #16
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
I think that covers the basics. Oh, one more. If you lose the cannon to your leader brawl, just accept that It's gone. Forever.
Never 4Get.

Another thing to do is to read over the schedule beforehand and try to get an idea of what you want to do most, and then sort of plan the rest of the time around that. There's a lot going on, and with lineups, food, and carrying stuff, things can take more time than you think they will.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #17
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Best advice I ever got was "don't eat yellow snow." I still follow that advice to this day.

As for TFCON, don't get too serious, have fun , shower , use deodorant , only spend what you want to spend (I think everyone there gets buyers remorse at some point), make sure what you are buying isnt a KO (unless thats what you want).
Make a list of what you want and what is the most you would spend of that item and of what panels you want to see.

Have a great time and enjoy the show.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #18
Janitor
Classic

My one pro-tip for buying: because these are Transformers, if you can before handing over the cash: TRANSFORM the damn thing! Check it out in both alt and bot mode first.

I made this stupid mistake last year with a G1 Slugslinger. Won't say how much I overpaid for it, but when I got home to transform him into bot mode, the effin' left leg pops off (part was missing)! Mind you I was able to fixed it/replace the part, but something like this should not happen in the first place.
Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #19
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janitor View Post
My one pro-tip for buying: because these are Transformers, if you can before handing over the cash: TRANSFORM the damn thing! Check it out in both alt and bot mode first.

I made this stupid mistake last year with a G1 Slugslinger. Won't say how much I overpaid for it, but when I got home to transform him into bot mode, the effin' left leg pops off (part was missing)! Mind you I was able to fixed it/replace the part, but something like this should not happen in the first place.
Some people might be a bit iffy about letting someone manhandle items off of their table. I mean, if it breaks in your hands, that leads to a very very awkward pause, followed by more awkwardness and undesirable reactions.

If its from a loose bin, sure, why not.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #20
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
Well, for a start...
...before you come to the show...
(1) Make a list of what you're looking for and research prices. Keep in mind prices at a con can vary from what you see online. Sometimes they're more, sometimes they're less.
(2) Get some cash! Bring more than you plan on spending, but not more than you feel comfortable spending. More than likely you will find things you want, but didn't plan on buying. Just don't go overboard.
Assuming you're staying the weekend...
(3) Shower every morning. Use soap.
(4) Use deodorant.
(5) Change into fresh, clean clothes.
Now you're ready for the show!
(6) Be patient. There will be lines. Not as bad as BotCon. But whether it be for registration, the dealer room, or a guest signing, you'll be expected to wait in line. Maybe talk to the person in front of or behind you. They're probably there for the same reason you are. Who knows? You might make a new friend!
(7) Listen to the staff. They're fans too and they're volunteers. And they're there to try and make sure everyone has a great time.
(8) Have fun!
^what he said,and also,just be yourself.
you're surrounded for a whole weekend with people who share the same interests as you,so there's no reason to be little jack horner stuck in the corner by himself.
oh,and have lotsa fun!!!it only comes around once a year